Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

Not really.  It's everywhere and most likely to remain everywhere.  So it's pandemic forever I suppose.  It's a red herring anyway.  Regions will experience phases of stability and crisis.  Hopefully not much crisis and incrementally fewer instances of crisis.  

Yes, but some places could surely have stable infection rates whilst others have continuous waves?

The alternative would be that either everyone transitions to endemic  simultaneously or nobody does ever. The first one isn't going to happen. I appreciate the second one could though.

Sweden are ramping up their restrictions:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2022/01/10/sweden-introduces-new-covid-19-rules-the-situation-requires-it/?sh=13a98db3505e
Sweden Introduces New Covid-19 Rules: ‘The Situation Requires It’

• Homeworking for all who can.
  • Licensed bars and restaurants must close at 11pm, limit groups to 8 people, and implement seated service only.
  • Public events are limited to 50 people. Above this number, a Covid-19 certificate is required for entry, fixed seats are required and groups of up to 8 people must be kept apart.

6 hours ago, Taffin said:

France churning out some staggering numbers. Whatever they're doing I'd suggest we do the opposite!

UK record it's highest number deaths since Feb last year. 379. 

6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Sweden are ramping up their restrictions:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2022/01/10/sweden-introduces-new-covid-19-rules-the-situation-requires-it/?sh=13a98db3505e
Sweden Introduces New Covid-19 Rules: ‘The Situation Requires It’

• Homeworking for all who can.
  • Licensed bars and restaurants must close at 11pm, limit groups to 8 people, and implement seated service only.
  • Public events are limited to 50 people. Above this number, a Covid-19 certificate is required for entry, fixed seats are required and groups of up to 8 people must be kept apart.

I wonder if Omicron is the dominant variant over there.  Given their policy with more lethal strains this seems like a strange decision. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I wonder if Omicron is the dominant variant over there.  Given their policy with more lethal strains this seems like a strange decision. 

Yes it is. 

jack D and coke
15 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I disagree, I think she loves the power and politics of everything, I think she loves the scrap with the other sides. I don't think she is as bothered about running an Independent Scotland as she would have you think and I definitely think she would rather this Covid pish was all over.

Just my views though, I might be wrong.

Agreed It’s mind numbing childish shite to think anyone and everyone doesn’t want this to be all over. 
It hard to converse and not completely lose your mind with people who continually trot out this kind of utter drivel. 
There is nothing to be gained in any way possible by imposing these things on peoples lives yet some keep going on about her loving it. 
:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes it is. 

Cheers, not really been following the covid situation too closely lately but seems quite a big policy shift from them since the start of the pandemic.

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Agreed It’s mind numbing childish shite to think anyone and everyone doesn’t want this to be all over. 
It hard to converse and not completely lose your mind with people who continually trot out this kind of utter drivel. 
There is nothing to be gained in any way possible by imposing these things on peoples lives yet some keep going on about her loving it. 
:facepalm:

If you're an egomaniac who wants power but the powers you have don't usually make headlines then I can see why someone would welcome an era where the things they have control over became headline news and popular topic number one 

I don't think that's the case here though.

Edited by Taffin

That’s the mrs woke up to news her theatre show next Saturday is cancelled at the playhouse. 

She’s now going nuts asking how can over 100k fans attend football in this country next week but she can’t go to see a show.
Sturgeon now not her favourite person going by what she just called her😂

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If you're an egomaniac who wants power but the powers you have don't usually make headlines then I can see why someone would welcome an era where the things they have control over became headline news and popular topic number one 

I don't think that's the case here though.

Taff this isn’t 30’s Germany and I know you’re not suggesting that either but I despair at stasi, Hitler, North Korea etc etc. i see it everyday on my social media. 

These are middle aged people who suggest the education system is poor now 🤪😂

All the young ones I know are really clever too yet apparently it’s all going down the kazi according to these middle aged helmets who can’t even spell properly. 
Id use stronger and more distasteful words to describe them if I could get away with it. 
It never ceases to amaze me just how stupid and ignorant the average person is.

Its getting like America here. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Taff this isn’t 30’s Germany and I know you’re not suggesting that either but I despair at stasi, Hitler, North Korea etc etc. i see it everyday on my social media. 

All the young ones I know are really clever too yet apparently it’s all going down the kazi according to these middle aged helmets who can’t even spell properly. 
Id use stronger and more distasteful words to describe them if I could get away with it. 

0c4.jpg

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, theshed said:

That’s the mrs woke up to news her theatre show next Saturday is cancelled at the playhouse. 

She’s now going nuts asking how can over 100k fans attend football in this country next week but she can’t go to see a show.

Nippoleon  is hated by many now - I’ve never known a more disliked Scottish  politician 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think applied in this scenario it's stupid too, absolutely. I just think it's not much of a stretch for a leader to get power hungry and crave scenarios where their sphere of control becomes all consuming for them. We've seen it endlessly throughout history and you see it on a lower level scale in the workplace when a certain team is flavour of the month the crave that relevancy to continue.

Would Sturgeon rather have power without Covid? Yes, of course but I do reckon she does enjoy the spotlight and the control...it would be hard to become FM without those traits though so it's not a criticism of her.

I'd love to claim I'm one of the clever young ones but with my birthday rapidly approaching I'm reminded I'm no longer young...and I was never clever 😂

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I think applied in this scenario it's stupid too, absolutely. I just think it's not much of a stretch for a leader to get power hungry and crave scenarios where their sphere of control becomes all consuming for them. We've seen it endlessly throughout history and you see it on a lower level scale in the workplace when a certain team is flavour of the month the crave that relevancy to continue.

Would Sturgeon rather have power without Covid? Yes, of course but I do reckon she does enjoy the spotlight and the control...it would be hard to become FM without those traits though so it's not a criticism of her.

I'd love to claim I'm one of the clever young ones but with my birthday rapidly approaching I'm reminded I'm no longer young...and I was never clever 😂

Aye haha and I reckon I’m a bit further doon the road than you too age wise😬
There’s nowhere on the planet where you could go oh well they’ve certainly got it more right than us. Because it’s just not possible to get this right. I was honestly expecting the SG to prolong the ban on the football etc but fair play this time. Did she make a mistake before Christmas and too cautious? Yeah possibly she did but we’ve only really missed one game and I’m looking forward to the derby now and a trip to Perth being arranged last night as well. Ive been going to my local pubs and nothing was overly strict and I mixed freely over the festive too so all in all I was a bit baffled by peoples rage all the time.
You do have to hope that at least this isn’t really deadly for the majority and they can learn a lot of lessons if it happens again at some point. 

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

17 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nippoleon  is hated by many now - I’ve never known a more disliked Scottish  politician 

The art of comedy

Timing

Nucky Thompson

There's no doubt Johnson and all those cretins that attended parties while we were only allowed to meet one person are scumbags, but I feel a bit uncomfortable with the media trotting out all those bereaved families, crying on TV etc.

It's a bit sick and doesn't sit right with me.

47 minutes ago, theshed said:

Yes i read about that show at the Playhouse cancelling. Cant remember it now? I used to go there a lot as managed to gets comps a lot as a mate worked there. Your Mrs and others were probably looking forward to a good night out in miserable Jan and its been taken away. 

26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes i agree. I don't think she would have wanted covid to happen but she's certainly using it to her advantage. As any politician would. It worked at the beginning when even i was impressed with her style and presentation, communication of the rules and reasons behind it all etc. However megalomania set in and she started playing daft games with Boris and that's when the rot set in. I know a lot of people who were admires of her and the SNP , and are no longer now due to how she has been behaving in the last 18 months or so. However these people still want Indy but have went right off her. 

19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye haha and I reckon I’m a bit further doon the road than you too age wise😬
There’s nowhere on the planet where you could go oh well they’ve certainly got it more right than us. Because it’s just not possible to get this right. I was honestly expecting the SG to prolong the ban on the football etc but fair play this time. Did she make a mistake before Christmas and too cautious? Yeah possibly she did but we’ve only really missed one game and I’m looking forward to the derby now and a trip to Perth being arranged last night as well. Ive been going to my local pubs and nothing was overly strict and I mixed freely over the festive too so all in all I was a bit baffled by peoples rage all the time.
You do have to hope that at least this isn’t really deadly for the majority and they can learn a lot of lessons if it happens again at some point. 

You do know busineses such as hotels, bars and restaurants lost a ton of money on the run up to Xmas and New Year? Its not always about football. They are still losing money. My mates restaurant lost £ 10 grand in bookings in December. There was a guy on the news from a hotel who lost quarter of a million in bookings hotel stays etc for his business too. They had " rage" 

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's no doubt Johnson and all those cretins that attended parties while we were only allowed to meet one person are scumbags, but I feel a bit uncomfortable with the media trotting out all those bereaved families, crying on TV etc.

I would actually disagree Nucky. I really think it illustrates the sacrifices ordinary people were forced to make to adhere to the rules. We were meant to be all in it together. We weren't. I found the stories very heart-breaking and I disagreed even then with the policy not to allow close family to see dying relatives. 

On a more humorous note that could have interviewed me about me getting moved on by the bissies at Harrison Park for sitting too long on a bench :) I was furious. 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes i read about that show at the Playhouse cancelling. Cant remember it now? I used to go there a lot as managed to gets comps a lot as a mate worked there. Your Mrs and others were probably looking forward to a good night out in miserable Jan and its been taken away. 

Yes i agree. I don't think she would have wanted covid to happen but she's certainly using it to her advantage. As any politician would. It worked at the beginning when even i was impressed with her style and presentation, communication of the rules and reasons behind it all etc. However megalomania set in and she started playing daft games with Boris and that's when the rot set in. I know a lot of people who were admires of her and the SNP , and are no longer now due to how she has been behaving in the last 18 months or so. However these people still want Indy but have went right off her. 

You do know busineses such as hotels, bars and restaurants lost a ton of money on the run up to Xmas and New Year? Its not always about football. They are still losing money. My mates restaurant lost £ 10 grand in bookings in December. There was a guy on the news from a hotel who lost quarter of a million in bookings hotel stays etc for his business too. They had " rage" 

Fair enough. I don’t enjoy hearing about anyone losing a lot of business I hope it picks up for them soon. 

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know what you mean it sometimes feel over the top…

But a guy I know his mrs had terminal cancer and around the start of the lockdown I can’t remember exactly when now when but was in hospital. Neither him or their two sons were allowed in to see her in her final weeks. Right at the end they demanded to get her home and she nearly died in the ambulance on the way. She got home for one day then passed. Funeral on zoom or whatever it was too. The likes of Johnson etc having parties socially distanced or not is foul man.  Then you see the daily express championing him again. This countries media is deranged man. 

6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

As someone who is double jabbed with a booster lined up … Vax Taxes ???! :wtf: 

World is going mad.

Me too and I agree. 
Although it’s not yet implemented. Going through the courts which will likely kick it to touch 

New research has found that cannabis compounds can prevent infection from the virus that causes covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells.

Toke on people 

Ex member of the SaS

Vax tax and all the other means to force people to get jabbed shows there is more to this than a simple bug. WHY are governments so desperate to get the people jabbed? The line between conspiracy and what happens in the future is very fine.

People seem to forget this is the first minister/SG that allowed hospitals to discharge covid patients into care homes at the start without first testing to see if they were negative. There were conspiracy theorists who claimed this was about reducing the population and how better to get rid of loads of oldies?

Rupert Pupkin
26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The hotel my wife works for lost 100k in Christmas bookings... God knows how much with Hogmanay cancellations..

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

New research has found that cannabis compounds can prevent infection from the virus that causes covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells.

Toke on people 

x7G.gif

5 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Toke on people 

Woo hooo. This has been known for some time :) shame that most joints are around 8 times more cancergenic than one  ciggie. 

5 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

The hotel my wife works for lost 100k in Christmas bookings... God knows how much with Hogmanay cancellations..

Shocking. No apologies either from the SG about this too. 

52 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Completely agree. It is wrong to use the bereaved to almost point score.

It reminds me that on here occasionally someone will try and point score over often celtic in regards to child sexual abuse

Quite for a Vax tax in all honesty as I assume it would be part of a wider proposition where our taxes are scaled based on our likelihood to use the services.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Quite for a Vax tax in all honesty as I assume it would be part of a wider proposition where our taxes are scaled based on our likelihood to use the services.

Harking back to an exchange we had a few days ago, I was listening to a talk radio show the other day and the host mentioned that he felt that the 'higher rate consumers' amongst us are probably the highest paying in direct consumption taxes and therefore should receive preferential treatment from our health and social services, should those taxes raised ever find their way to said services. 

Eat in to help out if you like? 😊

Out of curiosity I scrolled back on this to see what I was up to on 20th May 2020. Shock horror...I didn't even post that day :( 

Portobello was rammed with people

and funny enough Starmer and BJ had PMQs that day where BJ came out on top. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Harking back to an exchange we had a few days ago, I was listening to a talk radio show the other day and the host mentioned that he felt that the 'higher rate consumers' amongst us are probably the highest paying in direct consumption taxes and therefore should receive preferential treatment from our health and social services, should those taxes raised ever find their way to said services. 

Eat in to help out if you like? 😊

It's certainly an argument that could be made. It's too conservative for me though, I'm not really in favour of those who pay the most in taxes getting preferential treatment...which incidentally in that scenario would see those on the Vax tax getting preferential treatment.

I do like the idea of eat in to help out though 👍

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Out of curiosity I scrolled back on this to see what I was up to on 20th May 2020. Shock horror...I didn't even post that day :( 

A rare day indeed 😉

If a vax tax were to be brought in here someone who's been vaccinated but got no protection from being vaccinated doesn't pay and can happily use the NHS and potentially spread covid,whereas an unvaccinated person has to pay tax even though they could be naturally immune and not burden the NHS and continue not spreading covid. 🤷‍♂️

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's certainly an argument that could be made. It's too conservative for me though, I'm not really in favour of those who pay the most in taxes getting preferential treatment...which incidentally in that scenario would see those on the Vax tax getting preferential treatment.

I do like the idea of eat in to help out though 👍

The host was clearly at the shitehousery but it's a cracking argument which could run and run 👍

53 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Completely agree. It is wrong to use the bereaved to almost point score.

It reminds me that on here occasionally someone will try and point score over often celtic in regards to child sexual abuse

Whilst I would normally agree with you but Johnson and the Tory cabal have a history of whitewashing their thieving and lying. On this occasion if the aggrieved are willing then let the public see just how much this has hurt. 
Bluff and bluster, nothing to see here, move along are not going to work this time. Vaccine roll out, the best in the world has had its day in the sun. 

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Toke on people 

I've been testing twice a week for 2 years and never tested positive. At least now I know why! 

Never realised my hobby would make me the Captain Scarlett of the pandemic.

It’s be getting close to the videos and selfies of that fateful day 20/05/2020 to be released. Come on Dominic get your act together. 

By accounts there's a social media fad/craze (don't know where) of the usual type of cretins trying to contract Omicron because they've read too much into it's apparent and (probably under-estimated) 'mildness'.

Best of luck to 'em.  Hopefully they're fully jabbed but I tend to think not.  

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Maybe scale our taxes back on how ofeten we use the nhs 🤷

12 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Maybe scale our taxes back on how ofeten we use the nhs 🤷

I feel confident I would receive a very large rebate.

Taxes right across the board will rise this year and for the next 10 years at the least regardless of which political party ate in power. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )