Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

21 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-gameplan-revealed-management-change-approach-upcoming-matches-818136?amp

Maybe a Peebles job from me but nice to see he’s reverting back to basics....only plenty on here have been saying it should’ve been happening ages ago instead of being too tactical. 

It's frightening that those words came directly from the bloke who has complete control of all things football at a football club. Reads to me like a confession of incompetence and an acknowledgement that he really doesn't know what he's doing.

It's hard to believe that this is the same Craig Levein who had us winning consistently, finishing third, thrashing Hibs, winning in Bordeaux, beating Braga and qualifying for the group stages of Europe. 

He really is a shadow of the manager and player he was. For the sake of himself and Heart of Midlothian this has to end now. 

Very sad.  

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

47 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-gameplan-revealed-management-change-approach-upcoming-matches-818136?amp

Maybe a Peebles job from me but nice to see he’s reverting back to basics....only plenty on here have been saying it should’ve been happening ages ago instead of being too tactical. 

“I think we need to get back to just winning the fight in every game before we start playing. The concentration will be more on the competitive side of it, rather than tactical, for the time being"

I'm actually cringing at reading that sentence. He needs to stop thinking he is a tactical revolutionary and just accept his limitations.

The whole article is basically an admission that we are a soft touch and that only the atmosphere of big games seems to filter through to the players and get them to fight more.

Edited by Nookie Bear

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

“I think we need to get back to just winning the fight in every game before we start playing. The concentration will be more on the competitive side of it, rather than tactical, for the time being"

I'm actually cringing at reading that sentence. He needs to stop thinking he is a tactical revolutionary and just accept his limitations.

The whole article is basically an admission that we are a soft touch and that only the atmosphere of big games seems to filter through to the players and get them to fight more.

And glosses over the fact that he’s been in charge for TWO YEARS and is now having to basically abandon all tactical ideas. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

And glosses over the fact that he’s been in charge for TWO YEARS and is now having to basically abandon all tactical ideas. Pathetic.

Absolute nonsense . He's not saying that at all . 

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What is he saying?

Let’s get stuck in from the whistle, get ahead and then start to control our play.

That’s how I read it. Good news. Out the blocks in every game.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Boab said:

Let’s get stuck in from the whistle, get ahead and then start to control our play.

That’s how I read it. Good news. Out the blocks in every game.

It’s really innovative, forward-thinking stuff.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s really innovative, forward-thinking stuff.

Only took 2 seasons to come up with it too...well done craig.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What is he saying?

Read the fekkin thing !

No mention of  'abandoning' tactics . 

Clearly a reminder to everyone ( maybe including himself) to win the battles first 

Fairly clichéd statement used by many a manager . 

Interpretation on here is like a really bad Google translation

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Only took 2 seasons to come up with it too...well done craig.

He talks as if he was appointed yesterday. he’s lost all credibility.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Read the fekkin thing !

Clearly a reminder to everyone ( maybe including himself) to win the battles first 

It’s embarrassing that he’s even having to say that.

Read the fekkin thing !

😂 Hes had two seasons at the helm and is still trying to find the best way for us to play...tinkering weekly with both formations and personel.Now he comes up with the revolutionary idea that we need to fight in every game and have a go at teams to try to get the upper hand...well done Pep Levein. 

7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Read the fekkin thing !

Such rage. 

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s embarrassing that he’s even having to say that.

Sadly a few will be taken in by this.

26 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Read the fekkin thing !

Not getting it are you?  It’s a clear admission that our main strategy hasn’t been about drawing out the human elements of players.(which always should be a priority over anything else at first imo).

You sensed this was coming after his words post-Killie match. Almost another admission, in so many words, of mollycoddling players and being too considerate.

If the effort v Rangers is anything to go by I have slight hope we could turn things around.  It was clear the effort, workrate and focus was more concentrated than of late.  

Edited by Debut 4

53 minutes ago, martoon said:

It's frightening that those words came directly from the bloke who has complete control of all things football at a football club. Reads to me like a confession of incompetence and an acknowledgement that he really doesn't know what he's doing.

It's hard to believe that this is the same Craig Levein who had us winning consistently, finishing third, thrashing Hibs, winning in Bordeaux, beating Braga and qualifying for the group stages of Europe. 

He really is a shadow of the manager and player he was. For the sake of himself and Heart of Midlothian this has to end now. 

Very sad.  

👍🏻

This article smacks of CL taking more control of the first team. Clearly the coaches are spending time on the tactics formations etc. Sounds like CL has had enough and will be getting back to basics, shame it’s taken this long!

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

That is quite remarkable if he has just realised this now. 

Just how clueless are these coaches?! 

As clueless as the happy clappers.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Is levein the only member of the coaching team that has coached in the top flight before coming to the club? Apart from Fox, are all our other coaches in their first coaching job?  

I dont like us being a training ground for coaches, I'd rather we went for coaches with experience.  It seems that knowing levein is more important than experience when it comes to getting a coaching job with us.  All our coaches seem to have a previous connection to levein.  They are all from fife and tayside and.

Edited by FruitJuice

20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

This article smacks of CL taking more control of the first team. Clearly the coaches are spending time on the tactics formations etc. Sounds like CL has had enough and will be getting back to basics, shame it’s taken this long!

Sad right enough...its only taken him 2 years to realise he has to actually take training. 

13 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

👍 :lol: 

i am  sure he’ll come up with some shite how you know what he meant really!!

I would imagine so!

:thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

That is quite remarkable if he has just realised this now. 

Just how clueless are these coaches?! 

Two years of shite and he now realises we need a bit of fight in our approach.  It seems that Ann Budge was right when she said he seemed to be a bit haphazard in his approach to his job.  

Where is the next part of her football statement.   It must've been about three months ago since she said it was on its way.   

54 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Don’t need to be taken in, as you say, for long. Don’t come firing out the traps on Saturday and we’ll know he’s talking pish. Let’s see !

Edited by Boab

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Spatula will still be at school so we're ok for a couple of hours yet

Dusk_Till_Dawn
54 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Don’t be ridiculous. It smacks of Levein just saying whatever comes into his head to buy himself more time. I’m certain he’s used the old ‘win the battles first’ card before and we’re just going over old ground. He’s done and his coaches all need to go with him.

8 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Spatula will still be at school so we're ok for a couple of hours yet

:greggy:

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Stiletto is like :yas:

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Stiletto is like :yas:

Should we have a stiletto bingo.

Score them off your cards:

Club Legend

Two Wins away

Reality

Injuries

very strange for a Hearts fan

league position

Not that it’s the same boring shite on repeat or anything!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Club Legend

Two Wins away

Reality

Injuries

league position

Childish?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Very sad.  

Indeed, I especially liked the bit about HAVING to make changes for every game when he’s already stated that Macphee looks at what players should play against certain teams and they change it accordingly.

He's been manager for just over two years and has set the overall football strategy for the club for the past five, but is speaking as if he's just taken over from a failing regime.

Truly bizarre.

I hope it works though.

Edited by Cut The Crap

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Club Legend

Two Wins away

Reality

Injuries

league position

:lol: 

He’ll like this.

We’re acting like ‘children’ now!

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, I especially liked the bit about HAVING to make changes for every game when he’s already stated that Macphee looks at what players should play against certain teams and they change it accordingly.

My advice would be to play 442 and not give two shiny shites what the opposition are doing. We set out teams to nullify their strengths but all we seem to achieve is nullifying our own!

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Often think Levein and our coaches are terrified of football. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Rudy T said:

My advice would be to play 442 and not give two shiny shites what the opposition are doing. We set out teams to nullify their strengths but all we seem to achieve is nullifying our own!

His tactics are suited to that, get it forward and press the opponents into mistakes. Every team knows this, now he’s told them we are going to get stuck in firstly. I’m surprised he didn’t tell them the team too, Wighton is back in contention to counteract the loss of Mulraney 🙄🙈.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Often think Levein and our coaches are terrified of football. 

Or able to coach players on how to do it in a quick 1/2 touch manner, only Naismith seems capable of cajoling the players into doing so.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or able to coach players on how to do it in a quick 1/2 touch manner, only Naismith seems capable of cajoling the players into doing so.

I know, bud. So much wrong with the entire set up but on we plod. 

Apologies for repeating myself but valuable time and money is slipping through our fingers. Time we could have spent in the top part of the league, ruffling old firm feathers, if only the money had been utilised by a good head coach who knew what he was doing. 

Frustrates the life out of me, it really does. 

Absolute Scenes

See how its obvious that Levein is getting the entire seasn...is it necessary for people to come on and repeat the same stuff over and over again even though no one at the helm of Hearts reads kickback or would act on a few angry posts?

Its almost as if some believe Levein reads this forum for insight into how he's doing

Just asking for a friend

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

Apologies for repeating myself but valuable time and money is slipping through our fingers. Time we could have spent in the top part of the league, ruffling old firm feathers, if only the money had been utilised by a good head coach who knew what he was doing. 

Agree with this.

Ex member of the SaS
23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

See how its obvious that Levein is getting the entire seasn...is it necessary for people to come on and repeat the same stuff over and over again even though no one at the helm of Hearts reads kickback or would act on a few angry posts?

Its almost as if some believe Levein reads this forum for insight into how he's doing

Just asking for a friend

You can tell your friend that people within Hearts do read these forums and report on what the fans are thinking. To suggest they totally ignore social media would be like ignoring the drop in gate receipts. Most if not all business are media savvy and should react to their customer base. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Just read the article. So what I've been watching over the last nine months was Levein trying a tactical approach? :rofl:

The one thing I can point to and confidently say is the players don't know their jobs and we don't look like we have a clear game-plan.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, martoon said:

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just asking for a friend

You know I’m almost certain your right regarding the season!

The club do read the forum tho!

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Not getting it are you?  It’s a clear admission that our main strategy hasn’t been about drawing out the human elements of players.(which always should be a priority over anything else at first imo).

You sensed this was coming after his words post-Killie match. Almost another admission, in so many words, of mollycoddling players and being too considerate.

If the effort v Rangers is anything to go by I have slight hope we could turn things around.  It was clear the effort, workrate and focus was more concentrated than of late.  

I'm not getting it ? 

Your first 2 paragraphs are complete fiction .

It was a press conference he came out with a reasonable , but clichéd 

comment . 

Think this thread should be filed along with

'Pereira's injured through kicking a ball'

If you have issues with Levein's actions as a manager by all means air them .

Picking on dopy things like this weakens , even negates , any reasonable criticism you may have .

Sorry this is beyond stupid 

I'm not getting it ? 

Your first 2 paragraphs are complete fiction .

It was a press conference he came out with a reasonable , but clichéd 

comment . 

Think this thread should be filed along with

'Pereira's injured through kicking a ball'

If you have issues with Levein's actions as a manager by all means air them .

Picking on dopy things like this weakens , even negates , any reasonable criticism you may have .

Sorry this is beyond stupid 

Ok then, mate.  

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You can tell your friend that people within Hearts do read these forums and report on what the fans are thinking. To suggest they totally ignore social media would be like ignoring the drop in gate receipts. Most if not all business are media savvy and should react to their customer base. 

It would be naiive to think that the club would not employ people to read and report on what the JKB massive are talking about. So it is extremely likely that they employ people to post on JKB to bang the Company drum.

Anyway it looks like we are going to get some JAM on our pieces from now on Yay!

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Just read the article. So what I've been watching over the last nine months was Levein trying a tactical approach? :rofl:

The one thing I can point to and confidently say is the players don't know their jobs and we don't look like we have a clear game-plan.

Exactly.

If you didn't laugh you would greet reading that nonsense. :cornette_dog:

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Does me too and no ****** wonder. :jj_facepalm:

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic