Odds on next manager

DB-14

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Who's to say it's managers and not just people in work...

Roy Keane (with Sky)

John Terry (Aston Villa)

Paul Scholes (with BT)

Stephen Robinson (Motherwell)

Hopefully...

If this is the case and I hope it is then why on earth interview the folk they did this week, the same as half of this forum I have interviewed people for many jobs and you don't interview people that have no hope of getting it mostly because it is a wate of your time and distracts you from delivering what you are tasked with !!

Edited by steve123

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They should have had an idea and who and what they want.. 

Perhaps they do and rather than share it with JKB posters have decided to be professional about the process

But of course that wouldn't suit your point

Some thought once Craig Levein left things would improve and now all we see is posters who cant agree about the process, can't agree about the candidates, can't agree about who should be doing the interviews, won't tell us who they would want not even the type of manager they would find acceptable...……………….

and they want to the boot into the club and owner just because they dare to do something they don't agree with 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

David Weir today then

Interesting. Maybe Anne Budge has Austin's thoughts in her mind. He's worked with Warnock at Sheffield United right?

Edited by rudi must stay

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Perhaps they do and rather than share it with JKB posters have decided to be professional about the process

Some thought once Craig Levein left things would improve and now all we see is posters who cant agree about the process, can't agree about the candidates, can't agree about who should be doing the interviews, won't tell us who they would want not even the type of manager they would find acceptable...……………….

and they want to the boot into the club and owner just because they dare to do something they don't agree with 

I think it is a bit unfortunate that Hibs sacked their manager at the same time, a succesful appointment and nobody will care how long it has taken and in my opinion Jack Ross was not for Hearts !!

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

there seems to be little to no commonality to the candidates who have been interviewed, all have differing levels of experience and have later different styles of football.  The evidence would therefore suggest we have taken a scattergun approach, interviewing waifs and strays.

There have been loads of suggestions for acceptable candidates.. Stuart McCall is not a suitable candidate. 

FWIW we were on the right track with a Neilson and then Cathro, even though the latter failed it was the right idea. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Interesting. Maybe Anne Budge has Austin's thoughts in her mind. He's worked with Warnock at Sheffield United right?

Didn't know that to be honest 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

there seems to be little to no commonality to the candidates who have been interviewed, all have differing levels of experience and have later different styles of football. There have been loads of suggestions for acceptable candidates.. Stuart McCall is not a suitable candidate. 

The net will be cast far and wide,  the process will be rigorous 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

there seems to be little to no commonality to the candidates who have been interviewed, all have differing levels of experience and have later different styles of football. There have been loads of suggestions for acceptable candidates.. Stuart McCall is not a suitable candidate. 

Got to admit I was horrified when I read who we had interviewed so far , apart from Cotrill who looks

an interesting candidate. 

Really have got a bad feeling yet again with the process tbh 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Didn't know that to be honest 

It's because it's nonsense. He was long gone by then, class that as an untruth from me

kingantti1874

I’m my opinion, there is a great option there in Stendel, an appointment I don’t think any fans would moan about.  By all account an infectious character who everyone seems to like and who smashed jack Ross’s Sunderland on a fraction of the budget.. 

we should have gone all in to get him.. made a decisive appointment 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

is that for sporting director or manager?

Nae idea. 3/1 Sky Bets latest reaction 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Got to admit I was horrified when I read who we had interviewed so far , apart from Cotrill who looks

an interesting candidate. 

Really have got a bad feeling yet again with the process tbh 

Cotterill horrifies me. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I look forward to mitch41 spontaneously combusting when we do make an appointment!

Maybe Corbyn could nationalise football managers as his next daft idea. That way, everyone is equal!

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m my opinion, there is a great option there in Stendel, an appointment I don’t think any fans would moan about.  By all account an infectious character who everyone seems to like and who smashed jack Ross’s Sunderland on a fraction of the budget.. 

Do you know his wage demands ? Do you know how much he'd want for spending in January transfer window? 

Coburg Hearts

There's a saying that fools and children shouldn't see a job until it's finished. This job (choosing a new manager) isn't finished yet.

Absolute Scenes

This thread is effin hilarious 😂😂😂

some people need to put the phones down for the weekend and get some fresh air

let the professionals do their jobs 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

You mean the John Terry rumour is not true !!!!!!

Another tenner down the drain on the next Hearts manager.

Tell me about it! 

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cotterill horrifies me. 

agreed. if that guy got the job we would be well and truly screwed. lived down south when he was managing and know people where he has previously manged and they hated him. very very concerned if he has been interviewed as that would indicate the people creating the short (ish) list are not very well qualified or at the minimum not well informed. Hope to hell it's fake news

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

They should have had an idea and who and what they want.. 

possibly they do and are currently just checking who else is available or obtainable. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

possibly they do and are currently just checking who else is available or obtainable. 

Na dont buy that respectfully, I don't think Ross was ever our target from what Ann has said but some of the folk interviewed ths week are laughable !!

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

the process for appointing a football manager is slightly different in that its all player out in the public eye.. that aside, organisations rarely cast their net far and wide when making senior level appointments, they tend to know what and who they want.  

Were are flip flopping between have beens and hopefuls, giving people like McCall an interview!!  a guy who would NEVER be accepted by the fans before we ask to speak to the candidates we’ve identified as being a target. 

How misaligned are our board with the fans to even let someone like Stuart McCall through the door.  1 loss and it’d be Carnage.. 

we are coming across like we done have a clue what kind of manager we are looking for.. (same as last time)

Some on here seem to think Stephen Robinson is the answer. Many don’t think Stuart McCall is even worth an interview. Think you are one of the latter. Have you ever taken 10 minutes to look at their records as Well’s manager. It’s a no contest in favour of McCall. 
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want McCall as manager but he is certainly a much stronger candidate than Robinson based on career to date when in similar roles. 

2 hours ago, 12XU said:

All the snippet from the papers - anyone taken a step back ?

Hearts have said nothing to the media that I am aware of - rightly so - as a business person  I respect that 

its behind closed doors at present ( Charlie Rich would be proud )

Agents flooding the media with Fake News to try and raise some awareness of their shite clients

Every time i look at this im dreading the next name that comes up 😒 currently out of the gazillion names banded about only Warnock has got me thinking "aye he'll do" as for Weir McCall etc - im not wanting died in the wool huns who would walk over broken glass to go to them if they got the call after doing a good job at us

Just now, rory78 said:

Every time i look at this im dreading the next name that comes up 😒 currently out of the gazillion names banded about only Warnock has got me thinking "aye he'll do" as for Weir McCall etc - im not wanting died in the wool huns who would walk over broken glass to go to them if they got the call after doing a good job at us

Feels like a bad joke.Haven't really felt like this before about a new manager being appointed

47 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Has it not occurred to you that he might not be interested. German with bad experience in Uk, albeit Barnsley. £5k per week in Edinburgh max versus possible £30k per week in Nottingham, Derby, Blackburn, Cardiff.  It’s not difficult to see why he would have zero interest in a football outpost. 

Maroon Sailor
7 hours ago, amadjambo said:

I’ve no problem with us interviewing Neil. There’s plenty of top managers that have been sacked early in their careers. I also don’t like to see us being so disrespectful to a former great. It wasn’t pleasant to see us all turn on Levein, let’s not start slagging off more guys that brought us so many happy memories.

McCann took a tough gig in Dundee to put himself on the managerial ladder.

If he didn't do that he wouldn't be considered for jobs in the future

Hearts and McCann could be a good mix

5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Weir recommended to Budge by that died in the wool hun Jefferies. 

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm actually starting to think we should stick with Austin and I 100% didn't want that to happen when Levein got the boot.

Ann's plan is working a treat   some woman 😬

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Do you know his wage demands ? Do you know how much he'd want for spending in January transfer window? 

stupid questions, obviously no.. but he’s not Jürgen Klopp !! He’s unemployed after leaving Barnsley 

Bridge of Djoum
8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

And the question I asked yesterday was answered this morning. Donald Park, a club Lawyer & Ann Budge are doing the interviews.

Ken, we’d be better listening to you..A RETIRED PLUMBER. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

stupid questions, obviously no.. but he’s not Jürgen Klopp !! He’s unemployed after leaving Barnsley 

Contracted until next summer so still getting his wedge from Barnsley so not needing the money until July 2020. 

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

And the question I asked yesterday was answered this morning. Donald Park, a club Lawyer & Ann Budge are doing the interviews.

Wrong again Mitch. He isn’t ‘ a club lawyer’. He is a Board member nominated by FoH members who happens to be a lawyer. Big different to what you suggest. 

**** it! I'll take McCall.

Did well at Well despite losing a whole bunch of players and got them finishing 2nd in the league.

Could do a whole lot worse

4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

**** it! I'll take McCall.

Did well at Well despite losing a whole bunch of players and got them finishing 2nd in the league.

Could do a whole lot worse

Not my choice but I do agree I think he would do ok 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wrong again Mitch. He isn’t ‘ a club lawyer’. He is a Board member nominated by FoH members who happens to be a lawyer. Big different to what you suggest. 

Board members, owners, lifelong football men interviewing potential employees?????

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But Mitch’s mate, ( a retired Iranian gin salesman) told him otherwise.

I know who I believe.