Odds on next manager

DB-14

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You mention my pants being pulled down well whatever turns you on big boy.

Always found you a bit strange mitch a proper pant wetter.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I will presume that everyone is aware Neil Warnock will be 71 years old next month. Hardly a long term solution.

Who is? Most managers last 2-3 seasons.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I will presume that everyone is aware Neil Warnock will be 71 years old next month. Hardly a long term solution.

Amazed you still seem to think this next manager will be around longer than a couple of years when as a club we have had over 20 managers / caretakers in the last 25 years. 

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Amazed you still seem to think this next manager will be around longer than a couple of years when as a club we have had over 20 managers / caretakers in the last 25 years. 

Exactly. Days of managers for years and years are gone. Look at McInnes and Aberdeen. That has ran its course. 

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Are are  nippy sweety. That's all you do on hear is waste posters time asking silly questions. What are you 8 years old.

This makes no sense whatsoever. 

Cauliflower rain. 

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

As much chance of that as Indyref2  in next five years 

I'll take that bet.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
18 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

This makes no sense whatsoever. 

Cauliflower rain. 

This.

Absolute Paul Tosh.

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, sac said:

Hope you’re right.

hope he’s wrong, I’ve a bit of a stiff neck and don’t fancy looking at the sky for the rest of the season

This is going to end in tears for most I think. From what I can see the only appointment which would appease most of the fans is Stendel and he’s not even being considered. 

I don’t remember our fans ever being this divided. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This is going to end in tears for most I think. From what I can see the only appointment which would appease most of the fans is Stendel and he’s not even being considered. 

If we win football matches and start moving up the table then it won't matter. 

kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Becuase the list of candidates is a who’s who of mediocrity, and the club have take a scattergun approach - there’s no sense of anyone at the club knowing what we want.. from Neil McCann to Neil Warnock, these guys have nothing in common.. age, style, experience, method..

the club are all over the place, ergo we are all over the place.. 

if the choice was Robinson we should have gone and got it done.. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Becuase the list of candidates is a who’s who of mediocrity, and the club have take a scattergun approach - there’s no sense of anyone at the club knowing what we want.. from Neil McCann to Neil Warnock, these guys have nothing in common.. age, style, experience, method..

the club are all over the place, ergo we are all over the place.. 

if the choice was Robinson we should have gone and got it done.. 

Don’t know how you can say that as the club hasn’t made any public statements. 

Shanks said no

Skybet just before 9am

Neil Warnock

2/1

Stuart McCall

7/2

Steve Cotterill

5/1

Austin MacPhee

6/1

David Weir

7/1

John Terry

10/1

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Warnock to be interviewed Monday. 

😂 

On 12/11/2019 at 21:37, Last Laff said:

Turned down Hibs.  Great odds on him becoming our next manager now. 

Hampden Demolition
8 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Not doubting your info mate, but he's not exactly experienced. High profile, yes but not experienced. 

we have interviewed McCann and McKinley. I think the ‘experienced’ part has been taken out of context.

23 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Too many people looking for this magical manager who lasts 20 years and is going to forge a style Hearts fans have never seen before.  Leading to umpteen titles and cups.

I’d love nothing better than that but this is the real world. I really do want my club to find a way to go to a new established level, I do like them “thinking out of the box” but we tried to think out the box with Cathro.  

Give me someone right now who knows how to lift a club from players to fans.Touch of old school in that respect but knows how the game needs to be played. We are at a low ebb. It’s square one again. 

Edited by Debut 4

7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Too many people looking for this magical manager who lasts 20 years and is going to forge a style Hearts fans have never seen before.  Leading to umpteen titles and cups.

I’d love nothing better than that but this is the real world. I really do want my club to find a way to go to a new established level, I do like them “thinking out of the box” but we tried to think out the box with Cathro.  

Give me someone right now who knows how to lift a club from players to fans.Touch of old school in that respect but knows how the game needs to be played. We are at a low ebb. It’s square one again. 

Best case is we get someone who performs miracles for 2 years and inevitably gets picked up by a bigger club, then we build on the progress to attract an even better manager next time. 

Warnock would be an incredible coup that would give the club and the league a massive lift in profile.

Knows exactly how to win football matches and will have the media eating out of his hands. 

Can't see it happening but I remain positive.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Best case is we get someone who performs miracles for 2 years and inevitably gets picked up by a bigger club, then we build on the progress to attract an even better manager next time. 

Aye, I think that’s where we are.  It’s not 2005 where Vlad was ready to spend money we’ve never seen before.  

We’ll need a manager to gradually get this team going and weed out the weak as we go. 

7 minutes ago, Sheriffs said:

Warnock would be an incredible coup that would give the club and the league a massive lift in profile.

Knows exactly how to win football matches and will have the media eating out of his hands. 

Can't see it happening but I remain positive.

Until he criticises OF friendly refs and then the media will turn.

I have a feeling Wanockn is exactly what the board and Ann are looking for, someone to bring the competitive edge back and galvanise the players and fans and then a year or so down the line, Naisy steps in, I have always thought Naismith has been the prefeeed long term option

52 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

hope he’s wrong, I’ve a bit of a stiff neck and don’t fancy looking at the sky for the rest of the season

🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

Until he criticises OF friendly refs and then the media will turn.

Doesn't matter who we get in charge if we're successful for that to happen.

The Real Maroonblood
52 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Can any of the mods tell me why I don't have permission to view the Jack Ross thread? :(

Tried to PM but no response

Maybe you said something naughty on the thread.

21 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Warnock will bring a bit of passion but his style of football is no different than Leveins.

Agree with this. I don’t understand the clamour for a 71 year old Neil Warnock given that one of the main criticisms of Levein was that he himself was ‘a dinosaur’. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The list is improving,  slightly. 

Apparently Cardiff wanted Warnock to take them through until Christmas, could be significant he chose not to. 

He likes a striker Neil, usually adept at spotting them 

26 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

😂

He turned down the Hibs job when offered it at the start of the week, interviewed with us on Weds.   Warnock is being interviewed on Monday and that’s legit too. 

Bad enough that Cardiff managed to dump Damour on us but Colin as well, please know. As mentioned by other posters there seems to be little strategy at all just lets look at anything. Definitely now coming round to appointing the SD first and letting them lead the manager appointment. Appointing 70 year old managers is not the answer. 

Edited by Jodami

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, pressgang22 said:

Agree with this. I don’t understand the clamour for a 71 year old Neil Warnock given that one of the main criticisms of Levein was that he himself was ‘a dinosaur’. 

agreed, if we appoint Warnock just shut down the academy.. what’s the point spending money  to teaching kids to play football properly then appoint a manager who’s only aim is to get them to launch it forward.. yep shut down the academy and let’s look for the next mediocre target man.. 

I thought we had some sort of football strategy 😆

Edited by kingantti1874

24 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Warnock will bring a bit of passion but his style of football is no different than Leveins.

What style of football were Cardiff meant to play in premier league? Try and out pass teams like man city? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

agreed, if we appoint Warnock just shut down the academy.. what’s the point spending money  to teaching kids to play football properly then appoint a manager who’s only aim is to get them to launch it forward..

Except that is ballocks. Season they got promoted they played some brilliant counter attacking football 

agreed, if we appoint Warnock just shut down the academy.. what’s the point spending money  to teaching kids to play football properly then appoint a manager who’s only aim is to get them to launch it forward..

Jeezo the rubbish read here 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣 ******* hell💩

Shanks said no
36 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet just before 9am

Neil Warnock

2/1

Stuart McCall

7/2

Steve Cotterill

5/1

Austin MacPhee

6/1

David Weir

7/1

John Terry

10/1

36 minutes later

Neil Warnock

5/4

Stuart McCall

4/1

Austin MacPhee

8/1

Steve Cotterill

9/1

David Weir

10/1

John Terry

10/1

Steve Robinson

10/1

kingantti1874
Just now, J80MBO said:

Jeezo the rubbish read here 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣 ******* hell💩

What’s wrong with it? We are teaching the kids box soccer and you want appoint a first team manager who’s been a hoofball merchant his entire career.. 

are we developing players for other clubs? 

How ****ing stupid is that..utterly ****ing clueless.. may as well get shot of hickey, cochrane, McDonald, Hamilton.. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So many with no ****ing idea. 

You look like one of them this morning. 

Warnock is actually flexible. He fits the scenario to his team's and he is about attacking. 

He usually leaves clubs in a better state than he found them and if he thinks its stopped working he is honest enough to leave .

I would think you need a lot more research 

Edited by Sir Gio

10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Daddy what is a gadgy ?

Daddy who made the world ?

Daddy where is the sun in winter ?

Daddy what is football ?

Get to your bed your doing my head in !

Great, I love a quiz.

I think I can answer the first one. Gadgy comes from the gypsy word Gadjo. I think it means outsider, or not one of us, I have no idea why it's common in the east of Scotland but not in the west, maybe because Gypsy communities were more common in Aberdeenshire, Perthshire and the Lothians.

I'm not sure what the answers to the next three are, they're probably just a matter of opinion.

Every day's a school day.

What’s wrong with it? We are teaching the kids box soccer and you want appoint a first team manager who’s been a hoofball merchant his entire career.. 

are we developing players for other clubs? 

How ****ing stupid is that..utterly ****ing clueless.. may as well get shot of hickey, cochrane, McDonald, Hamilton.. 

He could be a very decent short term answer with maybe his number 2 learning the trade to take over at the end of the season?