SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The BBC Scotland Sports website has taken this story down. I wonder why?

Under instruction from Lawell. Spineless just does not do these clowns justice.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The BBC Scotland Sports website has taken this story down. I wonder why?

Still available online 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still available online 

Ta, I looked on the main page, it's on the Championship page right enough. All the same he's set the hare running, no doubt one or two of the clubs will take up his kind offer.

Edited by upgotheheads

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

'Ta, I looked on the main page, it's on the Championship page right enough

It is still a fair point to say the story has been downgraded.

See what the story is tomorrow with today's games losing their prominence. 

Prof Leitch confirming he expects "a crowd of sorts" at Hampden for the Euro games in June and as the current measures appear to be having an impact that "the professional leagues if everything stays good could finish".

Considering how cautiously he has been trying to set the tone at present I see that as very promising for The Championship and football in general.

Euro 2020 finals games at Hampden should go ahead 'with crowd of sorts' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55688607

17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Who were these comments from?

A journalist on FB - not sure who

Frank Sidebottom

Astounding that you would start the week by saying there was no threat to the top two leagues only to end it by asking clubs if they wanted to continue on the basis of newspaper comments made by Robbo talking about his personal situation. 

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Prof Leitch confirming he expects "a crowd of sorts" at Hampden for the Euro games in June and as the current measures appear to be having an impact that "the professional leagues if everything stays good could finish".

Considering how cautiously he has been trying to set the tone at present I see that as very promising for The Championship and football in general.

Euro 2020 finals games at Hampden should go ahead 'with crowd of sorts' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55688607

Llawell and Doncaster and Maxpoodlewell will be gutted!

LarrysRightFoot

I think Celtic will definitely be looking for a way out after all this - it won’t be next season but within a decade there will be significant change. 

Rangers will obviously follow but I’d expect us, Hibs and Aberdeen to try and get in on whatever it may be. 

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Allan Preston with his customary ejaculation as Hibs score. 

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

SFA pulling a blinder using Mental Health in a tenously underhanded way, when they've only recently brought in an Action Plan in October, to help deal with it in the game. Added into e-learning courses for coaches & people within the game, in May.

Plus... being in partnership with Breathing Space.

Maxwell must've missed the memo.

That's even worse, surely even Maxwell must have done the day course to learn how to support workmates.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s absolutely jaw-dropping just how badly the SPFL and SFA manage our game. 

It really is.  I actually thought that Doncaster looked a good appointment when he came up here about 10 years ago.  He had no affiliation to either of the old firm and some of his first interviews sounded promising.  Little did I know he would just become a Celtic puppet.  I think the only way things will change is if clubs get together and threaten to leave.

Brick Tamland

Just caught up with this. 
Absolutely no place for Maxwell in our game, what he has done is disgusting in the extreme. To manipulate the bravery and honesty shown by John Robertson by twisting it suit his appalling agenda is one of the lowest things I can think off. Get him and Doncaster to fkuck away from our game, utter scum the both of them. 

15 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It really is.  I actually thought that Doncaster looked a good appointment when he came up here about 10 years ago.  He had no affiliation to either of the old firm and some of his first interviews sounded promising.  Little did I know he would just become a Celtic puppet.  I think the only way things will change is if clubs get together and threaten to leave.

There must be a seething mass of anger amongst the clubs right now. Surely it needs to boil over soon to demand the removal of these frauds. 

But we get rid of Maxwell and in steps Petrie...the Blazer’s Blazer. 

Scottish football is a shambles from top to bottom.

Too many people with a self interest in high profile or important roles. A change is long overdue and it can only happen when the non OF full-time clubs grow some balls and work together.

This last year has proved they don’t need the OF pound twice a season.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

There must be a seething mass of anger amongst the clubs right now. Surely it needs to boil over soon to demand the removal of these frauds. 

But we get rid of Maxwell and in steps Petrie...the Blazer’s Blazer. 

That dirty Hibs twat can ram it as well. FTH

Not sure if posted but all Championship clubs have said yes to the question do they want to continue playing. Good news. I took a screenshot of the Mail article about it but phone won’t let me upload it to this.

2 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Not sure if posted but all Championship clubs have said yes to the question do they want to continue playing. Good news. I took a screenshot of the Mail article about it but phone won’t let me upload it to this.

Really was bizarre that Maxwell didn't bother to have the courtesy to phone the ICT owner before sending his email...The SFA do nothing for weeks and then when they do get involved they make an utter mess of it. 

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

The problem isn't whether the club's want to play on or not it's the sudden eagerness of Maxwell and others to try and pull the plug when there's no reason to.

Someone from the media needs to ask them why they took this stance.

What's there agenda?

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Really was bizarre that Maxwell didn't bother to have the courtesy to phone the ICT owner before sending his email...The SFA do nothing for weeks and then when they do get involved they make an utter mess of it. 

Such a strange incident I agree. Only positive I suppose is we now know every team is ready and willing to finish it. Only real move now that will see it stopped is government. I'm hoping Celtic's COVID nonsense is over and eyes will come away from scrutinising football for a while now.

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It’s just another example of the utterly unprofessional way both organisations are run. To me it was more or less a piece of opportunism by Maxwell. These people should be looking to ensure that the game progresses here. The more I think about this the more certain I am that he was trying to please some other party instead of looking after the best interests of all of the clubs and the game generally. He should get out now and allow someone else to take over who is at least fit for purpose. 

15 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

So when Maxwell said one club was publicly calling for a suspension, he was lying. 

Borders Jambo
10 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Just caught up with this. 
Absolutely no place for Maxwell in our game, what he has done is disgusting in the extreme. To manipulate the bravery and honesty shown by John Robertson by twisting it suit his appalling agenda is one of the lowest things I can think off. Get him and Doncaster to fkuck away from our game, utter scum the both of them. 

Excellent post

35 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The problem isn't whether the club's want to play on or not it's the sudden eagerness of Maxwell and others to try and pull the plug when there's no reason to.

What's there agenda?

Yeah... and why the SFA? Surely it should have been the spfl if the request/offer was ‘genuine’?

42 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

What's there agenda?

Absolutely agree with this point. The SFA should be doing everything in their power to help football matches happen at every level. This incident suggests they, or at least Maxwell, is itching to pull the plug.

SFA, you are a football association! Your whole point of existing is to organise and facilitate football. You are failing in your fundamental role. Your chief executive appears to be undermining your association from within. 

Time for Maxwell to come forward and explain why he did what he did on Friday and justify his actions. He is the CE and has to be accountable or lose his job.

I have further thoughts on the treatment of a human who has indicated he is struggling being put right in the spotlight of a media storm.
That behaviour is worth Maxwell losing his job alone but I don’t what to add further fuel to the fire.

Edited by washniklaw

20 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

Absolutely agree with this point. The SFA should be doing everything in their power to help football matches happen at every level. This incident suggests they, or at least Maxwell, is itching to pull the plug.

SFA, you are a football association! Your whole point of existing is to organise and facilitate football. You are failing in your fundamental role. Your chief executive appears to be undermining your association from within. 

Time for Maxwell to come forward and explain why he did what he did on Friday and justify his actions. He is the CE and has to be accountable or lose his job.

I have further thoughts on the treatment of a human who has indicated he is struggling being put right in the spotlight of a media storm.
That behaviour is worth Maxwell losing his job alone but I don’t what to add further fuel to the fire.

The truth is that the people in control of both organisations are little more than conduits for Celtic and Celtics aspersions. I have little doubt that at this particular point  Celtic would love the plug to be pulled on matches being played and the season called.  The game here really needs a clear out at both organisations. In fact  both organisations need scraped and one organisation formed run by professionals with no ties  to anyone running the show. Just now all we get is one shit storm after another. That usually to suit one side of the Old Firm or the other.  For some time now it’s all been about Celtic. High time that ended for good.

gorgie rd eh11

Who appointed Maxwell? 

Petrie has been a constant in the shambles that Scottish football has created for itself. It's time for this Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen cartel to be emptied.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I think there is a reasonably simple answer to why Maxwell asked the question without first contacting ICT Spellczech. All he was doing was what Peter Lawwell had asked him. Asking the Championship clubs their thoughts was the first intended step in then looking to get the season declared null and void. And there is only one club that wants the season declared null and void and that club is Celtic. On the park they have no chance of winning the league this season and their 10 in a row league titles is then scuppered. Getting the league declared null and void means they can start from scratch come next season to try again to reach 10 in a row.

48 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Without wanting to get ahead of myself - how many points do we need to win before we mathematically can’t be caught? 

You think that will affect any decision to null and void the league ?

11 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Scottish football is a shambles from top to bottom.

Too many people with a self interest in high profile or important roles. A change is long overdue and it can only happen when the non OF full-time clubs grow some balls and work together.

This last year has proved they don’t need the OF pound twice a season.

Totally agree, the member clubs are as much to blame for the state of the game as Dungcaster and his crew of incompetents 

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

The cynic in me says that if championship is null and void, adds leverage to do the same with the premiership and we all know who’s pulling those strings.  With L1 & 2 currently suspended, I feel a mad rush next week into some serious decisions.....considering COVID deaths (Christmas easing) is set to continue to climb next week.....watch this space.

7 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The cynic in me says that if championship is null and void, adds leverage to do the same with the premiership and we all know who’s pulling those strings.  With L1 & 2 currently suspended, I feel a mad rush next week into some serious decisions.....considering COVID deaths (Christmas easing) is set to continue to climb next week.....watch this space.

You may be right . Certainly no logical explanation for Maxwell's email apart from pushing that agenda .

Of course it is also very possible that he is just utterly incompetent

1 hour ago, Goodfella said:

Yep Robbie said same after the game  just hope we can trust them.

Neil Dongcaster
19 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Perhaps it would add weight to any legal challenge.

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The spfl/SFA/celtic have had a series of ‘own-goal’ decisions this week, that just smacks of desperation IMO. I don’t think n&v will come about as, while it may halt Rangers title, I think it would be the end of the spfl. Celtic are desperate to stop this, but potentially give up complete control of Scottish football (which would follow)... I don’t think so. For me, I think the cabal were hoping for more ‘backing’ from the lower leagues & championship... I think it’s clear that they want to call n&v, and this last week has been all about getting club’s onside, so that they can do the usual ‘it’s not us, it the clubs’. However, I really don’t think they’ve read the room... I think the cabals  support is wearing thin. They’ll realise this eventually. 
Im not sure how many more clubs will come forward and announce their dismay at the running of the game, but if rangers were to call for another investigation, I think it would win overwhelmingly. All that’s left for the cabal now, is to ensure that celtic don’t fall further behind and give up that 2nd place CL spot. 

16 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Perhaps it would add weight to any legal challenge.

Legal challenge ? After last summer there is no chance we’ll be ‘legally challenging’ any decision for a long long time. It cost us a fortune and we still ended up getting shat on. 

Having said that, there is no immediate threat from the SG to suspend football. That’s the only circumstance where it would be justified to stop now given that both leagues are testing and have protocols approved by the SG and supported by the scientists.

Even stopping at some point would not result in a null and void, partly  because Rangers would storm Hampden in a manner that would make the Capitol building invasion look like a supervised guided tour.

Barring a massive rise in infection rates through a new super strain or something like that, we’ll be completing the season, certainly far enough to declare results on PPG.

Edited by JimmyCant

Given what @Goodfella has said about all championship clubs wanting to keep playing , Maxwell has made the SFA'S decision to suspend Leagues 1 and 2 look even more questionable.  Like it or not he has made the SFA look even more inept/corrupt than the Spfl which is quite an achievement.

Peter Lawell will be seething that all Championship clubs have intimated that they want to carry on playing.

Mulraney at Alloa will be getting a roasting over his phone from Lawell, demanding to know why he has gone off message.

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Peter Lawell will be seething that all Championship clubs have intimated that they want to carry on playing.

Mulraney at Alloa will be getting a roasting over his phone from Lawell, demanding to know why he has gone off message.

John, the championship could be null and voided tomorrow and it wouldn’t help Celtic one bit. Except it won’t be because it requires a vote to do that. It would also require a vote to n&v the premier and there is no danger of Lawell getting enough support for that.

He has lost here, big time. He is squirming and clutching at straws and being defiant (see Dubai) but 10IAR is gone and he knows it and it’s a beautiful thing.

If anything, the championship clubs stood up to this shite yesterday and it was good to see. Even those who would benefit from stopping and a n&v said no to it. Might actually be the start of change after Maxwell seriously messed things up with his email on Friday, taking advantage of a good man publicly outing himself for mental health issues should be roundly and publicly condemned because that’s exactly what he did.

Edited by JimmyCant

part_time_jambo
15 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Ta, I looked on the main page, it's on the Championship page right enough. All the same he's set the hare running, no doubt one or two of the clubs will take up his kind offer.

I think he/they knew exactly what they were doing - using Robbo's comments as an opening to get stopping the Championship on the table.

part_time_jambo
15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is still a fair point to say the story has been downgraded.

See what the story is tomorrow with today's games losing their prominence. 

Since we're talking about the BBC, why is the Dundee - Hearts game from 2nd January still the lead story on the Championship page? Has nothing else happened since then? It's almost as though they are taking pleasure in reminding Hearts supporters of the result (paranoid, I know).

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

John, the championship could be null and voided tomorrow and it wouldn’t help Celtic one bit. Except it won’t be because it requires a vote to do that. It would also require a vote to n&v the premier and there is no danger of Lawell getting enough support for that.

He has lost here, big time. He is squirming and clutching at straws and being defiant (see Dubai) but 10IAR is gone and he knows it and it’s a beautiful thing.

If anything, the championship clubs stood up to this shite yesterday and it was good to see. Even those who would benefit from stopping and a n&v said no to it. Might actually be the start of change after Maxwell seriously messed things up with his email on Friday, taking advantage of a good man publicly outing himself for mental health issues should be roundly and publicly condemned because that’s exactly what he did.

I dont disagree with you. Lawell will be one mightily pissed off person at present. Neil Lennon will take the brunt of his wrath to begin with.

Karma is a bitch Peter.

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I dont disagree with you. Lawell will be one mightily pissed off person at present. Neil Lennon will take the brunt of his wrath to begin with.

Karma is a bitch Peter.

I sense that he is losing power here. Forced to grudgingly apologise over Dubai by someone (it clearly wasn’t voluntary) I imagine folk starting to tell their secretary they are unavailable if he calls. Lennon waiting for the hammer to fall any day now. Bad feeling building up gradually again on the SFA/SPFL for their handling of things. Could be some half decent changes coming out of this mess at some stage. All it takes is a few big club chairmen to finally find their baws and get some of the media onboard and the whole cabal could be brought crashing down 

Edited by JimmyCant

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )