Odds on next manager

DB-14

16 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Romanov appointed him - different, less principled times. 

well the fact that he has played with and coached other men of colour since this incident is telling. If they are willing to give him a chance and learn from him why shouldn’t we?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

LarrysRightFoot

I wouldn’t be surprised if we talk to Danny Lennon. Doing a good job with Clyde and done a good with St Mirren. Austin worked with him at Cowdenbeath and St Mirren. He try’s to get his teams to play good football.

5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we talk to Danny Lennon. Doing a good job with Clyde and done a good with St Mirren. Austin worked with him at Cowdenbeath and St Mirren. He try’s to get his teams to play good football.

Wow. Is this really how bad things are?

13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Right I'm out.

LarrysRightFoot

I’m just speculating. Im not saying it’s who I want or who I’d go for but I think there is logic in my reasoning.

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’m just speculating. Im not saying it’s who I want or who I’d go for but I think there is logic in my reasoning.

Probably the same logic as budge has,the reason we have been going backwards for last 5 years.

24 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

For what job - Oriam car park attendant??

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You need to listen better then, she did say what you’re saying she didn’t say. Not just answering in a question in the affirmative, she did also say experienced, high profile manager herself. 

She did not say, I am going to employ a high profile, experienced manager.  When asked if it could be such a person, she said there was no reason why it couldn't be.

33 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Absolutely no chance that Dhanny Lhennon will be at Hearts.  Next random name?

kingantti1874

😂 Danny Lennon was coaching u8’s planet soccer until a few months ago.  😂 And subbed himself on at 50 years old 

the dumbest suggestion yet

51 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

We play 4 times a season in glasgow is it to much to ask for us to at least be competitive in these games? 
I’m not expecting us to go there and play them off the park but we should be competing in these games Whoever the manager is.

But yet you will expect us to blow away the smaller teams at tynecastle.

Just now, jambopilms said:

But yet you will expect us to blow away the smaller teams at tynecastle.

why is beating the smaller teams and getting better against the bigger teams an unreasonable expectation ?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

cotterill might be ok

That’s what I thought until I mentioned him to a Birmingham fan at my work. His ten minute rant can best be summarised as Cotterill is all fitness, zero tactical awareness and grim football. Thinks they were relegation certainties until he was sacked. Good assistant to Redknapp though (think he wanted to say at least one complimentary thing).  

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

One thing for sure , from all threads , nobody on here has a scooby

My fear is that someone does have a scooby and it’s someone already mentioned , shudder right enough 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You didn’t think a lawyer would be involved in a discussion about an employment contract?

A lawyer wouldn't typically be on ab interview panel. They'd be involved in the next stage. I think it's perfectly valid for folk to be questioning a lawyer being on the interview panel.

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

That’s what I thought until I mentioned him to a Birmingham fan at my work. His ten minute rant can best be summarised as Cotterill is all fitness, zero tactical awareness and grim football. Thinks they were relegation certainties until he was sacked. Good assistant to Redknapp though (think he wanted to say at least one complimentary thing).  

thanks for info 👍

6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

A lawyer wouldn't typically be on ab interview panel. They'd be involved in the next stage. I think it's perfectly valid for folk to be questioning a lawyer being on the interview panel.

Donald Cumming is a lawyer and is on the club Board, representing FOH.  No idea if he is the random lawyer in question though 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We are going the cheap as route guys.Basically a load of pish they slavered at the press conference.

Maybe not. Guys who are in a job are next 

31 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

You wouldn’t? 

My point was you can't expect us as a smaller team to compete in Glasgow but not comprehend smaller teams competing against us at Tynecastle. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Why can’t we just have a list of candidates & try & get him? Splitting the applications into unemployed & employed is a bit OTT. 

1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Why can’t we just have a list of candidates & try & get him? Splitting the applications into unemployed & employed is a bit OTT. 

Budge is a bit odd 

Nobody from the club has commented. Just made up nonsense ? I don't believe that the likes of Felix magath has put his CV and we haven't contacted him at all, a load of bollox

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Are they the best of the unemployed applicants though.

See what happens. Not overly impressed so far. I’m of the impression that a lot of the names mentioned on here  probably just want too much cash.

id have swapped CL for Robinson before the likes of Warnock and Stendel were mentioned. Maybe just have to lower our expectations again. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Jack Ross would have been a decent appointment for us, my hope now is we appoint someone that gets us and Scottish Football. Hecky got booted from them as he underestimated the game up here, just dont want similar for us in some lower league Englishman.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Nobody from the club has commented. Just made up nonsense ? I don't believe that the likes of Felix magath has put his CV and we haven't contacted him at all, a load of bollox

According to Fotheringham he has. Why would he lie?

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

My point was you can't expect us as a smaller team to compete in Glasgow but not comprehend smaller teams competing against us at Tynecastle. 

I would expect any team that comes to Tynecastle to compete I would also expect hearts to have enough to beat said smaller teams at home 

but I do get what you mean.

Edited by Castle rock

20 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He isn’t on the panel because he is a lawyer. He is in the panel because he is a board member. Current board is short on numbers and no surprise if he is involved. 

Adam_the_legend
52 minutes ago, Haken said:

She did not say, I am going to employ a high profile, experienced manager.  When asked if it could be such a person, she said there was no reason why it couldn't be.

She did. 

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Budge is a bit odd 

Been a few very personal digs at Ann budge from. You on various threads, you’re a bit of a welt eh?