SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

AlphonseCapone

I'd like to pretend I'm surprised but I'm not. All the hallmarks of a stitch up.

Scottish football is a disgusting, stinking, corrupt turd. 

Just now, D4nny_ said:

Absolute certainty we are going to get shafted AGAIN.

The show must go on.

Yep...and the sad thing is, most of us knew it way back in April/May.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

BBC reporting it was Inverness that called for it

They didn't as a club I don't think. Robbo said something in an interview why all football isn't being stopped, more wondering what we all were why it was just L1/2. Do managers now decide strategy? Barmy

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You know it. I know it. 

Yet it ain’t picked up on by the biggest Hearts fan moderators the world has ever seen.

:rolleyes:

Mods are awfully busy apparently. Thanks for the info though. 

A temporary suspension in Jan/Feb does not in anyway suggest not starting again. There would be 5/6 months to play 17ish games before the next season.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'd like to pretend I'm surprised but I'm not. All the hallmarks of a stitch up.

Scottish football is a disgusting, stinking, corrupt turd. 

I wonder what our supine compliant arse licking media will make of this and how they will try to spin it. This country is the absolute pits. Land of the wholly corrupt.

Edited by Deevers

adambraejambo

I would love for one of our benefactors to buy another club in the top league and just pull the plug on them. There no money in football up here and I'm sure someone could be persuaded to sell. Obv they dont say they going to end them lol.  Give the SPFL no other choice but to invite us back up. If we can raise 1.5m+ a year just now i feel we could easily raise 2.5m in one year just to pay it back quickly and give a big F U to everyone else.  Obv I am dreaming . 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jambopilms said:

A temporary suspension in Jan/Feb does not in anyway suggest not starting again. There would be 5/6 months to play 17ish games before the next season.

Or 8 as discussed above.

Pasquale for King

Unfortunately clubs haven’t went bust and reconstruction is no nearer to be accepted no matter who can and cannot play, or who it affects badly so let’s not go down that rabbit hole again guys. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They didn't as a club I don't think. Robbo said something in an interview why all football isn't being stopped, more wondering what we all were why it was just L1/2. Do managers now decide strategy? Barmy

On BBC website...

‘In an email sent on Friday evening, he mentions that one Championship club has already publicly called for a suspension of all football.

Maxwell did not name the club in question but it is understood to be Inverness Caledonian Thistle.’

Shanks said no
53 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I'll go out on a limb and say we'll get ****ed, championship null and void and the prem will either be finished or given to the huns with no relegation. 

Same opinion

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought we had a case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport last year. We definitely would if this happens.

We definitely would have a case - just like last year - and just like last year we will get absolutely feckin shafted!

We have no allies in Scottish football and the vast majority will be delighted to keep us down!

Feckin sickening! 😡

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, adambraejambo said:

I would love for one of our benefactors to buy another club in the top league and just pull the plug on them. There no money in football up here and I'm sure someone could be persuaded to sell. Obv they dont say they going to end them lol.  Give the SPFL no other choice but to invite us back up. If we can raise 1.5m+ a year just now i feel we could easily raise 2.5m in one year just to pay it back quickly and give a big F U to everyone else.  Obv I am dreaming . 

If I was one of them sitting on a pile of money, I would honestly now be, right I'll set aside enough for my family to be sorted for life. The rest I'll put into Hearts to get it right up the lot of them! 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

They must have. Surely this isn't off the back of an interview in the paper with Robbo😀 If it is and ICT take some flak I'd expect them to come out and say they made no official request to the SPFL or SFA.

That seems to be the chat. It's the only evidence anyone has dug up. Yes it is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unfortunately clubs haven’t went bust and reconstruction is no nearer to be accepted no matter who can and cannot play, or who it affects badly so let’s not go down that rabbit hole again guys. 

If the SG demands the 500000 back one or two might just go under.

Guest ToqueJambo

On BBC website...

‘In an email sent on Friday evening, he mentions that one Championship club has already publicly called for a suspension of all football.

Maxwell did not name the club in question but it is understood to be Inverness Caledonian Thistle.’

The only evidence of this seems to be a Robbo interview though.

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I love Hearts.   I hate,  absolutely hate, Scottish football ☹️

In a few words you have said how thousands feel!

The big question is .....

Which is highest, love or hate? That will determine the path you take at the crossroads ...

love Hearts more than you hate Scottish football you will take one path

love Hearts but hate Scottish football more you will choose another path

and if you love Hearts as much as you hate Scottish football you will take the middle road

time for change ....

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Indeed, 17 games could be played in 2 months. 8 games could’ve been squeezed in last season though couldn’t they?

After Inverness went through everything with last season and they are claimed to be he club calling for a suspension. Can’t see it myself! The only reason they would have is to ask clubs if are they ok with the testing regime 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

In a few words you have said how thousands feel!

The big question is .....

Which is highest, love or hate? That will determine the path you take at the crossroads ...

love Hearts more than you hate Scottish football you will take one path

love Hearts but hate Scottish football more you will choose another path

and if you love Hearts as much as you hate Scottish football you will take the middle road

time for change ....

I will love our fightback that's for sure.

On BBC website...

Are we talking about “suspension” of the season for a few weeks with a view to re-commencing and completing the fixtures - or are we talking about “cancellation” of the season and making it null and void???

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Are we talking about “suspension” of the season for a few weeks with a view to re-commencing and completing the fixtures - or are we talking about “cancellation” of the season and making it null and void???

They don't know what they mean until after they've done or said it and they come up with some sort of back-of-a-fag-packet flimsy rationale.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If the SG demands the 500000 back one or two might just go under.

It would hit us too but as the SG are unlikely to ask for it back, the inky hope we have is that I don’t think it’s been paid yet. 

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I didn’t know that, however they played less than 75% (not by much admittedly) in the Dutch league yet Ajax and AZ were still allowed in the CL. 

True but UEFA had to approve them. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Roll on the Atlantic League......!

Having argued against it earlier, if it gets us out of this cesspit maybe it's not such a bad idea.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Let the PT clubs hibernate or whatever they want do and bring Falkirk and Partick into the Champ as clubs that can and want to actually play the game that is the reason for their existence. Give them Alloa and Arbroath's points or whatever. 

All of this reinforces what the best original solution for this season should have been - reconstruct with only teams confident of playing playing and the others mothballing with support.

Yep it all makes sense .... but sadly too much sense for the SPFL / SFA 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Any idea who has called for the Championship to be stopped? Surely not bottom of the league Alloa whose Chairman is No2 at the SFA..

BBC reports the SFA saying it was a "public" call. Funny that nobody knows who it was...

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would hit us too but as the SG are unlikely to ask for it back, the inky hope we have is that I don’t think it’s been paid yet. 

I do t think it has either but either way it shouldn’t be paid or it should be made paid back

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

They absolutely will but I suppose depends on the smallprint. It's taxpayers money but was intended to allow football to be played, not just to allow clubs to survive from what I remember.

We need to be looking at playing south of the border. This lot are as bent as nine Bob notes. Nothing is ever going to change that.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I wonder what our supine compliant arse kicking media will make of this and how they will try to spin it. This country is the absolute pits. Land of the wholly corrupt.

They'll write what their told like the rat weasels they are. 

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

On BBC website...

Possibly explains the mental turmoil that Robbo has .....

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jonesy said:

Was pretty close to jacking it in after what happened last year, but was drawn back in to an extent.

Null and void would ensure the end for me.

You say that but in a year or two when all this is done and we're back scrapping to get into Europe again or hopefully better you'll be back. Probably.

Hang on a minute. If ICT are the club in question that “publicly” called for it why can’t anyone find where or indeed mentioned it at the time it was said. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They absolutely will but I suppose depends on the smallprint. It's taxpayers money but was intended to allow football to be played, not just to allow clubs to survive from what I remember.

It seems it was just to stay afloat due to no crowds and the loss of income. Nothing to do with actually playing. 
https://www.gov.scot/news/emergency-funding-for-football/

Guest ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hang on a minute. If ICT are the club in question that “publicly” called for it why can’t anyone find where or indeed mentioned it at the time it was said. 

This seems to be the only evidence - https://news.stv.tv/sport/ict-boss-robertson-says-he-has-struggled-with-mental-health?fbclid=IwAR3tls3ocUvwy3QxdCv9ubohX7o-wcpjAw2sh-_Gh-ffwR1ZsvR2pgkJ7VE&top. A manager's view being twisted into a club's public call for something has to be a new low. He actually makes sense but only if you do as he suggests and stop "all" football not just all football below the Prem.

These pub teams are STILL going to have to do Covid tests NEXT season aswell as the whole population won't be vaccinated until well into next year 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Maple is a Hibs fan, he doesn't even try to hide it. Best to ignore him 

Cheers 👍🏽

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Nothing on their website. Nothing on Twitter. Nothing on Facebook. Nothing on their forum.  Surely they are not referring to the mere ‘question’ posed by Robbo and calling it a club opinion !!

This is mental !!

Edited by JimmyCant

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It seems it was just to stay afloat due to no crowds and the loss of income. Nothing to do with actually playing. 
https://www.gov.scot/news/emergency-funding-for-football/

Baws. They'll want to take the money then and stop to save themselves more money. Forget playing the actual sport they need that money for.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We need to be looking at playing south of the border. This lot are as bent as nine Bob notes. Nothing is ever going to change that.

Stop being ****in stupid.

It’s ok getting rid of dungcaster I can’t see him surviving when this is all over, the whole set up needs ripped up. 

wouldn’t be surprised to see Rangers challenge a null and void watch them backtrack if they fight it and it looks like total change at all levels

the OF are everything that is wrong in Scottish football and the puppets who rule for them, sure it Celtic who run the SPFL just now but is it any better when Rangers are on top? 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Celtic board want Rangers to stop 10 they need a strong Rangers as much as Dungcaster does.

This shit show needs bringing down

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, James1874f said:

I do t think it has either but either way it shouldn’t be paid or it should be made paid back

It should, but won’t. 

anyone that believes if there is a suspension that we will play again this season is deluded I'm afraid. The government has no intention or relaxing restrictions even when the elderly and vulnerable have been vaccinated.

With no gate money coming in and very few season tickets sold it will finish the game and only the really wealthy will survive.

Hopefully I'm wrong with the way the government approaches things but unfortunately all the conspiracy theorists are turning out to be true.

I also get the feeling the government is putting pressure on the Sfa. 

The only League out of 4 in the SPFL that has been responsible for any Scottish Government & Joint Response Groups breaches of Covid Laws/Regulations/Rules/Guidance is currently the ONLY 1 that the SFA/SPFL/JRG is looking to actually keep playing football?

The other 3 Leagues have yet to be accused or found to have breached any Covid Laws/Regulations/Rules/Guidance have either been suspended or asked to suspend their competitions.

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Why is the SFA asking clubs if they want the league suspended? This surely a matter for the SPFL.

Correct.  If you follow through on that scenario, then you could get to a ludicrous situation of clubs stopping playing with the consent of the SFA, only for them to be sanctioned by the SPFL for not fulfilling fixtures.

The Old Tolbooth

I utterly despise Scottish football, it’s an absolute cesspit for corruption, if this season doesn’t finish then I’m done with it, it costs £50k to do the tests from now to the end of the season snd clubs have had £500k, there really is no excuse for not finishing this season now, apart from Celtic’s brown envelopes! 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )