SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Maxwell said as recently as Monday that there was no threat to the Championship or premiership. What on earth has changed in the four days since then?

Liewell’s new plan.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Prince Buaben

The tagine for the Scottish Football shikoku be ...

Scottish Football.. One Cluster**** after another.

11 hours ago, Papa said:

I posted this on Facebook earlier today. Events are moving faster than I anticipated.

”Sadly I fear that null& void is the grotesque plan. You have to remember who runs Scottish football and whose interests are served by null & void. This is how it  may pan out. As the virus continues the temporary pause to divisions 1 & 2 will be extended as will the pause to the cup. Virus outbreaks will increase in the premier and particularly the championship where clubs are tested for the first time. The latter will be paused for a few weeks. A decision will be taken to null & void divisions 1 & 2 as it is clear the their season has no prospect of completion or even of reaching the magic 75% complete. With that the precedent is set. The cup will be abandoned and the pause in the championship will be extended as a similar pause is introduced to the premier which is already suffering from fixture congestion. The SPFL Board call a vote on null & voiding all leagues. Clubs desperate for funds will be promised the release of monies provided they vote to end the season. The majority will do so. Rangers and Hearts and a few others will vehemently oppose. Rangers will even go the courts but will have to settle for SFA arbitration which they will, of course, lose. Hearts having lost a fortune last time will accept the futility of such action. The media will go along with the decision. Celtic will have another go in 21/22 at 10 in a row and the quinquennial treble. This is all within the SPFL rule book and Doncaster will say that there was no alternative and that the vast majority of clubs accept this. He will receive a fat bonus and a longer more lucrative contract. You heard it hear first.”

sorry to disappoint on your claim to be first, but many have already espoused variants of this. It wasn't as if Celtic were subtle with their shenanigans... 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

The fact that there is so much distrust in both of the organisations that “run” the game here points to a need for total reorganisation. How other clubs can’t see this is astounding. Doncaster, Maxwell, and the rest are abject failures, only interested in the Old Firm and Celtic in particular. Our club should be seeking to build a cabal now a with other clubs and actively seeking the removal of these people and affecting real change in the governance of the game here. A motion of no confidence in Doncaster should be sought at the earliest opportunity.

Absolutely! We've already had 3 very strongly worded statements from Stenhousemuir, Falkirk, and Partick clearly showing their distrust and disgust at how our game is being governed... and wanting/needing change.  We need a few more... apart from the well know shellick lapdogs running a number clubs, they surely must be outnumbered. If this last year has shown anything, it must be that kissing celtics ring is NOT  cash cow they believed it to be.

I don't understand stand it at all. L1 & 2 are furious that their league has been put on hold, so why would championship clubs then want ours haulted? Makes no sense at all.

I am not at all convinced professional sport should be played, in any circumstances, at the moment. 

The situation is flipping ridiculous. 

However, null and void of the league is an absolutely bonkers idea and morally criminal.  

The Old Tolbooth
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If that plays out, I'm done. 

**** that shite. 

9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

If football is concluded for the season whilst we are top and we’re not put back in the top league by whatever means it takes, whether that’s PPG or reconstruction, I’m done with it unless we resign from the league immediately and take steps to form a breakaway or play football elsewhere.

That’s exactly how I would feel too 

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, SectionN said:

If things were N&V. Would be good if Hearts,Rangers, Aberdeen (Weren’t happy last time)Falkirk, Partick and others threatened a breakaway league.

The rats at Hampden park need dismissed from their roles.

Rangers can stay the **** where they are please. 

Prince Buaben

Wonder if this is s ploy from Alloa to their testing paid for them by the full time teams. 

Just now, Furious Styles said:

Rangers can stay the **** where they are please. 

They are in the same boat as us. Also commercial partners aren’t going to back the SPFL if one of the old firm is away. 

Puts the pressure on. 

6 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I am not at all convinced professional sport should be played, in any circumstances, at the moment. 

The situation is flipping ridiculous. 

However, null and void of the league is an absolutely bonkers idea and morally criminal.  

I agree a suspension will be better. 

Just now, SectionN said:

They are in the same boat as us. Also commercial partners aren’t going to back the SPFL if one of the old firm is away. 

Puts the pressure on. 

N & V would be armageddon for the spfl/sfa. If it happens, it will be the LAST desperate action from a shellick minded splf/sfa board to ensure 10iar is still achievable and also that coveted 2nd place CL spot. I wonder if this is why the stakes are being risen this week, smelltic are catchable... not finishing 1st is unacceptable, but also not finishing second? Can you imagine..... the seethe would be immense!

14 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Liewell’s new plan.

Correct, Celtic knowing they have no chance of 9.79 in a row this season.

2 hours ago, Paolo said:

That is a bit of a risk.   The boycott of away grounds that Hearts fans have threatened may still be carried out.   Also, whilst fans me be allowed in the stadium by then, I very much doubt it will be in significant numbers.   An absolute full stadium could be two or three seasons away.  

I know but the mindset of these clubs is staggering all I'm saying is I wouldn't put it passed them

Selkirkhmfc1874

Season will continue in my opinion because the spl and the clubs won't want to harm the tv deal with the BBC and premier sports 

16 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Liewell’s new plan.

Been saying it for weeks.  Even Dubai trip part of that plan.  They knew and wanted the furore, anything that increases chances of N & V.

Brown envelopes will be couriered  in to Alloa and the other lickspittles.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes it would be ridiculous but we need to look after ourselves and make it known we trust nobody. 

When you look at the way Auchinlek Talbot were awarded their league title last season, all of a sudden it doesn’t look ridiculous 👀 

Gordon Ramsay

Liewell absolutely desperate to get null and void on the table. Make no mistake, we are in for a bumpy ride if we have any chance of getting what we deserve. 

Prince Buaben
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Why is English football not threatened with any of this and we are? 

probably because there is so much money at stake at the top. Also they agreed measures at start of season and seem to be putting on postponed games quickly and not making a fuss over the postponements 

pettigrewsstylist

Their is no shortage of ridiculous travel and needless activity going on currently. Football is far from a contrbutory problem and its benefits for a large portion  of the populations health  prob justify it ..just.

It's all happening this week! With all that's going on.... we (or the media) seem to be forgetting all about dubai.🤔

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Their is no shortage of ridiculous travel and needless activity going on currently. Football is far from a contrbutory problem and its benefits for a large portion  of the populations health  prob justify it ..just.

Doesn't really matter if it benefits other folk, the players are still putting themselves and family at risk so others can be entertained. 

I am not sure why people think Null and Void will happen. It may get put on the table but the financial implications would put that to an end. Null and Void is a Celtic fans wet dream. 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's all happening this week! With all that's going on.... we (or the media) seem to be forgetting all about dubai.🤔

Smoke and mirrors from Doncaster, take the attention from a fight by starting another on the playground.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why is English football not threatened with any of this and we are? 

Because it’s run in  a professional manner by people who know what they are about. That and not having the strings pulled by one club who have become far too big for their boots.

Look, at the end of the day, a three week break of ALL sport is a perfectly valid idea. Players and all working in foitball are being asked to work, travel etc while the virus is at its peak.

As usual, the spfl and sfa's approach is 100% the issue. There is no openness, no grown up discussions, no inclusion. Its all divisive, aggressive and dictatorial.

As others have said, wee Robbo has raised personal concerns in an interview he openly and commendably shares mental health issues. And the SFA use it to hide behind instead of just actually looking to protect and nurture our people.

If we stop for a few weeks, so be it. There is literally no argument for n&v. I know the concern is we don't restart, but at the end of the day, if the clubs, players, staff don't feel safe, that needs respected. I know a pro rugby player, and he and his partner's life, away from home, not seen family for a long long time, very strict rules, but also real risk of infection just doing his job. It's a lot to ask of people.

The issue isn't a break, it's trusting the SFA and spfl to manage it.

Ironic that all this "null and void" and suspension stuff comes hot off the heels of the Celtic Dubiagate stuff.

The SPFL / SFA seem to be at loggerheads with each other. The SPFL wanting Armageddon with the N&V option, the SFA putting temp suspension into the minds of clubs. However the SFA option does not appear to directly impact the Premiership!

As far as TV money is concerned....Sky are only interested in the Premiership, well actually only Celtic and Rangers!.....  So the SFA option would not invoke the repayment clause to Sky. Doncaster's N&V however is a different kettle of fish!.....Like he pointed out earlier this year....It's not the SPFL's money, but the clubs money! Doncaster tells us the SPFL don't have any money, therefore the clubs had better dig deep to cough up the Sky compensation. 

N&V, and repayment to Sky would most likely financially bust most Premiership clubs....Therefore, I can't really see anyone (except Mhank's) voting for what could amount to financial ruin, not even those clubs fighting at the bottom!....The only fly on the ointment again being the wee diddy teams outnumbering and outvoting the bigger fish.

Doncaster just loves to play the dramatic role, loves to put the frighteners on clubs.....That's why he presents the worst case scenario. no middle ground what so ever....worst case scenario every time! He has grabbed the headlines again with his sensationalism, but IMO it's all empty soundbites from a desperately irrelevant man and organisation.

The SFA...yes, the SFA that said....well "SFA" all those months ago have suddenly wanted to join in on the party, but lets just water down what their pals along the corridor are saying.....to much of a bombshell to call N&V, but let's say something anyway.

Nutshell.....SFA/SPFL = Crooked, Cowards, Corrupt......Not fit for purpose......Get rid.  

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Deevers said:

Because it’s run in  a professional manner by people who know what they are about. That and not having the strings pulled by one club who have become far too big for their boots.

Scottish football has alway been run by one or both the OF. 

Fans and other clubs have done **** all about it for decades. They all whinge and moan about things. Now and then but ultimately do nothing. 

The can't really do anything on their own, but other clubs have always fallen in line for them. 

I've accepted that. 

I don't understand why England has prosptponed games, covid cases eetc but none.Of this fall out - forfeited games, appeals, suspension of leagues, null and void, they even completed last season. 

WTF is the spfl  board all about? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Look, at the end of the day, a three week break of ALL sport is a perfectly valid idea. Players and all working in foitball are being asked to work, travel etc while the virus is at its peak.

As usual, the spfl and sfa's approach is 100% the issue. There is no openness, no grown up discussions, no inclusion. Its all divisive, aggressive and dictatorial.

As others have said, wee Robbo has raised personal concerns in an interview he openly and commendably shares mental health issues. And the SFA use it to hide behind instead of just actually looking to protect and nurture our people.

If we stop for a few weeks, so be it. There is literally no argument for n&v. I know the concern is we don't restart, but at the end of the day, if the clubs, players, staff don't feel safe, that needs respected. I know a pro rugby player, and he and his partner's life, away from home, not seen family for a long long time, very strict rules, but also real risk of infection just doing his job. It's a lot to ask of people.

Yip, all fair and sensible. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Doesn't really matter if it benefits other folk, the players are still putting themselves and family at risk so others can be entertained. 

Aye thats a fair point. Made a presumption no player or staff is being forced to do so.

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, EH23-Jambo said:

SFA barely got involved last time round until arbitration but are getting involved early this time. Something stinks! 

Correct, in fact they publicly stated that they wouldn't become involved in League matters, that was the role of the Members Association (SPFL)

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Scottish football has alway been run by one or both the OF. 

Fans and other clubs have done **** all about it for decades. They all whinge and moan about things. Now and then but ultimately do nothing. 

The can't really do anything on their own, but other clubs have always fallen in line for them. 

I've accepted that. 

I don't understand why England has prosptponed games, covid cases eetc but none.Of this fall out - forfeited games, appeals, suspension of leagues, null and void, they even completed last season. 

WTF is the spfl  board all about? 

Time then that the majority of clubs got off their knees and actually did something about things.  They had a golden opportunity in the summer, but decided to be downright selfish instead.  This sort of farce will happen again and again while buffoons like Doncaster and Maxwell run the SPFL and the SFA. Both organisations are rotten to the core. Everybody know that, yet nothing ever happens. 

portobellojambo1

All of these thoughts and comments about the league being stopped and this being something that championship clubs will vote for to try and keep HMFC in that league for next season are wrong imo. This whole idea, the very thought that the league could be declared null and void, is down to one man and one team, that being Peter Lawwell and Celtic. This move is to prevent Rangers winning the top league, and the only way Lawwell can do that is by getting the season declared null and void. It is something he could have looked at for last season, having the season declared null and void, but then it wasn't in Celtic's interest, we wouldn't have played them in the recent Scottish Cup Final if the season had been declared null and void and they wanted to win that for their own reasons. Last time the pushing factor for getting teams to support their viewpoint was that it would get them the TV money earlier and help other clubs get through things. My understanding/interpretation this time round is that if the league is declared null and void early the TV money will be withheld. I also suspect that for all those clubs who received money via James Anderson to cover their covid testing costs they would also have to repay that money, so this time round that carrot on a stick isn't there to wave at clubs. I suspect that this time round the clubs will vote against a motion to declare everything as null and void now as an awful lot of them will potentially no longer exist once football is then restarted eventually, and there is no certainty that will be in July/August of this year. The person/club pushing all this don't give a shit about anyone/any club other than themselves.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In an email sent on Friday, he refers to one club having publicly called for a suspension of all football.

However, it appears Maxwell may have interpreted comments from manager John Robertson as an official endorsement from Inverness Caley Thistle.

The Highland club say they are not in favour of a temporary pause.

...you couldn't make it up. How do they continually get away with this crap.

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, EH23-Jambo said:

It had bloody better carry on. 

I was engulfed with enraged shock when I heard about this crap last night.

We better be lobbying & threatening anyone who wants this BS to happen. 

Hate scottish football with a vengeance.  

Only Hearts, now & forever. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

In an email sent on Friday, he refers to one club having publicly called for a suspension of all football.

However, it appears Maxwell may have interpreted comments from manager John Robertson as an official endorsement from Inverness Caley Thistle.

The fact 12 months later all the same crap going on, it will never change will it. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Maxwell is the only one that can answer that. Look at me I’m relevant, or deflection from Dubaigate. There’s no big conspiracy here, they’re not intelligent enough to con anyone. 

Being sleekit and underhand doesn't require a high IQ. Just a total lack of conscience.

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We all know that they are inept, incompetent  & only there to facilitate whatever old firm, septic esp, want/ demand. 

Too many p/t clubs in our 'professional's football structure have to/ are happy to toe the party line.. Pathetic, the whole lot of them. 

One factor that I've not seen mentioned yet is our new Chief Excec's good relationship with the SFA. I would hope/expect that he is putting on a lot of phone calls and unlike last season he has a decent chance of someone actually listening. Although it is the that ultimately blah blah blah...

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

We all know that they are inept, incompetent  & only there to facilitate whatever old firm, septic esp, want/ demand. 

Too many p/t clubs in our 'professional's football structure have to/ are happy to toe the party line.. Pathetic, the whole lot of them. 

This has been a bad week for the spfl/sfa PR wise. They've been called out on a number of their actions and have answered to no-one. Is it just me... or does there seem to be an air of desperation in their actions. I'm hoping some sort of implosion is on the horizon... of course, I may be well off the mark. However, at least the press have started to print some condemnation.

Kidd’s Boots
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

All of these thoughts and comments about the league being stopped and this being something that championship clubs will vote for to try and keep HMFC in that league for next season are wrong imo. This whole idea, the very thought that the league could be declared null and void, is down to one man and one team, that being Peter Lawwell and Celtic. This move is to prevent Rangers winning the top league, and the only way Lawwell can do that is by getting the season declared null and void. It is something he could have looked at for last season, having the season declared null and void, but then it wasn't in Celtic's interest, we wouldn't have played them in the recent Scottish Cup Final if the season had been declared null and void and they wanted to win that for their own reasons. Last time the pushing factor for getting teams to support their viewpoint was that it would get them the TV money earlier and help other clubs get through things. My understanding/interpretation this time round is that if the league is declared null and void early the TV money will be withheld. I also suspect that for all those clubs who received money via James Anderson to cover their covid testing costs they would also have to repay that money, so this time round that carrot on a stick isn't there to wave at clubs. I suspect that this time round the clubs will vote against a motion to declare everything as null and void now as an awful lot of them will potentially no longer exist once football is then restarted eventually, and there is no certainty that will be in July/August of this year. The person/club pushing all this don't give a shit about anyone/any club other than themselves.

Before any monies are repaid by clubs, a look at the SPFL Trusts accounts would be interesting- from the EEN,

When Anderson gifted £3.125m two weeks ago to help all 42 senior clubs cope with the coronavirus crisis, he pledged to introduce more wealthy backers offering cash.

The total donated to the SPFL Trust now stands at £4,375,000 following the latest offering from one of his philanthropist friends who wishes to stay anonymous.

So donataions from philanthropists to the SPFL Trust are £4.3million, granted these were to be used for community and charitable services undertaken by the clubs, as well as testing, but added to the Government hand outs to Championship and below an enormous amount of money has been ploughed into funding the other operations of clubs to allow them to finish their seasons. To my mind, clubs have an obligation to finish the season given the support doled out to them.

37 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

When you look at the way Auchinlek Talbot were awarded their league title last season, all of a sudden it doesn’t look ridiculous 👀 

That’s a precedent that could play in our favour if leagues get called. 

27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This. 

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

I know people will be sick of discussing this but the situation seems to be getting worse with dongcaster.

Joining English leagues. Atlantic league. A breakaway Scottish League. Surely we can look at something else now? People wanting to stay with this corrupt lot sounds like Stockholm syndrome.

There seems to be multiple avenues out of this pile of shit and if enough clubs with balls do it then it'll force change.

I think this is where I am. All that's left for me post Covid is meeting my mates for a beer and watching Hearts play football.

I have no doubt last night was playing the seed for a suspension of our division. It won't happen right away, but I think it will happen. To be fair, I can understand the predicament of the players and staff at Alloa and Arbroath - a league involving a mix of full and part time clubs in a pandemic was a disaster waiting to happen. That's why reconstruction, either temporary or permanent, was a necessity last year.

I have zero interest in Scottish football, or the majority of clubs in it.

Atlantic League. The bottom of the English pyramid. A breakaway league comprising us, Partick, Falkirk, Cove, anyone else that wants change. I really don't care as long as Hearts put out a team of 11 players who want to play and entertain. 

What I don't want post Covid is for Hearts to be playing in the same old set up against the same old teams that shafted us or who lack the balls to exist without the old firm pounds. One thing Covid has proven once and for all is that Scottish Football isn't currently a competition, it's simply a mechanism to try to ensure Celtic win stuff.

Something has to be change.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )