SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think they have a special hatred for us especially as we dared to challenge them in the courts.

Nah, they won. 

If anything, it probably gave them a hard on. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

So if they have a three week break are they going to stop training? I very much doubt it so they still have to travel to the training ground they still have player/staff meetings etc, etc.

So the only difference a three week shutdown would make is that they don't play any competetive games.

Clubs have been told in the Cham[pionship they must all test players and staff and had that been done at the start of the season outbreaks such as the one at Raith could have been controlled much better.

It's not as if they didn't have the money to do this because they had the donations from James Anderson.

Was actually going to mention that in my post. Yeah for a break to be effective, it'd have to be a full break, ie no training. Not great from a football perspective at all.

That's the toss up I suppose. I don't see clubs asking for this en masse. Maybe the question is how many need to push for it to happen. The answer may well not be how many, but "who", of course.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, jim747 said:

Because Celtic don't play in England.

Tbf, on reflection they have pushed through big changes which have benefited the top clubs. 

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why is English football not threatened with any of this and we are? 

Simple really.........were run by buffoons:

39A67DC3-7944-4543-AD04-C425D15B73E5.png

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Getting their colts team in seems to be their major objective just now. I’m sure that their plan is to get that done then seek to leave the league here leaving their B team behind thereby by their way of it a comfort blanket for getting back in if it all goes tits up for them else where, and continuing to exert influence in the game here. 

Yip, always an agenda. 

And our governing bodies will bend over. 

Celtic are in the spotlight just now, rightly so but the OF ae a package. 

Isn't the fear simply about CL places?

Problems at Championship level increase the full suspension of the leagues including top league? Maybe not entirely but enough to seek only top league completion to ensure CL qualification for Rangers and Celtic. Nothing  else is of any importance.

It’s just a huge distraction from Celtics Dubai **** up imo. I can understand the reason/need for a pause for sure but will never trust those in charge again. Null and void shouldn’t be considered they need to say we will finish the season at the next opportunity regardless of when that is, how is that so difficult??  And have a shorter season next season if that time gets eaten into.

they will struggle to get any pause through however as the rules have already been agreed. They would need 8 clubs to vote for it and us and Inverness won’t and doesn’t make sense for Dundee or Dunfermline either

It's nonsense like this which underlines why people outside Scotland think we're on a level with pub team football. Until the cabal of clowns and cowboys running things for their own benefit f off, we and all the decent clubs are snookered. 

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I might be tempted to send Dungdee an e mail with a “step by step” guide to submitting an electronic response about a decision that needs to be made in a timely fashion then, to double check the said email has reached its destination before the timeline expires.....best practice is to CC yourself into your own e mail so, if the email returns back to you it means the recipient has also received the email......unless it ends up in their junk mail of course....😁

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

This vote/opinion makes further mockery of an already tinpot Scottish Football.

If the government and health authorities agree that professional football can continue in this country then it should continue. 

It should not be left to clubs to vote on as we all know they will vote for self interest and health will have little bearing on how they vote/give opinion.

If covid is that bad just now that professional sport has to close down then so be it, but that is not the case.

And if it has to close down it should be ALL leagues in Britain and not just the pissy wee cannon fodder ones they couldn’t give 2 shits about.

59 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Sorry I disagree, health experts should make the decision not someone who’s clinical expertise is limited at best and qualification is that they want / don’t want independence. Yes politicians make decisions, they should be based on industry and qualified professional assessment and they should rubber stamp it and not control it. 

Scottish football is run by incompetents, we agree there, but they have more knowledge than said politicians (other than Ross who has a clear conflict of interest and isn’t involved in running clubs)
The money £500k should be based on continuing the league or go where it will be used and not squirrelled away. 

The Governemnet take the advice of the experts.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I doubt there would be many financial implications of they null and voided all but the Prem.

I am sure lower league clubs get Sky money they would also be open to legal challenges from sponsors and fans would be entitled to money back. It will only need the prem to knock it back. Further to this whatever the SPFL suggest to the lower league will not exactly be welcomed after recent weeks. The season will get finished anyway. R rate is going down the government are happy for us to continue and the vaccine is being rolled out. This is just a bumpy patch made worse by inept governance and inept people in charge.

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Was actually going to mention that in my post. Yeah for a break to be effective, it'd have to be a full break, ie no training. Not great from a football perspective at all.

That's the toss up I suppose. I don't see clubs asking for this en masse. Maybe the question is how many need to push for it to happen. The answer may well not be how many, but "who", of course.

Maxwell asked the question of all the Championship clubs on the basis of a non story from a misinterpretation from something Robbo said. So they jump on it without checking with ICT if this was a club viewpoint.

I think we can all see the intentions here. Since when did they heed what a single club requests?

husref musemic
53 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I wonder if Maxwell is trying to cover his arse here. So if anything happens Covid related in the Championship that the SG takes a dislike to, he can say ‘well it’s not our fault, we asked them if they wanted to suspend, they said no so it’s on them’

It won’t wash of course but it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the intent ,he’s such a clown

released late on a Friday night to catch Sunday papers back page. 

1) take the heat of Celtic.

2) *keep hearts in the championship for another year.

*bonus.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Maxwell asked the question of all the Championship clubs on the basis of a non story from a misinterpretation from something Robbo said. So they jump on it without checking with ICT if this was a club viewpoint.

I think we can all see the intentions here. Since when did they heed what a single club requests?

Ha ha. Depends the club!!!!

Reports are saying Inverness are unhappy that Maxwell has jumped the gun and sent these letters out based on comments from Robbo in a paper - I'd say you couldn't make it up but these muppets have so much previous 🙄

43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I believe that Scot Gardiner will be speaking to the BBC this afternoon (unsure whether it is a news item or on Sportsound). He is unhappy that ICT has been named as supporting a pause.

Deja vu.   They got accused of starting last seasons resolution or similar.    Something to do with needing the spfl money early to survive the lockdown.   That was clarified as well.    They are at it again.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

So the SFA/SPFL are now taking an interview with a manager as reason to effectively trigger a vote when they previously refused to vote on an formally proposed resolution due to ‘wording’? 

Yet again clear evidence that they are utterly unfit to be running Scottish football and any other industry would have removed these charlatans.

Yes if this is true it provides further evidence of their inability to run Scottish football. Do they now intend to have a vote of league 1 and 2 clubs, to see if they want to keep playing,as a response to criticism from Stenhousemuir, Thistle and Falkirk ? I doubt it.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, JyTees said:

Is this fact or just conjecture? Do we know ICT haven't made an official request?

If it is fact and Maxwell has jumped on this, it should be made public and the fker should be taken to task. By ICT, by Robbo and in particular, I'd like to hear the thoughts of that dickhead Wishart!

Yes we do, ICT have publicly stated they DONT want a pause. The man is an arsehole. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55684189

How can a club ‘publicly call for all football to be suspended’ but nobody knows which club it is ?

We should agree to a suspension on the proviso that if there’s no restart current positions are used to establish promotion and relegation.

2 hours ago, blairdin said:

I think this is where I am. All that's left for me post Covid is meeting my mates for a beer and watching Hearts play football.

I have no doubt last night was playing the seed for a suspension of our division. It won't happen right away, but I think it will happen. To be fair, I can understand the predicament of the players and staff at Alloa and Arbroath - a league involving a mix of full and part time clubs in a pandemic was a disaster waiting to happen. That's why reconstruction, either temporary or permanent, was a necessity last year.

I have zero interest in Scottish football, or the majority of clubs in it.

Atlantic League. The bottom of the English pyramid. A breakaway league comprising us, Partick, Falkirk, Cove, anyone else that wants change. I really don't care as long as Hearts put out a team of 11 players who want to play and entertain. 

What I don't want post Covid is for Hearts to be playing in the same old set up against the same old teams that shafted us or who lack the balls to exist without the old firm pounds. One thing Covid has proven once and for all is that Scottish Football isn't currently a competition, it's simply a mechanism to try to ensure Celtic win stuff.

Something has to be change.

I feel like post covid we will really have a chance to enact change. The Atlantic league sounds extremely promising. A breakaway League would be great with enough attention. Starting at the very bottom of English leagues would be a slog BUT it would be manageable.

Something needs to change.

If people want to stay in the extremely corrupt septic League then they should feel more than welcome to get royally ****ed over time and time again.

13 hours ago, Danny Wilde said:

Just the 4 Scottish football governing board farces this week then. The Celtic-Dubai-Hibs fiasco. The League 1&2 suspension without consultation. The overturn of the St.Mirren/Killie results. Now the "asking" of Championship clubs to suspend the campaign. Add those to the running total of farces going back to last spring.

At what point can or will enough clubs demand a vote of no confidence in its own governing body and in the people being paid handsomely to run it?

As long as Celtic and spineless clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen are alright-jack, never. That's the problem - utter entitlement and self-interest, oh and of course don't forget the clubs who's interests are looked after by having partisan or club members on the two boards...

If the shit really hits the fan, I'd love to see whether there were enough clubs threatening a break-way to at least force the end of the current corrupt and incompetent administration. 

Despite all this shit going on, there is still a strong unwillingness from Scottish football for radical change.

As shit and corrupt as the board are, the vast majority of clubs are enablers. Some other shit will be going on in a year's time and nothing will change.

And there is no chance of a fan revolt. Only Celtic fans are allowed to protest like that. But I do wish the whole thing would crash and burn.

6 minutes ago, dougc said:

How can a club ‘publicly call for all football to be suspended’ but nobody knows which club it is ?

We should agree to a suspension on the proviso that if there’s no restart current positions are used to establish promotion and relegation.

Pretty much what happened to us so I’d go with that. 👍🏻

Maxwell wrote: "One SPFL championship club has publicly taken the position that all football should be suspended.

"The Highland club have told BBC Scotland they are not in favour of a temporary pause."

If the club isn't inverness, and no other club has said anything publicly, then what the hell is he talking about?

4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

We are going to get done over again here aren't we 

Nope, I can see there being a break of a few weeks at some point but with the vaccine being rolled out and numbers coming down we are in a much better position than last season so I don’t see the league being unable to restart 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm a positive person, but I fear you are correct. 

All the signs are there. However if the corruption wasn’t bad enough last year to do it this year and to do the exact opposite of last would surely be a decision too far. 

Surely from a competition viewpoint it would be over as the games rigged.

12 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I disagree what's to stop null and void if 75 %of games haven't been played it's in rules anyway would it not be karma for sevco for all their cheating titles they lose their first major honour by getting shafted beautiful 😂

I detest Rangers but I absolutely hate Celtic and Lennon - anything to stick their 10 in a row up their erse!!

41 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Isn't the fear simply about CL places?

Problems at Championship level increase the full suspension of the leagues including top league? Maybe not entirely but enough to seek only top league completion to ensure CL qualification for Rangers and Celtic. Nothing  else is of any importance.

Holland proved that is a nonsense when they N&V'd last year and still managed to get 2 teams in the CL.  Ultimately it's for the SPFL to nominate their champions and that is quite clearly going to be Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Maxwell wrote: "One SPFL championship club has publicly taken the position that all football should be suspended.

"The Highland club have told BBC Scotland they are not in favour of a temporary pause."

If the club isn't inverness, and no other club has said anything publicly, then what the hell is he talking about?

Personally think it’ll be Morton as they’re supposedly struggling big time and the need to test would probably be what has pushed them to this decision.

However all clubs have received half a million and based on the numbers Robbie mentioned, which do sound a little fag packet, should be more than enough.

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

As long as Celtic and spineless clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen are alright-jack, never. That's the problem - utter entitlement and self-interest, oh and of course don't forget the clubs who's interests are looked after by having partisan or club members on the two boards...

If the shit really hits the fan, I'd love to see whether there were enough clubs threatening a break-way to at least force the end of the current corrupt and incompetent administration. 

You are spot on re Aberdeen and Hibs. For 2 clubs their size within Scottish football they are posted missing with all that is going on just now. They way Hibs were treated with the re-scheduling of the Celtic match without consultation, the subsequent threat if they refused to play, yet what do we hear from them, nothing. Aberdeen owned by an utter clown. If 2 clubs had delusions of grandeur within our game it is these 2.

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He needs to get nailed for this - Tom English will be the only one to have the balls to confront him but Maxwell will avoid him like the plague!

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Holland proved that is a nonsense when they N&V'd last year and still managed to get 2 teams in the CL.  Ultimately it's for the SPFL to nominate their champions and that is quite clearly going to be Rangers. 

Is it then rumblings from those in the top league looking to thwart promotion, eh your Ross County, Hamilton, St Mirren?

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Don't worry, Dick Gordon will get to the bottom of this.

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Personally think it’ll be Morton as they’re supposedly struggling big time and the need to test would probably be what has pushed them to this decision.

However all clubs have received half a million and based on the numbers Robbie mentioned, which do sound a little fag packet, should be more than enough.

I’m not sure, they are 5 games unbeaten. The caretaker manager seemed very positive and looking forward to the next games.

I know they are struggling but surely the £500k would cover the testing and some wages. 

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

If that was so where’s Morton public announcement?  There isn’t one - Maxwell is at it and has been called out!

If clubs think things through then "pausing" or abandoning the league will have far more severe negative consequences for them.

Firstly, furlough isn't a given as the government are allowing football to continue.

Secondly, the clubs will still be burning money on overheads.

Finally, they run the risk of losing projected income from TV and other finishing prize money.  Those in positions to win promotions would be cutting their own throats.

The only people I can see benefiting from this are Celtic, who could afford to write off money if it meant they were still technically champions and Sevco's guaranteed title was stolen from them.

Just to add, what happens to the £500k grants from the SG if the season gets chucked?  An absolutely nonsense idea to even consider it.

Edited by frankblack

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

They haven't come out publicly as far as I can see.

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Don't worry, Dick Gordon will get to the bottom of this.

😂

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

...and the 2nd placed team. I think shellick are bricking it as 2nd isn’t looking like being guaranteed. Double the reason for n&v?

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Is it then rumblings from those in the top league looking to thwart promotion, eh your Ross County, Hamilton, St Mirren?

I think people on here are misreading ND. He was asked about N&V but instead of pointing out it didn't happen last year he made a meal of it when he jumped on to criticise the SG and blamed them for stopping football.  He said it'll be down to the clubs (which it will) but there isn't going to be N&V (the commercial / legal implications remain the same as last year and have potentially dire consequences) and their own QC said in the Hearts' court case that promotion & relegation "are what it's all about". 

Lawwell likes ND , ND is his lapdog, Lawwell has publicly praised him . Celtic have no time for the SFA and things just got a little worse when Maxwell made his latest gaffe. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...and the 2nd placed team. I think shellick are bricking it as 2nd isn’t looking like being guaranteed. Double the reason for n&v?

There isn't going to be N&V. 

Jambof3tornado
21 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

We are going to get done over again here aren't we 

Said way back I thought we'd end up down for 2 seasons( and not because we wouldn't win championship).

Plenty more to come. One farce after another.

26 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

If the government say clubs can play, but they 'decide' not to, surely they can't put staff on furlough?

BOOM . Exactly 

There is one consideration for taking a break and resuming later, and that might be to start next season in Autumn, when there may be hope of getting fans back into the grounds.

Selling season tickets for next season is going to be tricky for everyone if they have no idea when or how frequently they will get into a home game.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )