Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

The facts you (want to) overlook are that we have been hampered by longish term injuries to our top players and were top of the league before they kicked in.

They were all playing at Ibrox when we were beaten after 15mins and they were all back at various points in the season when we were garbage. We've signed like for like  replacements so there are no excuses now. None at sll.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

The facts you (want to) overlook are that we have been hampered by longish term injuries to our top players and were top of the league before they kicked in.

See this comfort blanket it’s actually not injuries it was one Steven Naismith!

Lets have a look at the facts seen as how you so dearly love them.

lets start this journey at the League Cup Semi Final. (We had already been beaten by Rangers in the league incidentally)

The squad that day was:

zamal / smith / Mitchell / dikamona / harring / dunne / bozanic / lee / McLean / Naismith / djoum / Morrison / Clare / amawankaa / Doyle / Hughes / garuccio / cochrane.

Naismith went off injured. Here’s the results after that game, with injuries that changed the team from the LC semi final

0-0 Hibs - Naismith out

0-5 Celtic Naismith out

0-1 Killie Naismith Out

0-2 St Mirren Naismith out

1-2 Rangers Naismith / Dunne out ( Berra back)

1-0 Motherwell Naismith out

0-5 Livi Naismith Out

0-2 Aberdeen Naismith Back!

We then failed to win in the next 7 out of 8 games these included games against St Mirren Dundee Partick and Livingston.

So you tell me where are these hundreds of injuries were? One player out and we won 2 games in 18.

Our team now is better than that semi final team with Hickey Meshino Whelan Uche and the keeper ( not to mention Walker Washington and Naismith have all played this season) yet you keep harping back to those halcyon days when we topped the league with that world beating injury free team. It’s absolute fantasy that you cling onto for some weird reason.

Gorgie Boys are in town.
14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

lets start this journey at the League Cup Semi Final. (We had already been beaten by Rangers in the league incidentally)

The squad that day was:

zamal / smith / Mitchell / dikamona / harring / dunne / bozanic / lee / McLean / Naismith / djoum / Morrison / Clare / amawankaa / Doyle / Hughes / garuccio / cochrane.

Naismith went off injured. Here’s the results after that game, with injuries that changed the team from the LC semi final

0-0 Hibs - Naismith out

0-5 Celtic Naismith out

0-1 Killie Naismith Out

0-5 Livi Naismith Out

We then failed to win in the next 7 out of 8 games these included games against St Mirren Dundee Partick and Livingston.

So you tell me where are these hundreds of injuries were? One player out and we won 2 games in 18.

Our team now is better than that semi final team with Hickey Meshino Whelan Uche and the keeper ( not to mention Walker Washington and Naismith have all played this season) yet you keep harping back to those halcyon days when we topped the league with that world beating injury free team. It’s absolute fantasy that you cling onto for some weird reason.

Nailed it. 100% bang on.

37 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, I don't need it translated thanks. Doesn't fit with the JKB vernacular but anyway.....Last season we were top after 9 now we're 10th after 9...what's your point? The fact we have not won at home in the league since March, have finished 6th 2 years running and are presently 10th, is far more indicative of the job Levein is doing than that run of games last season , which was matched by Motherwel,  Aberdeen and Hibs at different points in the season. 

Don’t disagree. I was just pointing out the inaccuracies in your original post. Notice you don’t admit to your top 6 teams comment being nonsense. 

38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They were all playing at Ibrox when we were beaten after 15mins and they were all back at various points in the season when we were garbage. We've signed like for like  replacements so there are no excuses now. None at sll.

Naismith for one has hardly been back. He hasn’t really played since Dens one year ago. Again, you just post your accuracies. Correction - you just make it up. Not going on to the others. 

Edited by soonbe110

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Indeed, your Shite Spouter of the Year award was richly deserved.

I think you’ll find you beat me by a country mile.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The squad that day was:

0-0 Hibs - Naismith out

0-5 Celtic Naismith out

0-1 Killie Naismith Out

0-5 Livi Naismith Out

Doubt you will see JamboAl back on this thread for a while after that post. 

18 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Doubt you will see JamboAl back on this thread for a while after that post. 

Let's see the full (Hearts) teams for these matches and I'll comment.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Naismith for one has hardly been back. He hasn’t really played since Dens one year ago. Again, you just post your accuracies. Correction - you just make it up. Not going on to the others. 

Naismith has made 13 appearances since Dens. Hasn’t really played is inaccurate.

51 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Let's see the full (Hearts) teams for these matches and I'll comment.

Do you think Hearts are the only team with injuries?

Do you think you only get 3 points if both teams don’t have any injuries

The simple undeniable fact is the manager has failed to put out a winning team regardless of who is or isn't injured for a year.

You go back to this full squad top of the league period when in actual fact we have a better team now than we did for parts of that run yet we have become worse.

You’re now in a corner and won’t admit the overriding factor has been poor management and the injury list has become a convenient smoke screen. Interestingly not even CL is using it as an excuse now only you and the few fans left who want him to stay

19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Do you think Hearts are the only team with injuries?

Do you think you only get 3 points if both teams don’t have any injuries

The simple undeniable fact is the manager has failed to put out a winning team regardless of who is or isn't injured for a year.

You go back to this full squad top of the league period when in actual fact we have a better team now than we did for parts of that run yet we have become worse.

You’re now in a corner and won’t admit the overriding factor has been poor management and the injury list has become a convenient smoke screen. Interestingly not even CL is using it as an excuse now only you and the few fans left who want him to stay

Don't try the old amateur psychology - it won't work.

Give us the teams for the games you mentioned and tell me clearly what your point is in relation to these games.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

How sad is this thread?? A bunch of so called Hearts supporters lining up to have a pop at OUR club, led by the biggest hobo on here. 

Actually, they're having a go at our useless manager, not the club. On the contrary, it's a small group of Hobo idiot trolls who are defending Levein the clown.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm going to write to the SPFL and demand that in future, when a team with no injuries plays a team with injuries, they should have to win by two clear goals to be awarded a single point. If they either draw or only win by one goal, the three points should go to the team with the injuries. It's only fair. 

6 hours ago, XB52 said:

How sad is this thread?? A bunch of so called Hearts supporters lining up to have a pop at OUR club, led by the biggest hobo on here. 

Very good !

You don’t think we could be in a better place, mate ?

So called ? Want to turn this Uber ? I don’t, always ends up a bit sad. You don’t need to put our in capitals !

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

I'm going to write to the SPFL and demand that in future, when a team with no injuries plays a team with injuries, they should have to win by two clear goals to be awarded a single point. If they either draw or only win by one goal, the three points should go to the team with the injuries. It's only fair. 

Not a bad idea. 

Might be under the same sub section that requires referees to support either of the OF and that allows Scot Brown to play with immunity. 

Do it, write that letter. 

8 hours ago, Boab said:

Naismith has made 13 appearances since Dens. Hasn’t really played is inaccurate.

How many times out of 13 has he played anything close to 90 mins. How manY times has he looked fit to you? How much of a contribution did he make in those 13 appearances? Other than a goal in a cameo appearance at Pittodrie virtually no contribution since Dens last October. One other goal I think. 

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Don't try the old amateur psychology - it won't work.

Give us the teams for the games you mentioned and tell me clearly what your point is in relation to these games.

I’ve told you the teams. They were a variation on the 18 who were in the match day squad for the LC semi final. MacDonald or Mulraney came in for the injured Naismith. Steven Naismith was the only player missing until Dunne was injured (5 games after the LC semi final) he was replaced by Berra so not much change there. Even when Naismith returned we were still beaten 2-0 by Aberdeen. And let’s not forget the 5 goal farce at Livingston in there. After the LC semi final we conceded 17 goals and scored 2 in 8 games. We won against Dundee then failed to win the next 7. In those teams were Uche and the infamous Vanecek. Naismith played in a few, Harring played in some. Berra was back Souttar another. For the majority of the games we were missing 1 of these players not 5 or 6.

Now fast forward to Saturday just gone v Rangers. We have Hickey. Whelan. White. Meshino. Uche. Mulraney. These are all better players than the likes of Garucio. Lee. Mitchell etc yet we sit here with 1 league win just outside the relegation zone?

15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’ve told you the teams. They were a variation on the 18 who were in the match day squad for the LC semi final. MacDonald or Mulraney came in for the injured Naismith. Steven Naismith was the only player missing until Dunne was injured (5 games after the LC semi final) he was replaced by Berra so not much change there. Even when Naismith returned we were still beaten 2-0 by Aberdeen. And let’s not forget the 5 goal farce at Livingston in there. After the LC semi final we conceded 17 goals and scored 2 in 8 games. We won against Dundee then failed to win the next 7. In those teams were Uche and the infamous Vanecek. Naismith played in a few, Harring played in some. Berra was back Souttar another. For the majority of the games we were missing 1 of these players not 5 or 6.

Now fast forward to Saturday just gone v Rangers. We have Hickey. Whelan. White. Meshino. Uche. Mulraney. These are all better players than the likes of Garucio. Lee. Mitchell etc yet we sit here with 1 league win just outside the relegation zone?

You’re wasting your time with this one mate.

you would be better off talking to a wall.

49 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How many times out of 13 has he played anything close to 90 mins. How manY times has he looked fit to you? How much of a contribution did he make in those 13 appearances? Other than a goal in a cameo appearance at Pittodrie virtually no contribution since Dens last October. One other goal I think. 

It was 14. Not 13. Thought I’d see if you knew. You obviously were at every one of those games if you can comment on his contribution in each game. I wasn’t, about half of them. 8 out of the 14 he played the full game, 2 more he went off near the end.

That leaves the two times he went off at half time, the hooped demons semi and coming on as sub in the sheep game.

To say he’s not contributed anything in a year is a very strange comment. Pretty disrespectful to him as well as a matter of fact.

It should have been ten
14 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Are you now denying we were top of the league after beating  the best team in the country by a mile? 

Like I  said, all we ever get from you is inaccurate hyperbole. If you need that translated it’s bullshit in Scottish. 

14 hours ago, JamboAl said:

8 hours ago, XB52 said:

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Boab said:
8 hours ago, XB52 said:

Very good !

You don’t think we could be in a better place, mate ?

So called ? Want to turn this Uber ? I don’t, always ends up a bit sad. You don’t need to put our in capitals !

He's right though. 

This hasn't just been about criticism of Levein but also the players, Budge and the club to the point where Hearts "supporters" are actively encouraging others to hurt the club. 

Strange behaviour IMO.

8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

He's right though. 

This hasn't just been about criticism of Levein but also the players, Budge and the club to the point where Hearts "supporters" are actively encouraging others to hurt the club. 

Strange behaviour IMO.

Well, he should man up and name them then. It would remove any inference that it’s every critic ! 
I won’t hold my breath.

5 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

You trying to be a smart guy? 

No one ever mentioned the rules of the game>

Pretty silly to throw a 4-yr deal at him then. 

Burning money like the KLF. 

Rewarded with a 4 year contract. Great business sense.

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ann likes rewarding failure. 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Another cracking post from you.  I wonder what new excuse those dwindling Levein fan boys will come up with?

41 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do you not think he would receive a rigorous medical before we signed him?

Assuming he did, would you have signed a player of his quality, or not, based on the medical report?

46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Think he will end up on coaching staff sooner than later.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you not think he would receive a rigorous medical before we signed him?

Assuming he did, would you have signed a player of his quality, or not, based on the medical report?

What if we assume he didn’t?

The answer is the same imo. His medical history and current condition was known to the club already. 

There seems to be a lot of hindsight being used on this thread but I don’t think anybody posted that they didn’t want him signed at the time. The 4 year deal is fairly obviously the cost of getting him or we wouldn’t have offered it. If hearts hadn’t offered him the deal he wanted there would have been an absolute uproar from the fans. 

club was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Name the teams and we can decide who was in and who was out.  I'm assuming you have already done this to get the stats you presented so it should not be an extra chore.

Now fast forward to Sunday, not Saturday, when we played reasonably well but still not good enough to satisfy some our usual negative posters.  Out were Haring, Naismith, Walker, Washington, Souttar, Halkett and Morrison. That could well have been the difference between the draw we got and a win.

Edited by JamboAl

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

What if we assume he didn’t?

The answer is the same imo. His medical history and current condition was known to the club already. 

There seems to be a lot of hindsight being used on this thread but I don’t think anybody posted that they didn’t want him signed at the time. The 4 year deal is fairly obviously the cost of getting him or we wouldn’t have offered it. If hearts hadn’t offered him the deal he wanted there would have been an absolute uproar from the fans. 

club was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I think it is normal practice for a player to receive a medical before signing.

There's a lot of hindsight used on every thread by the neggies and you're spot on with the rest of that paragraph.

On 20/10/2019 at 20:11, Rudy T said:

Its been the same for most of Leveins spell as manager. When the pressure builds he seems to pull one out the bag. The facts remain though we’ve one 1 league match at home since March.

There will have to be a change with  Mulraney injured but my worry is that change as per previous week’s will involve a big reshuffle instead of just replacing Mulraney.

Exactly my worry.

Levein seems to think the formation needs changed to suit every opponent. We should  be setting up the same way every week and the opponents should worry about us(outwith trips to parkhead I would say)

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Naismith will be on the coaching staff and his quality and goalscoring ability wont wane with age.

Naismith is a class act and once he gets injury free this will be proved in spades. Lets be real here if he had signed for Killie you would have used that as a stick to hit the club with anyway.

8 minutes ago, Rods said:

Naismith will be on the coaching staff and his quality and goalscoring ability wont wane with age.

Naismith is a class act and once he gets injury free this will be proved in spades. Lets be real here if he had signed for Killie you would have used that as a stick to hit the club with anyway.

Never know, could be assisting one of his former managers next season😉

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Never know, could be assisting one of his former managers next season😉

Alex Neil.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

17 minutes ago, Rods said:

Exactly my worry.

Levein seems to think the formation needs changed to suit every opponent. We should  be setting up the same way every week and the opponents should worry about us(outwith trips to parkhead I would say)

Alex McDonald style. Home or away, Hamilton or Old Firm, the same formation, players and will to attack and win. Didn't always work out that way but it often did and was fun to watch. 

I miss the simplicity of it all. 

What do you do during the week? Well I spend most of it saying the same thing over and over again on a football forum to make myself feel better.

Some of you need to get a hobby or a more demanding job.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

What do you do during the week? Well I spend most of it saying the same thing over and over again on a football forum to make myself feel better.

Some of you need to get a hobby or a more demanding job.

This! 

Thread was started in February - 8 months ago and Craig’s still in the dugout :lol:

Edited by It should have been ten

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

You were in before my edit.

You were possibly getting mixed up with Billy Reid who was with him at Hamilton,

BTW are you suggesting Neil will be our manager?

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

You were in before my edit.

I didn't notice the mistake and knew who you meant, anyway. :lol:

Just now, It should have been ten said:

This! 

Thread was started in February - 8 months ago and Craig’s still here :lol:

If we were sitting third, this thread would have died a death a good while ago. There’s a reason it’s rumbling on.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamboAl said:

You were possibly getting mixed up with Billy Reid who was with him at Hamilton,

BTW are you suggesting Neil will be our manager?

No. I was replying to a poster who hinted that Naismith could be an assistant to a former manager he worked under.

Just now, Boab said:

If we were sitting third, this thread would have died a death a good while ago. There’s a reason it’s rumbling on.

Folk hired a plane for Neilson when we were 3rd. You can bet your bottom dollar that this thread would still be going if we were 3rd.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Folk hired a plane for Neilson when we were 3rd. You can bet your bottom dollar that this thread would still be going if we were 3rd.

True. Hopefully a good few results and it will slip down the pages though. Nobody, who has the club at heart, wants this form to continue. Some just don’t think he can deliver that on a consistent basis. 
Doesn’t need a perpetual bun fight mind.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Boab said:

True. Hopefully a good few results and it will slip down the pages though. Nobody, who has the club at heart, wants this form to continue. Some just don’t think he can deliver that on a consistent basis. 

Good post. 

Just now, Boab said:

It's what some people do between games. Even on an international break.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic