SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

If Inverness have concerns this would be a strange way of going about it. 

A way of trying to shut them up perhaps. 9-1 or something. 

Rather than addressing the concerns and supporting people in the game. Which SFA are probably incapable of doing. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Whatever happens, we just need to win games and make sure we are top of the tree by a distance. If the league is stopped, they have to promote us as they set the precedent. 

:sadrobbo:

They will try and change that rule, absolutely no doubt about that. 

Absolutely scunnered with scottish football tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

How is that stupid if we Tinder resignation from the league then apply to the English league there is a chance  we could get in 

They will probably swipe left. 

1 minute ago, GMEdinburgh said:

Just wondering if its a coincidence that testing has become a topic of Championship Clubs and now has stated to the SFA that they no longer want to continue, could it be that the 500k has spent somewhere else. Maybe just my weird dark thinking if Scottish Football. 

Nope, think you are hundred per cent right. 

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Me too, but it’s just the governing bodies that are mostly the issue. Absolute corrupt from top to bottom!

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Null and void all over this no first major honour for sevco and we stay down corrupt *******s

Servo given title. We stay down and lose all of our better players. 

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Null and void all over this no first major honour for sevco and we stay down corrupt *******s

Looks like that's the agenda. 

Stephen McGowan (journalist) saying on twitter that Championship looking likely to continue. Not sure what has happened in the last hour or so. 

The Old Tolbooth

An application to the English league is pie in the sky, behave yourselves ffs! 

Surely though if Championship football stops, the SG have to ask for their £5m back? It’s only fair.... 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Will never happen IMO with the amount of fixtures currently played. Even if 70/75% of the league was played would I be certain of promotion after all the chaos caused last year!

I have some magic beans you might be interested in 😆

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Of course we would duhhhh with open arms can take over from Bury, naw wait a minute.....

Tell me why we can’t apply then ? 

Pasquale for King
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

An application to the English league is pie in the sky, behave yourselves ffs! 

Surely though if Championship football stops, the SG have to ask for their £5m back? It’s only fair.... 

The money was to keep clubs afloat not to keep playing. 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Whatever happens, we just need to win games and make sure we are top of the tree by a distance. If the league is stopped, they have to promote us as they set the precedent. 

:sadrobbo:

The only precedent is that the clubs will have to vote on it. 

Pasquale for King

Unfortunately I think Robbo has caused all of this with his personal view on the current situation, his club haven’t said anything, and Maxwell has made a play for some publicity to make himself look important. 
Hopefully this will be forgotten about in a few days. 

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

The money was to keep clubs afloat not to keep playing. 

Bollox to that mate, I’d be asking for it back if they don’t keep playing, I get what you’re saying but surely this cash was really designed to get them through the season, it grinds my gears! And all because the Doncaster loves Celtic.... 

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Bloody hope not!

We need to play it like it is. We need to leave no doubt about how this division was going to end up.

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I don't have mega ITK but I know the season is probably done.

Don’t you know someone that works at the SFA? Not that I’m a stalker!

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There isn’t a rule.  Nothing has been out in place to prevent a repeat of the shambles of last season. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Bollox to that mate, I’d be asking for it back if they don’t keep playing, I get what you’re saying but surely this cash was really designed to get them through the season, it grinds my gears! And all because the Doncaster loves Celtic.... 

I agree but the official SH statement makes no mention of clubs playing, just to compensate them for fans being banned from the stadiums. 

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I don't have mega ITK but I know the season is probably done.

Sfa are planting the seed. Might not happen yet but wouldn’t rule it out 

4 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

All 10 clubs in the championship have told maxwell to ram it.

There's definitely more to this. 

A nice test for Scottish journalists. My tip is to look up a division. Find a realistic motive. 

What might a lot of clubs want to happen? 

Guest ToqueJambo

This all has the stench of laying the groundwork to either null and void or not allow promotion/relegation. Imagine being Celtic and having not one but two asterisks in a "10-in-a-row" if it happened and they turned it around next season, or Raith enjoying two years in the Championship despite not earning that right by playing football matches, or Hamilton avoiding relegation again despite deserving it both times. On the flip side Thistle pushed to the brink and the careers of people at Hearts being put in doubt by fellow clubs. Shameless.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Tell me why we can’t apply then ? 

UEFA / FIFA won’t allow it for starters.  Then there is the matter of having to give (2 seasons?) notice to leave and of course absolutely zero chance that the English pyramid would want us. And would you want to start in tier 10?

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

You can just imagine the laughter from Ann as she opened the letter/email.

**** off Maxwell. 🖕

Probably get stuck in the Dundee junk folder 😉

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This all has the stench of laying the groundwork to either null and void or not allow promotion/relegation. Imagine being Celtic and having not one but two asterisks in a "10-in-a-row" if it happened and they turned it around next season, or Raith enjoying two years in the Championship despite not earning that right by playing football matches, or Hamilton avoiding relegation again despite deserving it both times. Shameless.

How did Hamilton deserve to get relegated last season?

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree but the official SH statement makes no mention of clubs playing, just to compensate them for fans being banned from the stadiums. 

They shouldn’t get compensated, no one else is, I really want them to suffer big time, it pisses me off knowing they’ve got help. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unfortunately I think Robbo has caused all of this with his personal view on the current situation, his club haven’t said anything, and Maxwell has made a play for some publicity to make himself look important. 

So, Robbo does a piece primarily opening up about his mental health and at the end of it questions the football authorities actions. What does Maxwell do. Does he offer empathy, help, make comments about what we can do to support players and staff with Mental Health issues ? 

No, he takes the opportunity with both hands, presents this is an official club view and piles pressure on the guy and points the finger at him, or at least ensures that fingers are pointed.

What a fecking snake of a man. Unfit for office. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This all has the stench of laying the groundwork to either null and void or not allow promotion/relegation. Imagine being Celtic and having not one but two asterisks in a "10-in-a-row" if it happened and they turned it around next season, or Raith enjoying two years in the Championship despite not earning that right by playing football matches, or Hamilton avoiding relegation again despite deserving it both times. Shameless.

The main likely thing going around, as discussed last summer is no relegation from the Premiership. 

This could be the last chance for that. The £500,000 grants clearly allows every club to continue. The only and possibly last chance before the vaccine effect kicks in to use Covid. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How did Hamilton deserve to get relegated last season?

They were in a play-off position when the league was stopped so there was every chance. Plus they deserve to get relegated every season IMO.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

They were in a play-off position when the league was stopped so there was every chance. Plus they deserve to get relegated every season IMO.

So did we deserve to get relegated?

Why do Hamilton deserve to be relegated every season? Seems a bit weird tbh, tinpot club but punch above their weight. 

39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This seems to be the only evidence - https://news.stv.tv/sport/ict-boss-robertson-says-he-has-struggled-with-mental-health?fbclid=IwAR3tls3ocUvwy3QxdCv9ubohX7o-wcpjAw2sh-_Gh-ffwR1ZsvR2pgkJ7VE&top. A manager's view being twisted into a club's public call for something has to be a new low. He actually makes sense but only if you do as he suggests and stop "all" football not just all football below the Prem.

Tragic that Robbo’s troubles has been twisted by these scumbags and is being used to potentially screw Hearts!

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

So, Robbo does a piece primarily opening up about his mental health and at the end of it questions the football authorities actions. What does Maxwell do. Does he offer empathy, help, make comments about what we can do to support players and staff with Mental Health issues ? 

No, he takes the opportunity with both hands, presents this is an official club view and piles pressure on the guy and points the finger at him, or at least ensures that fingers are pointed.

What a fecking snake of a man. Unfit for office. 

That's exactly what's happened. Absolute snake.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nonsense. People in the game are allowed to give personal opinions about what's going on in the game. If the SFA did twist that interview to justify this that's appalling. And then there's the fact he said "all" football, which is a fair point.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Mike Mulraney going for the vacant FIFA VP role too.

Surely couldn't be him, tugging Maxwell's tinkle, eh!

😄

Won't happen. 

Surely its having a tickle of his twinkle

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why would any club other than Hearts want to play on?

For a start Dunfermline must fancy their chances against the play off team.

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

So did we deserve to get relegated?

Why do Hamilton deserve to be relegated every season? Seems a bit weird tbh, tinpot club but punch above their weight. 

Because they are a scummy team, playing on a scummy pitch, in a scummy stadium, in front of scummy fans that’s why!

Edited by Thomaso

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

UEFA / FIFA won’t allow it for starters.  Then there is the matter of having to give (2 seasons?) notice to leave and of course absolutely zero chance that the English pyramid would want us. And would you want to start in tier 10?

Yes I would want to start from the bottom how can fifa argue against it when there are welsh teams in the set up and as for leaving am sure hearts would have something am not saying we will defo get in but this in Scotland is just shocking is there not a written rule that if a team will benefit the overall good of the game then they go to the top of the waiting list to get in and we all know that hearts are A bigger club then 90% of English teams 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Tragic that Robbo’s troubles has been twisted by these scumbags and is being used to potentially screw Hearts!

Probably a low point of the last 12 months if true. Maxwell should go. As someone else said, mental health has been a serious issue for many people.

ToadKiller Dog
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If the sfa/spfl/celtic board have used Robbo ,i expect a strong statement from ICT 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Because they are a scummy team, playing on a scummy pitch, in a scummy stadium, in front of scummy fans that’s why!

If thats what it took for teams to get relegated then the Premiership would certainly look a lot different!

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )