Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Seymour M Hersh
40 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yup. Vallance and Whitty were desperate for Johnson to lockdown England before Christmas. It's like they didn't want found out.

They have all been found out now though and nobody is going to listen to them again

I was actually referring to the conference call almost exactly 2 years ago where after the guy from Welcome had suggested it was likely (60-70%) to have been created in a lab. They have the call and Fauci comes out and rules out the lab leak completely. To the point that the tech giants will cancel you for mis-information if you suggest otherwise. Their emails to each other the next day have just been released in full (after the first time of asking they were so heavily redacted they made no sense).  Their reason? They did not want to upset international relations (reality wanted to make sure the research funds continued)! So they just lied and said it came from bats. Fauci in his position okayed US taxes to pay for the gain of function research at Wuhan. They never even got the research data from China as they said it was the Chinese IP! For two years they've kept the lie going and closed down anyone saying it was lab created. Knowing where a virus comes from is pretty key in fighting it take SARS or MERS from years ago. Wishing a few days or weeks they knew SARS had come from food handlers in China handling infected chickens and that MERS had come from Camels. Matt Ridley and Alina Chan have written a book about it called Viral.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yup. Vallance and Whitty were desperate for Johnson to lockdown England before Christmas. It's like they didn't want found out.

They have all been found out now though and nobody is going to listen to them again

Yeah 350 deaths in England in the last 2 days has found them right out. Ok 👌

21 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's no doubt Johnson and all those cretins that attended parties while we were only allowed to meet one person are scumbags, but I feel a bit uncomfortable with the media trotting out all those bereaved families, crying on TV etc.

It's a bit sick and doesn't sit right with me.

Sorry mate but disagree. I was forbidden from paying my final respects to both my best mate and father who I lost just before Xmas. I have utter contempt for Boris and his Tory pals. 

Nucky Thompson
58 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What was the modelling predicting, 5000 a day if they didn't lock down?

It just shows that lockdown wouldn't have made a difference

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Sorry mate but disagree. I was forbidden from paying my final respects to both my best mate and father who I lost just before Xmas. I have utter contempt for Boris and his Tory pals. 

That's pretty shit Marv. Was that because of lockdown rules?

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Understabd where you are coming from Marvin but agree with Nucky. Those horrible experiences you went through would have still happened regardless of other peoples behaviour. For me how other people behave wouldn’t impact that pain or loss. The media rolling these people out are just taking advantage of them for a story imo and isn’t right. What went on stands on its own it doesn’t need validation by other peoples grief. 

55 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's pretty shit Marv. Was that because of lockdown rules?

Combination of both. In my father's case bc he had Covid, we were told he was still infectious so when I went to pay my final respects it had to be a closed casket.

Rupert Pupkin

Those Downing Street Parties must be absolutely epic... No one can remember being at them, or if they were parties at all...😂😂😂

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Those Downing Street Parties must be absolutely epic... No one can remember being at them, or if they were parties at all...😂😂😂

It’s those hallucinogenic drugs.

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

It seems all our politicians now seem to suffer from some form of selective amnesia

Time to clear the lot of them out - conservatives, Scottish nats, and whatever that Welsh mob are - and get some decent people in to run the country. Sick of it. I can't identify with a single one of them. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Bit if a backlog adds to total, I'm surprised nearly 100% of recent deaths aren't classed as covid due to the ridiculous amount of testing that was being done, watching the news it seems like the majority of population had Omicron within the last 28 days. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It seems all our politicians now seem to suffer from some form of selective amnesia

Time to clear the lot of them out - conservatives, Scottish nats, and whatever that Welsh mob are - and get some decent people in to run the country. Sick of it. I can't identify with a single one of them. 

Exactly you would be better selecting a committee of successful business people and people with a skilled background, we don't need hundreds of mps msps & all the hangers-on to run the country that bleeds the tax payer dry 

1 hour ago, the general said:

Boris self isolating

I bloody knew it. Hes a real chancer. Taking a sickie when the heat is on. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I know. I was reading about the latest polls and take zero comfort about Labours new lead in them. Tories are bad enough but imagine Labour in charge of covid police? it would be a super cautious approach. Even more than the SNP Lockdowns at the slightest sneeze. 

4 minutes ago, escobri said:

Bit if a backlog adds to total, I'm surprised nearly 100% of recent deaths aren't classed as covid due to the ridiculous amount of testing that was being done, watching the news it seems like the majority of population had Omicron within the last 28 days. 

Yes apparrently there was a back log.

2 hours ago, the general said:

Boris self isolating

Very convenient for him........  File next to Liverpool and all of their "false positives"

4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Isolation down to 5 days in England from Monday, can stop isolating after 2 negative tests.

Sensible. Scotland to follow in a few weeks i guess 

Footballfirst

Although it is a family member who has tested positive there is no need for BoJo to self isolate in England as he is fully vaccinated.  He is simply avoiding the MSM ridiculing him on his next scheduled visit

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

If you live with or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, you will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:

• you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine
  • you're under 18 years old
  • you're taking part or have taken part in an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

Ex member of the SaS

The media in Denmark saying they were only publishing  Government media statements. Now saying they failed.

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Very convenient for him........  File next to Liverpool and all of their "false positives"

How exactly did they fake 40 false positives? 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Although it is a family member who has tested positive there is no need for BoJo to self isolate in England as he is fully vaccinated.  He is simply avoiding the MSM ridiculing him on his next scheduled visit

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

If you live with or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, you will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:

• you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine
  • you're under 18 years old
  • you're taking part or have taken part in an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

😂

FFS he can't even go into hiding without standing on his own trunk.

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sensible. Scotland to follow in a few weeks i guess 

I think while the restrictions on hospitality exist we will not be cutting isolation, may come soon after though

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Eh? 

Using a few drops from a fruit shoot can cause an LFT to show a positive. It is how when schools first went back the kids were faking false positives

I think any fruit juices, not fizzy would do the same job

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Using a few drops from a fruit shoot can cause an LFT to show a positive. It is how when schools first went back the kids were faking false positives

They used the PCR test would that be the same? 

Ex member of the SaS
9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Heard Irn Bru was best.

16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The media in Denmark saying they were only publishing  Government media statements. Now saying they failed.

Sounds familiar. 

14 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I think while the restrictions on hospitality exist we will not be cutting isolation, may come soon after though

Well i will take my lft tomorrow and then Saturday and if both are clear I am good to go. So if that is the case it'll mean I've been self isolating for around 5/6 days. Officially i am out of isolation on Sunday anyway. I think 5/7 days is the correct length. 

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

WTF? Seriously?

https://beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/11536/rosie-holt-party-video

Add yourself to the list of those who fell for it, although I would expect that there is a Tory MP somewhere for whom it might be an accurate parody, e.g. the right honourable member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip. 

Edited by Footballfirst

13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

WTF? Seriously?

"Don't believe evrything you read on the internet"

Abraham Lincoln c. 1907

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/11536/rosie-holt-party-video

Add yourself to the list of those who fell for it, although I would expect that there is a Tory MP somewhere for whom it might be an accurate parody, e.g. the right honourable member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip. 

Epistemology is their way out of this !

🤣

Go, Rosie ! 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Well i will take my lft tomorrow and then Saturday and if both are clear I am good to go. So if that is the case it'll mean I've been self isolating for around 5/6 days. Officially i am out of isolation on Sunday anyway. I think 5/7 days is the correct length. 

I was still testing positive for 14 days, was itching to get that all clear after 6 days but just couldn't shake it, so it's a bit different for everyone.

30 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I was still testing positive for 14 days, was itching to get that all clear after 6 days but just couldn't shake it, so it's a bit different for everyone.

My friend got tested on Monday and is now clear today. He noted he had very faint lines on the lft test even though so probably had it for some time. His pcr test came back positive on Monday. My lft tests on Sunday were strong lines indicated I had a big load of it I suppose.  It might be clear by tomorrow . Who knows. .I cant do much anyway unless it is clear and is then clear Sat 

Footballfirst

There is a change to case reporting today, in that "LFT only" positive tests are recorded along with those previously confirmed by PCR, plus those where only a PCR result was recorded.

PHS has provided the breakdown of each category since 6 January. That shows that the daily published figure understated the total number of all positive tests recorded by an average of around 2,500 per day.

Oddly, that is actually good news with regard to the rate that case numbers are falling i.e. it is falling faster than was apparent from the daily numbers

Reported Revised
06-Jan 11360 12418
07-Jan 14486 16973
08-Jan 12602 15380
09-Jan 7561 9957
10-Jan 11827 14491
11-Jan 10392 13664
12-Jan 7606 10619
13-Jan 8203 8203

2 hours ago, escobri said:

Extra tax people such as yourself who cannot extrapolate meaning from data sets, only fair that you refund the money wasted by the tax payers on your education. ;) 

6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Extra tax people such as yourself who cannot extrapolate meaning from data sets, only fair that you refund the money wasted by the tax payers on your education. ;) 

:laugh:

18 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Have I pumped your Mrs or done you some other wrong?, you seem to get agitated at some of my posts, I can't understand why 🤷‍♂️ 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )