Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

There is no excuse, none, for that performance today. Once again too many loose passes no one making runs to create space for others. There comes a time when the number of individual errors mount up till they are no longer individual and are systemic instead. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Because if you worked on passing, tactics and formation you should hang your head in shame. On monday resign as manager and take your so called Bootroom with you.

Edited by mitch41

I'm growing weary of week after week of pishy results. St Mirren are not a good team. At home we should be taking 2 or 3 off them. Its not a mountainous task ffs. This seasons a busted flush (again). 

I’m definitely a glass half full Hearts fan and have backed and defended Levein until now, but today was the straw that broke the camels back. That’s Dundee, 3 times vs Livi, twice vs St Mirren and a host of other poor performances. It’s all very well beating Hibs and Killie away, but if you can’t beat the above teams we’ll never amount to anything!

This isn’t kneejerk it’s been building up for a while...?

Edited by Combo1974

Makes you wonder...

Throw ins still not good enough, play is pedestrian most of the time.

There is little time for the players to form bonds with so much changing. Injuries didn't help that, but even now...

So very frustrating, the team is clearly a lot more capable than the shite today

I will continue to hand over my cash to the club as its in my DNA but now choose to spend my time away from watching us under Levein....its incredible how pitiful we are under him ?

wattie exploited

time to change the manager I really like Craig but the football has been shit for ages now its a fact !!!!!!    

SpruceBringsteen

Tried to remain positive with the guy, but that's enough now. If he wants to go and watch the bairns that's fine, but every single other trace of his "plan" should be flushed down the ****ing bogpan where it belongs.

Nowt would be the answer, hard to see how the fanboys can still support him but they will with vigour. 

Time to go Craig. 

I've been behind levein but the last few games have been poor.  No excuses now with players back.   It's just not working and it's not good enough.

We need a new lease of life, 

Someone new to freshen things up. 

The Fans deserve better than this. 

He needs to go completely unfortunately. No Director of football role. 

Clean slate. 

Levein needs to find something. 

We have the players. It's **** all to do with width and formations etc. 

The players aren't playing with ideas. We don't need players who can sprint like Bolt we have players good enough to make the ball do the work. Pace is good and it's always a handy thing to have. We have some quick players. 

We should be able to win the ball back in our own box and put it in the opposition goal in 2-3 passes. No real pace required just an accuracy and an urgency to complete the move. 

First 8-10 games this season we weren't brilliant but we played with a plan. It worked and even if we were not on our game we were solid in defence and took our chances. 

6 minutes ago, Combo1974 said:

I’m definitely a glass half full Heart fan and have backed and defended Levein until now, but today was the straw that broke the camels back. That’s Dundee, 3 times vs Livi, twice vs St Mirren and a host of other poor performances. It’s all very well beating Hibs and Killie away, but if you can’t beat the above teams we’ll never amount to anything!

This isn’t kneejerk it’s been building up for a while...?

Me too, I've backed Levein up till now but I've had enough now. the

I'm just bored with it now. We're absolutely gash. St Mirren are a club we should be upping our goal difference against. Not whatever that was. 

The play is so robotic and predictable at times. Tap it across the back, out to a so called winger, who passes it back to the full back. And repeat. Then when we do go forward, there is too much hesitation that any space we could've occupied is gone. Then a predictable pass out wide.

Just such little creativity from the players too much of the time. Why is that? Is it the training/tactics? Are they just not that good? Given we've our player turn over, maybe the methods are the problem.

Show some respect... Levein prepared a tactical  masterplan that nullified high flying St Mirren and ensured a much prized point stayed at Tynecastle.

I just hope we can hang onto our dynamic proactive boss in the face of interest from down south!!!

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

We worked on fancy freekicks that came off once when we played an amateur side

Ftfy. That routine does my ****ing head in and judging by the general response in the stands, I'm not the only one 

1 minute ago, kila said:

The play is so robotic and predictable at times. Tap it across the back, out to a so called winger, who passes it back to the full back. And repeat. Then when we do go forward, there is too much hesitation that any space we could've occupied is gone. Then a predictable pass out wide.

Just such little creativity from the players too much of the time. Why is that? Is it the training/tactics? Are they just not that good? Given we've our player turn over, maybe the methods are the problem.

Pass to a winger?

Even Morrison was at right back when he came on!!!

1 minute ago, Haken said:

I've been behind levein but the last few games have been poor.  No excuses now with players back.   It's just not working and it's not good enough.

This in spades. Can’t believe I took the Mrs away for the weekend and left her to drive up to the game and watch that garbage.

I need my head looked at. 

He should give everyone a few days off till Wednesday as at least we’ll have an excuse for playing p15h! 

Simply inexcusable!

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Ftfy. That routine does my ****ing head in and judging by the general response in the stands, I'm not the only one 

:D in fairness, I think we worked a good one at Kilmarnock...

But otherwise...

10 men behind the ball for Sts all game and relied on breakaways. We just didn’t know how to get past the 10 man defence despi.te have to wingers

Edited by Dannie Boy

We don’t seem to have any real style of play, everything is so slow and plodding. 

Id like to know what we work on during the week at training as it’s not obvious from watching us play. 

I also dont don’t think the constant changing of players and formations is helping. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Pass to a winger?

Even Morrison was at right back when he came on!!!

Was meaning in general, that wasn't unique to today of course

But if you're just wanting to highlight how ridiculous it was with Morrison at RB then :thumbsup:

Yip. Since the break both our form and results especially at Tynie have been shocking.

Keep CL till the end of the season - without trying appear dramatic I am beginning to start thinking of reasons not to go. 

We have failed to beat St mirren and Dundee and Livingston at home after celtic game we are not at home till end of march we are worse away from home. He will get a couple of results to keep his head above the water hopefully he will be gone by end of the season can use no excuses left

SpruceBringsteen
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

I love to meet such qualified coaches.

You don't need to be a gastroenterologist to recognise shite tbh.

It will be sad to see Craig Levein go. His intensions are clear, His dedication is unquestionable, but we need to freshen things up now. 

5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Mate - you could have never been to a football game in your life before and had a stab with what was wrong today sadly. It’s is so predictable and slow 

3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Not really what point you are making...

I always look to see the positives and think some are too quick to criticise both Levein and the players, however we are now just so pedestrian and seem to have totally run out of ideas. Levein doesn’t seem to know how to change things or get the players up for these games. We start on the back foot and never seem to manage to get on top.

Players getting shunted around into different positions that aren’t natural to them; a lack of width; a lack on creativity; a lack of urgency; just a general lack of confidenc...all things that a manager can influence. Levein himself seems to be lacking oomph...

Just now, kila said:

Was meaning in general, that wasn't unique to today of course

But if you're just wanting to highlight how ridiculous it was with Morrison at RB then :thumbsup:

Today was beyond belief, one up front and no winger.

I assumed we would go 352 given the line up and was astonished it was a back 4.

I then assumed Clare would be right midfield, yet he seemed to have license to wherever he wanted, which consistently left Souttar isolated.  The situation on the left was the same with Djoum and Mulraney.

How Keena failed to make it onto the park today is also mystifying... Bozanic offers nothing.

I feel things will need to get a lot worse before we see the back of Levein.

He may step aside after a few more woeful results like today but he'll just hide in the office again and nothing on the pitch will change.

My prediction is we'll see the kind of unrest from supporters like the pieman days. He is too arrogant and stubborn to call it a day and Budge is too naive in a football sense to see whats happening in front of her. Its always been my opinion we're onto a loser with Levein. He has to go.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic