Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Unfortunately I think this will do them more good than bad. 

Personally I have big doubts . I would not like it to happen to us 

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Time will tell. Depends on the guys motive. 

Yip . I suppose his motives are to have a successful Bournemouth team and not have to worry about financial fair play . Not sure what other motives he can have really 

Bazzas right boot

£10-£15m extra season spent on players/ wages would completely transform a club like purs or hibs.

It's not a ot of money in footballing terms, will all depend on his motives tho.

Sounds like Hibs are in the Shit to me.

Why on earth would you want to become one of these pyramid clubs where you get players forced on you, your style of play is dictated. Its basically agreeing to becoming a club for trialists to go through the motions.

Fine if your at the top of the pyramid, but absolutely horrendous below it. Unless you need the money because your 8n the Shit of course  😉

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Sounds like Hibs are in the Shit to me.

Why on earth would you want to become one of these pyramid clubs where you get players forced on you, your style of play is dictated. Its basically agreeing to becoming a club for trialists to go through the motions.

Fine if your at the top of the pyramid, but absolutely horrendous below it. Unless you need the money because your 8n the Shit of course  😉

This is far closer to what I think . I think that 30 % may suddenly leap up the way in a while 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

£10-£15m extra season spent on players/ wages would completely transform a club like purs or hibs.

It's not a ot of money in footballing terms, will all depend on his motives tho.

No danger the guy has already said he thinks they wont need much investment.But if he did aye that kind of spend if invested right would have a team challenging for the league here imo.

Just now, Sooks said:

This is far closer to what I think . I think that 30 % may suddenly leap up the way in a while 

Dont think it will help Bournemouth with ffp either. Basically becoming a feeder club.

I'd also say Foley hasn't done his due diligence on the Scottish league.

Maybe he just wants a club with more fans than Bournemouth on his CV and Hibs where the cheapest option.

I think it is purely down to FFP . He can not just spunk endless millions on Bournemouth so he buys a few other clubs and uses them to shuttle players about instead of paying big fees

Dont financial fair play rules scupper the idea of billionaires turning small clubs into footballing behemoths?

Isnt the level of percentage of revenue that can be spent on wages meant to drop over the next few seasons as well.

It isn't sustainable to throw money at clubs like Hibs or even us as we don't have the ability nor fan base to generate the levels of income required to maintain a squad of expensive players.

Just now, innerjambo said:

Romanov and Lithuanian players, springs to mind.

We were the top of that pyramid and it brought us Zal , Jankauskas , Fyssas and a few other top players though . Remains to be seen what happens at Hibs but they must be the third club in the pyramid behind Lorient and Bournemouth

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think it is purely down to FFP . He can not just spunk endless millions on Bournemouth so he buys a few other clubs and uses them to shuttle players about instead of paying big fees

Don't think it can really work like that. If the player is EPL standard, then thats where he goes. Cant see him being able to buy a player using Hibs as the cover then loaning him to Bournemouth.

EPL player deals are starting at £10m, funnelling that amount of cash through Hibs accounts will not end well.

Its a feeder club and only if your skint would you agree imo.

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

No danger the guy has already said he thinks they wont need much investment.But if he did aye that kind of spend if invested right would have a team challenging for the league here imo.

Very much doubt he will contribute as much as James Anderson has for us. They might spend it better though.

Pasquale for King

They said they were going to conquer the world when Ron the Con took over.

I doubt if they’ll be happy to be seen as a feeder club for team with a 10k stadium. 

Lets see where this goes, i think there are rules about how many loans you can get from one club also. 

FTH, always. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, R9. said:

Will this be similar to there Brighton deal and we got there under 23 captain 😂😂😂😂

They got eh . . . ehm .  . . Nae ***** 🤪

14 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Don't think it can really work like that. If the player is EPL standard, then thats where he goes. Cant see him being able to buy a player using Hibs as the cover then loaning him to Bournemouth.

EPL player deals are starting at £10m, funnelling that amount of cash through Hibs accounts will not end well.

Its a feeder club and only if your skint would you agree imo.

No I am not sure about the specifics of all that stuff either , but every time I read his words it is quite clear that all he gives a shit about is Bournemouth . What is good for Hibs just does not factor . I guess it would not really be loans so much as just transferring players with little or no fee needing to be paid . As I say I do not really understand the specifics of how these things work though 

Folk thinking Hibs will become like Girona.How many of these pyramid clubs are actually doing well ? And is it even really a priority if they do well if they ain't at the top of the pyramid ?

Just now, indianajones said:

We don't know what it means. Hibs fans don't know what it means. 

Wait and see I suppose. 

Yip . Obviously I hope it is a complete disaster . Remains to be seen though . Bloody weird scenario when the club at the top of the pyramid is a not particularly great club historically and gets smaller crowds than the third team 

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Where is the £10 to £15m coming from ? 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yip . Obviously I hope it is a complete disaster . Remains to be seen though . Bloody weird scenario when the club at the top of the pyramid is a not particularly great club historically and gets smaller crowds than the third team 

This time in two years it'll still read Hanlon and Stevenson on the starting team sheet. 

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We were the top of that pyramid and it brought us Zal , Jankauskas , Fyssas and a few other top players though . Remains to be seen what happens at Hibs but they must be the third club in the pyramid behind Lorient and Bournemouth

We certainly inherited some real gems, but also a lot of dross.

kingantti1874

It’ll be interesting to see how it goes, Scottish football needs to do something to stay relevant.  But I  can’t see an investment of £10-£15m per annum. They would be breaching FFP for a start.  I haven’t seen that number written anywhere other than forums so will believe it when I see it.  

if it is a success other clubs will do the same and we will be top of the list. 

7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We certainly inherited some real gems, but also a lot of dross.

I suspect Bournemouth and Lorient fans will be saying the latter a fair bit in a few years time 😄

Could be good for them, could be shite. Time will tell.

You'd think being lower down the pyramid would be detrimental, but it's not doing Girona any harm being below Man City in the City group. 

fabienleclerq

Hibs don't have a single player Bournemouth would want, so if they are to be a feeder club then you'd imagine he'll be funding better players? Otherwise what's the point?

It's all a bit Diddy imo but if they get a better 11 on the park they won't care.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I suspect Bournemouth and Lorient fans will be saying the latter a fair bit in a few years time 😄

I'll drink to that....... 🥃

They guys worth about £1.5b so I wouldn't think spending £1m on a player that may improve enough to move up to EPL or Championship would not be a gamblefor him. Even if they don't make EPL level they could be sold for a profit. I would expect to see considerable investment in Hibs with this announcement. As other have said they guy won't want to buy a stake in Hibs if they are to stay with the same level of player they have. Let's be honest here we would bite your arm off to have a billionaire with stake in our club. Unfortunately we will have to suffice with funds being wasted on players that simply don't improve us. Shopping at pound land you might find a gem but 90% of of the time the cheaper product will let you down.

Edited by Philfigo

8 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

They guys worth about £1.5b so I wouldn't think spending £1m on a player that may improve enough to move up to EPL or Championship would not be a gamblefor him. Even if they don't make EPL level they could be sold for a profit. I would expect to see considerable investment in Hibs with this announcement. As other have said they guy won't want to buy a stake in Hibs if they are to stay with the same level of player they have. Let's be honest here we would bite your arm off to have a billionaire with stake in our club. Unfortunately we will have to suffice with funds being wasted on players that simply don't improve us. Shopping at pound land you might find a gem but 90% of of the time the cheaper product will let you down.

I can honestly say without a even a grain of dishonesty that I would hate if this was happening to Hearts 

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'd have thought Hibs fans should be very wary about this. 

I think they will be in private . In public however they need to try and appear confident 

I hope this is a huge success for them. As mentioned, the miracle being created by Girona in La Liga shows what can be done. I only say i hope it works for them, as I suspect a thriving Hibernian may be the only thing we can hope that will spur our Board into upping their game as we are underperforming in every aspect of football operations and it needs to change.

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Cambo said:

I hope this is a huge success for them. As mentioned, the miracle being created by Girona in La Liga shows what can be done. I only say i hope it works for them, as I suspect a thriving Hibernian may be the only thing we can hope that will spur our Board into upping their game as we are underperforming in every aspect of football operations and it needs to change.

😁 aye right. 

Cheating surely? Or are they a shower of hypocritical ****s?

7 minutes ago, Cambo said:

I hope it is a massive disaster 

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )