Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

10 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Hey Thelma, that Costa's one smart guy! 

Get yer macaroons. 

Booster. Booster roll up and get your booster.

So you pay attention to any science that confirms your biases, but put your fingers in your ears and shout when it doesn't, got you now.

I watched the video yesterday, but as you're new to science it's worth pointing out to you that what he's discussing isn't a scientific paper, it's just the abstract from an unpublished paper which hasn't been through the peer review process.

If there's anything in the paper if/when it's eventually published and peer reviewed that warrants further study then it will be done. That's the strength of looking for evidence rather than things that confirm your prejudices.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2SH1HN 

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/8667a706?hs_amp=true 

Edited by Beni

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh

Witty now saying this new variant is less worrying than the Delta one was and as far as I remember that was a bit of a damp squib. Spread easily yes but was not overly destructive. 

Double jabbed yesterday, no effect on me whatsoever yet, not even a sore arm on either the booster or the flu side. Had virtually no reaction for the first two jabs either. Am I one of the placebos in a worldwide experiment? ;)

3 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

We're going into lockdown again, aren't we.

Possibly. Unless your working class, in which case you'll have to keep working as part of the supply chain delivering goods to the middle classes hiding at home.

Nucky Thompson

The scientists and experts seem to be giving off positive vibes this morning :thumbsup:

61 out of 600 passengers arriving into Amsterdam from South Africa yesterday tested positive.

I'm presuming none of them had any symptoms or they wouldn't have travelled.

Maybe this variant is a lot more asymptomatic and causes less severe disease 

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Possibly. Unless your working class, in which case you'll have to keep working as part of the supply chain delivering goods to the middle classes hiding at home.

For rubbish wages too. The pandemic hasn't brought the social changes I thought it could.

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Double jabbed yesterday, no effect on me whatsoever yet, not even a sore arm on either the booster or the flu side. Had virtually no reaction for the first two jabs either. Am I one of the placebos in a worldwide experiment? ;)

Bill Gates, the Rothschilds & the Deep State must have special plans for you my friend.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Bill Gates, the Rothschilds & the Deep State must have special plans for you my friend.

And I will thwart those plans!

Tin_Foil_Hat.jpg

I think scientists' reasoning in saying that they're less concerned about Omicron than they were about Alpha and Delta is that Omicron has come along when we're quite a bit further down the road of vaccination coverage.  Very few were vaccinated at the time of Alpha.  Delta was very transmissible and quickly became dominant but it also yielded a benefit in that it eliminated Beta which was shown to partially escape vaccinations.  

If they're saying this on the basis of Omicron being less concerning,  specifically because of vaccine mitigation,  the implication I suspect is that the scientists may believe that the factor of vaccine escape by Omicron will be limited.  If there was a belief that the factor of vaccine escape will be substantial then I don't see a reason for scientists to make confident predictions.

At the moment,  between the lines,  these predictions appear to be quite positive.

I’m going to stay calm for now until I see Sturgeon starting to follow the science by wearing a FFP3 mask or surgical mask instead of her cheeky wee tartan number.

It’s bunker down time when that happens.

The Real Maroonblood
51 minutes ago, redjambo said:

👍🍺🍷

36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And I will thwart those plans!

Tin_Foil_Hat.jpg

Not sure a homemade foil hat will work, maybe you should ask one of our resident 'we know the truth' posters, what they use and where they bought it. 👍

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I always wondered what a placebo looked like. 

:D Spot on, of course Seymour. I wouldn't be the placebo, I would be a member of the control group being given placebos.

But if I were an actual placebo, I would look like that.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:D Spot on, of course Seymour. I wouldn't be the placebo, I would be a member of the control group being given placebos.

But if I were an actual placebo, I would look like that.

:levein_interesting:

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not sure a homemade foil hat will work, maybe you should ask one of our resident 'we know the truth' posters, what they use and where they bought it. 👍

But I only buy quality tin foil. Good point though. Can anyone help out?

DSC_4938-e1426181978460.jpg

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:levein_interesting:

Only on the lower fringes of course. I don't do any of the actual controlling, I just act as a part-time consultant.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

https://tinfoilcap.co/     :facepalm:

Best seller with 5G protection built in.  :rofl:

Great find!

I'm a wee bit concerned though. What will happen when they introduce 6G? I prefer my tin foil hats to be future proof.

Great find!

I'm a wee bit concerned though. What will happen when they introduce 6G? I prefer my tin foil hats to be future proof.

extra inserts will be available to help futureproof the shielding

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

extra inserts will be available to help futureproof the shielding

In that case, I'm in!

I did say on Thursday night that this new variant was nowt to worry about . Seems I was right . Dr Jimbob 

Just now, Jeff said:

Why wouldnt I?

You've been reeled in. :) Stand by for Coronavirus misinformation #3451 - that the creator of the PCR test said that his own test was meaningless, a claim now well debunked since it is almost as old as the virus itself. A point to Gorgonzola for rehashing old crap.

You've been reeled in. :) Stand by for Coronavirus misinformation #3451 - that the creator of the PCR test said that his own test was meaningless, a claim now well debunked since it is almost as old as the virus itself. A point to Gorgonzola for rehashing old crap.

So you don't trust the science?

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I did say on Thursday night that this new variant was nowt to worry about . Seems I was right . Dr Jimbob 

Aye but to be realistic,  it was nothing more than a hopeful guess.  Sometimes the roulette wheel produces a red number result Jeemsy.

We're not at the "nowt to worry about" stage in any case.  We are at the 'less to worry less about' stage.  Which is an improvement since yesterday.

Regret going out for brunch now I know omicron is in England. Surely will have been my last Eggs Royale ☠️

Edited by Taffin

37 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

So you don't trust the scientist that invented the test? 

The quote you posted I believe is actually from someone else talking about aids/hiv and was in 1996. The context you are claiming is wrong. 

Some expert on Sky News just now said, that he's had it confirmed by colleagues in South Africa that every person in hospital with this new variant is either unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic