Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, bazman said:

Hopefully we play the football robbie had us playing in the championship

Robbie had us playing fine football. 

He had us 3rd, then 2nd likely on a fraction of our budget right now as well. 

That was after pissing over hibs and rangers in the championship as well. 

I'll take that now. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce that we have this evening agreed terms with all relevant parties for the return of Robbie Neilson as manager.

The 40-year-old rejoins the Jambos on a 3-year-deal after compensation was agreed with Dundee United.

A trophy winner in spells as both a player and head coach at Hearts, the former Scotland cap needs no introduction to anyone of a maroon persuasion.

Robbie spent nine-years playing in Gorgie, where he won the Scottish Cup, helped the Jam Tarts to second-place in the league and the Champions League qualifying berth that went with it, and scored a memorable UEFA Cup winner in Basle.

He took over the club’s managerial reins in 2014 and immediately took the boys in maroon back to the top flight with a record-breaking Championship-winning campaign.

A third-place Premiership finish followed the season after, and a return to European football, before Robbie moved down south to join MK Dons in 2018, returning to Scotland with Dundee United later that same year.

He led United to the Championship title last season before deciding to come back home to Tynecastle.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, Robbie said: “You don’t turn down the chance to come to a club like Hearts and I’m absolutely delighted to be coming back.

“I had some great experiences here, both as a player and manager, and I’m keen to pick up where I left off.

“Everyone knows there is a really good squad at Hearts and I’m excited to begin working with the players and staff. 

“Finally, I’d like to say thank you to Dundee United for the opportunity they gave me two years ago. I hope the United fans feel that together we managed to restore the club back to where it belongs.”

::troll::

9 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

Did a great job the first time.

Welcome back Robbie!

My thoughts exactly. He will get my support. 2nd top when he left, downward trend since.

Strange one all around. 

Wouldn't say as a majority Hearts fans would be clamouring for him back nor do I think United fans will see his departure as a travesty. Think its an odd move for him too given we are the bigger club undoubtedly but realistically will be in a division below the top. 

Not against it either mind you. Clearly Hearts through and through. Welcome back Robbie 🇱🇻

Gutted to see Stendel go. I really thought we would kick on under him after the summer.

Not upset to have Robbie back, a more experienced, probably wiser manager than he would’ve been when he left. 

Lets hope he’s hungry for a third championship winners medal

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
4 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

Let's get this right. We wanted Daniel Stendel because of his attacking style of play, had an opportunity to really build something good this summer and come back stronger. Instead we appoint a guy we wanted rid of for the eye bleeding football and Hibs capitulation. A guy Dundee United fans were losing patience with? I hope to god he brings Shankland with him. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Just guessing here but suggests that we expect compensation, rather than reconstruction, so we've gone for a manager with experience of getting promotion.

Dr. Bapswent

Bad decision for me. Not because I don’t like him. but I don’t think you should ever go back. 

Is there really no other managers out there as good if not better? 

An unnecessary lack of vision and ambition for me. Just repeating the same

old same old. 

So unexpected. Has he been brought in to get us out of the championship if the court case goes wrong?

Got us up easily and United at the top last year.

I thought it might have been wee Robbo.

Less budget and players at Inverness but he did well. 

kingantti1874

Great news. A manger who knows how to skoosh the championship if we are in it.. a manager who had us finish 4th in his first season back, a manager who had us 2 nd when he left.. 100% trolling Dundee Utd as well.

the right man at the right time.. delighted 

feel bad for Daniel, could have been great.. he was the right man at the wrong time 

Tennant's  6's

This has come ot of nowhere. 

It doesn't say who his coaching team are, is Andy Kirk still going to be a first team coach ?

Hopefully he adopts his initial style of play, and not the latter cagey, cautious approach. We really need to show no mercy to some of these clubs that have tried to kill us off. 

A role for Gary Locke to gee the players up and help improve Robbie's derby record?

Either way, welcome back Robbie. HHGH FTH

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, kwizbet09 said:

What happens then if we win the court case and are put back in the Premier league surely Daniel Stendel would still have a contract. 

If was said, some time ago, I think by Stendel’s agent, that us being “relegated” by the rigged vote, meant the break clause in his contract was triggered. It doesn’t matter, as far as his contract goes, if we get reinstated. 

To say I’m shocked is an understatement. I’m flabbergasted!
However, why not. Best of luck Robbie and welcome home.  

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

:rofl:

Yeah. Course it will. 

Dont see why not.Think Robbie signed him for utd.Brought the lad on IMO.God knows we could do with a goal scorer.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, whodanny said:

Just a thought. Stendel as DoF ?

He looks too hands on for that. 

Likley he has other plans, maybe in Germany. 

Feel sorry for the gk coach as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Great news. A manger who knows how to skoosh the championship if we are in it.. a manager who had us finish 4th in his first season back, a manager who had us 2 nd when he left.. 100% trolling Dundee Utd as well.

the right man at the right time.. delighted 

feel bad for Daniel, could have been great.. he was the right man at the wrong time 

3rd first season back. 👍

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

Let's get this right. We wanted Daniel Stendel because of his attacking style of play, had an opportunity to really build something good this summer and come back stronger. Instead we appoint a guy we wanted rid of for the eye bleeding football and Hibs capitulation. A guy Dundee United fans were losing patience with? I hope to god he brings Shankland with him. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Don’t place all fans in the same boat

a small number of idiots wanted him out when we were sitting second in the league, I’m assuming you were one of then

majority of fans wanted him to stay, liked what he was doing.

Well, well, well. Someone who split the fans nearly as much as CL. I can’t say I am very happy. Very strange, very strange indeed.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Arabs now pretending the didn't like him, amuses me no end .

They’ll be delighted with Tommy Wright then 😂

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Obviously I'm really disappointed to be losing Daniel and his team. The last 6 months have effectively been pointless. 

Robbie was playing nice attacking football in the Championship and there was a belief that Levein was partly responsible for the sudden change to negativity. How true that is, I guess we'll find out. ]

One thing I really liked about Neilson in his first spell was the emphasis on fitness with the double sessions. Seeing us turning up and not being the fittest team these past few seasons has been insulting tbh. Its unprofessional and the least we should be able to expect. 

He's got his work cut out but happy enough with the appointment. 

First signing Gordon?

They very nearly were pointless.  Certainly far too few points. 

Weakened Offender
9 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

I'm glad he's back just for this rubbish alone. 😁

Just now, Barack said:

You don't? You don't see a small financial issue?

Fair enough.

You dont think we have any money?Pretty sure we could afford him.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

I'm glad he's back just for this rubbish alone. 😁

It's great isn't it on so many fronts. 

😂😂😂😂😂👌

5 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Never boring being a Jambo is it!

Welcome back Robbie but jesus this is a random piece of news. 

Has Stendel officially left then?! Must have missed that! 

Only boring thing about us is generally match day.

Selkirk_Jambo

Welcome back Robbie! 

Very happy with this indeed. I'm guessing we already have a Sporting Director identified and it'll be someone known to Robbie and the fans 

Have we still got staff furloughed? Yet got money for compensation and an on going possible court case......Mm 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He looks too hands on for that. 

Likley he has other plans, maybe in Germany. 

Feel sorry for the gk coach as well. 

Aye, right enough we don't want another CL sending notes to Robbie type situation 😄

Heres Rixxy
5 minutes ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

Bad decision for me. Not because I don’t like him. but I don’t think you should ever go back. 

Is there really no other managers out there as good if not better? 

An unnecessary lack of vision and ambition for me. Just repeating the same

old same old. 

This. Not happy at all. All feels like we've jumped the gun and made a rash decision. 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Gobsmacked to be honest. Absolutely gobsmacked.

dont know what to think. Getting behind him obviously but what a waste of time for all the Stendell gig was. Dundee Utd seething Id imagine

welcome back Robbie

This 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

You don't? You don't see a small financial issue?

Fair enough.

We could well buy him from the Administrator next month.