SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Baws. They'll want to take the money then and stop to save themselves more money. Forget playing the actual sport they need that money for.

Agreed, still not getting the money back. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

anyone that believes if there is a suspension that we will play again this season is deluded I'm afraid. The government has no intention or relaxing restrictions even when the elderly and vulnerable have been vaccinated.

With no gate money coming in and very few season tickets sold it will finish the game and only the really wealthy will survive.

Hopefully I'm wrong with the way the government approaches things but unfortunately all the conspiracy theorists are turning out to be true.

I also get the feeling the government is putting pressure on the Sfa. 

The Scottish Govt are happy for Professional football to continue, it was the SFA who suspended it.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Correct.  If you follow through on that scenario, then you could get to a ludicrous situation of clubs stopping playing with the consent of the SFA, only for them to be sanctioned by the SPFL for not fulfilling fixtures.

I think they're going to make it a JRG decision and that they've decided to pause the Championship already.

4 league games for us in these final 2 weeks of January, with a game in hand over the 3 teams behind us. It may not be a sparkling campaign this year, but if we win all 4 then we won't look back. We need to take motivation from this utter utter farce and make these statement games. Beginning tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

In a few words you have said how thousands feel!

The big question is .....

Which is highest, love or hate? That will determine the path you take at the crossroads ...

love Hearts more than you hate Scottish football you will take one path

love Hearts but hate Scottish football more you will choose another path

and if you love Hearts as much as you hate Scottish football you will take the middle road

time for change ....

You know, I thought you were at the wind up during the Alloa PPV thing. Not that I agree with language about scabs etc but I also understand the anger a lot of people feel and not giving a penny to clubs that voted to expel us.

However you’ve absolutely nailed the dilemma most of us feel. I love Hearts and always will but I ****ing hate Scottish football. Absolutely despise it. And I, along with the entire support, have to find where the line is between supporting the club I love and not giving a penny or a minute of my time towards clubs and a national game I now hate.

Like you say, find your own path, draw your own line but it’s hard not to want rid of the ****ing lot of it. 

We will survive but not sure in what form, I don't get it but one team decides they can't cope the rest then get invited to vote on that one teams decision, a democracy not, Maxwell is liewells puppet, something smells.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Correct.  If you follow through on that scenario, then you could get to a ludicrous situation of clubs stopping playing with the consent of the SFA, only for them to be sanctioned by the SPFL for not fulfilling fixtures.

It’s only a few days since Hibs were told there would be severe consequences for not playing a game and putting their players at risk. What a shambles Scottish football is, a laughing stock that thinks it’s relevant in the grand scheme of things.  

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

anyone that believes if there is a suspension that we will play again this season is deluded I'm afraid. The government has no intention or relaxing restrictions even when the elderly and vulnerable have been vaccinated.

With no gate money coming in and very few season tickets sold it will finish the game and only the really wealthy will survive.

Hopefully I'm wrong with the way the government approaches things but unfortunately all the conspiracy theorists are turning out to be true.

I also get the feeling the government is putting pressure on the Sfa. 

Possibly. This seems to go against any sporting integrity at all though and I'd hope we could go to an International court over it.

"The Court of Arbitration for Sport is an international body established in 1984 to settle disputes related to sport through arbitration."

Edited by ToqueJambo

37 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Seems like someone in the championship wants their cake and eat it. Just got a 500k grant and possibly ride the furlough train until end of April. Ply games may and June 

32 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

tell them to **** off :rifle:

Inverness are being mentioned. 

I'd be questioning whether it's Ross County who are behind it. 

Surely the clear and obvious motive is to stop relegation from the only League that seems to be free to continue and mostly do what they want. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, James1874f said:

It’s ok getting rid of dungcaster I can’t see him surviving when this is all over, the whole set up needs ripped up. 

wouldn’t be surprised to see Rangers challenge a null and void watch them backtrack if they fight it and it looks like total change at all levels

the OF are everything that is wrong in Scottish football and the puppets who rule for them, sure it Celtic who run the SPFL just now but is it any better when Rangers are on top? 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Celtic board want Rangers to stop 10 they need a strong Rangers as much as Dungcaster does.

This shit show needs bringing down

Indeed it does. 

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Stop being ****in stupid.

Really - anyone who wants to stay in this cesspool is thick as ****. That includes you obviously.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Surely the clear and obvious motive is to stop relegation from the only League that seems to be free to continue and mostly do what they want. 

Your still as dumb as ever it's a championship club.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

All the Sts we'd have to pay back. This will hit us in a huge way if the league is actually stopped not just suspended. The other champ teams don't have that financial commitment to their fans.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

You know, I thought you were at the wind up during the Alloa PPV thing. Not that I agree with language about scabs etc but I also understand the anger a lot of people feel and not giving a penny to clubs that voted to expel us.

However you’ve absolutely nailed the dilemma most of us feel. I love Hearts and always will but I ****ing hate Scottish football. Absolutely despise it. And I, along with the entire support, have to find where the line is between supporting the club I love and not giving a penny or a minute of my time towards clubs and a national game I now hate.

Like you say, find your own path, draw your own line but it’s hard not to want rid of the ****ing lot of it. 

I was only kidding about him being a scab. Good response to a great post. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Deevers said:

Really - anyone who wants to stay in this cesspool is thick as ****. That includes you obviously.

You are talking about something that will never be permitted to happen so shut the fup.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

You are talking about something that will never be permitted to happen so shut the fup.

Entitled to an opinion so no!

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Just once I'd like a journalist to add to their Tweet something like "... I'm attempting to find out what happened and will report back." and you know, do their ****ing jobs instead of Tweet like they're just a fan like everyone else. They're supposed to have inside lines on what's going on FFS.

Political hacks do this too. Wondering aloud on Twitter why so and so did this or said that. Ask them you idiot!

Edited by ToqueJambo

jamboinglasgow

This from the Scottish daily mails chief writer. Sounds like there is no appetite for suspending the Championship among the clubs. 

Issue is, I wouldn’t be surprised if clubs mostly vote based on their league position, purely for their own gain.

If clubs can’t abide by the rules set by the SFA for COVID then that’s their problem and they should be punished for not abiding by said rules. The only issue is the part time teams who have regular day jobs where it’s a little more difficult.

Any premature end to this season, particularly now or in future but still deemed in the early stages are, in my opinion likely to be that the league(s) are deemed null and void.

My guess (and of course hope!) is it will continue for now...

Edited by D4nny_

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

We will survive but not sure in what form, I don't get it but one team decides they can't cope the rest then get invited to vote on that one teams decision, a democracy not, Maxwell is liewells puppet, something smells.

This has null and void all over it plus if you don't play we don't have to pay corrupt mother****ers

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This from the Scottish daily mails chief writer. Sounds like there is no appetite for suspending the Championship among the clubs. 

He is one who is on the ball. 

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

One club makes a public comment apparently and that justifies writing to all clubs asking if they want to suspend the league.   WTAF?   That’s the regulatory body almost courting an awful scenario.   Surely a number of member clubs would speak to one another and raise it for serious consideration.  It’s such a shambles I honestly don’t think our game could be in worse hands at a time of crisis.   

couldn't be that this Club were asked to make a public statement before Maxwell could ask his question. I'm sure there's no way that could have happened. Surely not. 

The most annoying thing about this story is even if it’s nonsense that the idea about suspending our league is out there. We need to play as many of our games as possible. Before season 18 games was suggested for our league so we have to get there at least

jamboinglasgow
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Just one I'd like a journalist to add to their Tweet something like "... I'm attempting to find out what happened and will report back." and you know, do their ****ing jobs instead of Tweet like they're just a fan like everyone else. They're supposed to have inside lines on what's going on FFS.

Think thats what he has done. I read 'signs' as club officials I have spoken to. But he cant say for definiate as they could say something to him them reply differently to the letter (as was shown back with the mess in April.)

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think thats what he has done. I read 'signs' as club officials I have spoken to. But he cant say for definiate as they could say something to him them reply differently to the letter (as was shown back with the mess in April.)

Maybe but you just know that all the many questions around this will not be asked.

Surely need to either stop all football or keep playing , the clubs have had the funding so no financial reason to suspend / stop and let’s be honest the COVID situation in the UK does not look like improving anytime soon 

11 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

4 league games for us in these final 2 weeks of January, with a game in hand over the 3 teams behind us. It may not be a sparkling campaign this year, but if we win all 4 then we won't look back. We need to take motivation from this utter utter farce and make these statement games. Beginning tomorrow.

Could be our last game tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hang on a minute. If ICT are the club in question that “publicly” called for it why can’t anyone find where or indeed mentioned it at the time it was said. 

There was an article yesterday quoting the Peterhead chairman as wondering why all football wasn't being cancelled (they're in L1 though).     

Maxwell's letter (as described in the BBC article)  seems  very odd  - it's almost as if it's a deliberate "stalking horse"  thing  to flush out what each club chairman thinks about continuing by dangling an imaginary precedent in front of them .......... which would be plumbing new depths of dishonesty (even by SFA/SPFL standards)  😲

Whatever happens, we just need to win games and make sure we are top of the tree by a distance. If the league is stopped, they have to promote us as they set the precedent. 

:sadrobbo:

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Having argued against it earlier, if it gets us out of this cesspit maybe it's not such a bad idea.

What have we got to lose...........?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Whatever happens, we just need to win games and make sure we are top of the tree by a distance. If the league is stopped, they have to promote us as they set the precedent. 

Would you bet your house on that?

Just now, Cruyff said:

Exactly what we need to do. I have no expectation that they will though. I have absolutely no faith in either the SPFL or the SFA. Riddled with corruption and in Celtics back pocket. We need and deserve better.

1 hour ago, Papa said:

Celtic will have another go in 21/22 at 10 in a row and the quinquennial treble. 

Thankfully Ross County scuppered any hope of the trebles continuing.

Agree with your comments though.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Whatever happens, we just need to win games and make sure we are top of the tree by a distance. If the league is stopped, they have to promote us as they set the precedent

I thought that as well then I remembered, this is Scottish football and they can chop and change it as they please and all the wee mid to lower table Premiership clubs will just shut up and sit down like good wee boys. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Null and void all over this no first major honour for sevco and we stay down corrupt *******s

30 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Stop being ****in stupid.

How is that stupid if we Tender  resignation from the league then apply to the English league there is a chance  we could get in 

Edited by Kyle1874

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Will never happen IMO with the amount of fixtures currently played. Even if 70/75% of the league was played would I be certain of promotion after all the chaos caused last year!

Edited by D4nny_

Just wondering if its a coincidence that testing has become a topic of Championship Clubs and now one has stated to the SFA that they no longer want to continue, could it be that the 500k has been spent somewhere else. Maybe just my weird dark thinking if Scottish Football. 

Edited by GMEdinburgh
Spelling

Just now, Kyle1874 said:

How is that stupid if we Tinder resignation from the league then apply to the English league there is a chance  we could get in 

Of course we would duhhhh with open arms can take over from Bury, naw wait a minute.....

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )