Odds on next manager

DB-14

There's as much chance of Jose Mourinho being the next Hearts manager as Alex Neil. Suggesting Alex Neil with one of the smallest budgets in the Championship and maybe even the smallest budget will be sacked if he doesn't get promotion is beyond ludicrous.

Might as well suggest Steve Robinson will be sacked if Motherwell don't win the league.

More realistically reports are surfacing that Stuart McCall will be next manager with Kenny Black as assistant.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Really? From whom?

The 3 people being interviewed today, might be slightly surprised at that. 

Walter Smith been speaking to Budge, and the world goes to shit. Funny how things transpire.

Stuart McCall in Hearts talks as former Rangers boss plans to team up with Jambos legend https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stuart-mccall-hearts-talks-former-20883714

10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Stuart McCall in Hearts talks as former Rangers boss plans to team up with Jambos legend https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stuart-mccall-hearts-talks-former-20883714

Two interesting things in that article that I hadn't heard, assuming that they're true. Firstly, Billy McKinley was supposed to be interviewed but pulled out, which im taking a great news. And also, Hearts asked Felix to apply.

Fits the profile. Played at the highest level both domestically and internationally. Experience of both playing and managing in the league. Between jobs so no compensation bill.

15 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Would be a little underwhelmed if McCall got it.

Very underwhelmed 

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I call dibs on starting the #McCallOut thread..no joke..!

would be a a disgraceful appointment , Even interviewing this clown shows how badly out of touch this “panel” are .. reeks of the rumoured Walter Smith.

It will be the straw that breaks the camels back with regard to budge, the final evidence that she just doesn’t get it, that she doesn’t understand this club or what it needs to take it forward.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

55 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Two interesting things in that article that I hadn't heard, assuming that they're true. Firstly, Billy McKinley was supposed to be interviewed but pulled out, which im taking a great news. And also, Hearts asked Felix to apply.

If McKinlay pulled out it almost certainly means he is going to Stoke. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Ah. Sorry. I read your post as a more factually done scenario.  Rather than the DR telling us if he got the job. 

"Hearts have held talks with Stuart McCall and he will team up with Jambos legend Kenny Black if he lands the job."

Which he won't. So luckily enough we can all breathe easy. Sadly, Budge has been taking Walter's recommendations too literally. Hence McCann & McKinlay(who the bookies never even considered) getting interviews.

3 more today. 

John Quincy Adams, the Democrats nominee for 2020, read it in the ‘record’.

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

would be a a disgraceful appointment , Even interviewing this clown shows how badly out of touch this “panel” are .. reeks of the rumoured Walter Smith.

It will be the straw that breaks the camels back with regard to budge, the final evidence that she just doesn’t get it, that she doesn’t understand this club or what it needs to take it forward.. 

What if MaCall comes in and we start winning and looking like a football team ? 

40 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would be an absolutely crazy decision (if true) McCall would be under pressure from a huge percentage of the Hearts support immediately after his appointment, I’d honestly expect to hear objections at his first game... AB really needs to get this right

Edited by jbee647

15 hours ago, mitch41 said:

McKinley, McCall, Cotterill, Freedman ect the usual suspects. Now Ann said the next manager would be high profile and experienced. It would be fantastic if the new manager can switch the light back on at Tynecastle as it has been a dark gloomy ground for too long.

This is a prime example of editorial license to suit the ongoing agenda of 'Hate Hearts'.  She actually didn't say it would be a high profile manager; when asked if Hearts could attract such an individual, she responded by saying 'Why not?', or words to that effect.  What she did not say was that 'I will sign a high profile manager'.  But I'm guessing you know that.

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

This is a prime example of editorial license to suit the ongoing agenda of 'Hate Hearts'.  She actually didn't say it would be a high profile manager; when asked if Hearts could attract such an individual, she responded by saying 'Why not?', or words to that effect.  What she did not say was that 'I will sign a high profile manager'.  But I'm guessing you know that.

I think you’re giving mitch’s two brain cells too much credit. 

Edited by Zico

There's a disconnect from reality around here. It's the Scottish league. A league that's predominately operating in a freebie transfer market. A league that's been a relative backwater for years. In Scottish terms McCall actually is high profile.

There is no chance of some internationally renowned name coming in. Despite the fantasy threads going around this forum. That's all they are. Fantasy.

Has Felix been interviewed. I've heard a few people saying John Terry has applied. No experience but is he cut from the same cloth as Lampard and Gerrard? Certainly a leader on the pitch and would command huge respect. 

10 minutes ago, Haken said:

Lights were on last Saturday. 

There is not one tangible piece of evidence in that Record story that points to McColl getting the job, other than the fact he was interviewed. They don’t even claim he is getting the job, just all ifs, buts, and maybes. :lol:

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

We must match Hibs on the announcement stakes 

We can't let them win this one

not sure about that - Remember Jim Duffy in the helicopter 😂.

They can win all the announcements they like, as long as we win the football matches.

Dave McCreery's knee

One of the most important aspects of the choice of manager for me is the coaches he brings with him. We need rid of Fox,  Daly and Gallagher and very possibly fitness guy too. 
Kenny Black, alongside Donald Park in coaching roles would be an improvement. 

I'd be open to the idea of Stuart McCall - He'd get the players mindsets sorted, bleeds youngsters and has done well at other clubs with around a 40% win rate.

10 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

I'd be open to the idea of Stuart McCall - He'd get the players mindsets sorted, bleeds youngsters and has done well at other clubs with around a 40% win rate.

Would he believe we could win against the old firm?

Italian Lambretta
23 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Interested to see who is interviewed today and possibly tomorrow.  

And next week and the week after that.

If we have interviewed McCall, who is conducting the sifting process? 
Would dearly like to know who is directly involved in the recruitment & selection process if this is the “calibre” of candidate we are interviewing.

6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And next week and the week after that.

😂 Hoping our list of interviewees won’t be quite that long! 

Vlad the impaler
3 minutes ago, sac said:

If we have interviewed McCall, who is conducting the sifting process? 
Would dearly like to know who is directly involved in the recruitment & selection process if this is the “calibre” of candidate we are interviewing.

Apparently board of directors and taking advice from youth coach Donald Park

The Real Maroonblood
55 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Totally agree.

I don’t want to preempt anything until an appointment is made but it would stink of an old pals act.

4 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Apparently board of directors and taking advice from youth coach Donald Park

So Donald effectively the most powerful person at the club right

13 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

What'st he obsession with the OF? If beating them is the criteria for a manager job in Scotland then almost everybody will be sacked every season.

Know what i'm obsessed with? Beating Aberdeen and hubz more often than not. That's the real criteria.

13 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

This is important to me. Just about everyone connected to Scottish football kowtows to them in one way or another. From biased refs to biased media. I’m not expecting to catch up with them anytime soon but I’d rather have someone who hasn’t played for them or coached them. Who knows, maybe the new guy could actually see the old firm for the filth they are and learn to hate them as much as I do.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

There's as much chance of Jose Mourinho being the next Hearts manager as Alex Neil. Suggesting Alex Neil with one of the smallest budgets in the Championship and maybe even the smallest budget will be sacked if he doesn't get promotion is beyond ludicrous.

Might as well suggest Steve Robinson will be sacked if Motherwell don't win the league.

More realistically reports are surfacing that Stuart McCall will be next manager with Kenny Black as assistant.

I'd be very surprised if Hemmings did sack him. 

If possible, can we please not mention McCall again as the meme is ruining my Friday. - Thanks.

Edited by alfajambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, LeylandJambo said:

They mushrooms must've tasted magic yesterday.

The chips are good in Leyland, shop next to Tescos pretty good I have to say.

Away from my second favourite topic chips to my favourite, Hearts.

This is a crucial important. As well as being a smart effective and positive coach, he is going to have to be able to galvanise the fans. He has to be someone that generates a buzz.

Those listed so far don't, its getting the exciting profile looking for a break rather than somebody down on their luck

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Just a hunch, but those likely to be more desirable seem to keep their names out of the media

I agree with that. I also get the impression that when people have whored themselves

to hearts in the past none of them have joined

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Doesn’t Levein have a similar win rate.

For the record I’d ****ing hate McCall - would rather have McPhee

If there is one thing worse than a 65 year old skool manager it’s a younger old skool wannabe manager which McCall is.

Utter bullshit if we appoint him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree with that. I also get the impression that when people have whored themselves

to hearts in the past none of them have joined

Doesn’t Levein have a similar win rate.

For the record I’d ****ing hate McCall - would rather have McPhee

If there is one thing worse than a 65 year old skool manager it’s a younger old skool wannabe manager which McCall is.

Utter bullshit if we appoint him.

Good show

If we are replacing Levein, at least ensure the man is of same stature at least, despite CLs fall, his profile was not unsubstantial, McCall as an example is a step backwards still

Vlad the impaler
54 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So Donald effectively the most powerful person at the club right

Only at hearts eh. I know he has a lot of experience in the game but it’s definitely some promotion he’s got himself

55 minutes ago, pointon said:

Week 6 Hearts have now narrowed their managerial candidates down to 20

Eh?! Levein was sacked two weeks ago... 

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Good show

If we are replacing Levein, at least ensure the man is of same stature at least, despite CLs fall, his profile was not unsubstantial, McCall as an example is a step backwards still

The last thing we need is a confirmed blue nose running the team. Companies often interview the best candidates last after having interviewed the dross whose CV  didn’t end up in the bin.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Fits the profile. Played at the highest level both domestically and internationally. Experience of both playing and managing in the league. Between jobs so no compensation bill.

Stuart mcall is the only realistic one that fits the bill tbh. 

I wouldn't be excited about him, but I can see the merit and would give him time. 

When I've heard him talk he doesn't piss me off like most of the other OF pundits/ managers/ coaches. 

He's not as much a gamble as some of the other names such as Stendal and his record is better than most, if not all of the ex players being mentioned like Pressley, Mcann, Robbo, Hartley. 

He does fit the bill. 

Actually, when you run down the list he actually comes out as the only one that fits Ann's criteria (realistically). 

Edited by Smith's right boot