Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

CavySlaveJambo
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Very true

And Africa, in theory, is where the Oxford University and Astra Zenica vaccine could of had the most benefit.  Because any pharma company with vaccine manufacturing experience could manufacturer it without paying a licensing fee.   Also because they are manufacturing and selling it as not-for-profit it means poorer countries could have procured more doses, either through CoVax, or by themselves, than the for profit vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer etc) 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Has anyone pulled you up in a bar etc asking if you've had the vaccine?

I walk into rammed places as a vaccinated person and it never crosses my mind who else is or who isn't.

No. Me neither.

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've never heard of one person who has given a shit if someone next to them is vaccinated or not 

14 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

That's great.

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Has anyone pulled you up in a bar etc asking if you've had the vaccine?

I walk into rammed places as a vaccinated person and it never crosses my mind who else is or who isn't.

Difference between giving a shit and actually asking someone though. A fairly big one. I suspect the vast majority of rational people in a bar would rather be surrounded by other vaccinated folk. Doubt any of them would go and ask someone though🤷🏻‍♂️

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

I suspect the vast majority of rational people in a bar would rather be surrounded by other vaccinated folk. 

I honestly don't think that most rational people would care

Fancy starting a poll :biggrin2:

1 hour ago, Gordon Zola said:

Nah, try and work it out yourself.

The classic response by anyone that has to deal with the deception claims….

You’ve all been duped

Do your own research 

NWO is taking over 

We’ve all got a mate peddling this pish. 

🙄

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nah think it would be a waste of time. Anyone with half a brain would obviously rather sit in a pub that had the lowest possible risk of catching Covid. Levels of vaccination amongst other pub users wouldn’t impact their choice of pub or even cross their mind at any time while supping their pints but if it was possible to press a magic button and suddenly guaranteed that everyone else in the pub was vaccinated I think anyone in their right mind would push it. Anyone that says they wouldn’t is talking pish imo🤷🏻‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've never heard of one person who has given a shit if someone next to them is vaccinated or not 

I’ll second this. It never crosses my mind. It’s a personal choice if you want to get vaccinated or not in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Nah think it would be a waste of time. Anyone with half a brain would obviously rather sit in a pub that had the lowest possible risk of catching Covid. Levels of vaccination amongst other pub users wouldn’t impact their choice of pub or even cross their mind at any time while supping their pints but if it was possible to press a magic button and suddenly guaranteed that everyone else in the pub was vaccinated I think anyone in their right mind would push it. Anyone that says they wouldn’t is talking pish imo🤷🏻‍♂️

Most folk sitting in the pub after an hour would probably also press your magic button to change their hard wooden stool to have leather backing and fluffy sheep wool padding under their arse but it doesn't mean they care about it.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Most folk sitting in the pub after an hour would probably also press your magic button to change their hard wooden stool to have leather backing and fluffy sheep wool padding under their arse but it doesn't mean they care about it.

:biggrin2:

8 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Why press the button if they don’t care 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Beni said:

Back in the real world, 61 of 600 passengers from South Africa tested positive when they arrived in Amsterdam. It's not known yet how many if any have Omicron, but given that South Africa have only been having daily cases in the hundreds that seems like a very high proportion of inflected people.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/passengers-south-africa-face-wait-covid-19-testing-amsterdam-2021-11-26/

But, when you say "infected", you do realise that according to SA medics, the variant is producing only mild symptoms so far. It could very well be the ultimate variant that ends up, as all Coronaviruses do, as a weak virus that becomes equivalent to the common cold. 

5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

And if they genuinely didn’t care they’d ignore it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It would be like placing a sheet of bubble wrap on the table.

5 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

It would be like placing a sheet of bubble wrap on the table.

Ach it’s a minor point and probably not worth this discussion 😂

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But, when you say "infected", you do realise that according to SA medics, the variant is producing only mild symptoms so far. It could very well be the ultimate variant that ends up, as all Coronaviruses do, as a weak virus that becomes equivalent to the common cold. 

It could well be Enzo. I'm guessing most of the 61 were asymptomatic, so showing no sign of disease 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I haven’t the slightest interest if I’m ina bat and someone is vaccinated or not . It doesn’t even cross my mind .,

22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It will be very interesting to see how this develops.  You have to bear in mind that it's still extremely early days for the people who have identified omicron infections.  It's going to be crucial to see how those cases develop and more and more cases to follow throughout the world.  If it's true that most of these early omicron infections have only resulted in mild symptoms and that largely continues,  it would be pretty damn good,  especially when the low vaccination rate of South Africa is concerned.  If all of this speculation proved to be the case,  it would seem advantageous that this variant is proved more transmissible because it would surely outgun Delta.  

Next few weeks will surely yield some important news.  Either way.

Edited by Victorian

Nucky Thompson
Just now, JamesM48 said:

I haven’t the slightest interest if I’m ina bat and someone is vaccinated or not . It doesn’t even cross my mind .,

You would have to be seriously paranoid to give a shit and you shouldn't be going out in public if you did

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It will be very interesting to see how this develops.  You have to bear in mind that it's still extremely early days for the people who have identified omicron infections.  It's going to be crucial to see how those cases develop and more and more cases to follow throughout the world.  If it's true that most of these early omicron infections have only resulted in mild symptoms and that largely continues,  it would be pretty damn good,  especially when the low vaccination rate of South Africa is concerned.  If all of this speculation proved to be the case,  it would seem advantageous that this variant is proved more transmissible because it would surely outgun Delta.  

Next few weeks will surely yield some important news.  Either way.

Yes, let's hope so. Interesting few weeks ahead.👍

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You would have to be seriously paranoid to give a shit and you shouldn't be going out in public if you did

Yep 👍 

There’s a great programme on bbc2 just now about Freddie Mercury it’s mainly focussing on that last pandemic .AIDS . It’s very interesting .,

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nah not that simple, there’s a million shades of grey in there. If I was standing at a busy bar trying to get served with someone pressed up against either side of me it might cross my mind whether they were vaccinated or possibly infected given the close proximity. It wouldn’t overly bother me though and there’s feck all I can really do about it anyway. It certainly wouldn’t make me move or lose my place in the queue. That all seems fairly rational to me and a million miles from paranoid behaviour like scrubbing down your groceries 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, let's hope so. Interesting few weeks ahead.👍

:Agree:  The companies with advertising space on all manner of digital media platforms will be getting their money's worth.

It would be incredibly ironic if this startling turn of events ended up being something really promising.  Maybe it's unrealistic wishful thinking.

The Chinese / Americans / lizard people of Zog have pushed the 'Stand Down' button on their biological bots.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:Agree:  The companies with advertising space on all manner of digital media platforms will be getting their money's worth.

It would be incredibly ironic if this startling turn of events ended up being something really promising.  Maybe it's unrealistic wishful thinking.

The Chinese / Americans / lizard people of Zog have pushed the 'Stand Down' button on their biological bots.

😂😂

14 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Nah not that simple, there’s a million shades of grey in there. If I was standing at a busy bar trying to get served with someone pressed up against either side of me it might cross my mind whether they were vaccinated or possibly infected given the close proximity. It wouldn’t overly bother me though and there’s feck all I can really do about it anyway. It certainly wouldn’t make me move or lose my place in the queue. That all seems fairly rational to me and a million miles from paranoid behaviour like scrubbing down your groceries 👍🏻

0DA5CF3A-7F9E-4167-8742-45722945A776.gif

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

There’s a great programme on bbc2 just now about Freddie Mercury it’s mainly focussing on that last pandemic .AIDS . It’s very interesting .,

And the similarities are what?

56 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It was a wonderful film, James, but so terribly sad. Both my wife and me were in tears when the poor man visited his partner as he was dying of AIDS and absolutely terrified.

I am of the age who remembers when AIDS arrived and it was a terrible time with terrible attitudes. 

I wont lie. My attitude back then was probably not the best, due to ignorance, immaturity and a bit of fear. 

I'm glad that attitudes have changed for the better.

Yes it was a great film . Yes brought back a lot of memories for me too . It was a scary time really . Incredible to think it’s almost curable really as it was a death sentence for millions back then . Yes many Victims were shunned due to the stigma of contracting it . Mercury was a great performer . He really was . And it was very sad about George Michael losing his partner . I don’t think he ever got over it really ? 

2 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And the similarities are what?

Actually your right the only similarity was it was they were both pandemics but no One really gave a **** about those who were dying from aids as it was “ Only “ “ queers “ “junkies”  , blacks and “ pros” who died from it ! 

The Mighty Thor

I came into this thread today expecting to see wide spread condemnation of Spaffer and the announcement of these extreme measures and impositions on the people of England and indeed the UK. 

Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

I'm surprised, especially given the hysteria from our resident public health experts last week when Elsie McSelfie/Krankie/Chief Mammy (TOP BANTZ) was making her 'no change' announcement. 

Bizarre isn't it?

You'd think it was less about public health and more about politics? 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I came into this thread today expecting to see wide spread condemnation of Spaffer and the announcement of these extreme measures and impositions on the people of England and indeed the UK. 

Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

I'm surprised, especially given the hysteria from our resident public health experts last week when Elsie McSelfie/Krankie/Chief Mammy (TOP BANTZ) was making her 'no change' announcement. 

Bizarre isn't it?

Not a word from our resident snp haters

18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Bizarre isn't it?

To be as fair as possible,  the recent news did come as a bit of a particularly serious jolt.  I think anyone,  anti-SNP or otherwise,  probably realised there was going to have to be some government reaction to it.  To that end,  why would anyone complain or lambast?  

Another thing is that,  I suspect anyway,  that some lessons are being learned across the divides.  I think more close and dispassionate consideration is being paid to information that comes along.  I detect less hysteria and more reason.

40 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

extreme measures and impositions on the people of England and indeed the UK. 

Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

which ones ?  a piece of cloth maybe mandatory in certain places ? 

PCR after coming from abroad ? 

least its not this 

still NO VP and no plans for them .  Now thats an extreme imposition if applied 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

least its not this 

You sure about that?

Remember it was only 2 weeks ago there was no need for any plan B measures. 

It's all up for grabs as Spaffer has Christmas to save. Again. 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You sure about that?

You didn't hear Ellsie this morning then ? She said travel restrictions may  " have to go further" than those decreed by Boris last night ?  She's at it again...its so boring now. She even mentioned not ruling out   restrictions the English / Scottish border.  Playing to the muppets yet again...However to be fair to her she was also quite measured saying its a moving scenario which it is as such but the earlier rhetoric is just sabre rattling which i thought we had gone passed now. 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

least its not this 

Sajid Javid 'We're nowhere near imposing social distancing Covid rules'

Elsie and her minions will be spewing 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You didn't hear Ellsie this morning then ? She said travel restrictions may  " have to go further" than those decreed by Boris last night ?  She's at it again...its so boring now. She even mentioned not ruling out   restrictions the English / Scottish border.  Playing to the muppets yet again...However to be fair to her she was also quite measured saying its a moving scenario which it is as such but the earlier rhetoric is just sabre rattling which i thought we had gone passed now. 

I never heard her. As soon as I saw her face on Andrew Marr I switched over.

I knew she would be on sabre rattling.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Bizarre isn't it?

They're probably still in their bed.

The Mighty Thor
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So right now as of today Johnson has reintroduced masks (not that he ever wears one) and now you have to get a PCR on return to the UK? 

What's Sturgeon done? Nothing. No change. 

Thanks. 

Seymour M Hersh
47 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You sure about that?

Top Bantz to coin a phrase. 

49 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You sure about that?

did we know about the omicron variant two weeks ago

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic