Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Robbie left Hearts 2nd in the league and even then folk were happy he went just after pumping Rangers 2-0 ,he cares about the club and knows the place so could do worse I'd say

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Independence said:

Other threads are saying Stendal had told Queen Anne he was off. Seems like a sensible turn of events!

Seems like it to me too.

my guess:

United are circling the pan. They want rid of everyone that they can’t afford to pay promotion bonuses and wage rises to.

Stendel told Hearts he was off. Probably got another job lined up.

Budge didn’t want to be burned, like we have been in the past, for hanging around.

manaliveits105
14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:thumbsup:

Life is a rollercoaster. Winston Churchill said that... or was it Ronan Keating? I forget.

You say it best 

5 minutes ago, Independence said:

Other threads are saying Stendal had told Queen Anne he was off. Seems like a sensible turn of events!

He might have a Bundesliga 2 gig sorted - interesting to see him on that the other night made me think that was possible

28 minutes ago, stan said:

Must have been one awkward call for Ann to make to United

'See that court case?'

'Aye, ya radge'

'Well, I'm not calling about that...'

:rofl:Just spluttered my cuppa tea.

1 hour ago, kwizbet09 said:

What happens then if we win the court case and are put back in the Premier league surely Daniel Stendel would still have a contract. 

Unless off course he has left by mutual consent!

Just now, Australis said:

Welcome back Robbie, and all done without a sporting director. So who made the decision JT's ? 

David Weir is being banded about hope not 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, rory78 said:

David Weir is being banded about hope not 

Hopefully not that fud.

The Mighty Thor

Ann Budge not content with trolling the SPFL and other clubs decides to wade into sections of the Hearts support by bringing Robbie back. 😂

You've got to hand it to her. Top bantz. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hopefully not that fud.

Exactly - anytime he came back to Tynecastle he never ever clapped the Hearts fans - if it wasn't for Falkirk and Hearts he'd still be a student probably as Falkirk took a chance on him in his 20's

2 hours ago, Deso1972 said:

I thought Id clicked on a dodgy link somwhere.. 3 year deal

It proves we never learn

King Of The Cat Cafe

I'm glad to have Robbie back, but seriously - that statement:

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce that we have this evening agreed terms with all relevant parties for the return of Robbie Neilson as manager.

What sort of idiot writes this guff?

If you start a sentence referring to the club in the singular: "is" then you should not change it to the plural: "we" in the same sentence.

Amateur hour in our PR department

All roads lead to Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I don’t think Stendel took us a massive step backward.

It was more like a massive step sideways with Stendel and if Robbie had come in instead of DS I believe we would have been higher up the league right now. 

2 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce that we have this evening agreed terms with all relevant parties for the return of Robbie Neilson as manager.

If you start a sentence referring to the club in the singular: "is" then you should not change it to the plural: "we" in the same sentence.

Must have an American as our PR person. 

6 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Great appointment. Hounded out by ar5seholes when we were 2nd in the league. 

Would he have came back if he was hounded out? Let's hope he gets off to a flyer.

Guest ToqueJambo

This is awesome on so many levels. It annoys all the right people, from the plane hirers and Phoodle merchants to the "he's taken us as far as he can" brigade to Dundee Utd and Jim Spence to the media to Hibs fans.... everyone I want to see annoyed right now will be annoyed.

And we get the perfect manager for a quick promotion, especially if we have to rely on some youngsters, and someone who definitely knows how to keep us at the top end of the table in the Premiership. 

Absolutely epic. 

14 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm not so sure. 

So you think Stendel took us “a massive step backwards”???

IMO a massive step backwards would have been if we had been top six when he arrived and took us down to the bottom.

letsmakesomenoise
1 hour ago, kwizbet09 said:

What happens then if we win the court case and are put back in the Premier league surely Daniel Stendel would still have a contract. 

Maybe thats why it needed done before the SPFL responded.  Technically at the moment we are “relegated” so he doesn't have a contract.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is awesome on so many levels. It annoys all the right people, from the plane hirers and Phoodle merchants to the "he's taken us as far as he can" brigade to Dundee Utd and Jim Spence to the media to Hibs fans.... everyone I want to see annoyed right now will be annoyed.

And we get the perfect manager for a quick promotion, especially if we have to rely on some youngsters, and someone who definitely knows how to keep us at the top end of the table in the Premiership. 

Absolutely epic. 

The first part I couldn’t give a shit for.

The second part I agree with entirely.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

You mean it should say "I" instead of "we" ? 😂 It's completely normal for companies/businesses/football clubs to use first person like this.

1 hour ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

Bad decision for me. Not because I don’t like him. but I don’t think you should ever go back. 

Is there really no other managers out there as good if not better? 

An unnecessary lack of vision and ambition for me. Just repeating the same

old same old. 

Another from the good old Scottish manager merry Go round!! 
Done well for United but was absolutely woeful at MK Dons.

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Absolutely epic. 

Wasn’t exactly a quick promotion for him at Dundee Utd.

Delighted to have Robbie back - hope he repeats the successes of last time.

Bit of a poor show from the club not to acknowledge Stendel in the official statement - especially as he was taking no wages.

Unless he still has a role to play...?

hearts 4 the cup
1 hour ago, whyskey said:

after the court case she will have to go, stendell had us playing the way we wanted now its back to a hearts man. backward step,are we preparing for the championship.

We truly have some real wallpapers in our support! Stendel had us playing the way we wanted! Losing most weeks is what you wanted? 

neilson was the last successful manager we had and should find ourselves lucky that he’s back imo. I really hope all fans get behind him and give him the same grace that Stendel benefitted from 

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The first part I couldn’t give a shit for.

The second part I agree with entirely.

You dont enjoy the Wummery? 

:Aye:

:laugh:

jambocall51
On 18/06/2020 at 18:19, pettigrewsstylist said:

Spot on mate exactly what I’m thinking.

22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I feel a bit shell shocked but Robbie is a good enough manager who knows the club in side out and more importantly he won't have Levein to answer to this time. I was still eagerly awaiting to see what DS would do with his own team and the what if will remain especially if Robbie doesn't have us flying next season. I think he will though and that won't be an issue. Welcome home Robbie.

2 minutes ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

lets just hope we dont get hubz in the cup... oh wait a minute....

Season was ended and thus that leaves the cup cancelled.

16 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Nah - I think you have to look to another reason (person) for the reason he left.....

Lone Striker

Smart move by Ann. I really liked Daniel, but presume he's decided to take a job in Deutschland and informed Ann.  Can;t really blame him - he needs to earn a living.      It's quite amazing though that Robbie would decide to abandon the chance of a crack at the Premiership with D Utd in favour of  ..... erm..... possibly another crack at the Championship with Hearts.     Seems to me that something might be afoot at Tannadice money-wise - maybe Robbie had become aware that there would be only a meagre budget for new players.    

Or perhaps Ann convinced him that our legal challenge is highly likely to keep us in the Premiership and cancel D Utd's promotion !! :whistling:

Wonder who he'll appoint as assistant........ 

Can we please make Gorgie a no-fly zone from now on ........  welcome home, Robbie lad :yas: 

Absolutely delighted with the appointment of Neilson. Comes as a shock . Was worried that the McCann rumour might be true. 

colinmaroon
7 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Postmodern grammar at its worst.  "Are" is the only correct verb in that sentence the way it's constructed.

Do we have a Sporting Director in place I wonder? Double unveiling perhaps?

Question is due to Kirk and Gallagher deals as well as the players extended recently, combined with the lack of a leak before the Robbie Neilson deal was all but done.

RN signed an extension in October up to 2022 so I just hope his Hearts contract doesn’t have the same clauses his Utd one obviously did.

Very surprised, but if he can set out 11 players and not go changing 5 players from week to week we might have a chance of building a team and not a collection of individuals.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Another from the good old Scottish manager merry Go round!! 
Done well for United but was absolutely woeful at MK Dons.

Round and round it goes.

Pathetic.

13 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It was more like a massive step sideways with Stendel and if Robbie had come in instead of DS I believe we would have been higher up the league right now. 

We will never know.

21 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

He really wasn’t.   

colinmaroon
8 minutes ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

We truly have some real wallpapers in our support! Stendel had us playing the way we wanted! Losing most weeks is what you wanted? 

neilson was the last successful manager we had and should find ourselves lucky that he’s back imo. I really hope all fans get behind him and give him the same grace that Stendel benefitted from 

Strong whiff there, to be honest - i.e.in the post you're quoting..

Edited by colinmaroon

Fluorescent Adolescent
53 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Any idea of the compo we have paid DU?

It reads like there was a clause in his contract 

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

lets just hope we dont get hubz in the cup... oh wait a minute....

pumped them enough this season 

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Round and round it goes.

Pathetic.

He splits opinion, I’m entitled to mine as you are to yours.

45 minutes ago, Psychicjambo said:

Wonder if Davy Weir will be sporting director   

Did Robbie work under a Sporting Director at DU?

weegie jambo
48 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Yes I remember a few moths ago when many on here told us Daniel was the man..new and exciting they said..I guess being bottom and relegated was exciting if that's what they wanted

Me I'll take tried and tested at this moment in time …. Championship or Premier League after having gone through the exciting you would like

I think he will not be many fans first choice but he will not be bottom of those same fans list

He ticks all the boxes especially if we stay in the championship..2 promotions

cant argue with that although Daniel inherited such a mess that he needed longer to implement his style without Levein hanging about. I think he maybe underestimated the job.