Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Proposing a four nation report to tougher travel rules.

She can't wait to shut businesses down. 

Getting treasury help if needed :vrface:

Yes i noticed that., Begging bowl out again. No wonder some English think the jocks are scroungers. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I knew she would just follow in the steps of BJ  really :) 

:orly?:

👇🏻
👇🏻

👇🏻

59 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Even im surprised how quick she has convened a briefing. She really cant help herself. 

You can be sure she will over react. 

:jjyay:

Just now, Dazo said:

You were more amusing when you were pretending to be a teacher. Tedious has taken over you Alex. 🥲

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

You wont believe this but I knew there would be no new restrictions . I knew she would just reiterate exactly what BJ had said on Saturday and just repeat the same safety info.  cleaning hands bla bla bla. Its the speed of the briefing which surprised me more than anything. I didn't think she surfaced until after mid day really 😮 Im surprised you think its an undereaction ?  It seems rather sensible to me. Its the media which will go over the top....here we gooooooooo

You can't claim you knew nothing would happen while you moaned about the impending overreaction

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

:orly?:

👇🏻
👇🏻

👇🏻

:jjyay:

oh you cant help yourself can you ?  dearie me. the king of copy and paste. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You wont believe this but I knew there would be no new restrictions . I knew she would just reiterate exactly what BJ had said on Saturday and just repeat the same safety info.  cleaning hands bla bla bla. Its the speed of the briefing which surprised me more than anything. I didn't think she surfaced until after mid day really 😮 Im surprised you think its an undereaction ?  It seems rather sensible to me. Its the media which will go over the top....here we gooooooooo

You said she would overreact.  

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Fill of contemp at what was about to happen, full of contempt that nothing happened 🤷‍♂️

The rage at her putting provisional plans in place in case Omicron turns out to be a serious threat :rofl:

“Prepare for the worst, hope for the best” 👍🏻

Just now, Smithee said:

You can't claim you knew nothing would happen while you moaned about the impending overreaction

whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fill of contemp at what was about to happen, full of contempt that nothing happened 🤷‍♂️

its contempt actually 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

You said she would overreact.  

Ok i was wrong . But she is threatening to over react. LOL 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

oh you cant help yourself can you ?  dearie me. the king of copy and paste. 

Oh you can’t help yourself can you? Dearie me. The king of backpedaling u-turns.

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

its contempt actually 

Not sure you’re in a position to highlight anyone else’s spelling or grammar James 😳

Anywayyyyy...

I thought there was a hint and a wink towards an optimistic possibility in there.  I think she hinted towards the early possibility of a better disease profile. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I corrected it, you're still all over the place

I had a 50/50 chance of being right she would over react. I then could have gleefully say i told you all so. However it also ran the risk of being wrong and having to admit i was wrong. Thats how i think... I took a gamble...its only a football forum you know...:) 

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not sure you’re in a position to highlight anyone else’s spelling or grammar James 😳

Oh sorry forgot you were/ are a teacher. I stand corrected. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Anywayyyyy...

I thought there was a hint and a wink towards an optimistic possibility in there.  I think she hinted towards the early possibility of a better disease profile. 

Yeah it was a balanced statement. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Glad they’ve thought ahead and got treasury support lined up should things go pear shaped. Removed so much uncertainty for businesses, sole traders and employees knowing it’s already lined up. 👍🏻

Just now, JamesM48 said:

I had a 50/50 chance of being right she would over react. I then could have gleefully say i told you all so. However it also ran the risk of being wrong and having to admit i was wrong. Thats how i think... I took a gamble...its only a football forum you know...:) 

50/50 2 way option and you chose to cling to one like a limpet to a rock 🤷‍♂️ 

There's nothing wrong with not offering a cast iron opinion if you don't have a cast iron opinion

1 hour ago, William H. Bonney said:

No lockdown but I can see hospitality trading hours being curbed again. 
I hope not though. 

We might have to. It might share similar characteristics with previous variants.

Alpha was well known in the earlier part of this year to leave diners unfettered until 8pm but then afterwards it would stalk the streets looking for those who dared challenge it by dining out after the 8pm watershed.

That James Matthews needs a kick to the baws...Oh NO Nicola asked to cancel Santa....she wouldnt dare would she ??? FFS its like a very bad episode of " Black mirror" DO people actualy really need that level of state dictats????????????/ OH i forgot it is Scotland  and shes the chief mammy 

Were 👍🏻

were ? why not now ? Your  a young guy? Im sure you were very inspiring and a positive role model. 

That James Matthews needs a kick to the baws...Oh NO Nicola asked to cancel Santa....she wouldnt dare would she ??? FFS its like a very bad episode of " Black mirror" DO people actualy really need that level of state dictats????????????/ OH i forgot it is Scotland  and shes the chief mammy 

FFS James. Go and have a lie down before you combust 🤣

Just now, JamesM48 said:

were ? why not now ? Your  a young guy? Im sure you were very inspiring and a positive role model. 

It's you're actually.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

50/50 2 way option and you chose to cling to one like a limpet to a rock 🤷‍♂️ 

There's nothing wrong with not offering a cast iron opinion if you don't have a cast iron opinion

NO i was thinking that the briefing could have went either way but decided not to say that cause suprise surprise i tend to play to the same script i have played all through this. 

Yeah it was a balanced statement. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Glad they’ve thought ahead and got treasury support lined up should things go pear shaped. Removed so much uncertainty for businesses, sole traders and employees knowing it’s already lined up. 👍🏻

I think there's a thinking in there that a better case scenario is a distinct possibility.  

If the theorised change in pathology comes to pass,  the current alert will abate.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

NO i was thinking that the briefing could have went either way but decided not to say that cause suprise surprise i tend to play to the same script i have played all through this. 

So no one should take your opinion seriously?

(Not ALL the way BTW)

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

FFS James. Go and have a lie down before you combust 🤣

Im already lying down in my kip. I never surface until after 12 when off work... 

image-23-10-21-06-56-7.gif

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Im already lying down in my kip. I never surface until after 12 when off work... 

image-23-10-21-06-56-7.gif

Have another **** then, you're no ready!

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Proposing a four nation report to tougher travel rules.

She can't wait to shut businesses down. 

Getting treasury help if needed 

1) yes

2) that's only your opinion

3) perfectly reasonable request

I'm sure that there would be complaints from some posters had she not spoken about the Omicron cases detected in Scotland.  Now that she has, but with no immediate changes, some still wish to portray that the SG wants to shut businesses down.

I'll tell you what the SG wants.  It wants Covid to disappear up its own arse, remove all restrictions and let everyone get back to normal. If you don't believe that then you are allowing you political leanings to cloud your judgement.

Edited by Footballfirst

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So no one should take your opinion seriously?

(Not ALL the way BTW)

Yeah im playing to the gallery really . Maybe im at the wind up?  No one has thought that 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yeah im playing to the gallery really . Maybe im at the wind up?  No one has thought that 

Happy to assume that from now on!

James.  Have a banana and couple of asprin.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

1) yes

I'm sure that there would be complaints from some posters had she not spoken about the Omicron cases detected in Scotland.  Now that she has, but with no immediate changes, some still wish to portray that the SG wants to shut businesses down.

I'll tell you what the SG wants.  It wants Covid to disappear up its own arse, remove all restrictions and let everyone get back to normal. If you don't believe that then you are allowing you political leanings to cloud your judgements.

She could single-handedly broker world peace while curing cancer and still be Elsie Krankie to the haters.

4 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Great Monday morning banter lads :gok:

I know im having a real laugh actually. Brightened up my morning after the other half left......... 😮  Its top bantz 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

1) yes

I'll tell you what the SG wants.  It wants Covid to disappear up its own arse, remove all restrictions and let everyone get back to normal. If you don't believe that then you are allowing you political leanings to cloud your judgements.

Fair enough.

I get the feeling that she has not had it confirmed that she has treasury backing,  maybe just been told verbally?

There was a commentator earlier who said that the virus has has forced us down the worst case scenario road every time there's a twist.  That's not true.  Beta was found to be very likely to reduce vaccine efficacy but it died via natural selection.  Delta paggered it.  Delta is said to be less impactful on vaccines.

We got a win with Delta killing Beta.  If it can happen once then it can happen again.  If Omicron is a pathological sap,  it's better if it runs faster than Delta.

Just now, Victorian said:

There was a commentator earlier who said that the virus has has forced us down the worst case scenario road every time there's a twist.  That's not true.  Beta was found to be very likely to reduce vaccine efficacy but it died via natural selection.  Delta paggered it.  Delta is said to be less impactful on vaccines.

We got a win with Delta killing Beta.  If it can happen once then it can happen again.  If Omicron is a pathological sap,  it's better if it runs faster than Delta.

The instigation of Omicron parties, perhaps? ;)

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Happy to assume that from now on!

👍

5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yes, I was a teacher. Told you that already. 👍🏻

👍

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

James.  Have a banana and couple of asprin.

image-23-10-21-11-03-1.gif

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic