• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Ozturk's goal was a screamer though :laugh2:

Wasn’t as good as Nicholson’s in the previous game though :D

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Interesting indeed!

The theory was that Robbie left because of the fans.

Others said it was because of Levein’s interference.

Well the fans are still here and Levein has gone!

The reality was he saw an opportunity of progressing his managerial career in England. It really was as simple as that. 

5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

A depressing appointment. Really disappointed.

And with that, I’m done with this thread.

👋

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can't get my head around this. Stendel was generally appalling results-wise and folk are giving him incredible leeway. Yet Neilson is apparently already one poor derby result (which Stendel also had) away from the boot. OK, Stendel inherited Levein's squad, etc, etc but so will Neilson...

I despair of some Hearts fans sometimes.

Where did I say he'd be one derby result away from the boot? Don't you agree that if he has a bad result against hibs then a vocal element of our will be on his back straight away?

I'll take winning football games again above style just now. Neilson was treated poorly as a young manager by fans first time round. As always I will give 100% backing to any manager I just hope others dont use this as an excuse just to moan again and spout anti budge stuff for the sake of it. 

Hopefully gordon joins as well if the 2 year deal chat has anything to it!

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Wasn’t as good as Nicholson’s in the previous game though :D

let's start a vote Nicholson's or big Alim's

I wonder, what has happened it the background to facilitate this appointment?  Have the SPFL Capitulated or have Hearts, both in terms of the court case. If the SPFL have, in terms of the strength of our case or, an offer of settlement from the SPFL. Personally I don't really know however, something serious has occurred to give us the confidence to make such a change

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, stan said:

Definitrly. Unfortunately DS took an uncomfortably long time to realise this. The occasional wins were fantastic but way too infrequent.

Even if we win our case, I expect us to be in the Championship, so Robbie is well capable of a drama free season, and then building from there.

DS was also very guilty of underestimating the opposition in the SPL. It showed and was ultimately his downfall. 

John mcCartney

This is another geezer who is splitting us lot down the middle and judging by the comments,utterly polarising .

Ann likes the divide and conquer scenario
All the work she has put into re the fiasco might come undone with this appointment altho I fecking hope not.I sincerely hope Neilsen has learned from his experiences in the past 6 years.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Taffin said:

Where did I say he'd be one derby result away from the boot? Don't you agree that if he has a bad result against hibs then a vocal element of our will be on his back straight away?

Yes. That's what I can't get my head around.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

i don't think it matters who the manager is if we lose against the hobbits they would always get grief.

Deans Jambo

Im ok with this appointment.

Championship winner twice over. 😂

Obviously still issues with Stendel, family wanting to stay in Germany and he wouldn't be here to start training any time soon. Not even sure if he really fancied it either. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Finished 3rd in a premier league that didn’t contain Hibs or Rangers. He left because he felt MK Dons was a bigger club than Hearts and a route into the big clubs down south, he failed and came back up the road where he failed to get United out the Vida league first season. His record in cups is a joke. His derby record is a joke. I hope you are right about him, I hope he is a success. I genuinely do. 

I hate that first line. 

That was only possible because we kept them down the season before. 

3rd is 3rd.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Finished 3rd in a premier league that didn’t contain Hibs or Rangers. He left because he felt MK Dons was a bigger club than Hearts and a route into the big clubs down south, he failed and came back up the road where he failed to get United out the Vida league first season. His record in cups is a joke. His derby record is a joke. I hope you are right about him, I hope he is a success. I genuinely do. 

You ken who was excellent in cups and derbies. Craig Levein!

**** me. Some folk genuinely think there is a manager out there who will play great attacking, flair football, win cups, win derbies and have us finishing 3rd minimum. And all within our budget. And who won't leave after one season because clearly if he did all that he'd attract massive interest.

We really are our own worst enemies sometimes.

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

i don't think it matters who the manager is if we lose against the hobbits they would always get grief.

yep

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes. That's what I can't get my head around.

It's the way football fans work, rightly or wrongly. You can beat dross until the cows come home but lose to your rivals in big games and fans will get on your back quite quickly. That's why I think we should have avoided this appointment, not because I think he'll do poorly, but because if he does drop a bollock against Hibs, disharmony will be right back amongst the fans sharpish.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I hate that first line. 

That was only possible because we kept them down the season before. 

3rd is 3rd.

No arguments. You can’t however under estimate how much we took our foot off the gas that season and should’ve challenged to finish 2nd. We had 3rd sewn up by end of November first season back. It’s been a crazy day. Tomorrow I’ll be on the Neilson train, just never saw this coming!

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

It’ll probably be over a year till we play them again anyway. The semi will get cancelled and we’ll be in the championship. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6495/CLUB-STATEMENT-ROBBIE-NEILSON-.htm

Published: 21st June 2020

Dundee United Football Club tonight announce that Head Coach Robbie Neilson will leave the club to join Heart of Midlothian FC.

Earlier today, the Club rejected an approach by Hearts to speak to Robbie; however, at his insistence, the approach was subsequently accepted with compensation agreed between the Club and Hearts. Robbie has agreed terms with Hearts and will leave the club with immediate effect.

Dundee United Sporting Director Tony Asghar said: “I can confirm that I was called today by Ann Budge seeking permission to speak with Robbie Neilson to become Hearts' new Head Coach. 

“This was turned down, however, after lengthy discussions with Robbie he made it clear he wished to speak with them. As a result of this, the contractual termination clause has been met and Robbie will leave the Club. 

“As Head Coach, he led the team to a play-off final before achieving promotion with a Championship title this season and I would like to thank him for his contribution. 

“Gordon Forest and Lee McCulloch will continue leading our pre-season preparations ahead of the Scottish Premiership restart and we will look to appoint a new Head Coach as soon as possible.”

Dundee United Chairman Mark J. Ogren said: “Although we are understandably disappointed, Dundee United Football Club are bigger than one person and we will continue to work towards our long-term plan with our staff and players and, of course, our loyal supporters. 

“Robbie played a huge role in our journey so far, however, we now look towards the future, with a new leader and renewed hope for our fans.”

Release clause was met.  How much was it, anyone know.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

**** me. Some folk genuinely think there is a manager out there who will play great attacking, flair football, win cups, win derbies and have us finishing 3rd minimum. And all within our budget. And who won't leave after one season because clearly if he did all that he'd attract massive interest.

Here’s hoping he’s a success. 

29 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Wish I could be this positive.  I’m going to struggle to support a manager that calls throwing a 2-0 lead away against hibs a money spinner and then ****s of to MK Dons. 

Gutted. 

Is your surname Barrhead?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Here’s hoping he’s a success. 

****, if he does worse than we have been for the past year we're gubbed. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Enjoy yer booing.

I won’t be booing, but it’s an uninspiring selection. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

****, if he does worse than we have been for the past year we're gubbed. 

😂😂

Personally, i think Stendel would have gotten a lot of success given time.  His style was adapting to Scottish football and as we'd seen again Rangers & Hibs,  he had the beating of teams that wanted to play against us.  His downfall was not knowing how to play against teams lower in the table that sit in and lob balls forward. 

Going forward, Robbie is a safe, cheap option that will in the long term keep us mid table with the odd cup run but ultimately wont have much success. Stendel had the chance (given time) to do something none of us have seen at Tynecastle for a very long time. Absolutely gutted. 

Edited by Djnoisy

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm meh about this as it is actually hard to think of Scottish football restarting in any case. Plus the court case has been too engrossing.

I'm disappointed that Stendel isn't continuing as I was enjoying his attempts to try and reframe the team's style. The inconsistency was still there but the way we took the vermin apart and destroyed Sevco twice were delightful. I will miss him but this disruption changes everything in any case.

I was content to see Neilson leave when he did. Our squad was horrendously imbalanced (one left-footed player) and he inflicted Conor Sammon on us. That said, his successor was horrendous and Levein's answer was to sign player after player with no consistency at all. So I'm in a muted "we will see" mood about it, given that the focus is still on the Court of Session. To be fair, at least Budge has made the change at the right time, if a change was needed.

Weakened Offender
17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The reason the league didn't contain H1b5 and The Rangers when we finished third was because we had romped the Championship that they were both in under Robbie and left them in it. 

His joke record in cups included a 3-2 win at Killie when we were 2-1 down with 5 minutes to go and a 1-0 win against Aberdeen when they were challenging for the title. 

But you keep on posting utter rubbish. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

King Of The Cat Cafe
25 minutes ago, Old Pivotonian said:

Would it not also be acceptable to say 'The Club is delighted to announce that it has....'. I'm pretty sure that is what the original objector had in mind. 

Yes, that works, too.  Simple and classical.

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’ll probably be over a year till we play them again anyway. The semi will get cancelled and we’ll be in the championship. 

Championship runaway leaders Hearts thump premier league relegation candidates Hibs 4-0  on 2nd Feb 2021 to send the vermin closer to administration. ;) Robbie Neilson gets his revenge.

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

The reason the league didn't contain H1b5 and The Rangers when we finished third was because we had romped the league under Robbie and left them in it. 

His joke record in cups included a 3-2 win at Killie when we were 2-1 down with 5 minutes to go and a 1-0 win against Aberdeen when they were challenging for the title. 

It also contains us leading against championship side Hibs when he decided to hold onto what we had instead of putting them to the sword.........they went on to win their first Scottish cup since 1902. “Money spinning replay” he said, then lost against said championship side. You can keep trying to shine a turd if it makes you feel better. In 6 months you’ll be filling threads wanting him gone. 

Marty Byrde
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson does get results, his record shows that. However it's not a crime to say the football he plays is shite to watch.

That appears to have been the case at MK Dons and reading online now that has recently been the case at Dundee United.

Dull perfunctory football appears to be our lot in Scottish Football. Why fight it?

3 hours ago, brux said:

No announcement re Stendel? Strange to appoint a new manager without saying anything about the one in position.

He isn;t in position though is he.

PhoenixHearts
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

**** me. I'm out.

It really is pathetic isn't it?

Statistically he's the most successful Hearts manager in likenthe past 20 years or so, yet one shit game against Hibs and he's about to "split the support".

Like grow up man. Same folks who spit the dummy whenever Pressley's name is mentioned. These are grown adults btw.

They need to get over it.

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

It really is pathetic isn't it?

Statistically he's the most successful Hearts manager in likenthe past 20 years or so, yet one shit game against Hibs and he's about to "split the support".

Like grow up man. Same folks who spit the dummy whenever Pressley's name is mentioned. These are grown adults btw.

They need to get over it.

The reaction Robbie got to that will ensure it never happens again IMO.

18 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

This is another geezer who is splitting us lot down the middle and judging by the comments,utterly polarising .

Ann likes the divide and conquer scenario
All the work she has put into re the fiasco might come undone with this appointment altho I fecking hope not.I sincerely hope Neilsen has learned from his experiences in the past 6 years.

Complete and utter nonsense!

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone 

and that was Robbie:av-1001:

This is how I feel. I always liked Robbie as our manager and he gave us some brilliant times. Yes , there was THAT game and it was hugely important, but for God's sake the shit he took for that was embarrassing. I just hope he can get us back to where we should be.  I'm glad he's back. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The reason the league didn't contain H1b5 and The Rangers when we finished third was because we had romped the Championship that they were both in under Robbie and left them in it. 

I think we drew Celtic in quite early rounds of the cup about 3 times under Neilson. Definitely twice at least.

Edited by ToqueJambo

King Of The Cat Cafe

I have said it before, but I'll say it again: I like Robbie.  

Should Stendel have had longer? Maybe. I would not have been concerned if he had.

What I can't get my head around is Robbie leaving what - at the moment - is a guaranteed Premiership team for what - at the moment - is a championship team.

Unless he knows something that we don't - and unless there was something going on at DU that he knows and we don't.

25 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He left because of Levein.

Marty Byrde
Just now, wavydavy said:

He left because of Levein.

What happened then? Surely someone can say what with Levein gone and Robbie being back?

C'mon!

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Neilson does get results, his record shows that. However it's not a crime to say the football he plays is shite to watch.

That appears to have been the case at MK Dons and reading online now that has recently been the case at Dundee United.

Dull perfunctory football appears to be our lot in Scottish Football. Why fight it?

Dull defensive football that yielded loads of goals. How does that work exactly?

Give me dull but mostly winning football over the last 3 seasons and indeed most seasons under Romanov apart from 05/06.

No idea what football some Hearts fans think they’ve seen us play before, or are all the Neilson knockers about 20 years old and they’ve literally nothing to compare it to?

27 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The reality was he saw an opportunity of progressing his managerial career in England. It really was as simple as that. 

Maybe - the one reason we can rule out is that the fans chased him away.