Odds on next manager

DB-14

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

for several years before Clyde he was coaching kids planet soccer in Armadale and Bathgate amongst other locations.. Itd be extraordinary if his name has come up .. 

He only appears to have been out of work for a year at most before Clyde.

Ive also seem worse managerial records. Some folk would have Locke back in charge!

ManagerEdit

Cowdenbeath
St Mirren
Alloa Athletic
Clyde

i realise this is beginning to sound as though I want him to get the job. I don’t, I just don’t think it’s out of the realms of possibility that his name has come up.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Has Arteta been mentioned by anyone?

Knows the league. 

Done his badges I believe and is keen to get into management- whether he would leave his big money job at City remains to be seen! 

The reason nobody has bothered mentioning Arteta is because most are sane enough to acknowledge he’s maybe a wee bit out of our league?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

See what happens. Not overly impressed so far. I’m of the impression that a lot of the names mentioned on here  probably just want too much cash.

id have swapped CL for Robinson before the likes of Warnock and Stendel were mentioned. Maybe just have to lower our expectations again. 

Aye I suppose a lot has to be weighed up

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye I suppose a lot has to be weighed up

I’m all over the place at the moment but not been overly impressed with the names supposedly interviewed  so far. It’s just a case of wait and see I suppose.

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Thought she was a hearts fan...

I’m a hearts fan but I don’t know the players, coaches etc. I know how they are but I don’t know them.

Adam_the_legend
Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m a hearts fan but I don’t know the players, coaches etc. I know how they are but I don’t know them.

A bit tongue in cheek. Still don’t get those saying it would have been stabbing CL in the back, unprincipled or immoral to have a contingency plan. Standard practice in football but we don’t seem to do anything the way other teams do. 

2 hours ago, sac said:

A club Lawyer? Really?

were we not led to believe that the panel would be more substantial? Can’t remember the exact quote from the club about who would be involved but it was certainly more than just those three.

Well there you go.

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He only appears to have been out of work for a year at most before Clyde.

Ive also seem worse managerial records. Some folk would have Locke back in charge!

ManagerEdit

Cowdenbeath
St Mirren
Alloa Athletic
Clyde

i realise this is beginning to sound as though I want him to get the job. I don’t, I just don’t think it’s out of the realms of possibility that his name has come up.

then he was coaching planet soccer alongside mate

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

A bit tongue in cheek. Still don’t get those saying it would have been stabbing CL in the back, unprincipled or immoral to have a contingency plan. Standard practice in football but we don’t seem to do anything the way other teams do. 

Aye, sorry, tongue in cheek sometimes doesn’t come across well in type. 

Only my view but I honestly think that right up till the time she sacked him she was hoping to keep him. To be clear, if we had beat st Johnstone I honestly think he’d still be here.

Would it have been better for the club to have a contingency plan? Definitely. Do I understand the reasons one wasn’t in place? I think I do. It’s tricky getting rid of someone you’ve worked with hand in hand to build something for years and shared dreams and ambitions with. The last thing you’d want to do, on a personal level, is plan for their departure. Even planning it would feel like a betrayal. I’m not saying she was right not to have a solid plan in place. All I’m saying is I think I understand why she didn’t. 

26 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

The reason nobody has bothered mentioning Arteta is because most are sane enough to acknowledge he’s maybe a wee bit out of our league?

Loan deal or swap for Hicky? 

😧

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

The argument being made was it would be wrong to look for a replacement whilst the person was in position. Clearly no such moral problem with GL. 

Nah. 

If his Contract was running out and wasn't renewed then it's Completely different. 

Time lines are blurred, but technically was Locke even employed by Budge? 

The situations are so different it's not even worth a debate. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I don't know what's going on, so I will make something up and then get annoyed at the thing I just made up. 

This thread. 

images (17).jpeg

41 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Has Arteta been mentioned by anyone?

Knows the league. 

Done his badges I believe and is keen to get into management- whether he would leave his big money job at City remains to be seen! 

Please try to be serious...posts like yours simply give fans of other clubs something to laugh at

There is a wish list and then the reality list

Ok so the guys who have been interviewed by Ann & co who are unattached and what they are saying it will be managers or coach's that are in employment next. Now I'd wonder why far better out of work managers haven't been interviewed.

Adam_the_legend
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah. 

If his Contract was running out and wasn't renewed then it's Completely different. 

Time lines are blurred, but technically was Locke even employed by Budge? 

The situations are so different it's not even worth a debate. 

Agree to disagree then. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ok so the guys who have been interviewed by Ann & co who are unattached and what they are saying it will be managers or coach's that are in employment next. Now I'd wonder why far better out of work managers haven't been interviewed.

Agree, the whole thing is bizarre.. like we are interview for a consultant rather than a manager..

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree, the whole thing is bizarre.. like we are interview for a consultant rather than a manager..

In what way is it bizzare ?

People apply for jobs, people are headhunted for jobs, people are interviewed for jobs and a short list created from which second interviews are then often made

This moaning and groaning about a process that almost every company in the world follows for a senior appointment just makes me think that some have an agenda against the club or its owner...or are still blaming the owner for not doing their bidding early enough

Of course they also never tell us what they would do and how they would select someone for the role.....perhaps they would put a list of names into a hat and the lucky man becomes the manager subject to compensation, salary and terms and conditions which can only be discussed when you meet the person...but then again that's the real world

Take your time Ann, ignore the moaners who would moan anyway and will no matter who you appoint

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Please try to be serious...posts like yours simply give fans of other clubs something to laugh at

There is a wish list and then the reality list

Word of advice for you or anyone for that matter..

Do not, under any circumstance, listen to the thoughts of a rangers fan and at the end of a long working week, post them online. I know, I should know this already. 

I think I will file my above post under the ‘poor judgement’ category! 

perhaps the mention of the current Villa assistant manger being ‘in the running’ earlier today muddied my thinking! 🤣

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

People apply for jobs, people are headhunted for jobs, people are interviewed for jobs and a short list created from which second interviews are then often made

This moaning and groaning about a process that almost every company in the world follows for a senior appointment just makes me think that some have an agenda against the club or its owner...or are still blaming the owner for not doing their bidding early enough

Of course they also never tell us what they would do and how they would select someone for the role.....perhaps they would put a list of names into a hat and the lucky man becomes the manager subject to compensation, salary and terms and conditions which can only be discussed when you meet the person...but then again that's the real world

Take your time Ann, ignore the moaners who would moan anyway and will no matter who you appoint

This long winded out process was a clear success the last time so I’m in full agreement with you.  Once again, all we need to do is be a bit patient and it will all come together. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

This long winded out process was a clear success the last time so I’m in full agreement with you.  Once again, all we need to do is be a bit patient and it will all come together. 

The process will not matter a jot if the right man is not appointed

I would ask though what process you would approve of in order to select the right man ?

Just so we can understand how you would have done it if it all goes wrong..oh and who is your choice in advance of any appointment

18 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Do not, under any circumstance, listen to the thoughts of a rangers fan and at the end of a long working week, post them online. I know, I should know this already. 

perhaps the mention of the current Villa assistant manger being ‘in the running’ earlier today muddied my thinking! 🤣

You mean the John Terry rumour is not true !!!!!!

Another tenner down the drain on the next Hearts manager.

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

What was Hibs contingency plan? Offer the job to Kennedy then when he says no offer it to Ross? The speed with which they have made an appointment suggests they didn’t do much of a search, or like we may be finding out, there’s not much talent out there that is affordable or wants to come to Scotland. 

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

What was Hibs contingency plan? Offer the job to Kennedy then when he says no offer it to Ross? The speed with which they have made an appointment suggests they didn’t do much of a search, or like we may be finding out, there’s not much talent out there that is affordable or wants to come to Scotland. 

Actually the speed of their search shows the opposite. Contingency plan executed, new manager in place. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Such as whom?

33 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The process will not matter a jot if the right man is not appointed

I would ask though what process you would approve of in order to select the right man ?

Just so we can understand how you would have done it if it all goes wrong..oh and who is your choice in advance of any appointment

Yes, lots of football recruitment experts on here. 

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Actually the speed of their search shows the opposite. Contingency plan executed, new manager in place. 

Or panic, let's appoint this guy in case the Jambos want him.

40 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

:lol: you probably actually believe that too.  Bless. 

All the snippet from the papers - anyone taken a step back ?

Hearts have said nothing to the media that I am aware of - rightly so - as a business person  I respect that 

its behind closed doors at present ( Charlie Rich would be proud )

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Or panic, let's appoint this guy in case the Jambos want him.

Thought he was persona non grata down gorgie way?

Big Slim Stylee
57 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

As the old saying goes “Heed ye not the mad musings of the vile hun.”

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Said it before on this thread and I’ll say it again. 
Quite rightly, none of us have a clue as to who has submitted cv’s, who we have interviewed from cv’s, whether we have contacted currently employed guys to determine interest, whether we have interviewed any of them, whether we are interviewing this week for manager or sporting Director or both, whether sporting Director has already been appointed etc etc etc. 

Why go on and on with the pointless, and baseless, accusations, criticisms etc? We will find out who gets the two jobs when they are announced. Comments on here are highly unlikely to impact those decisions. 
Just let them get on with what is a pretty thankless task judging by comments on here. They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t it would seem. If they rushed in to an appointment like the wee team and it went quickly wrong they would be slaughtered for not doing a comprehensive search. When they take their time and, in all probability, are doing a comprehensive search they get criticised for taking too long and talking to ‘poor candidates’ 

No wonder none of the 8,500 pledgers to FoH fancied a shot  on the FoH Board. Having to take the crap they get from people on here would put anyone off. 

Good post  !

What I would like to know is who told Mitch the make up of the interview panel  ?

He couldn't be telling porky's could he ?☺

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Good post  !

What I would like to know is who told Mitch the make up of the interview panel  ?

He couldn't be telling porky's could he ?☺

I have my suspicions but I think it released that those three were doing the interviews. 

gorgie rd eh11
26 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Thought he was persona non grata down gorgie way?

I think it was more person meh down gorgie way.

As of 8 this evening 

Steve Cotterill
15/8
Austin MacPhee
9/2
David Weir
5/1
Stuart McCall
6/1
John Terry
7/1
Neil Warnock
8/1
Steve Robinson
8/1

Ok being silly here but I feel a bit like hibs got rid after us and have appointed before , I trust the powers that be but hope they use the time wisely as I honestly feel this is a make or break moment for alot of fans  !!

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Ok being silly here but I feel a bit like hibs got rid after us and have appointed before , I trust the powers that be but hope they use the time wisely as I honestly feel this is a make or break moment for alot of fans  !!

More important they get it right rather than rush and get it wrong in my opinion 

5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I thought the make or break for supporters was getting rid of Levine, or it was until the next make or break issue.

6 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I thought the make or break for supporters was getting rid of Levine, or it was until the next make or break issue.

Agree but no point in getting rid of Levein and replacing with rubbish, needs to be a well thought out appointment I am not complaining about the length of time taken just hope they get it right ( no appointment is guaranteed but must at least be well thought out )

rudi must stay

Who's to say it's managers and not just people in work...

Roy Keane (with Sky)

John Terry (Aston Villa)

Paul Scholes (with BT)

Stephen Robinson (Motherwell)

Hopefully...

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

More important they get it right rather than rush and get it wrong in my opinion 

They should have had an idea and who and what they want.. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

the process for appointing a football manager is slightly different in that its all player out in the public eye.. that aside, organisations rarely cast their net far and wide when making senior level appointments, they tend to know what and who they want.  

Were are flip flopping between have beens and hopefuls, giving people like McCall an interview!!  a guy who would NEVER be accepted by the fans before we ask to speak to the candidates we’ve identified as being a target. 

How misaligned are our board with the fans to even let someone like Stuart McCall through the door.  1 loss and it’d be Carnage.. 

we are coming across like we done have a clue what kind of manager we are looking for.. (same as last time)