Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You could be right. 
Osh wasnt in his early 30’s though. 
Martin was paid peanuts. Initial, and only deal, was low wage, long term ie 3.5 years, with plan to adjust wages if he could hack it. Clearly he didn’t. Was one of the lowest weekly paid first team players excl the kids. 
Recent over 30 deals have not been extravagant so I wouldn’t expect Naismith to be either. Hughes was basically on pay per play contract in last year as an example. Naismith could well be on the same sort of deal or a mix of basic plus pay per play. I have no idea, do you? 
In football every signing is a gamble. 

That makes it all sound not too bad but i find it hard to believe. Naismith will be the highest paid player at the club, it wouldn't surprise me if he's been given something extra from the "beneficiaries"

In short, i think we've spunked a hell of a lot of money and to be where we are in the league, it's mental. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think he would if results were really bad. I believe he was close two or three weeks ago around the Killie game. His comments certainly suggested so. Sunday might have been a turning point, this Sat will be the test of that 

Like the turning point after Hibs and Aberdeen games when we got 1 point from StMirren and Kilmarnock. 

See if the club came out and said, aye,  we paid £250,000 for wighton but we think he will come good...

I wouldn't be as bothered. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. We all mistakes. 

But no, they make us all raging at it because they don't tell us shit. 

Edited by Robert Lazar

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Knew this post was bullshit when you said you had a friend.

Quality banter

We have played against almost half of the remaining Group Teams (13 from 28 I think) in this years Champions League Group Stages yet we cannot compete in the SPFL.

Have been on a few European trips and enjoyed them particularly Bordeaux, Basle, Stuttgart and Braga.

Why are we not involved?

Thoughts?

We beat Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1 in a friendly in the 80s.   Eintracht took 3 off Real Madrid in a European Cup final.

We should be Spanish champions.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because we are shite?

Yes! 

But stating the obvious mate!

The question is why we are not competing in Europe when everything other than the football side seems to be a success.

In reality we do not compete in the SPFL.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

We beat Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1 in a friendly in the 80s.   Eintracht took 3 off Real Madrid in a European Cup final.

We should be Spanish champions.

I think I was 11 then mate!

been here before
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I think Craig Levein's name is about to be mentioned.    Amirite?

Would be my guess.

Perhaps Ann Budge too.

been here before
Just now, Victorian said:

The club stealer?

Thats the one. She fancies Craig Levein.

Might also be worth mentioning "the football side of the club" too just to keep the thread on track with the 400 others.

Just now, been here before said:

Thats the one. She fancies Craig Levein.

Might also be worth mentioning "the football side of the club" too just to keep the thread on track with the 400 others.

Sounds like there's a shambles going on.     Any knackered pitches or poor player nutrition happening?

Because Scottish football is dire and we would be far better off in a British league or just joining the English leagues. The injection of capital would be surreal and we would draw massive crowds.

I'd rather be competing for Europa league spots in a British/English Prem (which we would inevitably get into due to our size and what we will attract in terms of investment and players) than finishing at best 3rd in the Scottish Premiership playing pub teams at least twice a season and only having decent games against four other teams.

The problem is Scottish football's quality. Why it is so underdeveloped, what happened to it etc is not something I can answer.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sounds like there's a shambles going on.     Any knackered pitches or poor player nutrition happening?

Well Im not ITK but its my understanding that the medical side of things is responsible for crippling most of the team but no-ones telling us. There's rumours that Naismith doesnt even exist anymore but Budge wont tell anyone because it might impact on the 72% interest she's charging on her loan.

Her Hibby brother and Levein are responsible for the pitch fiasco. The last 3rd of the pitch toward the Roseburn end is digital and isnt really there. Its done with some mirrors and bits of Peter Harings luxurious hair.

Edited by been here before

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Yes! 

But stating the obvious mate!

The question is why we are not competing in Europe when everything other than the football side seems to be a success.

In reality we do not compete in the SPFL.

1) Levein is a shite manager.

2) our shite recruitment has left us with a shite squad.

It’s not an Agatha Christie novel.

Yeah, we rinsed Braga at Murrayfield and went to Basle and won. Weren’t we the first Brit team to beat Basle at home? I remember reading that SAF had sent a letter congratulating Hearts at the time.

But its all about the 💰💰💰

Edited by ShedBoy

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Well Im not ITK but its my understanding that the medical side of things is responsible for crippling most of the team but no-ones telling us. There's rumours that Naismith doesnt even exist anymore but Budge wont tell anyone because it might impact on the 72% interest she's charging on her loan.

Her Hibby brother and Levein are responsible for the pitch fiasco. The last 3rd of the pitch toward the Roseburn end is digital and isnt really there. Its done with some mirrors and bits of Peter Harings luxurious hair.

I've read worse.   

1 hour ago, Robert Lazar said:

See if the club came out and said, aye,  we paid £250,000 for wighton but we think he will come good...

I wouldn't be as bothered. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. We all mistakes. 

But no, they make us all raging at it because they don't tell us shit. 

Who is "raging"?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I just can’t see him walking somehow. If he goes it’ll be because his contract isn’t renewed or he is sacked. All in my opinion of course.

I can. All about opinions though. His contract is up in June, not a lot of value left for a pay-off unlike his time at Leicester and  Scotland. He is stubborn but not stupid and will also respect the owners position and reputation. 

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who is "raging"?

Most people on here are a wee bit angry (perhaps ‘raging’ is too strong).

1 hour ago, Kev1998 said:

In all my years supporting hearts I have never been so down(like thousands of others).the thing that saddens me now and to an extent scares me is the lack of interest I now have in my club.just can't get motivated anymore,the same applies to the diehards that I went to the games with.reading a post about girls getting to train with the young guys wry this does my brain in.who actually gives a toss.my club is crumbling in front of my eyes and folk post things like this .honestly sick

You haven’t been around that long if you think today is worse than 2012-14, late 70’s, early 80’s.  Much, much worse for a Hearts fan than just now. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

You haven’t been around that long if you think today is worse than 2012-14, late 70’s, early 80’s.  Much, much worse for a Hearts fan than just now. 

Spot on. :thumbsup:

That makes it all sound not too bad but i find it hard to believe. Naismith will be the highest paid player at the club, it wouldn't surprise me if he's been given something extra from the "beneficiaries"

In short, i think we've spunked a hell of a lot of money and to be where we are in the league, it's mental. 

I’m not saying he isn’t the highest paid at the club but I’m pretty certain he wasn’t given a four year deal at 32 without some safeguards built into it. Budge isn’t stupid. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jeez, I’d forgotten how utterly blitzed he looked by the end. Almost didn’t know what planet he was on. Another winner from our DOF

2 hours ago, Robert Lazar said:

It's 10 times worse looking back at it now. 

You have to laugh. 

It's almost a scene from only an excuse. 

2 hours ago, Robert Lazar said:

😂😂

We need more of this 

Aye, the funny thing is he's now a first team coach at a Premiership Club. 

Who had the last laugh? Cathro or you jokers and the Weegie Press?

A question to anyone that is actually in the know (finance wise)

How much did we pay for Wighton?

Impossible to tell exactly from documents in the public domain but somewhere between £100-200k I suspect. 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Like the turning point after Hibs and Aberdeen games when we got 1 point from StMirren and Kilmarnock. 

No, I think Kilmarnock was the real low point for him. 

1 minute ago, Robert Lazar said:

Aye, let's aw think to the past.

It was shite in the past so it's ok to be shite now. 

Game over. 

And people call me a troll?

Hilarious.

Just now, Spoleto said:

That just shows how clueless you are. 

Change your name to Subbuteo warrior. 

4 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Aye, let's aw think to the past.

It was shite in the past so it's ok to be shite now. 

Game over. 

Who actually types ‘aw’?

Just now, Morgan said:

Who actually types ‘aw’?

Me, I quite like it. 

AW the fuds and aw the bampots. Ken?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Are you ill?

Me, I quite like it. 

AW the fuds and aw the bampots. Ken?

My name isn’t Ken and, that aside, I haven’t the first clue what you are going on about..

Just now, Morgan said:

My name isn’t Ken and, that aside, I haven’t the first clue what you are going on about..

aw, there was me thinking your name was ken. 

Can i call you ken anyway? since yer talking pish ken?

aw, there was me thinking your name was ken. 

Can i call you ken anyway? since yer talking pish ken?

You can ‘call me Al’ for all I care.

Just now, Morgan said:

You can ‘call me Al’ for all I care.

Nahhh nahh nahhh. 

There's no way i'm being betty. 

Nahhh nahh nahhh. 

There's no way i'm being betty. 

:) 

Good one, tbf.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic