Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I found that really interesting up until he said you're immune if you've recovered from previous infection. I thought it was now well known that there is re-infection?

I can't believe he's back again after being shown to get everything so wrong previously and not just in terms of missing the numbers like Ferguson, actually saying the pandemic was over just before another lockdown and thousands of deaths this time last year.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex member of the SaS
4 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

He also says that asymptomatic transmission isn't possible, he sites a study that showed symptomatic transmission was 1 in 5/6 (15-20%) of family members, but asymptomatic was only 1% - so then it is possible just at a much lower rate, which has always been acknowledged. He is a fraud.

I think the point he was making is you have to have some symptoms before you can pass it on. Having it without symptoms means you have such small amounts it virtually impossible to spread it and only after it gets worse will you spread it.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

But the government that tells us its 1 in 3 isn't a fraud? Which is closer to the truth?

His study was from several variants ago.......

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

I think the point he was making is you have to have some symptoms before you can pass it on. Having it without symptoms means you have such small amounts it virtually impossible to spread it and only after it gets worse will you spread it.

Which isn't correct and he says so himself.

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Which isn't correct and he says so himself.

I must have missed that bit. No matter what the main thing is we can't simply rely on one group of scientists and should be looking a much wider opinion base.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Wasn't he explaining that away by saying it's in line with the false positivity rate? 

Not defending him, but that would make sense if you take his explanation at face value...which I don't think I do.

the fact he has come out now and said this is even more baffling as Omicron has more asymptomatic cases but has a greater level of transmission, he can try and explain it anyway he likes, its still bullshit 

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I must have missed that bit. No matter what the main thing is we can't simply rely on one group of scientists and should be looking a much wider opinion base.

I have looked at his opinion, both now and in the passed and it is not worth a ****.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

The vulnerable have been protected now for the best part of 2 years now. What about the young who’s best part of their years have been put on hold? 

The “vulnerable” will have been boostered up to the max. We can’t and shouldn’t protect them for ever! 

correct too many arseholes on here who would have us back in lockdown again won't mention names but they know who they are.

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

correct too many arseholes on here who would have us back in lockdown again won't mention names but they know who they are.

So happy to throw around the term arseholes, just not brave enough to name them.

In my view there are too many posters on here who would have had us in no lockdowns ever, even when people were dying in the thousands.

24 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It would appear you had a cold or flu the first time and Covid the second time. Glad you are now fine but it only adds to the list of those where it doesn't cause serious problems.

I think so. On Xmas day i was around a relative who had a cold. Maybe after having the cold I was more prone to it? Yes thanks I seem to be on the mend. 

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

So has this line from the government.

I don't know what survey data he used TBF, he's still incorrect though.

27 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It would appear you had a cold or flu the first time and Covid the second time. Glad you are now fine but it only adds to the list of those where it doesn't cause serious problems.

I actually feel well enough to go to the gym but I have to self isolate until next Monday. 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

So happy to throw around the term arseholes, just not brave enough to name them.

In my view there are too many posters on here who would have had us in no lockdowns ever, even when people were dying in the thousands.

iv'e agreed with the restrictions at the outset but what's going on now is a joke anyway will leave it at that we're all entitled to our opinions and i'm happy to discuss with any arseholes prior to any Hearts home game i drink in the Ardmillan right hand side as you come in.

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Heres a riddle.

But  I am also aware that to use the modellers and scientist language,  its " possible " and " might " have contributed to me not having major symptoms.  Who's knows really? 

Anyway I'm cock a hoop really as I am hoping I also have natural immunity too. I signed up for the chance to have my anti bodies tested so hopefully they pick me to take part in the research too.  Hopefully my symtoms completely disappear in the next few days To be honest its just felt like a cold but without the heavy dull headache. Its mainly been the throat and blocked nose so I am assuming that its been the omicron. Ill be majorly disappointed if the pcr test comes back negative :) 

Almost everything is possible and almost everything might happen. But the vast majority of Covid victims had mild or no symptoms before vaccines came into play. Anyway hope you make a full recovery and that your antibodies count goes through the roof.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The post was tongue in cheek directed to certain posters on here that will continue to want restrictions long after the rest of us have gone back to living a normal life. Anyone who still wears a face nappy after restrictions need to have a word with themselves.

Who are these people? I don't think I've met anyone like this during the entire pandemic. 

Continues to feel like a strawman that the pro-disease created to have a target to vent their impotent fury at. 

40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Heres a riddle.

I felt unwell on Boxing day. Had a sore throat and blocked nose.  I took a covid lft test. It came back negative.  For the next week after that I still had the same symptoms so took a test every 2nd day. All negative . Last one was on New years day.

I then started to feel fine.  However last Thursday I had the beginning of a sore throat again. It became more noticeable by the weekend so decided on Sunday to take a lft , not expecting anything from it.  I assumed it was a reoccurrence of the earlier .  It came back positive. I then called the cv line and got an appointment for  a PCR  test within an hour , which was pretty impressive actually and its local to me. 

After I came home I  did another lft  and it came back positive again.  I am awaiting result of the PCR test. Had a crap day yesterday as i had a cough too as well as the sore throat and blocked nose. Woke up today and its much better. Still feeling a bit fatigued though

So it looks like after 2 years of trying to duck and dive from the virus it finally got me.  Best time to get it I suppose after having 3 boosters. And before any smart bottom  says " Oh I bet your glad you got the vaccine "  I am.  But  I am also aware that to use the modellers and scientist language,  its " possible " and " might " have contributed to me not having major symptoms.  Who's knows really? 

Anyway I'm cock a hoop really as I am hoping I also have natural immunity too. I signed up for the chance to have my anti bodies tested so hopefully they pick me to take part in the research too.  Hopefully my symtoms completely disappear in the next few days To be honest its just felt like a cold but without the heavy dull headache. Its mainly been the throat and blocked nose so I am assuming that its been the omicron. Ill be majorly disappointed if the pcr test comes back negative :) 

If you're going to catch it, shortly after the booster is certainly the time to do it. 👍

20 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Weird, I haven't read any posts campaigning for us to go back in to lockdown. Not a single one.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Weird, I haven't read any posts campaigning for us to go back in to lockdown. Not a single one.

Most just wait to see what Sturgeon decides then agree with it as a matter of course.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Most just wait to see what Sturgeon decides then agree with it as a matter of course.

Or just wait to see what she says and flip their lid about it, no matter what.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Almost everything is possible and almost everything might happen. But the vast majority of Covid victims had mild or no symptoms before vaccines came into play. Anyway hope you make a full recovery and that your antibodies count goes through the roof.

Yep.  Cheers. I was a bit anxious yesterday when i tested but then i remembered I've a very good chance of recovery irrespective of vaccine status.    Well i noted online when I arranged to go for pcr  test then asked if a person is willing to be tested for anti bodies up to 28 days after the start of symptoms. I ticked yes so hopefully i get picked as it would be helpful to know if I had good anti bodies to it too. 

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If you're going to catch it, shortly after the booster is certainly the time to do it. 👍

I know. Its perfect timing. 👌

14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Maybe like a more tactical power bottom? 

Very accurate I would say :) and funny

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

:interehjrling:

2 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Where should we look for comments that are representative? Twitter comments basically exactly the same but that’s obviously just yoony loons too. 

Twitter will show comments from people who share your views, that's how twitter works. If I go on twitter I will see the vast majority supporting the SG. Not saying that's a good thing but it is what it is. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Twitter will show comments from people who share your views, that's how twitter works. If I go on twitter I will see the vast majority supporting the SG. Not saying that's a good thing but it is what it is. 

Is there a place on twitter for someone who doesn't 'support' any government or politician 

Adam_the_legend
17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Vast majority eh. Here’s the link, maybe you can screenshot some of these SG supporting posts?

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Or just wait to see what she says and flip their lid about it, no matter what.

Or the third path is just to get the hell on with life as much as possible. But I doubt the pro-disease want to hear that, such is their need to create straw-men and rage against, well everything it seems. 

Nuance is lost in the internet age, it really is. 😔

iv'e agreed with the restrictions at the outset but what's going on now is a joke anyway will leave it at that we're all entitled to our opinions and i'm happy to discuss with any arseholes prior to any Hearts home game i drink in the Ardmillan right hand side as you come in.

The last thing anyone wants to talk about in a pre match drink is feckin Covid 🙄

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The last thing anyone wants to talk about in a pre match drink is feckin Covid 🙄

It sounds like a really friendly invite though.

Edited by Ray Gin

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

It sounds like a really friendly invite though.

Sounds like he is so obsessed he'd rather talk about Covid than Hearts. 

Some folk really need to calm down. 

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Vast majority eh. Here’s the link, maybe you can screenshot some of these SG supporting posts?

He's hardly going to make statement saying restrictions making no difference and numbers would have been the same regardless.

Anyway, we are almost at 17th so next update becomes most relevant rather than looking at past one.

Rocket

13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He's hardly going to make statement saying restrictions making no difference and numbers would have been the same regardless.

Anyway, we are almost at 17th so next update becomes most relevant rather than looking at past one.

Has he ever expressed any reservations about any restrictions that the SG have made throughout the whole pandemic? Genuine question. I think the answer is no. Its almost certain there will be a " cautious" approach to easing restrictions next week. Therefore i expect that football will only open to under 10,000 or pick a number :) cant see nightclubs being allowed to open.

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Has he ever expressed any reservations about any restrictions that the SG have made throughout the whole pandemic? Genuine question. I think the answer is no. Its almost certain there will be a " cautious" approach to easing restrictions next week. Therefore i expect that football will only open to under 10,000 or pick a number :) cant see nightclubs being allowed to open.

Well no. Why would he when he seems to be influential in making the decisions?

46 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Sorry, you obviously don't understand how it works so I'll leave you to it 

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Surprised we've not had more of this sort of thing on this thread :laugh:

Jambof3tornado
23 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Jeezo. It's definitely turning into the cold then. Some folk get loads of colds in a year

I'd suggest its weakening over time or people through vaccination and or catching the virus are building up more immunity to it. Hard to predict if at some point we will see a more dangerous variant again.

We really do need to be able to live with this.

Footballfirst

We should start to see some downward pressure on daily case numbers now that asymptomatic people who test +ve with an LFT don't need to get a follow up PCR test, as the daily figures currently only report on +ve PCR tests.

I don't know how many people will fall into that category or whether we will see separate reports, but anyone who doesn't register their +ve LFT test won't have their results included.

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Millions are still not in that vaccine boostered boat.

Time to live with it for you = Time to die with it for many vulnerable people.

The vulnerable were double vaccinated and boostered well before I was. Stop being such a drama queen.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )