SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

5 hours ago, Dazo said:

Up to you to believe it but my son who works on various nhs hospital sites has been offered the vaccine numerous times and been told just to pop along at the end of the day. It appears excess vaccines is a thing. 

It is a thing. As has been mentioned already on this thread, the Pfizer vaccine has a very short shelf life (a few days) once a batch has been removed from ultra-cold storage to be actually used in people. It would make total sense if, at the end of some days there are some doses which haven't been used at certain vaccination sites, and may be getting close to their effective use-by date and therefore about to be binned, that those doses are given to whoever happens to be about at those sites and willing to be vaccinated. It stops those vaccine doses from going to waste. Those doses would tend to be unused because there's a set number in a batch and a variable number of priority people who will actually turn up over a certain period to receive the vaccine.

That's a very different scenario from football clubs buying supplies of vaccine to give to players.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

alwaysthereinspirit
42 minutes ago, obua said:

I’m pretty sure last year’s judge was unhappy about it but his hands were tied.

I think you’re correct. I guess what I meant by “watching” was that if we need to go back he or others might do things differently. Knowing that it’s now obvious the football association isn’t fit for the purpose.

Any club that wants to stop should be binned from the division. Full stop. They can GTF and just die off. Sick of being dictated by amateur outfits that should likely be part time and should have their own part time amateur league away from the rest of us. 
If this gets stopped and we end up staying down again I’m finished with this shit. From The demotion, Celtics corruption, the SPFL and SFA corruption, to Lord Clark not having any balls, having our training stopped, and now this potential nonsense. Seriously about done with it all.

Edited by 1971fozzy

48 minutes ago, obua said:

I’m pretty sure last year’s judge was unhappy about it but his hands were tied.

his hands were most certainly not tied. He decided it should be decided by football (sic) but he had options he decided not to take. He shat the bed

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They were certainly interesting comments but I’m sure he was using it to hide behind the “it’s for the clubs to decide” line again.  There are 3 lines that he trots out over and over again - that one, the 75% of games played statistic and that over 80% of clubs voted for promotion / relegation. He uses these to justify everything the SPFL board has done and deflect from his gross mismanagement.  It was also the chief legal reason they fought us with - that our demotion was a member decision by over 80% of the member clubs, not a board decision.  A slimier snake you will never come across. 

That's true but it's also true the decision came down to one club's vote in the end (and that was a disputed vote), which doesn't make it sound nearly so overwhelming. And it was a board decision to only offer one option - yes or no to ending the league. They could have let clubs choose from a number of ways to end the league.

2 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

Would it not make sense to declare that the Championship, League 1 & 2 are reverting to an 18 game home and away season? Take a break until March and then play the remaining matches.

Think you under estimate the virus 

28 minutes ago, steve123 said:

How many teams need to vote for it ?

I dont think there is a vote, at least not yet. They’re canvassing opinions of all the teams.

8 minutes ago, jdl2002 said:

I dont think there is a vote, at least not yet. They’re canvassing opinions of all the teams.

Ahhh ok cheers

6 hours ago, Kyle1874 said:

I am sure a seen somewhere that you could join the English league and now after looking it’s saying that the home nations would need to merge 

am big enough to apologise and say got that wrong my bad man 

Having said that if Scottish football does get stopped, or cancelled again, with no clue as when it will resume full time, we could test the water with the no professional league argument.  We’d certainly have a case with the ‘professional’ part.  

6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s utterly criminal. You only have to read that article to see the guy is struggling a bit. The emotion was all over the text of what he said. Why didn’t Maxwell just phone ICT and ask them instead of writing a letter to all clubs and making sure the media knew it had been written, putting Robbo right in the firing line, a man who is clearly close to breaking down and chucking it. 

It is.  Exploiting Robbo’s concerns and feelings, for some sort of agenda that he has.  A total disgrace, especially at a time when men in particular are being encouraged to speak out.   

You don’t get much lower than that.   

Wasn’t the court and panel’s decision to rule against us partially based on assurances that the shortened season would be completed in full?

Contemplating emailing all championship clubs this morning with reasons why they should continue. Might not do any good but then again it might. 

5 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

Would it not make sense to declare that the Championship, League 1 & 2 are reverting to an 18 game home and away season? Take a break until March and then play the remaining matches.

I would agree with this if we have to suspend at some point. If it was sufficient at start of season and still had promotion relegation then could be a solution 

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No you’re right they did commit to that, no clubs have said they can’t play or are unhappy to keep playing. Robbo has spoken from the heart on his personal feelings and Maxwell has jumped in to use his words so he can appear relevant. 

I think it’s a suspension we are talking about, and I can see the sense in it, but I wouldn’t trust the clubs or league to restart again. 

We would need that commitment that we will restart and conclude the league by, say, August, or it’s a points per game scenario to decide final places. 

A lot of championship teams might think if we get league null and void .start again next season with hearts still in league .maybe crowds back and them coming  to us twice a season  it will be well worth stopping league now

Edited by Blackshades

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is why this latest thing is so absurd.

Doncaster and the rest of them have been arguing about how important football is to the mental health of the nation for months! Now they can't stop football fast enough it appears. It's genuinely mental. When on earth is a reporter going to sit down and write a long-form piece about it all in which all of the questions that never get asked are asked even if they don't get answered? 

I know, but unless a journalist uncovers actual corruption then it’s just words that can be brushed off. 

What irritates me more is the silence of other chairmen over things like the muted microphone thing during the meeting. It always seems to be one chairman putting his or her head above the parapet and nobody backs them up to give the complaint traction. 

6 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

A lot of championship teams might think if we get league null and void .start again next season with hearts still in league .maybe crowds back and them coming  to us twice a season  it will be well worth stopping league now

That is a bit of a risk.   The boycott of away grounds that Hearts fans have threatened may still be carried out.   Also, whilst fans me be allowed in the stadium by then, I very much doubt it will be in significant numbers.   An absolute full stadium could be two or three seasons away.  

Edited by Paolo

5 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

They are very much mistaken. 

And surely half the clubs in the championship have SPL ambitions so would want us out of the way. 

The long term solution is for Hearts along with the other big clubs in Scotland join an Atlantic type league and tell the SFA/SPFL to GTF.

17 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

If the season is null and void then any Hearts as supporter considering visiting any of these grounds needs to have their head looked at. Had a horrible feeling that this could happen. 

I know people will be sick of discussing this but the situation seems to be getting worse with dongcaster.

Joining English leagues. Atlantic league. A breakaway Scottish League. Surely we can look at something else now? People wanting to stay with this corrupt lot sounds like Stockholm syndrome.

There seems to be multiple avenues out of this pile of shit and if enough clubs with balls do it then it'll force change.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think it’s a suspension we are talking about, and I can see the sense in it, but I wouldn’t trust the clubs or league to restart again. 

We would need that commitment that we will restart and conclude the league by, say, August, or it’s a points per game scenario to decide final places. 

It would be ridiculous to have a PPG scenario after 10 games. It’s all a bit of a storm in a teacup really, although understandable due to what’s happened to us already. We all know we can trust anyone now. 

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

What are the odds this will get more traction

Rangers and Celtic to propose fresh bid over B teams 

via MailOnline for iPhone & iPad

EXCLUSIVE: A Rangers proposal to admit Old Firm B sides to the senior leagues as part of a league reconstruction blueprint failed to garner enough support from clubs last summer. 

Read full article

Like a gun to everyone else’s head.

7 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Am I making this up or weren't scottish clubs asked at the start of the season as to whether they could commit to completing the season? 

They've received a huge amount of funding and now potentially the league is going to be suspended, which in reality means called to a halt with no promotion to the Premier league. 

To allow this to happen when a club like hearts have continued to spend a huge amount of money on testing, signing players etc is an absolute disgrace. 

If championship clubs don't want to commit to the testing requirements to continue, then they should simply default to losses in the games they don't want to play. There are testing protocols in place for footballers which manage the risk and they have been given the ability to do so. Either call it all off or let's get on with finishing the season. 

It seems once again that the future of a big club like hearts is potentially going to be dictated by clubs that on a far inferior level.  Very angry at this tbh 

They should also be made to pay back any grants or funding they received   to complete the last 17 games. If a club like Alloa furlough players and stop playing they will be sitting on a grant of 500k for doing nothing. 

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would be ridiculous to have a PPG scenario after 10 games. It’s all a bit of a storm in a teacup really, although understandable due to what’s happened to us already. We all know we can trust anyone now. 

Yes it would be ridiculous but we need to look after ourselves and make it known we trust nobody. 

42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They are very much mistaken. 

And surely half the clubs in the championship have SPL ambitions so would want us out of the way. 

With regards to your second point, I am not so sure.   Maybe three or four clubs have that ambition, but those who’s chances of meeting it are low are happy to tick along in the Championship, at least as long as they believe when crowds are back, we will not carry out our boycott threat.   They have been lucky, in the last five or six years, they have had us, Rangers, Hibs and Dundee Utd in the league, boosting crowds, and interest. Three of that group were in one season, two in a few other seasons.   If the season is completed, with us top, that purple patch could end.  

Where they are wrong here, is if JKB is an accurate measure, at least in our case, we will boycott - even virtual tickets.    Also, I think crowds are still some way off, and significant crowds even more so. 

Mid Calder Jambo
6 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

Can't argue against this. IMHO this would be a sensible way out that would stop anyone losing face. Do the same in the Premier because the Huns are going to win that anyway.

SFA barely got involved last time round until arbitration but are getting involved early this time. Something stinks! 

2 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

SFA barely got involved last time round until arbitration but are getting involved early this time. Something stinks! 

As someone else alluded to earlier, it could be a deflection tactic to take the heat off some of the othe shit that has gone on this week, or is as yet unknown

7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s not a rule or a precedent in Scotland.  The precedent  in Scotland is that the clubs would have to vote. Again.  Clubs just so happened to have played between 75% and 80% of their fixtures last season and Doncaster conveniently jumps all over this at every opportunity to justify his shambolic governance. 

UEFA can waive the 75% rule for European participation - they did with the Dutch teams for this season’s CL and Europa League although how low a figure they can stretch to is anyone’s guess, not that it will affect us in the Championship.

Correct. UEFA jumped the gun last season - when the very first 'lockdown' was called, UEFA stated that any (potentially) any leagues called N &V may not get access to European competition.... and BEFORE the 1st SG 'Covid/lockdown' update, the spfl had decided to call the leagues.... obviously to protect smelltics CL position and 10iar.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes but they were asked to vote after 75% of games. A massive deal was made of the 75% thing at the time. It's clearly a precedent. All the evidence is in the media reporting of the time, including Doncaster's statements and others who agreed enough games had been played and there was no way they could null and void at that stage.

IIRC the null & void wasn't an option as we would have to pay back SKY, BBC & BT monies (he lied... they had to pay back anyway, which he didn't inform clubs about, to ensure he got the result in the vote he wanted) N & V was taken off the table because UEFA had speculated that this could harm the chances of leagues Euro spots. And we couldn't deny smelltic of that could we.

Parts of England have much higher infection levels and are still operating above amateur level as far as I can tell. Why the hell should we be unable to continue. You can bet that Alloa and Arbroath will jump at the chance and maybe Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith will think that it's to their benefit to call a halt now. This will also affect our recruitment plans as it's unlikely players will want to join a club with no games to play. Once again we will be the worst hit of any club in Scotland. I hope AB is gearing up.

Never mind a suspension of the championship for the time being.

Wait for today's game to be called off after Alloa mysteriously announce they have COVID-19 cases. Anytime between 11am and midday for the announcement.

Mulreaney is a part of the Doncaster-Maxwell inner sanctum and doesnt mind doing the dirty work for them.

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's true but it's also true the decision came down to one club's vote in the end (and that was a disputed vote), which doesn't make it sound nearly so overwhelming. And it was a board decision to only offer one option - yes or no to ending the league. They could have let clubs choose from a number of ways to end the league.

FTFY

"yes or no to ending the league... but if you vote no you don't get your prize money."

...that whanker dungcaster is always quick to say he only does what clubs tell him. The reality is, yes it went to a vote, but the spfl contrived a vote to suit their own means. The lumped all their desired outcomes together and ended it with an ultimatum - vote for it or NO money.

You're right, the should have given options after YES or NO. Then there should have been a vote on relegation/ promotion & playoffs, then prize money.

kingantti1874

I can’t see why championship teams would volunteer for N&V.  No hearts fan in their right mind would visit these grounds, and they effectively be voting themselves into another year with zero chance of promotion. Why on earth would Dundee, Dunfermline and co want zero chance of promotion in 21/22? Sorry we’ve been very average this year, we’ve had a couple of off days that can only be put down to complacency. We will win the championship with +20 points 

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No you’re right they did commit to that, no clubs have said they can’t play or are unhappy to keep playing. Robbo has spoken from the heart on his personal feelings and Maxwell has jumped in to use his words so he can appear relevant. 

Is this fact or just conjecture? Do we know ICT haven't made an official request?

If it is fact and Maxwell has jumped on this, it should be made public and the fker should be taken to task. By ICT, by Robbo and in particular, I'd like to hear the thoughts of that dickhead Wishart!

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is where I'm at. Do not trust them one iota, to re-start after any sort of break. 

Yet again, we've done everything (and more) correctly yet I can feel my spidey-sense tingling that we are, once again, about to be shafted.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Never mind a suspension of the championship for the time being.

Wait for today's game to be called off after Alloa mysteriously announce they have COVID-19 cases. Anytime between 11am and midday for the announcement.

Mulreaney is a part of the Doncaster-Maxwell inner sanctum and doesnt mind doing the dirty work for them.

Would not surprise me, am more relaxed about it this morning, all a bit of a Friday night rant from me which I apologise for, but we won't be joining any English league for the reasons stated on this thread.

Edited by Lfhearts

Trying to look at it objectively, though absolutely not ruling out dirty tricks by the sfa, it's maybe not as bad as it looks. 

Robbo did make comments on the league stopping, so the governing body are actually doing a decent thing by consulting.  Surely the feedback will be either a) continue unless it becomes impossible, or b ) suspend for a short period and then resume and play to a finish.  At least for our sake, the consultation will have been done early - imagine asking all teams after game 20 if we were 10+ points in front.

Of course if the other teams in the league wanted to call null and void, it'd be devastating but outwith our control like last year.  And who would be surprised?  Self interest ruling our game isn't going to change if nothing else in the governance changes

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

This is where I'm at. Do not trust them one iota, to re-start after any sort of break. 

Yet again, we've done everything (and more) correctly yet I can feel my spidey-sense tingling that we are, once again, about to be shafted.

The fact that there is so much distrust in both of the organisations that “run” the game here points to a need for total reorganisation. How other clubs can’t see this is astounding. Doncaster, Maxwell, and the rest are abject failures, only interested in the Old Firm and Celtic in particular. Our club should be seeking to build a cabal now a with other clubs and actively seeking the removal of these people and affecting real change in the governance of the game here. A motion of no confidence in Doncaster should be sought at the earliest opportunity.

Clearly Alloa that are pulling strings. How can the chairman of a part time dictate policy to full time teams. This really shows the whole thing up for what it is and that is tinpot. 

If things were N&V. Would be good if Hearts,Rangers, Aberdeen (Weren’t happy last time)Falkirk, Partick and others threatened a breakaway league.

The rats at Hampden park need dismissed from their roles.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

If it's suspended we run out of time and the season becomes null and void. SFA becomes blameless. 

That, to my mind, is exactly the outcome they want.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )