Odds on next manager

DB-14

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

Much better chippy at the top of Golden Hill. Anyways on to matters at hand. I can't think offhand anybody on the list of names that would galvanize the fans with the exception of Stendel and I really don't think we'vegot the players to play his style of game.

Very important point that, players have to complement the manager and vice versa or its more upheaval

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I just think that going to Ibrox or Parkhead and showing no fear, is more likely to end in a thrashing than a victory. 

We’ve gone there with a largely cautious approach recently and got beat every time. I’m not suggesting we would suddenly start beating them regularly on their own turf but I think a change of approach would be welcomed by the fans and players.

i think there is a general feeling we’re beat before we kick a ball. I want a boss who at least can instil some belief in the players that they can do them over. Somebody motivational who won’t stick to the same game plan when we’re 2-0 down. Somebody who will throw caution to the wind in that situation, who’d rather lose 6 than meekly  accept a 3 goal defeat.

Someone who can then lift the players after we take a thumping through there and not let them suffer a 3 game hangover after it.

Edited by GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Terry seems very unlikely if he knocked back Derby to be honest, but like the hangers on wanting to be lnked with us, we wont mind being linked with him. Dubious I'd say

Just now, karipidis said:

No chance Terry will be interested. Will be able to get a Championship job once he’s ready for management. 

He apparently was offered 800k a year to manage Chelsea’s under 23’s and he turned it down. 

Tbf to him, he has said he’s learning the trade first as a coach/assistant then will move into management in the future, which suggests that he’s not desperate for the opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Terry seems very unlikely if he knocked back Derby to be honest, but like the hangers on wanting to be lnked with us, we wont mind being linked with him. Dubious I'd say

Does seem a bit far fetched I agree.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

What does it mean?

What do you think “showing no fear means?”......look at our 3-0 doing at Ibrox last season. A truly horrific opening spell. 

Sat back in our half, which is fine, if you structure the team right to execute a good counter attacking strategy. 

But we didn’t. Structure of the team was all wrong, from

players out of position, to some simply not being good enough in the first place. 

The players had no confidence or belief they could protect the ball, no unity in possession and we just kept giving it up too easy. Too many cooks at the back passing the buck.

Negative set up time and again inevitable works on a player’s mind that they don’t believe they can compete.  

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I just think that going to Ibrox or Parkhead and showing no fear, is more likely to end in a thrashing than a victory. 

You have to show something. Go there with no attacking plans it gives your opposition a lift, it's game management and is why Ann Budge probably wants somebody very experienced. By the look of it she hasn't found it, but experienced will do (and the likes of Scholes, Terry, Giggs) these guys are born managers IMO as they are highly intelligent people. Terry is a fascinating shout and one anybody has to be behind IMO. Best name so far 

Edited by rudi must stay

Just now, karipidis said:

No chance Terry will be interested. Will be able to get a Championship job once he’s ready for management. 

Maybe. Terry going to and staying with Aston Villa is perhaps different to Lampard and Gerrard who went quicker into jobs (?). Not sure what jobs he had been linked with. Maybe taking a different path. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve gone there with a largely cautious approach recently and got beat every time. I’m not suggesting we would suddenly start beating them regularly on their own turf but I think a change of approach would be welcomed by the fans and players.

i think there is a general feeling we’re beat before we kick a ball. I want a boss who at least can instil some belief in the players that they can do them over. Somebody motivational who won’t stick to the same game plan when we’re 2-0 down. Somebody who will throw caution to the wind in that situation who’d rather lose 6 than meekly  accept a 3 goal defeat.

Someone who can then lift the player after we take a thumping through there and not let them suffer a 3 game hangover after it.

Since the 1950’s the only Hearts team that went to Glasgow without fear was Vlad’s, mainly because they were experienced players who didn’t give a stuff. JT could I think Generate the same feeling into the less experienced squad members. I don’t think we need to worry about Uche, Naismith or Whelan.

August Landmesser
36 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Why?  Would you have said no to Steven Gerrard?

I'm guessing because Terry's a racist scumbag.

Just guessing though.

August Landmesser
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Terry, Lampard and Gerrard were all great professionals. Great examples to all players. 

(Off the field stuff with Terry but most people in game see through that and see a top professional) 

He called a player 'a ****ing black *****' on the pitch. **** John Terry.

The betting market must be so small for the new manager that anyone placing £20 on a name can move them up massive amounts. Add in the fact that book makers won’t want stale markets so will push certain names etc to try move the market on again. John Terry will be now where near tynie in my opinion. 

Absolute Scenes
27 minutes ago, Chambie15 said:

IF (big if) the John Terry story has any legs - this would be EXACTLY the type of statement of Intent that I would get right behind immediately. OK, his personal/private life may have more colour than a Rainbow Kiddies Annual from 1975, but he's a PROVEN WINNER, hungry to learn, and he's be an immediate huge fish in a wee pond up here. He would know that too .... Watching this space with interest now.

Agreed - I just wonder if he falls into the category Anne wanted "experienced and high profile" - he's definitely high profile!

Was McCall’s record with Rangers in the Championship not worse than Fat Sally’s.  

Between them, they both failed to get promoted, despite still having the second largest budget in Scotland, by far.    

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

John Terry with an experienced number two could work. 

Jt with Robbo as am.... 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Was McCall’s record with Rangers in the Championship not worse than Fat Sally’s.  

Between them, they both failed to get promoted, despite still having the second largest budget in Scotland, by far.    

They only failed once to get promoted. 

Under super Ally. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Under super Ally. 

Under McCoist and McCall.  He took over in the March that year and got utterly pumped in the playoffs.

Sexton Hardcastle

Rather have proven success than a risky candidate who would jump ship as soon as a bigger gig comes along.

Which is what JT would be looking to do much like Gerrard.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Jt with Robbo as am.... 

Would be pretty good in my opinion, but it isn't going to happen. 

Astonishing reading. 

I think what we're seeing here is hysteria generated by delusional supporters, who've spent too long watching Match of the Day. 

Scotland is a footballing backwater, in that backwater -there are two big fishes. Outwith those two, there's not much oppertunity for TOP managers or ones with real potential. 

We need to accept that the new manager will cause a fair amount of the supporters to have an aneurism.

All I want is a manager to play fast, attacking football.

To get us challenging for third, and show Hibs and the Old Firm no ****ing respect. 

To treat the supporters like they deserve (!)

& to have a realistic plan to go forward. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Under super Ally. 

Was macall not in charge for the playoff with Motherwell I can’t remember 

32 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

What do you think “showing no fear means?”......look at our 3-0 doing at Ibrox last season. A truly horrific opening spell. 

Sat back in our half, which is fine, if you structure the team right to execute a good counter attacking strategy. 

But we didn’t. Structure of the team was all wrong, from

players out of position, to some simply not being good enough in the first place. 

The players had no confidence or belief they could protect the ball, no unity in possession and we just kept giving it up too easy. Too many cooks at the back passing the buck.

Negative set up time and again inevitable works on a player’s mind that they don’t believe they can compete.  

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

i think there is a general feeling we’re beat before we kick a ball. I want a boss who at least can instil some belief in the players that they can do them over. Somebody motivational who won’t stick to the same game plan when we’re 2-0 down. Somebody who will throw caution to the wind in that situation, who’d rather lose 6 than meekly  accept a 3 goal defeat.

Someone who can then lift the players after we take a thumping through there and not let them suffer a 3 game hangover after it.

I think we’ll be struggling to get a manger who can get us to match Rangers or Celtic in Glasgow. These are teams beating the likes of Porto, Lazio and Feyenoord...

The Mercer Takeover

Like this possibility a lot and I can see why we would suit him.

Scotland is a small pond and being with the 3rd biggest club, in a league of huge disparities, makes it much easier do well.

No-one is expecting him to win the league, so all he really needs to do, is to get top 4 and reach Hampden occasionally.

This guy is a winner and it would be a real coup to get him.Whether we can afford him or not, is a different matter.

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

Thought Police

Budge now moving on to contacting clubs to speak to their managers e.g. Robinson.

Might suggest she’s finished interviewing all the out of work managers, with no mention of Stendel or Warnock.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

yes and lost 6-1 on aggregate 

In fairness he started that season at Motherwell with his objective being to avoid relegation, mission accomplished. 

6 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Budge now moving on to contacting clubs to speak to their managers e.g. Robinson.

Might suggest she’s finished interviewing all the out of work managers, with no mention of Stendel or Warnock.

If thats the case, then totally underwhelmed unless there's a guy in a job who is an outstanding candidate, NOT Robinson.

9 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

If you are asking to approach a manager who is in employment, then I’d guess he is your preferred choice ?

How are Motherwell fans supposed to react if they knew there manager had been for an interview with a club in the same division 

In those circumstances unless a manager knows he’s getting the job, he’s going to tell us to bolt 

all sounds a bit naive to me on Hearts part

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think we’ll be struggling to get a manger who can get us to match Rangers or Celtic in Glasgow. These are teams beating the likes of Porto, Lazio and Feyenoord...

it won’t happen. Best we can hope for is better than we’ve been getting. Think we had the worst record against them out of the other 4 sides in the top 6 last season.

If we are seriously only interviewing Neil McCann(sacked by Dundee!)Jack Ross,steve cottrill and Stuart McCall 

CAN THE WORLD STOP SO I CAN GET OFF!!

John Terry, an assistant in the EPL and most likely earnings millions per year and probably looking to snap up a championship/EPL job in the next few years. I can't even see him exploring the option at Hearts. Gerrard and Lampard are understandable as they have millions to spend and less likely to fail.

I think this is a sensible approach from the club. Filter through the CV’s, weed out the crap and the unrealistic or the ones we don’t think fit and interview the best that remains. I have interviewed a million people I knew wouldn’t be getting the job. See absolutely nothing wrong with interviewing the mentioned. What if McCall blew Budge away and had a great vision for Hearts, would be negligent of Budge to at least not hear what he had to say. Budge never offered Sergio a interview after he applied last time and people were raging cause he’s a club legend. This time we are raging cause we have interviewed the people that have applied. First round of interviews now done and we haven’t found the right person so let’s start targeting people, don’t see anything wrong with that approach. Due diligence seems to be the name of the game. Cathro was the wrong appointment, Levein was the wrong appointment. This one has to be right. Nothing wrong so far with the clubs approach to this. Feel pretty confident we will get the right man. 

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

The interviewed list is at best meh. 

To say the least, I'd rather take a chance with MacPhee than any of those on that list.

3 minutes ago, JamTarts51 said:

John Terry, an assistant in the EPL and most likely earnings millions per year and probably looking to snap up a championship/EPL job in the next few years. I can't even see him exploring the option at Hearts. Gerrard and Lampard are understandable as they have millions to spend and less likely to fail.

Wasn’t he Svens captain at England? Our new SD has got his manager apparently 😁

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

If we are seriously only interviewing Neil McCann(sacked by Dundee!)Jack Ross,steve cottrill and Stuart McCall 

CAN THE WORLD STOP SO I CAN GET OFF!!

That’s just the first phase it seems. 

next set of interviews will be for people already in jobs:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-manager-search-moves-next-stage-after-four-candidates-are-interviewed-1042148

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-manager-search-moves-next-stage-after-four-candidates-are-interviewed-1042148

There are a lot better managers out there without a job than they 4 duffers.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

To say the least, I'd rather take a chance with MacPhee than any of those on that list.

Against that list? Agreed. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Hopefully that settles the pant wetters down