Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

But in general you don't seem to be in favour of restrictions to deal with Covid.

I don't see the similarity from that perspective. 

My recollection is also that there were extensive adverts about how to avoid Aids.

You're right to the extent there was a lunatic fringe who thought only "queers" or "junkies" could get it.

You're not going to catch aids walking down a supermarket aisle, unlike covid which is a major difference in terms of precautions to reduce the spread.

Nucky Thompson
57 minutes ago, steve123 said:

6 cases of new variant found in Scotland...

To be expected.

No need to panic, but I'm sure Elsie will. overreact 

William H. Bonney
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

To be expected.

No lockdown but I can see hospitality trading hours being curbed again. 
I hope not though. 

She better not get up there and give a concise update on the current situation. She also better not set out any changes clearly and specifically. 😡

If she doesn’t go off on a tangent about CBeebies land, do some vehicle impressions, use some daft analogy or throw in some latin phrases then I will be raging! 🤬

5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

She better not get up there and give a concise update on the current situation. She also better not set out any changes clearly and specifically. 😡

If she doesn’t go off on a tangent about CBeebies land, do some vehicle impressions, use some daft analogy or throw in some latin phrases then I will be raging! 🤬

"6 cases of the new mutation have been detected in Scotland. I would like the nation to reflect on the following question : what's the story balamory?"

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Whatever proportionate and appropriate actions she takes you can be sure that the critical thinking public health experts on here will take it in good grace. 

:gok:

None of the 6 Weegie plaguers have any links to travel from South Africa.  It's community transmission.  There's probably hundreds or even thousands of cases in the UK already.  It was going to get in anyway.  The sooner they get to study whether or not it's clobbering Delta the better.  

The Pretorian doctor hasn't changed her information about symptoms.  Still seeing mild illness but it will take a few weeks to see how it progresses.  

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

None of the 6 Weegie plaguers have any links to travel from South Africa.  It's community transmission.  There's probably hundreds or even thousands of cases in the UK already.  It was going to get in anyway.  The sooner they get to study whether or not it's clobbering Delta the better.  

The Pretorian doctor hasn't changed her information about symptoms.  Still seeing mild illness but it will take a few weeks to see how it progresses.  

She also said that it could have been in the UK for a while and we hadn't noticed it because we were so focused on Delta.

If it has been in the UK for a while amidst the decreasing deaths and hospitalisations, then that's a good thing

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

She also said that it could have been in the UK for a while and we hadn't noticed it because we were so focused on Delta.

If it has been in the UK for a while amidst the decreasing deaths and hospitalisations, then that's a good thing

Can't be too long otherwise the UK's genomic sequencing would have tippled it before now.  Maybe a few weeks at the most.  You would think anyway.  

9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Love that expression.

So do i 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

This seems counter-intuitive. They want people to wear masks but won't let them in to buy them, despite presumably selling them. Somewhere has to be the place that lets you in took buy one.

Really they should just be available foc upon entry but that's a slightly different topic.

I would have just left the place. and to think those businesses are meant to be desperate for trade after lockdowns. they can gtf

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Sturgeon speaking at 10.30

I knew it Even im surprised how quick she has convened a briefing. She really cant help herself. 

44 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

To be expected.

You can be sure she will over react. 

14 minutes ago, Herbert said:

She's a prick.

Thata a useful thing. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Can't be too long otherwise the UK's genomic sequencing would have tippled it before now.  Maybe a few weeks at the most.  You would think anyway.  

You would think so. 

South Africa also have a good genomic sequencing system, but the only reason they found this is because people were presenting to this doctor with unusual, mild symptoms.

We'll find out soon enough 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You would think so. 

South Africa also have a good genomic sequencing system, but the only reason they found this is because people were presenting to this doctor with unusual, mild symptoms.

We'll find out soon enough 

It might be that it being identified,  here or elsewhere,  has been delayed because of a larger volume of mild symptoms.  Because most of these have been assumed to be colds or other bugs and people haven't sought tests.

11 hours ago, milky_26 said:

an australian born in oman is not eligible for miss bathgate

who is she ? 

9 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Up to 90?

It means a raised temperature.. high bloody pressure as in being angry 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You can certainly be sure that we'll see overreaction

Yes a over raction from her and her Govt. 

38 minutes ago, Victorian said:

is there any chance they were at the scotland south africa rugby match a couple of weeks ago?

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

is there any chance they were at the scotland south africa rugby match a couple of weeks ago?

I think they said no known South African travel links.  It's immaterial anyway.  It's here and was always going to be here.

37 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Been in England for at least nine days going by reports today

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It means a raised temperature.. high bloody pressure as in being angry 

Never heard of it before. Suppose it makes sense and ties in with “reaching boiling point”👍🏻

Never heard of it before. Suppose it makes sense and ties in with “reaching boiling point”👍🏻

Up to 99 is the one I know, just shy of boiling point

Yes it does and a thermometer too i guess. 

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

France fans travelling over accelerated the first wave too!

Rugby fans eh? Erseholes

Just now, Jeff said:

France fans travelling over accelerated the first wave too!

Rugby fans eh? Erseholes

probably bloody young south african students ....those students....is it back to the blame game again ??? :) 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

isla fisher

Never heard of her. Is she related to Carrie Princess Liea ?  :) 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

probably bloody young south african students ....those students....is it back to the blame game again ??? :) 

Bet they went for a pint before the game aswell!

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Bet they went for a pint before the game aswell!

Bloody students drinking and spreading their germs to the vulnerable and elderly. Selfish. 😮 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Bloody students drinking and spreading their germs to the vulnerable and elderly. Selfish. 😮 

You missed out the egg chasing part

Key focus from BBC Scotland and NS that it’s too soon to know anything for certain and that nothing needs to really change just now. Sensible 👍🏻

Key focus from BBC Scotland and NS that it’s too soon to know anything for certain and that nothing needs to really change just now. Sensible 👍🏻

Waiting for Celtic to go top of the league before shutting everything down

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

So nothing then? Nada. Zilch.

Luckily no frillies were being pished ahead of this announcement. 

Two press conferences in a row where Elsie Krankie has provided ‘oeuf sur le visage’ action for the haters on here👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

Two press conferences in a row where Elsie Krankie has provided ‘oeuf sur le visage’ action 👍🏻

Doubt that. The ending of Furlough changed any response's to covid. Particularly before Xmas it would have been madness to introduce any serious restrictions . I knew she would just follow in the steps of BJ  really :) 

Nucky Thompson

Proposing a four nation report to tougher travel rules.

She can't wait to shut businesses down. 

Getting treasury help if needed :vrface:

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Just waiting for James's overreaction to Adolfa's underreaction.  

You wont believe this but I knew there would be no new restrictions . I knew she would just reiterate exactly what BJ had said on Saturday and just repeat the same safety info.  cleaning hands bla bla bla. Its the speed of the briefing which surprised me more than anything. I didn't think she surfaced until after mid day really 😮 Im surprised you think its an undereaction ?  It seems rather sensible to me. Its the media which will go over the top....here we gooooooooo

Full of contempt at what was about to happen, full of contempt that nothing happened 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Smithee

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic