Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There is no chance she is going to admit a mistake nor will there be an apology of any kind. 

Let's just be grateful that we are getting back in and that the SPFL got something correct and we only missed one game. If you are waiting on Politicians to do the right thing you will be a long time disappointed 

Not an apology, more an acknowledgement that tougher restrictions didn't make a difference, but it's now looking like restrictions on crowds are going to be lifted anyway :thumbsup:

You're right about all politicians 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Montpelier
26 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There is no chance she is going to admit a mistake nor will there be an apology of any kind. 

Let's just be grateful that we are getting back in and that the SPFL got something correct and we only missed one game. If you are waiting on Politicians to do the right thing you will be a long time disappointed 

Big test for sturgeon will be whether she is willing to relinquish her emergency powers shortly. I imagine the wee tinpot dictator will put a fight up to keep them. 

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Big test for sturgeon will be whether she is willing to relinquish her emergency powers shortly. I imagine the wee tinpot dictator will put a fight up to keep them. 

We'll be here to console you when she does, Bud !

👍

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

24BORIS1_415.thumb.jpg.b27a2b014c36782cdc3eeecde4648918.jpg

Look at that young beautiful girl playing with her hair staring at BJ with love in her eyes, scary stuff 🤮

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It is the tin pot dictator type of chat I find unhelpful on this thread, I think she will be glad to be rid of the emergency powers. I think we will see them go as soon as possible.

It will be interesting to see what the changes are to the restrictions in Scotland, will table service be scrapped, will night clubs re-open?? It seems the one I care about is getting removed and we will be back at the football.

7 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It is the tin pot dictator type of chat I find unhelpful on this thread, I think she will be glad to be rid of the emergency powers. I think we will see them go as soon as possible.

It will be interesting to see what the changes are to the restrictions in Scotland, will table service be scrapped, will night clubs re-open?? It seems the one I care about is getting removed and we will be back at the football.

Whilst I want the football back it’s really important businesses can open up fully too . To be honest I’ve hardly been in a pub since the new restrictions as they have zero atmosphere with all the rules and regulations just now . Cant even chat to anyone really 😂

Ex member of the SaS

Here's a good one, on the BBC page. Son tested poss with PCR test while his mother tested Neg. He is nearing the end of his isolation period but the mother now has it. The question was,  does the son now have to isolate due to close contact with the mother? 

The answer is NO!  

Ex member of the SaS
39 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Dennis you seem to get upset very easily. People have different views from you and can express them as they please. If you don't like that type of chat don't read it. Hope this helps.

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Here's a good one, on the BBC page. Son tested poss with PCR test while his mother tested Neg. He is nearing the end of his isolation period but the mother now has it. The question was,  does the son now have to isolate due to close contact with the mother? 

The answer is NO!  

Great.

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The answer is NO!  

One of my Neices has just came out of 10 days isolation as close contact , went back to work yesterday and how now been pinged today again ! 

45 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If she wanted rid of the emergency powers could she not just relinquish them today?

Ex member of the SaS

With regard to the PM party, it's not just the fact they had one during " lockdown" it's the simple fact that they obviously thought, the virus was not as bad as they were telling the public. Had they honestly thought this was a serious outbreak none of them would have attended, for their own well being, so it's obvious they all thought it was a big joke.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If she wanted rid of the emergency powers could she not just relinquish them today?

There is no way she want to let go of the power grab she has, Power corrupts and she is high on the power trip. Trying not to use the word dictator so as not to upset everyone.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

One of my Neices has just came out of 10 days isolation as close contact , went back to work yesterday and how now been pinged today again ! 

If she was actually isolating for the last 10 days, then how could she have been pinged today as a contact of someone who has tested positive, unless that person was also part of her household. 

I wish she would stop reframing the restrictions as “ protections “ that’s been rather clever I suppose by Some bright spark spin dr but they are restrictions  nevertheless 

Just now, Footballfirst said:

If she was actually isolating for the last 10 days, then how could she have been pinged today as a contact of someone who has tested positive, unless that person was also part of her household. 

No she went back to work yesterday and got pinged today . Well that’s what she said . Trying to clarify it with her . She said it was a ping from her work phone . 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Announcement to be made in coming day of when restrictions will be relaxed. 

All we know is rugby and football is on.

Hoping to confirm release of restrictions of 24 Jan. I’m meant to be at theatre on 29th, does look like that will be happening.

Vaccination certification to include boosters and likely to be extended to other areas.

The same vaccine passports that have proven totally ineffective? Dear Lord 😎

Ex member of the SaS
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I wish she would stop reframing the restrictions as “ protections “ that’s been rather clever I suppose by Some bright spark spin dr but they are restrictions  nevertheless 

The only protection I want from NS is her standing behind me with a shotgun when the zombie apocalyps comes. These are restrictions nothing less.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Utter nonsense decision.

stewards to check nearly 10k punters at our game against ST Johnstone will have to go down to ground an hour before kick off aye right

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The only protection I want from NS is her standing behind me with a shotgun when the zombie apocalyps comes. These are restrictions nothing less.

They are restrictions . How can you tell business they are “ protections” she scored a massive own goal today rally . If she had displayed Some humility / acknowledging about the over cautious approach of the last few weeks she might have got Some respect but nada / zilch 

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

stewards to check nearly 10k punters at our game against ST Johnstone will have to go down to ground an hour before kick off aye right

They were struggling even to check a handful at the matches I’ve been too . It won’t work . It’s a nonsense 

Dennis Denuto
26 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Dennis you seem to get upset very easily. People have different views from you and can express them as they please. If you don't like that type of chat don't read it. Hope this helps.

It is language that is used to try and get a response from others that support Nicola Sturgeon and it just causes two pages worth of point scoring pish to be posted. Hope that helps......

8 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Cursory glance from stewards at most id hope. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Good news and good to clamp down on all the passport cheats. 

That was so 2021, it's lateral flow cheats now 🤣 

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Pubs back to normal from 24th Jan.

I assume the delay is to try and hide the fact these restrictions have been utterly pointless. Ffs she needs allow these business to get going again. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Douglas Ross getting stuck into her re indoor facilities and extending the vaccine passport scheme

That’ll be a first then.

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Announcement to be made in coming day of when restrictions will be relaxed. 

All we know is rugby and football is on.

Hoping to confirm release of restrictions of 24 Jan. I’m meant to be at theatre on 29th, does look like that will be happening.

Vaccination certification to include boosters and likely to be extended to other areas.

I'm at the Theatre on the 27th, so hopefully she does lift restrictions on the 24th

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Good news and good to clamp down on all the passport cheats. 

Absolute garbage. Typical pish from you brownnosing Sturgeon.

And it also won't stop 'passport' cheats I know a few people who have falsified PDF's to show they are vaccinated.

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Cursory glance from stewards at most id hope. 

Having arrived both early to the ground and then very close to kick off, I’d imagine they’ll check nearly everyone when it’s less busy and very few when it’s really busy. 

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Absolute garbage. Typical pish from you brownnosing Sturgeon.

And it also won't stop 'passport' cheats I know a few people who have falsified PDF's to show they are vaccinated.

Anybody with even half a brain could cheat the system. It relies on honesty of football fans. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, GinRummy said:

Having arrived both early to the ground and then very close to kick off, I’d imagine they’ll check nearly everyone when it’s less busy and very few when it’s really busy. 

yes anecdotal evidence shows that far more checks have been done on the punters who go in early i've not been asked yet to show my vaccine passport must be because i'm an older git but do go in ten minutes before kick off

11 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Douglas Ross getting stuck into her re indoor facilities and extending the vaccine passport scheme

And also put back in his place too 

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Anybody with even half a brain could cheat the system. It relies on honesty of football fans. 

Some one with no symptoms but without a " passport" isn't going to worry about falsifying one if they want to go to a game. Generally most are honest upstanding members of the community but they will still get round rules that do not make sense nor do they work.

I doubt the certification system will ever be extended to all hospitality.  Looks like another idle threat to eke out a bit more on the booster front.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Some one with no symptoms but without a " passport" isn't going to worry about falsifying one if they want to go to a game. Generally most are honest upstanding members of the community but they will still get round rules that do not make sense nor do they work.

Not calling out anyone, or not meaning to. My point was more that if the system is so easy to cheat then it’s fairly pointless. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )