Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Mighty Thor
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Again no news. 

She's said consistently that there would be none of that whilst the pandemic is on-going. 

You're for 2 so far

Edited by The Mighty Thor

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

did we know about the omicron variant two weeks ago

Did we know about it? No.

Did the public health experts? I can't answer that. Neither can you. 

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Did we know about it? No.

Did the public health experts? I can't answer that. Neither can you. 

whataboutery from you. if the public health experts knew about it so would the ones in europe and if you noticed we put restrictions on travellers from sourthern africa before them.

if nothing was done you would moan, but since something has been done you are moaning. damned if he did damned if he didnt

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So right now as of today Johnson has reintroduced masks (not that he ever wears one) and now you have to get a PCR on return to the UK? 

What's Sturgeon done? Nothing. No change. 

Thanks. 

The new mask changes in England take effect from Tuesday.  Give her time shes got a conference to deal with the now apparently. She cant multi task. 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

did we know about the omicron variant two weeks ago

6 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Does anyone know when the Scottish Govt. will announce something about reastrictons re: the omicron variant?

2 hours ago

Think they must all share the same house as there they all go at once. Or they have a WhatsApp group to alert them they need to get on quick and support Boris/slag Nicola 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I came into this thread today expecting to see wide spread condemnation of Spaffer and the announcement of these extreme measures and impositions on the people of England and indeed the UK. 

Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

I'm surprised, especially given the hysteria from our resident public health experts last week when Elsie McSelfie/Krankie/Chief Mammy (TOP BANTZ) was making her 'no change' announcement. 

Bizarre isn't it?

You'd think it was less about public health and more about politics? 

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Think they must all share the same house as there they all go at once. Or they have a WhatsApp group to alert them they need to get on quick and support Boris/slag Nicola 

FFRtwTHX0AEMoyg.jpg

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You sure about that?

Remember it was only 2 weeks ago there was no need for any plan B measures. 

It's all up for grabs as Spaffer has Christmas to save. Again. 

Save Christmas?? Christmas is baked in. We'll be going to the pub on Christmas Eve and everyone can have as many people in the house as they want on Christmas Day. There will be a full house at Tynie on Boxing Day too 

In England,  at any rate, there is no requirement for masks in licensed premises.

What is this "saving Christmas " you are dribbling about?

Which part needs "saved"??

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

whataboutery from you. if the public health experts knew about it so would the ones in europe and if you noticed we put restrictions on travellers from sourthern africa before them.

if nothing was done you would moan, but since something has been done you are moaning. damned if he did damned if he didnt

No. 

My original point was ahead of last  Tuesdays SG presser the boys were pishing their frillies about the impending restrictions which never ever came.

Saturday, Spaffer does a 180 and not a peep. 

Your assertion that I would moan is incorrect. I'm moaning about the double standards and politicisation by a few on here. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Save Christmas?? Christmas is baked in. We'll be going to the pub on Christmas Eve and everyone can have as many people in the house as they want on Christmas Day. There will be a full house at Tynie on Boxing Day too 

In England,  at any rate, there is no requirement for masks in licensed premises.

Correct .  No one needs to save Xmas except Santa :) its just emotive nonsense to stir up fear and control. We are going to a restaurant on Xmas day actually,  I cant see that not being " saved" Got work Xmas night out on the 17th. Cant see that being under threat either. Just nonsense really. 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No. 

My original point was ahead of last  Tuesdays SG presser the boys were pishing their frillies about the impending restrictions which never ever came.

Your assertion that I would moan is incorrect. I'm moaning about the double standards and politicisation by a few on here. 

Because we live in Scotland so what Elsie says affects us here so naturally we would be more interested in what she " spraffs"  That's obvious. Its not a competition as Elsie alluded to herself on Andrew Marr today. 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No. 

A new variant was discovered on Wednesday and the UK government responded in a calm and proportionate manner.

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It certainly won't have any impact on my Christmas plans. 

The saving Christmas part comes from the place you get all your material. The Mail & Express.

12 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And the similarities are what?

Lots of people were in denial about the severity of AIDS too. Thought it was an anti-gay hoax etc.

Saving christmas is the same as saying war on drugs or war on terror. Intangible pish that makes governments sound like they are doing/achieving something.

1 minute ago, Longbaws said:

Saving christmas is the same as saying war on drugs or war on terror. Intangible pish that makes governments sound like they are doing/achieving something.

Let's hope they do better with Christmas than they have with the others. 

Edited by Hmfc1965

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Actually your right the only similarity was it was they were both pandemics but no One really gave a **** about those who were dying from aids as it was “ Only “ “ queers “ “junkies”  , blacks and “ pros” who died from it ! 

But in general you don't seem to be in favour of restrictions to deal with Covid.

I don't see the similarity from that perspective. 

My recollection is also that there were extensive adverts about how to avoid Aids.

You're right to the extent there was a lunatic fringe who thought only "queers" or "junkies" could get it.

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

But in general you don't seem to be in favour of restrictions to deal with Covid.

I don't see the similarity from that perspective. 

My recollection is also that there were extensive adverts about how to avoid Aids.

You're right to the extent there was a lunatic fringe who thought only "queers" or "junkies" could get it.

Unsure if it was a " lunatic fringe". There seemed to be quite a few people with an irrational response and fear of it and its transmitabilty.   I lived through that time. Yes the TORY Govt  actually ran one of the most successful health campaigns regarding this . Their " don't die  of ignorance" ads etc really give the frighteners to people as well as the other  educational information they provided. Mind you they then ruined that good work with homophobic things like " section 12 " ( only mentioned that as someone on this would probably to even it up since I have said something positive about the Tories)  

There were no restrictions with AIDS just prejudice and bigotry against those who had it. I am not opposed to restrictions per sa regarding Covid as long as they are proven to be effective and not a daft " seen to be doing something " response like the VP.

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

This saving Xmas is an absolute lot of pish.

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

which ones ?  a piece of cloth maybe mandatory in certain places ? 

PCR after coming from abroad ? 

least its not this 

still NO VP and no plans for them .  Now thats an extreme imposition if applied 

Wait, so it's just a piece of cloth now? When did it stop being a muzzle and an affront to your rights?

31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Wait, so it's just a piece of cloth now? When did it stop being a muzzle and an affront to your rights?

That was 5 u turns ago

33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well It is technically “a piece of cloth” isn’t it ? 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well It is technically “a piece of cloth” isn’t it ? 

So now that Boris has mandated it and Nicola hasn't, you're able to apply some context to mask wearing? Ffs James man

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I came into this thread today expecting to see wide spread condemnation of Spaffer and the announcement of these extreme measures and impositions on the people of England and indeed the UK. 

Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

I'm surprised, especially given the hysteria from our resident public health experts last week when Elsie McSelfie/Krankie/Chief Mammy (TOP BANTZ) was making her 'no change' announcement. 

Bizarre isn't it?

You'd think it was less about public health and more about politics? 

Yep politics just appears to be seen by many as the way of which rules and/or guidance you follow.  I was in Kay's Bar before the game yesterday, a real old fashioned bar in the New Town and a Tory stronghold for sure.  Not a mask or face covering in sight.  I walked in wearing one, got served sat down and took it off, put in on when I went to the loo.  Folk were looking at me as if I was from another planet.  Perhaps thought oh no poor man from an estate in our midst!!  Every time the door opened another yahoo walked in mask less, hello Roger says the bar man (owner to be precise) usual, hello Jasper, hello Portcia etc etc.  😄😄

Now this is not post about the rights or wrong or other wise of wearing a face covering.  I think in pubs it is very hard to put forward a case for wearing them when what you can do, and not do is so minimal in the benefits.  However what I do think is that out of respect of the health rules and guidance, as well as other people patrons should just do the right thing regardless of how they individually feel.  In Kay's it was typical, I do not believe in it, the SNP are not telling me what to do and I do not care so not doing it.

Mind you to be honest I was very concerned about them because obviously I have it all wrong and all the non face covering types were exempt.  They were all clearly ill and suffering from something so hope that they all look after themselves and get better soon😄😄

It will be interesting to see how they react now that Boris and the party have said masks back again, I will probably go back in before the next home game and see the place awash with them.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yep politics just appears to be seen by many as the way of which rules and/or guidance you follow.  I was in Kay's Bar before the game yesterday, a real old fashioned bar in the New Town and a Tory stronghold for sure.  Not a mask or face covering in sight.  I walked in wearing one, got served sat down and took it off, put in on when I went to the loo.  Folk were looking at me as if I was from another planet.  Perhaps thought oh no poor man from an estate in our midst!!  Every time the door opened another yahoo walked in mask less, hello Roger says the bar man (owner to be precise) usual, hello Jasper, hello Portcia etc etc.  😄😄

Now this is not post about the rights or wrong or other wise of wearing a face covering.  I think in pubs it is very hard to put forward a case for wearing them when what you can do, and not do is so minimal in the benefits.  However what I do think is that out of respect of the health rules and guidance, as well as other people patrons should just do the right thing regardless of how they individually feel.  In Kay's it was typical, I do not believe in it, the SNP are not telling me what to do and I do not care so not doing it.

Mind you to be honest I was very concerned about them because obviously I have it all wrong and all the non face covering types were exempt.  They were all clearly ill and suffering from something so hope that they all look after themselves and get better soon😄😄

It will be interesting to see how they react now that Boris and the party have said masks back again, I will probably go back in before the next home game and see the place awash with them.

The clowns will have masks on next week.

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Boris hasn't brought back a mask mandate in hospitality. Regardless we are under SG rules up here, so it will probably be business as usual when you go back in.

IMO masks are a waste of time in hospitality. Touching your face multiple times is probably doing more harm than good

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Boris hasn't brought back a mask mandate in hospitality. Regardless we are under SG rules up here, so it will probably be business as usual when you go back in.

IMO masks are a waste of time in hospitality. Touching your face multiple times is probably doing more harm than good

I agree as I said above because the benefits must be so minimal.  I guess masks in hospitality down south will happen if things get out of control again so let's hope that it does not happen.  Plan B in part at the moment in England which leaves the UK government more scope to tighten up if needed, probably a good tactic.  For me a lot of this is about respect for others, don't start me on the folk shutting the windows on the buses when the signs all say please leave open😀😀

28 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I agree as I said above because the benefits must be so minimal.  I guess masks in hospitality down south will happen if things get out of control again so let's hope that it does not happen.  Plan B in part at the moment in England which leaves the UK government more scope to tighten up if needed, probably a good tactic.  For me a lot of this is about respect for others, don't start me on the folk shutting the windows on the buses when the signs all say please leave open😀😀

I've seen this in action and the only conclusion I can draw is that it's just plain old fashioned badness and quite possibly a challenge thrown down to anyone to dare to open a window.  If it wasn't this it would be some other piece of sociopathic aggression.

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I've seen this in action and the only conclusion I can draw is that it's just plain old fashioned badness and quite possibly a challenge thrown down to anyone to dare to open a window.  If it wasn't this it would be some other piece of sociopathic aggression.

😀😀😀

47 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

According to the doctor that discovered the new variant. The symptoms are extremely mild. No need to panic. 

I suspect this will be the official verdict in a few weeks. This newly discovered variant and the interim changes to restrictions may have come at a timely moment to boost the vaccine drive.

2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Respect is a two way street.

If you expect people to respect the rules then they should at least be based on some faint logic that they are effective and serve a purpose which the current rules in pubs do not.

Rather than have rules requiring and encouraging people to wear the most effective masks in environments they can be wore effectively in the Scottish Government policy is based on the lowest common denominator and having people wear the shittiest masks possible in as many indoor environments as possible.

2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yet mask wearing is mandated at Tynecastle, under the stand, and week on week, compliance has plummeted. Yesterday, you would struggle to see more than a dozen people ,out of hundreds in the main stand, wearing them.

Mandating something without enforcement is a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Respect is a two way street.

If you expect people to respect the rules then they should at least be based on some faint logic that they are effective and serve a purpose which the current rules in pubs do not.

Rather than have rules requiring and encouraging people to wear the most effective masks in environments they can be wore effectively in the Scottish Government policy is based on the lowest common denominator and having people wear the shittiest masks possible in as many indoor environments as possible.

Yes, that was the mistake last year too. Mandating "face coverings " instead of proper medical grade masks - as Germany did - smacked more of social engineering than any medical or scientific reasoning. 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is interesting as nowhere near those numbers wear masks in shops. So either it's bollocks, or people aren't doing themselves what the want others forced to do despite there being nothing to stop them wearing them.

Whilst people are weird, in more inclined to say it's not a very representative sample of the English population as a whole.

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yet mask wearing is mandated at Tynecastle, under the stand, and week on week, compliance has plummeted. Yesterday, you would struggle to see more than a dozen people ,out of hundreds in the main stand, wearing them.

Mandating something without enforcement is a waste of time.

Yeah I have a ST in the main (new) stand and to me yesterday the split seemed to be by age in relation to who was wearing them in the concourse and up to their seats.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic