Odds on next manager

DB-14

Adam_the_legend
14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And the question I asked yesterday was answered this morning. Donald Park, a club Lawyer & Ann Budge are doing the interviews.

Absolutely Tragic

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Thought Police
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Absolutely Tragic

Who did you think it would be? There’s no sporting director 

better_call_saul
17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And the question I asked yesterday was answered this morning. Donald Park, a club Lawyer & Ann Budge are doing the interviews.

Go away.

Your patter is getting boring now.

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gary Holt

No it’s Martingale that’s the brains behind Livingston not holt or Hopkins it’s why Miller quit 

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Absolutely Tragic

Why? What’s wrong with Donald Park? Glad he’s at the club right now tbh.

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Absolutely Tragic

Why is it tragic? Donald Park is a vastly experienced coach, and Ann Budge is the owner. Seems a perfectly reasonable interview panel.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Why? What’s wrong with Donald Park? Glad he’s at the club right now tbh.

He could be a candidate for Sporting Director 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

He could be a candidate for Sporting Director 

As long as he stays in some capacity or other. 👍

Adam_the_legend
5 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Who did you think it would be? There’s no sporting director 

Not a random club lawyer that’s for damn sure. 

Jamboscanbevicius
11 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Weighing up where we are today, if the 4 or now 3 candidates not in a job are the only people we are looking at who are currently unemployed then that seems to discount Warnock, Hughes, Stendel and Keane from the process. Looking at potential candidates who are in a job that would seem to be Robinson, Robbo , Freedman and Terry (which I find highly unlikely on wages and budget available for players). So I think realistically Robinson, Robbo and Freedman. Of those three I am inclined to think Robinson would put the strongest case of knowing the league, working with the budget and being on an upward curve in his career. That makes me think we are talking about a realistic shortlist of MacPhee, Cotterill and Robinson. Working on the premise that I think MacPhee will definitely be kept as he is close to Budge I think he will end up as the SD. So that leaves Robinson and Cotterill. Based on what both bring to the table the more tangible evidence of having Motherwell punching above their weight in the league would make Robinson seem the least risky proposition (and this seems to be a key consideration as they are taking their time) and I can see him being appointed as manager. So, in summary MacPhee as SD and Robinson as manager is how I can see this panning out.

Totally agree. Kind of hope we’re wrong and there is an amazing left field option, but I don’t see it!

4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Why is it tragic? Donald Park is a vastly experienced coach, and Ann Budge is the owner. Seems a perfectly reasonable interview panel.

DP knows the score.

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Not a random club lawyer that’s for damn sure. 

You didn’t think a lawyer would be involved in a discussion about an employment contract?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You didn’t think a lawyer would be involved in a discussion about an employment contract?

First 3 words is sufficient

35 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Lampard had no money to spend at all which is why he is going with many younger players.... and doing a fine job

Doing an excellent job, also saying he's earning £7m annually and is a club legend. I relate to his first season at Derby where they reckon he spent over £12m. My post relates to John Terry maybe seeing Hearts as to much of a risk for his career, lower budget and lower pay.

18 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Who are the 3 that have been/are being interviewed today?

Ivan Golac,stevie Paterson and jim lieshman .

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Realistic current employed managers:

Robinson

Holt

Neilson

Robbo

Hartley

Seems likely. Anybody else over achieving in Scottish Championship or League 1?

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seems likely. Anybody else over achieving in Scottish Championship or League 1?

Dick Campbell at Arbroath

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

It's all went a bit quiet on the Warnock storyline. 😬

Sure I read somewhere straight on holiday

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’m in recruitment, never seen a lawyer involved in hiring processes apart from in the legal sector. Drawing up an employment contract is a very separate part of the process.

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

First 3 words is sufficient

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A recurring theme ...

Can we try try and keep things civil, snidey comments don’t add anything. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Absolutely Tragic

Given she has said the SD will be in on the choice, I think they are sifting out the pish whilst practicing their interview technique

31 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Weighing up where we are today, if the 4 or now 3 candidates not in a job are the only people we are looking at who are currently unemployed then that seems to discount Warnock, Hughes, Stendel and Keane from the process. Looking at potential candidates who are in a job that would seem to be Robinson, Robbo , Freedman and Terry (which I find highly unlikely on wages and budget available for players). So I think realistically Robinson, Robbo and Freedman. Of those three I am inclined to think Robinson would put the strongest case of knowing the league, working with the budget and being on an upward curve in his career. That makes me think we are talking about a realistic shortlist of MacPhee, Cotterill and Robinson. Working on the premise that I think MacPhee will definitely be kept as he is close to Budge I think he will end up as the SD. So that leaves Robinson and Cotterill. Based on what both bring to the table the more tangible evidence of having Motherwell punching above their weight in the league would make Robinson seem the least risky proposition (and this seems to be a key consideration as they are taking their time) and I can see him being appointed as manager. So, in summary MacPhee as SD and Robinson as manager is how I can see this panning out.

A manager punching above their weight playing attacking football is not a bad outcome for me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I’m in recruitment, never seen a lawyer involved in hiring processes apart from in the legal sector. Drawing up an employment contract is a very separate part of the process.

Have you recruited in football?

7 minutes ago, damo said:

A manager punching above their weight playing attacking football is not a bad outcome for me.

Edit; replied to wrong person,

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Can't believe Budgey has been able to seek the opinions of this footballing expert. The guy must have some insight.

Another footballing dinosaur probably. 

16 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Robinson

Holt

Neilson

Robbo

Hartley

Add Freedman, Flynn,Johnson, all maybe’s plus there are undoubtedly more. 

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I'm guessing because Terry's a racist scumbag.

Just guessing though.

Graham Rix was a sexual predator but we still (unfortunately) appointed him. 

Edited by Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Up to now the candidates who’ve been mentioned as having interviews leave me no cause for optimism. 

cotterill might be ok

19 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Robinson

Holt

Neilson

Robbo

Hartley

Depressing list.

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

What'st he obsession with the OF? If beating them is the criteria for a manager job in Scotland then almost everybody will be sacked every season.

Know what i'm obsessed with? Beating Aberdeen and hubz more often than not. That's the real criteria.

So your criteria for a manager is him telling you 3rd is the best we could ever hope for?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

So your criteria for a manager is him telling you 3rd is the best we could ever hope for?

Candidate should be telling us what he is aiming to achieve and how he is going to do it

PaulHartley10
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Another footballing dinosaur probably. 

No doubt! 

I got excited about the possibility of changing the entire setup and trying something different. You never know, I could be wrong in my worrying but I'd take MacPhee and Robinson right now to avoid McCall and McCann. 

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Graham Rix was a sexual predator but we still (unfortunately) appointed him. 

Romanov appointed him - different, less principled times. 

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Until we have a player budget like the OF then I'd suggest it's a fair to say we' will struggle to overtake them both regardless of who is the manager. ☹️

We play 4 times a season in glasgow is it to much to ask for us to at least be competitive in these games? 
I’m not expecting us to go there and play them off the park but we should be competing in these games Whoever the manager is.

Edited by Castle rock

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

A club Lawyer? Really?

were we not led to believe that the panel would be more substantial? Can’t remember the exact quote from the club about who would be involved but it was certainly more than just those three.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sac said:

A club Lawyer? Really?

were we not led to believe that the panel would be more substantial? Can’t remember the exact quote from the club about who would be involved but it was certainly more than just those three.

Does that not indicate these people are in the eliminators?

If one is lucky he might...maybe just get a shot at the final interview.

Just now, damo said:

Until we have a player budget like the OF then I'd suggest it's a fair to say we' will struggle to overtake them both regardless of who is the manager. ☹️

The old firm have had big players in their teams for years (well Glasgow Rangers did, not so many at Rangers 2012) and when we've recruited well in the past, the mid 90s for example when we signed the likes of Weir, Fulton, Cameron, McCann, Salvatori, Adam, Flogel and many others , we at least competed and gave them a game. At the moment Rangers 2012 must be relieved when they know they are playing us as the game's usually over by the time they score their first goal. Clubs like Killie and Livvy give them a harder time of it than we do. You don't need a massive budget if you recruit well and know how to set out a team (playing players in their natural positions often helps) but a lot of it is down to very effective scouting, something I believe we've lacked these last few years. Plenty good experienced pros around and finding a gem somewhere like we did with Adam or Flogel for example isn't beyond possibilities. We've also got good foreign ex-players all over Europe that could be consulted on any potential targets. Money does help, but it's not all about that.