Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Some expert on Sky News just now said, that he's had it confirmed by colleagues in South Africa that every person in hospital with this new variant is either unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated.

South Africa has a low level of vaccination so it's not a clear indicator.  But it's not a bad indicator.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Omicron, an anagram of moronic.- you'd need to be to believe this shit! 

9 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Our heteronomy

Too subtle? :whistling:

1 hour ago, Gordon Zola said:

So you don't trust the science?

Of course I trust the science, I just don't trust your twisted interpretation of it. As I said before, this had been debunked countless times. Please try and keep up and come up with fresher material if you're going to play your conspiracy game.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Of course I trust the science, I just don't trust your twisted interpretation of it. As I said before, this had been debunked countless times. Please try and keep up and come up with fresher material if you're going to play your conspiracy game.

But you don't trust the scientist who invented the PCR test?

And i'm not playing a 'game', Mr Stat Man.

I'm getting a vibe that you have a high a high opinion of yourself, that you're a bit of a know it all. Can you try and 'debunk' that?

53 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye but to be realistic,  it was nothing more than a hopeful guess.  Sometimes the roulette wheel produces a red number result Jeemsy.

We're not at the "nowt to worry about" stage in any case.  We are at the 'less to worry less about' stage.  Which is an improvement since yesterday.

Oh I’m just a cock eyed optimist ! Cant help it really . 

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

They think God is going to keep them safe :lol: They can't believe in science because it would render their religious nonsense untrue.

They probably believe in fairies and mythical creatures too

Thank god they changed the name of the new strain to Omicron quickly. For a while there it was a bit too real that there was a nasty variant spreading through a continent where the majority of the old and vulnerable haven't even been offered the vaccine yet.

Now that's done and out of mind I can go back to worrying about whether the bloke standing next to me at the bar has had his booster or not.

Edited by Rocco_Jambo

4 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Thank god they changed the name of the new strain to Omicron quickly. For a while there it was a bit too real that there was a nasty variant spreading through a continent where the majority of the old and vulnerable haven't even been offered the vaccine yet.

Now that's done and out of mind I can go back to worrying about whether the bloke standing next to me at the bar has had his booster or not.

"Boris Johnson is 'boosting the booster campaign', even tho he just admitted it doesn't protect against the 'new variant'. This briefing, and the narrative around the variant, is solely designed to nudge the booster, and tells us that the jab uptake is extremely poor!" 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Small measures, reviewed in 3 weeks.

The questions from media FFS :vrface: 

absolute drama queens ...basically begging for restrictions. at least one of them pointed out the evidence that VP have had minimal  impact on the spread of it...In Scotland. 

and a word to Boris Johnson...YOU will not decide whether i will have a  " good Christmas" 

2 hours ago, Gordon Zola said:

But you don't trust the scientist who invented the PCR test?

And i'm not playing a 'game', Mr Stat Man.

I'm getting a vibe that you have a high a high opinion of yourself, that you're a bit of a know it all. Can you try and 'debunk' that?

Au contraire. In fact I have quite a low opinion of myself. But given that, I have an even lower opinion of your peddling of desperate mistruths and faux facts. It's just sad to see someone so gullible that they'll believe any old crap that they read.

We haven't come very far from the North Berwick witch trials as a society with regards to the misleading of folk into believing things that aren't true. In fact with the internet, the fud can spread even wider.

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Small measures, reviewed in 3 weeks.

The questions from media FFS :vrface: 

Indeed, the last question: Should we have shut the borders eariler with South Africa.

FFS we only learnt about it two days ago.

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Vallance covered this.  There is still a substantial benefit from the booster,  even if there is some vaccine escape.  The amount or chance of individual vaccine escape is reduced by keeping antibody levels high.  More antibodies to obsolete strains = more and broader protection against all strains.

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You know what to do then James. Sack going for your booster.

I wouldn't if I was you

Just now, redjambo said:

I haven't posted the stats for a wee while now. Please do keep up.

Aye but you did every day, boring the crap out of people. And there you go with your wee smart arse comments, is that what you do to combat your low opinion of yourself?

Just now, Gordon Zola said:

Aye but you did every day, boring the crap out of people. And there you go with your wee smart arse comments, is that what you do to combat your low opinion of yourself?

rtx2c9ws.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1600

One for the certain sceptics to answer with a coherent explanation.

If this is all a deception to promote the booster programme and the boosters are now ineffective against a new strain,  why the blue **** would they be bothering to promote the booster programme with a deception?

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You know what to do then James. Sack going for your booster.

I wouldn't if I was you

The  newscaster just asked a scientist. I assume she was? ...the right question.. There are always going to be new variants so does than mean we have to shut down each time?  Come on. We need to fully live with this thing. The new restrictions are no big deal really. But its just the over reaction and hysteria from the media which drives me up the wall. Well not getting the booster would be a classic case of cutting my nose off to spite my face wouldn't it?  Just wait until wee Nickys " emergency " press conference about it. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

One for the certain sceptics to answer with a coherent explanation.

If this is all a deception to promote the booster programme and the boosters are now ineffective against a new strain,  why the blue **** would they be bothering to promote the booster programme with a deception?

Its been a deception from the start

27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

"Boris Johnson is 'boosting the booster campaign', even tho he just admitted it doesn't protect against the 'new variant'. This briefing, and the narrative around the variant, is solely designed to nudge the booster, and tells us that the jab uptake is extremely poor!" 

It's the same as when you know you've got all that bog roll stockpiled in the cupboard. You find yourself having two 'just in case' wipes instead of one.

Edited by Rocco_Jambo

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Gordon Zola said:

Its been a deception from the start

Aye, all the governments of the World are in on this great deception together :lol:

Trashing their economies just to convince folk to take a vaccine :lol:

You can't be that gullible can you?

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As always with you lot, you have nothing to back up your claims, absolutely nothing.

So wheres your back up? Where do you get your information from?

20 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

You post your daily misinformation stats and get a slap on the back from all your pals. You're a clown and you know jack.

The stats were lifted from Tartan Tabby and are all verifiable. What stats have you got that contradicts these?

Nucky Thompson

No but you are

Luckily we have clever folk like you who have discovered the truth. 

MI6 eat your heart out

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The stats were lifted from Tartan Tabby and are all verifiable. What stats have you got that contradicts these?

No they weren't! The shame of it. :D I obtained the raw data from the SG/PHS daily stats and independently compiled the statistics from those.

I used to like you, BD. :getout:

They were still verifiable though. :)

Edited by redjambo

The PCR tests are a sham

😂. That’s funny because I know people have had Covid19 and had both PCR and LFT done that confirmed they had it. Must be some sham if they work. 

7 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

So wheres your back up? Where do you get your information from?

You're the one making claims and accusations, but you either can't or won't back up your claims.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

No they weren't! The shame of it. :D I obtained the raw data from the SG/PHS daily stats and independently compiled the statistics from those.

I used to like you, BD. :getout:

They were still verifiable though. :)

I’m deflated now. I’m away to crack open a bottle of Red to drown my sorrows! 🍷

😊

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

I’m deflated now. I’m away to crack open a bottle of Red to drown my sorrows! 🍷

😊

surely a white would be more appropriate as you are upset with red just now

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic