Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I heard earlier today that Levein has only beaten Rangers once in his managerial career. If true I’d be amazed if victory number two comes tomorrow.

Beat them once in an end of season dead rubber game (with Hearts). No idea if he beat them when with Dundee Utd.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How stupid a score is a stupid score? Once they go 3 in front, we could easily collapse and lose 6. We've lost heavily to much poorer sevco sides without any hint of a sacking.

To be honest tomorrow is a free hit for me with Levein. I expect nothing but would like a performance where we dont bend over to the old firm.

If they were to do us 5 or 6 - NIL. That would constitute a silly score at home. Questions would need answered after a result like that. 

Edited by TheOak88

If we get away with a 3-0 defeat we'll be doing well given a few of their last scores. Not that I think they're anything great but it's more on how terrible we are.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I believe there have been warnings issued by mods on this very thread for claiming posters aren’t hearts fans. Sure he said it was against rules even to do it ‘cleverly’. 

Quite right too.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How stupid a score is a stupid score? Once they go 3 in front, we could easily collapse and lose 6. We've lost heavily to much poorer sevco sides without any hint of a sacking.

To be honest tomorrow is a free hit for me with Levein. I expect nothing but would like a performance where we dont bend over to the old firm.

I really don't know. 

But, I think if we do lose it won't be a bad score anyway. Folk getting a bit excited imo. 

Also, Bit harsh on CL  we've given celtic a few good games last couple of seasons after complete anhilation for 5/6 years. 

Rangers I agree with, complete shit show. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I really don't know. 

But, I think if we do lose it won't be a bad score anyway. Folk getting a bit excited imo. 

Also, Bit harsh on CL  we've given celtic a few good games last couple of seasons after complete anhilation for 5/6 years. 

Rangers I agree with, complete shit show. 

His record against them is W3 D2 L22

🤣

7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Just to add a bit of perspective 

Hearts Scotland 2017 present 103 42 26 35 40.78

hard to imagine we’ve played rangers 103 times in two years. Don’t think your stats are right.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, gedster said:

Some happy clappers still insist he's the future and merely needs more chances!

:pleasing:

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

We were the only top 6 side to lose all 4 games against them  last season. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We were the only top 6 side to lose all 4 games against them  last season. 

Sorry mate, that was his record against Celtic I posted.

Just showing it's equally as shite. 🤣

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

Aye, but before the last few seasons under him we'd not beat them In 5/6 years and had 7-0 Hammering handed out. 

Also a few narrow defeats to them. 

In his first spell the of never lost many games at all In All honesty 

Most managers that have hung about in Scotland have a poor record v the of over the past two decades. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Since My first Hearts game in 1965 I can’t think of a game where I wanted Hearts to lose. I must be doing this wrong. 

It’s literally physically impossible for me to hope Hearts lose. My gut won’t let me. That’s why I genuinely can’t relate to comments on here. 

The worrying thing is I’m not as pissed off - day half-ruined type pissed off - when we lose these days as I do kind of expect it. It’s apathy among fans that will eventually force change if anything does.

Edited by ToqueJambo

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I imagine our record against The Rangers would be considerably better given a level playing field.

killie beat them more times last season than Craig Levein has managed over his entire hearts managerial  career.

Edited by GinRummy

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, but before the last few seasons under him we'd not beat them In 5/6 years and had 7-0 Hammering handed out. 

Also a few narrow defeats to them. 

In his first spell the of never lost many games at all In All honesty 

Most managers that have hung about in Scotland have a poor record v the of over the past two decades. 

out of our main rivals, killie, Aberdeen and hibs who do you think has the worst record against them. I’m going to stick my neck out and say us. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I get Leveins record vs rangers is atrocious, but where is this extreme negativity coming from? Noone has hammered us this season. We’ve actually performed best against the better teams this season so far. We even scored two of Celtics goals for them. Back the team ffs.

Edited by ToqueJambo

11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sorry mate, that was his record against Celtic I posted.

Just showing it's equally as shite. 🤣

👍

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Scenario. Hibs are in a relegation battle at the end of the season. With nothing tangible to play for, Hearts face Hibs' only rivals for relegation. If we lose, Hibs go down. If we win, Hibs stay up by getting a result in their last game.

Deep in your gut, what is your preferred outcome?

That’s not the scenario on Sunday. We need to win.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

out of our main rivals, killie, Aberdeen and hibs who do you think has the worst record against them. I’m going to stick my neck out and say us. 

Maybe. 

But over what, 5, 10, 20 years?

Aberdeen recently just won at Ibrox for the first time in 25 years. 

Don't think any club has a good record v them. 

Hibs have also missed 4 seasons v celtic in the past 20 years, we've missed 1, Aberdeen none. 

Bit of a pointless argument imo. 

Anyway, my point was over the past few seasons we've done better v celtic than rangers. 

Beaten them a couple of times and a few narrow defeats. 

Rangers seem to walk over us all the time. 

Wasn't looking for an argument tbh. 

Strange place this, folk seem  determined to make Hearts and CL look as shite as possible. 

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s literally physically impossible for me to hope Hearts lose. My gut won’t let me. That’s why I genuinely can’t relate to comments on here. 

The worrying thing is I’m not as pissed off - day half-ruined type pissed off - when we lose these days as I do kind of expect it. It’s apathy among fans that will eventually force change if anything does.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I get Leveins record vs rangers is atrocious, but where is this extreme negativity coming from? Noone has hammered us this season. We’ve actually performed best against the better teams this season so far. We even scored two of Celtics goals for them. Back the team ffs.

Never will enter my head either, mate, to wish for anything other than a Hearts win.

The negativity is coming from the fact that we are sitting second bottom tonight with as tough a game as you can imagine tomorrow, with the chances of victory slim in reality !

Lose that and we go into a game away with the only team below us. It’s extremely difficult not to be negative. He should have been long gone. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe. 

But over what, 5, 10, 20 years?

Aberdeen recently just won at Ibrox for the first time in 25 years. 

Don't think any club has a good record v them. 

Hibs have also missed 4 seasons v celtic in the past 20 years, we've missed 1, Aberdeen none. 

Bit of a pointless argument imo. 

Anyway, my point was over the past few seasons we've done better v celtic than rangers. 

Beaten them a couple of times and a few narrow defeats. 

Rangers seem to walk over us all the time. 

Wasn't looking for an argument tbh. 

Strange place this, folk seem  determined to make Hearts and CL look as shite as possible. 

Not particularly looking for an argument either. 

your last sentence though. Nobody needs to make hearts look shite under Craig Levein. He’s doing a sterling job of that on his own..

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

What a sobering set of stats. 

A born loser picking up probably a decent salary.

He has no shame.

31 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I imagine our record against The Rangers would be considerably better given a level playing field.

Leave that level playing field pish to hibs, they love to rattle that line out to justify their record v us.

37 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

Tomorrow will be his 50th league game he has managed against the old firm and only won four.  

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Never will enter my head either, mate, to wish for anything other than a Hearts win.

The negativity is coming from the fact that we are sitting second bottom tonight with as tough a game as you can imagine tomorrow, with the chances of victory slim in reality !

Lose that and we go into a game away with the only team below us. It’s extremely difficult not to be negative. He should have been long gone. 

Not disagreeing but the main problem this season has been our games vs teams we should beat. Levein will have to work out how to beat Rangers eventually. Hopefully tomorrow.

I imagine Hearts record v. Rangers would be better if we spent £51 million that we didn't have.

It would certainly be better if the matches were also refereed by Hearts supporting referees.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Tomorrow will be his 50th league game he has managed against the old firm and only won four.  

Embarrassing.

27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

IMHO apathy will have absolutely no effect on him or the regime at all and most certainly not force change.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

I imagine Hearts record v. Rangers would be better if we spent £51 million that we didn't have.

It would certainly be better if the matches were also refereed by Hearts supporting referees.

Sort of like an alternate universe type of thing? Can Superman be in it?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not particularly looking for an argument either. 

your last sentence though. Nobody needs to make hearts look shite under Craig Levein. He’s doing a sterling job of that on his own..

Absolutely

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sort of like an alternate universe type of thing? Can Superman be in it?

Now you know fine well that these posters "live in the real world" 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

IMHO apathy will have absolutely no effect on him or the regime at all and most certainly not force change.

Nah, apathy is the real killer. Once people stop caring they stop going. Football clubs survive because fans follow them through and thin.

Anyhow, Levein is away end of the season at latest. We might yet change manager mid season but that does always come with risks so it might not be the magic bullet many want. Budge seemed pretty clear that Levein is on his last chance and while shes backed him for now if results don’t improve more often like they did against hibs and aberdeen, then we’ll see a change.

Edited by ToqueJambo

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

Screenshot_20191019-144927_Instagram.jpg

Craig is on course to similar records against all the other teams in the league. 

Apart from the Hobbits that is. ☺️

Gorgie Boys are in town.
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A born loser picking up probably a decent salary.

He has no shame.

If rumours are true, and I did hear from a good source, its at least £150k a year. I hope I am wrong. 

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

and this “free hit” will leave in a relegation play off position.....wonderful.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not disagreeing but the main problem this season has been our games vs teams we should beat. Levein will have to work out how to beat Rangers eventually. Hopefully tomorrow.

Not just this season, mate. This thread started in Feb after another awful performance against a team bottom of the league. One of the teams we should be beating at Tynecastle. Now, we’re nearly there !

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

If rumours are true, and I did hear from a good source, its at least £150k a year. I hope I am wrong. 

A wage thief.

Cory McNamara
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I heard earlier today that Levein has only beaten Rangers once in his managerial career. If true I’d be amazed if victory number two comes tomorrow.

3 - Dundee United, if you want to take this experience into consideration.

So now CL is a "wage thief" according to some. All because someone posts what he THINKS he might be getting paid based on hearsay. 

The levein haters really do like a good whine.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

So now CL is a "wage thief" according to some. All because someone posts what he THINKS he might be getting paid based on hearsay. 

🤣🤣🤣 were 2nd bottom of the league ,we obviously hate Levein.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Levein’s renumeration(s) are quite low going by what people are saying he’s on and looking at other managers...McInnes for example.

It’s not his money that concerns me, it’s the club’s money that’s been spent on getting us to the position we’re in.

31 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Steve Clarke got results against Rangers on a Kilmarnock budget. 

1 minute ago, Robert Lazar said:

Steve Clarke got results against Rangers on a Kilmarnock budget. 

:thumbsup:

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic