Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hate to say it, but the waiting for him to go still has quite a bit to run I suspect. ☹️

Of course it does, what do we do? Just sit back and say oh well?

To be honest that's what I'm doing. It's tiring to hear folk being optimistic because they're only kidding themselves on.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Levein is only two wins away from winning the League Cup and becoming a Club Legend.

Come on Craigy boy and the Hearts team, prove the doubters wrong.

We'll start with 3 points tomorrow.

3 pints of vodka and that might start feeling like a realistic scenario.

Posters can sod off with this “free hit” chat. 

Absolute bottom-6, pathetic loser, diddy team mentality. 

And also wrong. When you feck up the last 12 months so badly and, more specifically, find yourself in a relegation spot after 8 games...every point is precious. 

Ex member of the SaS

By all accounts a great battling performance that simply papers over the cracks.

Will take a 1-1 as we need the points but we should have been playing like this against the lower league teams.

Sadly doesn't change my opinion he has to go and not just back upstairs. 

Bazzas right boot

He's clearly still got the players on side. 

The game today changes nothing tho, we need wins v the lesser teams in the next few games. 

This game was good for confidence, we need to build on it with wins. 

Do that and we're rocking. 

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Seriously. 

Credit where it's due. We're quick enough to criticise.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The game today changes nothing tho, we need wins v the lesser teams in the next few games. 

Completely agree. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Exactly. Next two games as wins, and the atmosphere will change quickly. 

We are quick to moan (and what football fans arent) but with a head of steam, no one will be winning at Tynecastle again.

The frustrating thing about today is that when we are set out the right way, we show we are a good side.

How many points have we thrown away playing variations of a back 3 when it is blindingly obvious we are a 4231 side!!

Todays formation was spot on, can we trust Levein to keep changes to a minimum v Livingston?

Ex member of the SaS
15 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Exactly. Next two games as wins, and the atmosphere will change quickly. 

We are quick to moan (and what football fans arent) but with a head of steam, no one will be winning at Tynecastle again.

So a draw writes off the last three years? Football fans are fickle but even winning the next two doesn't change the fact we have been dire for a long time.

28 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

By all accounts a great battling performance that simply papers over the cracks.

Will take a 1-1 as we need the points but we should have been playing like this against the lower league teams.

Sadly doesn't change my opinion he has to go and not just back upstairs. 

Your first 3 words negates anything afterwards. You weren't at the game and couldn't even be bothered watching on the telly.

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Your first 3 words negates anything afterwards. You weren't at the game and couldn't even be bothered watching on the telly.

Haven't been to a game since having to give up my season ticket due to ill health. As for today I had to attend a family birthday or I would have been watching on TV, yelling the team on ( even though they couldn't hear me! ) 

Ps kept sneaking a look at my phone  though.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So a draw writes off the last three years? Football fans are fickle but even winning the next two doesn't change the fact we have been dire for a long time.

Off topic but are you actually an ex member of the SAS?

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Would you say we had turned a corner if we had a new manager in today and also won the next 2?

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

No it doesn't. I watched the game on TV  and totally agree. It was a battling performance, it was a performance we're entitled to expect against the "lower" teams that has been sadly lacking. There's  still clear deficiencies in CM & creative areas of the pitch where we need to do much better. But they got a point and hopefully will go on  to better things. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Would you say we had turned a corner if we had a new manager in today and also won the next 2?

With a new manager, I would suggest yes it would be turning a corner. How many times has Levein put out a battling team only to revert to defending in the next game? His inconsistency in tactics and team selections means we won't get two games the same.

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Doesn't write it off. Does start moving in the right direction.

The start of last season being case in point. Amazing start, very happy and vocal fans, and teams really worrying about us.

A repeat of that, and also consistently picking up points is absolutely possible, and I'm hoping it happens. This year I think, aside from the arsecheeks, who outspend everyone on a ridiculous scale, the final league placings will be much tighter than usual. And a nice run and regular points will see us top 4. And top 4 this season, plus getting to the Scottish cup final, would do me nicely. I also wouldn't say no to winning the Scottish cup :)

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

With a new manager, I would suggest yes it would be turning a corner. How many times has Levein put out a battling team only to revert to defending in the next game? His inconsistency in tactics and team selections means we won't get two games the same.

Your first sentence is fair enough but the rest is just rubbish if we are assuming (as you suggested) that we win our next 2 games.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, jake said:

Off topic but are you actually an ex member of the SAS?

Of course he is.

:laugh:

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Well done to Levein and the team today.

Signs that we could dig ourselves out of this hole.

Which is great in the short term but still massive question marks over the leadership on and off the park. Can’t have a manager also being on the board of directors. 

Celebrating a draw at home against Rankers is about as feeble as you can get. We have played nine games and have 7 points that’s the grim reality. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Prof said:

Celebrating a draw at home against Rankers is about as feeble as you can get. We have played nine games and have 7 points that’s the grim reality. 

A decent performance but just papering over the cracks.

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Which is great in the short term but still massive question marks over the leadership on and off the park. Can’t have a manager also being on the board of directors. 

The club is in a brilliant place. 

If we start winning games and moving up the table none of that will matter.

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

You know your post totally contradicts itself.

8 minutes ago, Mort said:

Can't argue with that, it's not going to happen mid season but a shake up is definitely needed, a different setup with fresh ideas. 

It was much better today, but not enough to forget what has gone before, there is a player in Clare, I thought people where joking.

23 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Team selection was all wrong again today . 

According to many pre kick off .

8 minutes ago, Prof said:

Actually the grim reality is that they have a multi million pound squad and will finish miles ahead of everyone outside Celtic because of that. Another reality is that only Celtic have taken any points at all from them prior to this game and a further reality is that few others will do that.

I'm pretty sure they would be celebrating a 1-1 if the situation were reversed and they were facing Barcelona at home.

23 minutes ago, Prof said:

Celebrate?

Where ?

End of the game the reaction wasnt celebration but given what most of us expected it was pleasant.

Anyway I have always been suspicious of you.

15 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Team selection was all wrong again today . 

According to many pre kick off .

I was one of those mate.

Glad to eat the pie that's filled with humble

17 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

It was much better today, but not enough to forget what has gone before, there is a player in Clare, I thought people where joking.

Would love him to prove me wrong mate.

As an aside around me there was plenty of encouragement for him and Jake(I will always back him).

I've yet to hear of unreasonable criticism of those two from the stands despite claims from some.

6 minutes ago, jake said:

Celebrate?

Where ?

End of the game the reaction wasnt celebration but given what most of us expected it was pleasant.

Anyway I have always been suspicious of you.

:lol: 

16 minutes ago, jake said:

I was one of those mate.

Glad to eat the pie that's filled with humble

Well said .

Re criticism of Clare , I hear it constantly , often unfair .

Mind you the posh boy behind me constantly moaning about Michael Smith takes the biscuit 

A hungry team, getting in opposition faces, reluctant to shell it at the first chance, not constantly passing back to the centre halves, a player left up when defending corners. 

Are we sure that was actually levein in the dug out today :laugh:

Im long past wanting to give him more time, he could’ve snuck the win today and it wouldn’t have changed my mind but if the team played with that urgency and grit every week we wouldn’t be getting beat of your Ross county’s etc at tynecastle at the very least.   

Thought his Meshino sub was poor but apart from that he set us up well today. 

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

A hungry team, getting in opposition faces, reluctant to shell it at the first chance, not constantly passing back to the centre halves, a player left up when defending corners. 

Are we sure that was actually levein in the dug out today :laugh:

Im long past wanting to give him more time, he could’ve snuck the win today and it wouldn’t have changed my mind but if the team played with that urgency and grit every week we wouldn’t be getting beat of your Ross county’s etc at tynecastle at the very least.   

Thought his Meshino sub was poor but apart from that he set us up well today. 

Meshino looked knackered.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Meshino looked knackered.

Do you think so?

I thought he was still chasing down well but you could be right.

Just now, Morph said:

Do you think so?

I thought he was still chasing down well but you could be right.

Aye I thought he was struggling to keep up. Was still doing the running but starting to struggle. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

It's funny how 300 pages later and he's still here, not 5 or 6 but 300

Aye it’s amazing for an imposter.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We've been dogshite for a year barring one or 2 freak result. The rangers are spending big again and will win the league this season because the celtic board went for the cheap option after brenda left.

I'll be in the ground backing the team but not a chance in hell will we get a positive result. You have seen us in the last 12 months I take it?? Thats where the negativity is coming from.

Not the hammering you expected then?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Gutted we never got papped, so I could be on here bashing away about how CL is shit, Hearts are shite  and Ann is shite if she doesnie sack him... Type post. 

Tragic. 

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not the hammering you expected then?

Nope, pleasantly surprised by our performance today. Very decent indeed.

Great result and performance today. 

6 points from the next 2 matches please. 

Last time I said that we got 1point. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic