Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I probably didn't word it well either to be fair reading it back, I read what you were saying as anyone who didn't think this was the right appointment should stay away. I'm not one of the banner tools and I agree we don't need them at Tynecastle. I'm still disappointed by this appointment though because rightly or wrongly (wrongly imo) this probably will divide the support again sadly...at a time when we've really come together. I'll be 100% right behind Neilson though and hope he's learnt from some of his previous mistakes with experience; which I'm sure he will have done. Feel for Stendel though as his time was a nightmare and I really liked him.

Crossed wires, crazy times, bolts from the blue. We're both behind Robbie, so let's shake and make up 👍

No problems. I'm juggling this news with the court case thread and the final whistle is about to go in the '98 final.HHGH. :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Kidd’s Boots

Well, at least we know that when the players are back they will have some double sessions to look forward to.....

I am surprised DS wasn't given more time, and no announcement seems odd, but will get behind the appointment 

17 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

You must be down to your last pint of blood after enduring Cathro and Levein...

Bled dry bud 👍

Stupid decision 

Stendel should have been given time budge is a total incompetent person , we just go from one stupid decision to the next. It’s time she stood down from this club. 

Good news. Robbie is a great manager.

The best man for the Job.

DS, understandably (imo) a high risk in the present critical times.

Edited by alfajambo

Greedy Jambo

Here's a question, 

If the court case results in us staying in the premiership, doesn't that mean that Stendel still has a contract?

weegie jambo

Must admit to being a bit non pulsed by Robbies appointment. He's a safe pair of hands but I'm looking for something a wee bit more exciting. I was excited by Daniel and would have liked to see him with a fresh slate this season but we are where we are and I hope Robbie comes in and kicks a few bums and grows a pair and goes for the jugular every week. Lets not go too much down the old boys network route. Berra has been a great servant but he's finished. Clean broom and all the best Robbie. 

First reaction is gutted Stendal isn’t getting the chance from scratch with a new season and shape the team into his own

2nd reaction is fear about Derbies again and this is where I hope we will ensure Robbies assistant / back room team will be people who compliment his style and fill the gaps with the skills he doesn’t possess.  A motivator for the big occasion is a must as part of that back room team, don’t care who but someone who can have us coming out the traps

didn't see robbies footballs as eye bleeding.  Leveins football was but robbies football was actually quite developed for a Scottish side.  He’s also no longer a novice having built up experience in 2 other jobs - experience usually allows a manager to develop a plan B which rookies don’t usually have 

Final thought is that at least this provides a degree of knowing what we will get at a time when we definitely need that.  With hindsight Daniels appointment was a huge gamble given where we were at the time  and he didn’t know the league.  If Robbie can find a derby formula then it may not be a bad appointment 

willie wallace
29 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Christ. I only went for a nap

Me too😀Nothing is going to happen on a quiet Sunday evening is it.?

queensferryjambo

Well done Hearts.

Great appointment IMO hopefully some real stability back in the managers roll.

Hearts fans get behind the new manager.

GIRFUY Dundee Utd you back stabbing wanks...........

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Thought we weren’t interested in the semi?

Still a money spinner 

Absolute Scenes
33 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Not every team had played the same amount of games when he left so it makes perfect sense. 

I couldn’t give a toss about what Dundee Utd or Rangers did, he ****ed up big time in the SC. You can also add getting pumped by a team from Malta. 

Let’s not try and rewrite history. 

Brilliant

so two games out of his 106 and that’s what we label him as, but let’s ignore the 62 games he won

this place is utterly mad 😂

12 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I never got that either. The cup replays yes, they were awful. But we were doing fine in the league when he left.

Yep. It was utterly mental. We were flying until he left and then we have struggled ever since. Style... sheesh... gies peace, man.

32 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Did they bleed the week we rammed 10 in the net or were you out shopping that day.

Nah no shopping pal,was talking about his premier League tenure from around halfway through until he left.

Hope you enjoyed it though. 👍

Absolute Scenes
32 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Any comment on his European results....

plenty. One game he lost

62 games out 106 won

i think I know which figure I’ll look at

14 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

We we're winning games last time.

You’d wonder why some wanted him out then. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

FB_IMG_1592768464849.jpg

That is the kind of guy we need for the players. Robbie is a hard working man and he's hearts through and through.  He knows the scottish leagues, and Stendel has a good rapoport with the fans but if anyone else is getting the results he is then the gorgie loyal would be chasing him, and lets be honest, he wouldnt have saved us from relegation, a win against hibs and rangers in 17 games and cant deal with the bottom 6. Neilson is tried and tested, well respected by alot of people in the game. 

Stendel in the championship with part time players trying to kick us off the pitch and he doesnt know any of the teams etc its just too much of a gamble, especially when he gets to the transfer window and does another major overhaul.

If the court does go in our favour and the league is required to be finished,  our manager is now Robbie Neilson, and i have no doubt he would do better than Stendel for the remaining games.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yep. It was utterly mental. We were flying until he left and then we have struggled ever since. Style... sheesh... gies peace, man.

Did you not back levein to stay on after the cup final? 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Welcome back Robbie. I am happy he is home as I think the way he left wasn't great and has unfinished business. 

Regardless as to how people felt before he left he had us playing in the right half of the division and clearly suits Scottish football. 

Lets be honest, if he hadn't been here already and you were told that we were getting a manager who has managed 176 Scottish games and has won 59% (102) of then combined with only having lost 21% then people would be pretty happy. 

The guy gets hearts and I genuinely feel that a lot of of his "eye bleeding" football may have been down to other influences within the club. 

He will 100% get my backing as what he is bringing can't be any worse than what we have had to endure over th last couple of seasons and I hope the rest of the support do the same. 

Delighted with this. 

Hopefully the 'Phoodle out' brigade are furious, which makes it doubly pleasing. 

:jjyay:

He likes a familiar face does Robbie. Wonder if we'll see any Dundee United boys coming in. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Delighted with this. 

Hopefully the 'Phoodle out' brigade are furious, which makes it doubly pleasing. 

Phoodle out stuff was truly pathetic. But it seems weird to be going back to Neilson when it all ended in quite a weird way. It’s a bit like throwing the manager’s job to Levein and constantly going back to old players to join again. It’s like we can’t look outside a small circle and when we do (as with Stendel) we give him about two months 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I think it’s more likely Robbie left one on her desk saying “Call me when he’s gone”. 

Hahaha yeah that’s more likely 👍🏽👏🏾

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Brilliant

so two games out of his 106 and that’s what we label him as, but let’s ignore the 62 games he won

this place is utterly mad 😂

The day Robbie returned to Hearts as part of the coaching staff our football improved.

Robbie is a well-liked charismatic individual who knows what he is doing.

An epic appointment.

Anyway, we all know how unsuitable the JKB format is when it comes to perusing, choosing, suggesting a new managerial name.

This is dreadful timing and a poor appointment. I'm absolutely furious at a time that we are pleading potential poverty we have appointed the manager of a rival club.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Phoodle out stuff was truly pathetic. But it seems weird to be going back to Neilson when it all ended in quite a weird way. It’s a bit like throwing the manager’s job to Levein and constantly going back to old players to join again. It’s like we can’t look outside a small circle and when we do (as with Stendel) we give him about two months 

:spoton:

Well, I liked him last time, and I’m happy to have him back. You have to say that it’s an appointment made with one eye on a Championship campaign though (given he has now won the title with two clubs).

Disappointed about Stendel, but if what we wanted was a safe and experienced pair of hands who knows the league, it’s a good appointment. Onwards and upwards.

7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Did you not back levein to stay on after the cup final? 

I was pretty ambivalent about it. What was your username at the time, Spacey?

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Delighted with this. 

Simple pleasures eh. You probably care more about that than getting a decent manager in place. 

I wanted him gone. I didn't resort to calling him phoodle or backing a plane to fly a plane over the stadium though. 

I'm going to back him (once i've got over the shock)  and i hope everyone else does.

But i still claim the rights to say " I told you so" ha. 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Have you considered the possibility that Stendel told us he was off? 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Simple pleasures eh. You probably care more about that than getting a decent manager in place. 

I wanted him gone. I didn't resort to calling him phoodle or backing a plane to fly a plane over the stadium though. 

I'm going to back him (once i've got over the shock)  and i hope everyone else does.

But i still claim the rights to say " I told you so" ha. 

Well said Spacey!

JamboAndrew

have moved from WTF just happened, to, this actually seems pretty good.

I liked DS. I really, really wanted DS to work and get it up everyone else in Scotland. But it did end up feeling like right man in the wrong job.

RN is tabloid friendly (depressingly an important thing in Scotland), knows his stuff, has won two championships already with two different teams, and previously had us top 3 or 4 comfortably.

I hope those knobs who booked the plane think long and hard about what has happened since their wee stunt.

Must have been one awkward call for Ann to make to United

'See that court case?'

'Aye, ya radge'

'Well, I'm not calling about that...'

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It kinda comes across like Budge has run out of ideas on the football front.

It looks like a bit of a backward step however we took a massive step backward under Levein and we are having to re-build again from the Championship. Robbie did it once so he will get my 100% support this time round.

Every manager since Robbie has seen us take a massive step backwards. 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I was pretty ambivalent about it. What was your username at the time, Spacey?

Phoodle out. 

“Once I’ve got over the shock... “

**** me, someone fetch the smelling salts, she’s had another one of her turns. :lol: