• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Reynolds
22 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Or just wait to see what she says and flip their lid about it, no matter what.

You called it 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Good news and good to clamp down on all the passport cheats. 

Listen to yourself.....wanting to stop fellow supporters getting in to a game when you are just as capable of passing it to anyone. 

Its just pathetic.

22 minutes ago, escobri said:

That was so 2021, it's lateral flow cheats now 🤣 

16 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Absolute garbage. Typical pish from you brownnosing Sturgeon.

And it also won't stop 'passport' cheats I know a few people who have falsified PDF's to show they are vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Listen to yourself.....wanting to stop fellow supporters getting in to a game when you are just as capable of passing it to anyone. 

Its just pathetic.

Like moths to a flame.

:lol: 

19 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

yes anecdotal evidence shows that far more checks have been done on the punters who go in early i've not been asked yet to show my vaccine passport must be because i'm an older git but do go in ten minutes before kick off

Not been an issue for any of us when we have went to matches. Its just lip service. Again seen to be doing something. Its a nonsense. 

30 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Douglas Ross getting stuck into her re indoor facilities and extending the vaccine passport scheme

Can see why the party of lockdown parties would be upset by sensible precautions. 

Tories don't do responsibility. 

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes there have definitely been a few NS supporters oh here who have been critical of the recent restrictions , In particular  the football .

They are being rounded up as we speak to be put through another brainwashing session. The Glorious Leader doesn't like this type of free thought.

Just now, luckydug said:

Trolling is not disagreeing with the group think of JKB. 

Indeed. It's not my fault that simply agreeing with Scot Gov's rule changes is a guaranteed trigger for a certain type of poster.

It's just a convenient bonus.

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

They are being rounded up as we speak to be put through another brainwashing session. The Glorious Leader doesn't like this type of free thought.

Yes well there are plenty still in full agreement with her it seems 

Ex member of the SaS
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How come you use terms like "face nappies" then?

:interehjrling:

It's a common saying round here and is not trolling, you just admitted trolling when you posted " like moths to a flame" in other words you deliberately posted something trying to wind up posters.

Got to say hats off to Boris, without the big crowds on TV the last couple of weeks Sturgeon imo wouldn't have brought full capacities back. Now just to get rid of these pointless passports.

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

10,000 checks 🤣🤣 what planet is she on ?

this will be lifted for 6 nations nothing surer

I don’t think it will be lifted. More likely the checks will be less than cursory. 

5 minutes ago, escobri said:

Got to say hats off to Boris, without the big crowds on TV the last couple of weeks Sturgeon imo wouldn't have brought full capacities back. Now just to get rid of these pointless passports.

Great guy Boris. Couldn’t give a **** about covid but stopped folk going to relatives funerals while he got pissed up with his posh mates. Fat radge. 

Dennis Denuto
15 minutes ago, escobri said:

I am not sure today is the day I would choose to be posting pro Boris and Covid things on the internet.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Great guy Boris. Couldn’t give a **** about covid but stopped folk going to relatives funerals while he got pissed up with his posh mates. Fat radge. 

I actually agree, the majority of leadership and rich in this country carried on as normal whilst the serfs bought the bullshit,it’s almost like they have a plan playing out 🤔

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I am not sure today is the day I would choose to be posting pro Boris and Covid things on the internet.

Praise for this matter only.

1 minute ago, escobri said:

I actually agree, the majority of leadership and rich in this country carried on as normal whilst the serfs bought the bullshit,it’s almost like they have a plan playing out 🤔

Yes, when we were all locked down the only people out in the streets were the rich (presumably dressed as junkies).

1 minute ago, kila said:

Yes, when we were all locked down the only people out in the streets were the rich (presumably dressed as junkies).

😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, kila said:

✈🏝

Why is the news full of some attending parties then? Do you really think these people haven't been laughing at you holed up when living it up?

Edited by escobri

Advisors. First minister if you carry on with these restrictions in Scotland, then YOU WILL lose votes at further council elections, by- elections, General election and Scottish Parliament election.

First minister. What do you suggest I do?

Advisors. Lift the restrictions, especially for outdoor sporting events. The six nations is coming up, and their are alot of people with money, power and influence who go to the rugby.

You can't just do rugby, you will have to do the football too. Football is the most popular attended outdoor sport in the country and that is thousands of voters. Predominantly middle and working class. We have worked hard over the last 20 odd years to get the majority of them onside. It would be political suicide to lose them now. Alot of the 16-25 year olds go to the football too, that's alot of young voters.

First minister. Lift the restrictions but we will announce the caveats, that over 18s must have proof of  double vaccination and booster jabs, but for those that haven't been vaccinated a negative lateral flow test will suffice. We will announce that depending on crowd size, a certain percentage must be checked. We all know that the checks will not be as thorough as we announce, but we are still being seen to do something and placate the plebs, I mean electorate. We can spin this out when it comes to polling time.

Edited by John Findlay

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It is the tin pot dictator type of chat I find unhelpful on this thread, I think she will be glad to be rid of the emergency powers. I think we will see them go as soon as possible.

It will be interesting to see what the changes are to the restrictions in Scotland, will table service be scrapped, will night clubs re-open?? It seems the one I care about is getting removed and we will be back at the football.

She revels in all this, loves it. She reminds me of the office managers at work who get all excited and power mad and go into incident mode when a building is closed due to bad weather. 

Covid is a blessing for her, allows her to do something that is not her day job, for which she's failing at massively 

Dennis Denuto
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Advisors. First minister if you carry on with these restrictions in Scotland, then YOU WILL lose votes at further council elections, by- elections, General election and Scottish Parliament election.

Advisors. Lift the restrictions, especially for outdoor sporting events. The six nations is coming up, and their are alot of people with money, power and influence who go to the rugby.

You can't just do rugby, you will have to do the football too. Football is the most popular attended outdoor sport in the country and that is thousands of voters. Predominantly middle and working class. We have worked hard over the last 20 odd years to get the majority of them onside. It would be political suicide to lose them now. Alot of the 16-25 year olds go to the football too, that's alot of young voters.

First minister. Lift the restrictions but we will announce the caveats, that over 18s must have proof of  double vaccination and booster jabs, but for those that haven't been vaccinated a negative lateral flow test will suffice. We will announce that depending on crowd size, a certain percentage must be checked. We all know that the checks will not be as thorough as we announce, but we are still being seen to do something and placate the plebs, I mean electorate. We can spin this out when it comes to polling time.

You mean the politicians didn't have our best interests at heart all along?? Not even when we were still washing our messages and they were having parties in the back gardens!!!

The *******s.

Lord Montpelier
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I know you jest in part, but this is pretty reflective of how the conversations go I imagine. 

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

She revels in all this, loves it. She reminds me of the office managers at work who get all excited and power mad and go into incident mode when a building is closed due to bad weather. 

Covid is a blessing for her, allows her to do something that is not her day job, for which she's failing at massively 

I disagree, I think she loves the power and politics of everything, I think she loves the scrap with the other sides. I don't think she is as bothered about running an Independent Scotland as she would have you think and I definitely think she would rather this Covid pish was all over.

Just my views though, I might be wrong.

28 minutes ago, escobri said:

✈🏝

Why is the news full of some attending parties then? Do you really think these people haven't been laughing at you holed up when living it up?

Sure. But that's not say the restrictions weren't necessary - just the rich can bend the rules more and as long as enough of the population followed the COVID rules it didn't matter too much. That's how the elite operate, they are called privileged ****s for a reason.

Edited by kila

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I know you jest in part, but this is pretty reflective of how the conversations go I imagine. 

To add to the other post as it is relevant here too, Covid is the one thing that looks like it is putting a dent in her ability to comfortably win elections in Scotland, and she loves winning elections - she wants it gone and fast. However she is perceived by opponents at doing the day job has not caused her any issues at the ballot box so far.

It is becoming harder to spin Covid in a positive way.

Nucky Thompson

120,000 new positive cases in the UK.  Down 13.1% week on week after a month of spiraling cases.

Coming down the other side of the peak comparable to South Africa?

35 minutes ago, kila said:

They weren’t out on the streets, they were indoors partying and then breaking travel rules. Their drug of choice being Pimm’s. 🎩 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

120,000 new positive cases in the UK.  Down 13.1% week on week after a month of spiraling cases.

Not sure about SA but that’s brilliant news. 

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There has been some debate about the accuracy of figures from around the UK, mostly England that matters, but as long as they are comparably inaccurate then that is defo good news.

Hopefully lessons learned for future spikes and variants.

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I disagree, I think she loves the power and politics of everything, I think she loves the scrap with the other sides. I don't think she is as bothered about running an Independent Scotland as she would have you think and I definitely think she would rather this Covid pish was all over.

Just my views though, I might be wrong.

Personally think Sturgeon knows she's in for a hard time in the aftermath of public enquiries etc. She made some terrible decisions early doors .

She's now trying to make up for this with an abundance of caution to help her argue her case in the dock and this will continue until we get fresh, reinvigorated and forward looking leadership  

Point also applies to a greater or lesser extent to leaders of other political parties. 

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Personally think Sturgeon knows she's in for a hard time in the aftermath of public enquiries etc. She made some terrible decisions early doors .

She's now trying to make up for this with an abundance of caution to help her argue her case in the dock and this will continue until we get fresh, reinvigorated and forward looking leadership  

Point also applies to a greater or lesser extent to leaders of other political parties. 

I don't think that exists in any party at Scotland or UK level. 

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I don't think that exists in any party at Scotland or UK level. 

Agree. Complete clear out required. As I've said here previously the people actually capable of doing these jobs go to the private sector to get more money and less hassle. Leaving us with a collection of posh lads and angst ridden lefties running the shop. Which I guess some might argue has always been the case, but feels more pronounced now. 

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Agree. Complete clear out required. As I've said here previously the people actually capable of doing these jobs go to the private sector to get more money and less hassle. Leaving us with a collection of posh lads and angst ridden lefties running the shop. Which I guess some might argue has always been the case, but feels more pronounced now. 

Any Prime Minister, First Minister and their cabinets should be someone that the electorate admire, respect and aspire to be like imo.

Instead they're usually a collection of cretins that represent what most of us dislike. 

I say most of us...yet bizarrely the majority keep voting for these parties knowing fine well that who their leaders are, so maybe most people are actually quite happy with it all.

Just look at the Boris debacle today, outpouring of anger and angst yet they'll still be voted back in next time around. As unlikeable and incompetent as our leaders appear, the real morons are us. The blue rinse brigade would vote Conservative even if they had a balloon filled with bin juice as their leader. Mental.

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Without trying to get all Donald Trump about it, we need to get rid of all the spin doctors and advisors and election experts.  Just concentrate on running the place correctly and not on how to win elections - as JF posted above the right decision is the one to win votes not always the one that is best or even believed to be the best.

Now that I've gone full Donald maybe I should have a party in the back garden, I'll take and LFT 1st though and wear a mask when I'm not sitting down.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Any Prime Minister, First Minister and their cabinets should be someone that the electorate admire, respect and aspire to be like imo.

Instead they're usually a collection of cretins that represent what most of us dislike. 

I say most of us...yet bizarrely the majority keep voting for these parties knowing fine well that who their leaders are, so maybe most people are actually quite happy with it all.

Just look at the Boris debacle today, outpouring of anger and angst yet they'll still be voted back in next time around. As unlikeable and incompetent as our leaders appear, the real morons are us. The blue rinse brigade would vote Conservative even if they had a balloon filled with bin juice as their leader. Mental.

Is that not the current leader?

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Could Mods change the thread title to Coronavirus Endemic asking for a friend 

Whatever pulls your chain.

But to be literal and perhaps pedantic,  there will never be an endemic state of this virus as a separate state to the pandemic.  The virus will always exist in circulation throughout the world therefore it will never cease to be in a pandemic state.

The pandemic - endemic definition is a red herring.  It's either pandemic in a state of crisis or pandemic in a state of stability.

Let's get the mods to change the title to Coronavirus eradicated & extinct.  It may be a nice comfort blanket for you.  

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Whatever pulls your chain.

But to be literal and perhaps pedantic,  there will never be an endemic state of this virus as a separate state to the pandemic.  The virus will always exist in circulation throughout the world therefore it will never cease to be in a pandemic state.

The pandemic - endemic definition is a red herring.  It's either pandemic in a state of crisis or pandemic in a state of stability.

Let's get the mods to change the title to Coronavirus eradicated & extinct.  It may be a nice comfort blanket for you.  

It’ll never be eradicated same as the flu will never be. Numerous scientists have come out now and said it’s now in the endemic stage but hey whatever floats your boat 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )