• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

andyscott82

Delighted at this! Our recent downfall started when he left us. Our most successful manager in recent years by far. Is it too early to resurrect the Style Guru thread? 

Plus the bonus of noising up the absolute dafties in our support is delicious!

Just now, whodanny said:

My answer is in the previous post. Have you got a whole list of biting witty comments you are working through ?

Except it isn't though, is it? You said you don't care about my opinion so I asked why you bothered to engage on it in that case? Especially in such a confrontational manner.

I've not even said it's a bad appointment 😂 I liked him as a player, I liked him as a manager. I also liked Stendel and wanted him to stay on. That may not have been possible of course. If it wasn't, I'd have preferred we didn't re-employ a previous manager as I don't think it tends to be a good move. I also think it will have created division within the support when this whole debacle has made us much more united than we've been for quite a while and therefore may have been best avoided.

You then kicked off about planes and that folk who don't think it's the right appointment should stay away and that you don't give a **** about my opinion despite me clearly saying I liked him as manager first time around.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I remember watching "dusk till dawn" the Tarrantino classic. I went for a waz when they were all in a gas station. When i came back there was vampires and frigging werewolves everywhere. This night feels the same. I checked in this afternoon, all much the usual, speculation and amateur legal stuff. Then, i go for a piss and Robbie is our new, boss. I mean, what the actual F? 

Love that analogy mate. I feel like I've been walking around in an episode of the Twilight Zone for the last three months, but this announcement has taken it to a whole new level of surreal. Not that I'm against it, I must add.

Borders Jambo
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

What a plank. 

Agreed although that is probably detrimental to planks

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's true of most managerial appointments though to be fair 

Sadly true.

30 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

I don't want my eyes to bleed again every week.......please.

You must be down to your last pint of blood after enduring Cathro and Levein...

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I remember watching "dusk till dawn" the Tarrantino classic. I went for a waz when they were all in a gas station. When i came back there was vampires and frigging werewolves everywhere. This night feels the same. I checked in this afternoon, all much the usual, speculation and amateur legal stuff. Then, i go for a piss and Robbie is our new, boss. I mean, what the actual F? 

Exactly! Looked in a wee while ago, all normal. Sat down with the family to eat, and , suddenly this had happened! Not sure what to think to be honest.  Happy with it...I think...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Maybe Stendel isn’t leaving...Head of Academy/Youth Development?

:lol:

Portable Badger

Welcome back Robbie!!!!

All those comments on the other thread extolling the virtues that our current predicament has brought all of us together and defiant - we’re back to JKB normality I’m pleased to report !!

🤣

Jamstomorrow

Welcome back Robbie.   

As they say at times like this:  The King is dead.  Long live the King.

Ann has been castigated in the past for moving too slow in appointing/deposing staff.   Well she cannot be criticized this time!   This came at breakneck speed!

No doubt our resident misogynist will not approve however.  

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, brux said:

No announcement re Stendel? Strange to appoint a new manager without saying anything about the one in position.

But he’s not in position🤯🤯🤯 His release clause was activated when we were relegated. Hearts could have negotiated a new contract but seems like they have just opted to go with the tried and tested in Robbie.

Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, Musemic said:

By 'large swathes of support' I presume you meant a few bammers who hired a plane. He did a terrific job first time round so here's hoping he has the same effect this time

Unreal eh? 

The support for Robbie drowned out the noise of the aeroplane that the large swathes couldn't even afford to hire. 😁

Very pleased.  I just hope he fully utilises Gary Locke in the build-up to derbies and that he has a major say in the choice of DoF and the roles and responsibilities of that position.

Sincere thanks to Daniel Stendel.  Not responsible in any way for what's gone wrong and presided over two terrific wins.

best in the land

Would rather have kept Stendal tbh. 

Was up and down but difficult to judge with the situation he took over. 

Not too keen on neilson tbh

Fort Vallance

I'll give him my full support for as long as he earns it. But wouldn't have been my choice by a long way.

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Welcome back Robbie.   

As they say at times like this:  The King is dead.  Long live the King.

Ann has been castigated in the past for moving too slow in appointing/deposing staff.   Well she cannot be criticized this time!   This came at breakneck speed!

No doubt our resident misogynist will not approve however.  

He’ll be seething 😃

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

But he’s not in position🤯🤯🤯 His release clause was activated when we were relegated. Hearts could have negotiated a new contract but seems like they have just opted to go with the tried and tested in Robbie.

If that is the case why didn't they release a 'thank you' statement, seems strange to me

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Except it isn't though, is it? You said you don't care about my opinion so I asked why you bothered to engage on it in that case? Especially in such a confrontational manner.

I've not even said it's a bad appointment 😂 I liked him as a player, I liked him as a manager. I also liked Stendel and wanted him to stay on. That may not have been possible of course. If it wasn't, I'd have preferred we didn't re-employ a previous manager as I don't think it tends to be a good move. I also think it will have created division within the support when this whole debacle has made us much more united than we've been for quite a while and therefore may have been best avoided.

You then kicked off about planes and that folk who don't think it's the right appointment should stay away and that you don't give a **** about my opinion despite me clearly saying I liked him as manager first time around.

I meant that I hoped the aeroplane guys stayed away if they don't like the appointment. You then said that you wouldn't stay away just 'cos someone on JKB told you to. That suggested to me that either you supported the plane guys actions, or you are one of them. If I picked that up wrongly then I apologise, I still would not lament these people not coming to Tynie if all they want to do is set up a negative atmosphere.

Edited by whodanny

I just don’t know what to make of this at all. 

If we are indeed in the Championship it is a very safe appointment.

Maybe after the disastrous last four seasons “safe” is what we need.  

I like most wanted Stendel to have more time. I am also willing to admit I wanted Neilson to leave the last time as was becoming very disillusioned at where the team was heading back then. Of course I didn’t expect it to implode the way it has after he left. 

...I just don’t know what to think.

must have had a buy out clause in his contract as no way Utd would have let us speak to him otherwise. 

manaliveits105

Now here’s a scenario

Robbie manages us in Championship

and Sir Craig manages the Arabs in Premier 

Robinson Wright and Levein early mentions

Fort Vallance

My main worry is that just at a time when the support seemed to be United and pulling in the same direction. We've made a huge decision that with the best will in the world will divide the fans right down the middle.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, brux said:

If that is the case why didn't they release a 'thank you' statement, seems strange to me

Anyone else think there's a wee bit of Anne doing over Hubz utd. After all, theve done us no favours

21 minutes ago, whodanny said:

What large swathes ?  A few feckwits with too much money hiring a plane ?  Hope they stay away.

There were plenty on here greeting about not going back because they were bored of the way we played, even though we were winning most weeks. It was pretty absurd. It was straight out of the Hibs FFF playbook in all honesty.

Welcome back Robbie. Never should have left when he did imo. The ‘no style, no bottle’ banner was and still is ludicrous.  Interested to see how he does this time around. If we play in the championship, he’s already won that league twice with two different teams, the first time - by about 75 pts! If we are correctly reinstated to the top flight, he knows the league well and he has a bit more managerial experience under his belt now. He’ll need a squad overhaul of epic proportions though - as would anyone who took the reins.

Now, back to the courtroom thread 😁

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did Levein leave a note on Budges desk “get Robbie back” before he left 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😃?!?!

I think it’s more likely Robbie left one on her desk saying “Call me when he’s gone”. 

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

My main worry is that just at a time when the support seemed to be United and pulling in the same direction. We've made a huge decision that with the best will in the world will divide the fans right down the middle.

not if he wins us games he won’t.

Disappointing that it didn't work out for Stendel. Robbie should at least be a safe pair of hands, and he's got another couple years experience and clubs under his belt.

Good luck Robbie.

:welcome:

TyphoonJambo

I'll tell you something, its never boring being a Jambo. 

J.T.F.Robertson
18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What a plank. 

Two - short ones. ;)

Borders Jambo
44 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Can’t wait to watch the negative football

Don't remember D Utd being boring.

I'll settle for winning games, players being fit and knowing their positions and someone who knows the Club and the level of demand and expectation.

Welcome back RN and thank you DS.  

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

There were plenty on here greeting about not going back because they were bored of the way we played, even though we were winning most weeks. It was pretty absurd. It was straight out of the Hibs FFF playbook in all honesty.

I never got that either. The cup replays yes, they were awful. But we were doing fine in the league when he left.

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Money spinning semifinal to look forward to 

Thought we weren’t interested in the semi?

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, jambo-fletch said:

We’ve got a diamond Robbie Neilson

a Jambo that comes from Paisley

He said **** off to Dundee United

He came back to save HMFC

welcome back Robbie!

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

To be fair, I think the vast majority are more concerned about the outcome of the case than who’s in the dugout at the moment.

Just now, whodanny said:

I meant that I hoped the aeroplane guys stayed away if they don't like the appointment. You then said that you wouldn't stay away just 'cos someone on JKB told you to. That suggested to me that either you supported the plane guys actions, or you are one of them. If I picked that up wrongly then I apologise, I still would not lament these people not coming to Tynie if all they want to do is set up a negative atmosphere.

I probably didn't word it well either to be fair reading it back, I read what you were saying as anyone who didn't think this was the right appointment should stay away. I'm not one of the banner tools and I agree we don't need them at Tynecastle. I'm still disappointed by this appointment though because rightly or wrongly (wrongly imo) this probably will divide the support again sadly...at a time when we've really come together. I'll be 100% right behind Neilson though and hope he's learnt from some of his previous mistakes with experience; which I'm sure he will have done. Feel for Stendel though as his time was a nightmare and I really liked him.

Crossed wires, crazy times, bolts from the blue. We're both behind Robbie, so let's shake and make up 👍

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought SFA could ram the semi-final, what’s changed?

Geddyalexneil

Welcome back Robbie!

I wonder without a certain person in the background if he is more likely to play a quicker more attack minded game. I always felt he had his hands tied a little. Now is the chance to prove that.  Lets hope for great success going forwards.

Onwards and upwards.

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought the SFA can ram the semi- final, what’s changed?

eyesandears
17 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Dundee Hibernians absolutely begging for money be honest would you deal with someone who allegedly are trying to shaft you

This. They are on the edge. Their US ownner seems to have woken up to the fact that Asghar is burning far more cash than he should and so they'll accept out £100k with open arms. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Thought we weren’t interested in the semi?

Money spinner.