Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

If we were sitting third, this thread would have died a death a good while ago. There’s a reason it’s rumbling on.

Yes because people enjoy repeating themselves. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

28 minutes ago, martoon said:

Alex McDonald style. Home or away, Hamilton or Old Firm, the same formation, players and will to attack and win. Didn't always work out that way but it often did and was fun to watch. 

I miss the simplicity of it all. 

Football is a simple game but CL seems to think he is Pep Guardiola we play teams in the SPL lets play to our strengths and not worry about other teams.

12 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Yes because people enjoy repeating themselves. 

Very much so. I respect everyone’s view on the present state of things on the park. The table doesn’t lie though. As I say, a good few wins and it will disappear.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Out of interest did anyone see the liverpool v red bull Salzburg game the other week?

Saw the second half.

16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Saw the second half.

Salzburg could have buckled under the pressure of a European night at Anfield.Instead they had an attacking mindset and the forward thinking of their manager to take them on and attack them.Best form of defence is attack...that is the kind of manager we need,someone who has no fear of the opposition and has the confidence to let his team go out and express themselves and enjoy their football.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Salzburg could have buckled under the pressure of a European night at Anfield.Instead they had an attacking mindset and the forward thinking of their manager to take them on and attack them.Best form of defence is attack...that is the kind of manager we need,someone who has no fear of the opposition and has the confidence to let his team go out and express themselves and enjoy their football.

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

What do you do during the week? Well I spend most of it saying the same thing over and over again on a football forum to make myself feel better.

Some of you need to get a hobby or a more demanding job.

You spend a time on here repeating yourself going on about others repeating themselves.  It's not up to you how often we discuss how the manager is doing, or if posters want him here or not.  There is no way this thread would still be here if we were third.  We have been shite for nearly two years, that's why this thread is still on the go.  The Neilson plane was just a handful of fans but it's a very large majority that want levein gone. If its only posters repeating themselves, why come on this thread if you know what you're getting?  Leave it to those who want to discuss it.  You need a hobby or a more demanding job...

Bazzas right boot

What do you do during the week? Well I spend most of it saying the same thing over and over again on a football forum to make myself feel better.

Tbf, no one needs a more demanding joab. 

10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Time will tell.can only pass on what I know.

Proceed. You have the floor. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You’re on here all the time you wet wipe :rofl:

25 minutes ago, martoon said:

Proceed. You have the floor. 

As I said earlier.....

100FFF88-91A2-4291-9A42-C560273F3AF0.jpeg

5 hours ago, Boab said:

It was 14. Not 13. Thought I’d see if you knew. You obviously were at every one of those games if you can comment on his contribution in each game. I wasn’t, about half of them. 8 out of the 14 he played the full game, 2 more he went off near the end.

That leaves the two times he went off at half time, the hooped demons semi and coming on as sub in the sheep game.

To say he’s not contributed anything in a year is a very strange comment. Pretty disrespectful to him as well as a matter of fact.

I don’t count games as I go along but looking at the club website it’s 13 appearances since Dens, 8 completed games, the remainder 77 mins, 75, 46,45,24. That’s 13 out of 35 competitive first team fixtures. So he has completed 8/35, less than 25%. I’d say that’s not much of a contribution for our most capped, most expensive player. 

Just out of interest I was at 10 of them and like I said not much of a contribution. From Dec until his injury recurred against Celtic he was a shadow of his former self imo 

35 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’re on here all the time you wet wipe :rofl:

You must be mistaking me for somebody else i'm afraid.

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

The Neilson plane was just a handful of fans but it's a very large majority that want levein gone.

This thread is just a handful of fans in the grand scheme of things, but im glad my post seems to have touched a nerve.

26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t count games as I go along but looking at the club website it’s 13 appearances since Dens, 8 completed games, the remainder 77 mins, 75, 46,45,24. That’s 13 out of 35 competitive first team fixtures. So he has completed 8/35, less than 25%. I’d say that’s not much of a contribution for our most capped, most expensive player. 

Just out of interest I was at 10 of them and like I said not much of a contribution. From Dec until his injury recurred against Celtic he was a shadow of his former self imo 

Fair enough, I’ll say 13 then as the 14th was the demons Semi when he lasted 5 mins.

It’s a strange juxtaposition we find ourselves in as Naismith being out is cited as big loss but when he has appeared in the last year, his contribution has been negligible ?

Maybe then his return shouldn’t be used as the big injury stick that some have been waving on this thread the past few months.

In our last five games, we've won at Easter Road, eliminated Aberdeen from the League Cup and managed a credible draw with a resurgent Rangers team. Perhaps time to put this thread on the back burner and give the team our full support for the next couple of months?

Alternatively, at least put some effort into the arguments so we can eclipse the Bury North Super Thread ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Fair enough, I’ll say 13 then as the 14th was the demons Semi when he lasted 5 mins.

It’s a strange juxtaposition we find ourselves in as Naismith being out is cited as big loss but when he has appeared in the last year, his contribution has been negligible ?

Maybe then his return shouldn’t be used as the big injury stick that some have been waving on this thread the past few months.

Agreed. I’m certainly not one of them. His contribution during our unbeaten run at the start of last season was a key element and he was clearly missed after injury. Last season also had long injury absences for Berra, Soutar, Smith, Uche et al. Naismith has been missed this season but imo only as part of a large group of players whom we have also missed through injury. The hype re his absence has clearly been overdone in some places. My belief is that we have missed all of the players who have been injured in particular Soutar, Halkett, Washington, Walker, Naismith and Haring but largely as a group not just as individuals. The backbone of Leveins first choice team has hardly played this season, certainly not as a unit. I have no doubt if those six had been available so far this season and Dikamona, White, Keena, Morrison, Damour, Clare had been the injured group then we would undoubtedly be top three or four at this time. 

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Do you not think he would receive a rigorous medical before we signed him?

Assuming he did, would you have signed a player of his quality, or not, based on the medical report?

There was more to it than that I reckon. 

42 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This thread is just a handful of fans in the grand scheme of things, but im glad my post seems to have touched a nerve.

The quicker Levein is gone the quicker this thread can fold. I'm not sure I understand what your problem is. Hearts fans wanting a seriously underperforming manager removed from his post............what a shocker right enough!!

Just now, innerjambo said:

The quicker Levein is gone the quicker this thread can fold. I'm not sure I understand what your problem is. Hearts fans wanting a seriously underperforming manager removed from his post............what a shocker right enough!!

You obviously don't understand what my problem is going by your post.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You obviously don't understand what my problem is going by your post.

Never realised you had a problem. Kind of thought you’d just found the time to post on a thread you don’t like to communicate with people whose views you have no time for while taking a well earned break from your demanding job and hobbies. I’m sure we are all grateful. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Never realised you had a problem. Kind of thought you’d just found the time to post on a thread you don’t like to communicate with people whose views you have no time for while taking a well earned break from your demanding job and hobbies. I’m sure we are all grateful. 

Another person who struggles with reading it seems.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

:laugh:

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Anyhow. I'm sure Levein has enjoyed his birthday watching Wee Hearts win on penalties.

Levein needs to get a hobby or a less demanding job. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

trolling and chucking insults about is fairly easy to comprehend. 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Then why don't you enlighten us, or remove yourself from this thread and give us all peace??

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

trolling and chucking insults about is fairly easy to comprehend. 

But even now you aren't managing to do even that simple task.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Then why don't you enlighten us, or remove yourself from this thread and give us all peace??

Nah. I made my point a while ago but you haven't managed to grasp it. Many others have managed.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic