Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I bought into Stendel’s high press philosophy. I still believe at Tynecastle especially, it would suit us perfectly.

With hindsight, appointing Stendel when we did with where we were in the league proved to be an unmitigated disaster.

Giving someone the job until the Summer, with the sole remit of avoiding relegation, should have been the call.

We tried to change far too much and didn’t have the luxury of sitting mid table. A lesson learned for all maybe.

Anyway, I just want to win ****in football matches and I care not a jot how we do it.

Robbie Neilson knows how to win football matches.

Edited by Whatever

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

26 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I bought into Stendel’s high press philosophy. I still believe at Tynecastle especially, it would suit us perfectly.

With hindsight, appointing Stendel when we did with where we were in the league proved to be an unmitigated disaster.

Giving someone the job until the Summer, with the sole remit of avoiding relegation, should have been the call.

We tried to change far too much and didn’t have the luxury of sitting mid table. A lesson learned for all maybe.

Anyway, I just want to win ****in football matches and I care not a jot how we do it.

Robbie Neilson knows how to win football matches.

Yes, I’d agree with that. That’s absolutely fair enough. If he came in with a whole normal times summer transfer window ahead of him, or even when he did if we were comfortably mid-table, then he may have turned the whole team around. Levein and MacPhee left us in a position that Stendel couldn’t turn around. It very quickly became apparent that his style was meat and drink to seasoned Premiership managers, with the players he had at his disposal though. Maybe with different players it would have worked. That’s the point though; Neilson has looked at the good players we have, and is setting things up to play to their strengths.

I also just want to win games. Don’t give a **** about this nonsense about winning in “style”. It’s idiotspraff. 

Edited by Beast Boy

7 hours ago, OTT said:

Honestly, I'm really encouraged by Robbies return so far. Levein was like a cloud around the club and I can't help but think he applied some sort of shackles to the way Robbie wanted to play. Perhaps not directly, but Leveins football is largely negative and built around trying to nullify opponents rather than hammer them into the ****ing ground. Having wingers that can actually look to take on their man and get the ball into the box is fantastic to see.

I'm extremely confident Robbie can get us back into the top 3 consistently. Having had his taste of the English football managerial merry-go-round, I don't think he'll be in any sort of rush to leave. 

Levein was around when we were destroying Cowdenbeath 10-0 and Motherwell 6-0.

Jean Louis Valois

Robbie knows what he's talking about, he is a very good manager.I for one am delighted we finally have someone incharge who talks sense and doesn't make us cringe in interviews like Levein, Cathro and Stendel did. 

Heart of Darkness
2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Yes, I’d agree with that. That’s absolutely fair enough. If he came in with a whole normal times summer transfer window ahead of him, or even when he did if we were comfortably mid-table, then he may have turned the whole team around. Levein and MacPhee left us in a position that Stendel couldn’t turn around. It very quickly became apparent that his style was meat and drink to seasoned Premiership managers, with the players he had at his disposal though. Maybe with different players it would have worked. That’s the point though; Neilson has looked at the good players we have, and is setting things up to play to their strengths.

I also just want to win games. Don’t give a **** about this nonsense about winning in “style”. It’s idiotspraff. 

Win! Win big! Get promoted! Get a settled team then worry about playing with style and looking good!! 🙃

I hope this time round he takes any game v hibs as a win at all costs and not just another game.

his record vs hibs is utter shite and if we end up losing at hampden on Halloween some supporters will not get over that.

i hope with having pace in the wide areas he has hearts playing in a style that entertains as his football made my eyes bleed wether that was levein influence we will soon find out 

1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

I hope this time round he takes any game v hibs as a win at all costs and not just another game.

his record vs hibs is utter shite and if we end up losing at hampden on Halloween some supporters will not get over that.

i hope with having pace in the wide areas he has hearts playing in a style that entertains as his football made my eyes bleed wether that was levein influence we will soon find out 

I can quite honestly say that the club will be well rid of morons that have that type of mindset. 

Your posts are more eye bleeding than anything ever served up on any football pitch.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

I can quite honestly say that the club will be well rid of morons that have that type of mindset. 

Your posts are more eye bleeding than anything ever served up on any football pitch.

oh no going to cry now you've really hurt my feelings pmsl

just making a comment as we all know there are fans out there like that 

his record vs hibs is poor and his money making comment last time did him no favours.

I hope this time he has hearts winning and playing well 

4 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

oh no going to cry now you've really hurt my feelings pmsl

just making a comment as we all know there are fans out there like that 

his record vs hibs is poor and his money making comment last time did him no favours.

I hope this time he has hearts winning and playing well 

No you dont, you want Robbie to fail.

No other reason for the negative Shit.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

No you dont, you want Robbie to fail.

No other reason for the negative Shit.

it's a factual comment that last time round he only managed 1 win vs hibs 

his football wasn't the greatest to watch as I put on earlier post will soon see if that was down to levein or not 

I wanted stendel to stay and I'm entitled to that opinion 

after supporting hearts near 35 years I don't want anyone to fail who represents the club.

all I ever what out of a hearts manager is to beat hibs whenever we play them and to not shit it when we play old firm in Glasgow and play a decent brand of football

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I wasn't happy with his appointment but **** me this has been worse than even I could have imagined. 

Poor bump,this thread was the beginning of my current nightmare.

Silvery_Moon
2 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Poor bump,this thread was the beginning of my current nightmare.

Apologies mate. Think a lot of us are having the same nightmare. 

On 21/06/2020 at 19:43, David McCaig said:

Welcome back Robbie, absolutely fantastic appointment  by Hearts.

sure it was 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

sure it was 

Fair enough, I thought it was a great appointment at the time and hoped he would pick up where he left off.  The sad truth is that tonight’s disgrace isn’t even a complete outlier in terms of performance. 

When a Robbie fan like myself says enough is enough and he has to go, that should be a flashing red warning light to Ann Budge.

9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Fair enough, I thought it was a great appointment at the time and hoped he would pick up where he left off.  The sad truth is that tonight’s disgrace isn’t even a complete outlier in terms of performance. 

When a Robbie fan like myself says enough is enough and he has to go, that should be a flashing red warning light to Ann Budge.

Let’s hope Budge does the right thing and gets rid of him

Tommy Brown
23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Well said mate, 

I'm sure I posted on the thread, not sure.

But had big reservations and have been surprised of how bad the football has been.

A lot worse to watch than I thought  possible.

You got the league in the bag, but sorry, its not good enough.

McGlynn The Money
45 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I wasn't happy with his appointment but **** me this has been worse than even I could have imagined. 

True. He needs to get himself so far to **** and then even farther to **** than before.

On 21/06/2020 at 19:33, Brauhauser2012 said:

I'm imaging a lack of strategy and eye bleeding football.  

Jeez a prophetic post if there ever was one! 🙈