Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

But even now you aren't managing to do even that simple task.

must be because you’re sort of smarter than me but in a subtle sort of superior way that only you can understand. Which is fair enough. Just glad you found time in your schedule to put me down 👍

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, GinRummy said:

must be because you’re sort of smarter than me but in a subtle sort of superior way that only you can understand. Which is fair enough. Just glad you found time I’m your schedule to put me down 👍

To be honest you put yourself down by not understanding my original post. 

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. I’m certainly not one of them. His contribution during our unbeaten run at the start of last season was a key element and he was clearly missed after injury. Last season also had long injury absences for Berra, Soutar, Smith, Uche et al. Naismith has been missed this season but imo only as part of a large group of players whom we have also missed through injury. The hype re his absence has clearly been overdone in some places. My belief is that we have missed all of the players who have been injured in particular Soutar, Halkett, Washington, Walker, Naismith and Haring but largely as a group not just as individuals. The backbone of Leveins first choice team has hardly played this season, certainly not as a unit. I have no doubt if those six had been available so far this season and Dikamona, White, Keena, Morrison, Damour, Clare had been the injured group then we would undoubtedly be top three or four at this time. 

If it was only this season, most would be giving him time I reckon. Two 6th places League positions and currently sitting 10th are the reason for all this. Playing like Sunday, with most of the names mentioned out, tells people the players, whatever the first team, are capable.

The bold yin will see out his last year, I’m pretty sure of that. Like the suggestion of where we would be with many injured players back, there is also the suggestion that, with someone else in the dug out, we wouldn’t be where we are.

That is a decision the club have made and one they’ll be gauged on come May.

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Nah. I made my point a while ago but you haven't managed to grasp it. Many others have managed.

You think we're all wasting our time on here discussing the same points over and over again, and we should get a hobby or find other things to do with our time. 

Well guess what...........we disagree with you,  and while we're discussing our useless and incompetent football manager on a football forum, we can in turn, keep the pressure up on having him removed.

Just now, innerjambo said:

we can in turn, keep the pressure up on having him removed.

How are you doing this? Genuinly interested this. Battering away on a forum isn't going to do that im afraid. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

How are you doing this? Genuinly interested this. Battering away on a forum isn't going to do that im afraid. 

probably not I agree. So why do you even care? I mean seriously  other than trolling, why come on this thread?

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

This thread is like Brexit it goes on and on...............

Both are extremely harmful to their respective groups, would Paddy Power take a bet on the UK leaving the EU before Levein leaves Hearts 🤔😜?

Just now, GinRummy said:

probably not I agree. So why do you even care? I mean seriously  other than trolling, why come on this thread?

I made an off the cuff remark but certain people seem to have taken it to heart. That aint trolling. Trolling is what AgentJambo did a few posts later. Actually replace trolling with downright lies.

Yes but keeping up the anti feeling towards him, organising more people to boycott games, stop contributing financially, and organising more protests will put a lot of pressure on the board to act, highlight his plight more to the media, and expose Budge for her inability to act. Are you genuinely thick, or do you have to work hard at it?

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I made an off the cuff remark but certain people seem to have taken it to heart. That aint trolling. Trolling is what AgentJambo did a few posts later. Actually replace trolling with downright lies.

Yeah agent jambo has been hit or miss in his tips but that’s not trolling

trolling is ‘a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post”

your post was designed to provoke a reaction, while not having anything to do with the thread topic, therefore trolling.

Yes but keeping up the anti feeling towards him, organising more people to boycott games, stop contributing financially, and organising more protests will put a lot of pressure on the board to act, highlight his plight more to the media, and expose Budge for her inability to act. Are you genuinely thick, or do you have to work hard at it?

You won't achieve any of the above on a thread on JKB. It is now sitting on 346 pages and he is still in the job.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah agent jambo has been hit or miss in his tips but that’s not trolling

trolling is ‘a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post”

your post was designed to provoke a reaction, while not having anything to do with the thread topic, therefore trolling.

Incorrect. He is always miss but since you joined after the transfer window closed i will excuse you for not knowing that.

If you think might post was trolling just report it.

Incorrect. He is always miss but since you joined after the transfer window closed i will excuse you for not knowing that.

If you think might post was trolling just report it.

I’ve been reading jkb for years. Tbh yours is the only transfer/target type news I take as gospel so thanks for that.

i wouldn’t report people. Not really bothered by a bit of trolling.

Edited by GinRummy

You won't achieve any of the above on a thread on JKB. It is now sitting on 346 pages and he is still in the job.

Yes we will eventually, by seriously hitting Budge in the pocket. A few more disastrous games, which tbf he's really good at, and the gaps already opening up in the stands, will get bigger and bigger. 

Yes we will eventually, by seriously hitting Budge in the pocket. A few more disastrous games, which tbf he's really good at, and the gaps already opening up in the stands, will get bigger and bigger. 

Or you could support the team and let the results take care of everything else. She won't be swayed by your "campaign". I can assure you of that.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Or you could support the team and let the results take care of everything else. She won't be swayed by your "campaign". I can assure you of that.

I don’t think she will either. We’re into November next week. CL is here for the season. I think you’re partly right. Good results and people will still turn up. Bad and they won’t. Personal choice n shit !

12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I just want him removed and I've taken a personal decision on how I can assist that. I supported him and given him more than enough chances over a long period of time. Each day he is in charge is a day wasted for this football club imo. He's boring, pointless and out of his depth.

Edited by innerjambo

17 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

But we are allowed to discuss if he should be and the reasons for it?   

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I just want him removed and I've taken a personal decision on how I can assist that. I supported him and given him more than enough chances over a long period of time. Each day he is in charge is a day wasted for this football club imo. He's boring, pointless and out of his depth.

This.

50 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Don't we all. 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Name the teams and we can decide who was in and who was out.  I'm assuming you have already done this to get the stats you presented so it should not be an extra chore.

Now fast forward to Sunday, not Saturday, when we played reasonably well but still not good enough to satisfy some our usual negative posters.  Out were Haring, Naismith, Walker, Washington, Souttar, Halkett and Morrison. That could well have been the difference between the draw we got and a win.

Ive given you the teams. Take the 18 players minus Naismith and that was the match day squad for those games.

To test your theory here’s the starting 11 versus Ross County a 0-0 draw and we were lucky to get the point.

Zamal

Smith Berra Halkett White

Clare Naismith Damour Walker

Washington Uche

Can you accept that team should be beating the newly promoted team at Tynecastle?

Just 2 games later after losing to Celtic at Parkhead (no issue with that) we played Hamilton and failed to win again at Tynecastle, the team that day:

Doyle

Hickey Berra Halkett White

Clare Irving Whelan Mulraney 

Henderson Washington 

On the bench that day were Naismith Meshino Uche Damour Dicamona

So from your list of players who’ll turn round our season only Souttar and Harring are missing and surely Berra or Halkett and Whelan or Irvine are able enough deputies for them?

This thread continues to be popular because our current manager is very unpopular. Like it or not, this thread won't go away until results massively improve, or Levein is removed. Some people think this thread is pointless, some people don't. This is the biggest fans forum for the club, and any discontent within the support is well represented on here, and indeed, well reported in the media. This in turn can lead to further action being organised, or ideas being put forward to put pressure on the board of directors and in particular Ann Budge.

Psychedelicropcircle

At the end of this season his contract is up as manager & also the FOH will have fulfilled its main goal of fan ownership. 

Will FOH members get a vote as to whether AB stays on as CEO? It’s a big No from me. 

Any stupidity like offering CL any contract will see my FOH DD cancelled. 

2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Except it doesn't hit Mrs Budge in the pocket. ..it hits the team you support.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Ive given you the teams. Take the 18 players minus Naismith and that was the match day squad for those games.

To test your theory here’s the starting 11 versus Ross County a 0-0 draw and we were lucky to get the point.

Zamal

Smith Berra Halkett White

Clare Naismith Damour Walker

Washington Uche

Can you accept that team should be beating the newly promoted team at Tynecastle?

In theory we should be beating these teams just as in theory Rangers should be thrashing us .  These things happen.  Naismith did not look match fit and with hindsight maybe should not have played.  He was subbed at HT and Uche followed 15 mins later.

Just 2 games later after losing to Celtic at Parkhead (no issue with that) we played Hamilton and failed to win again at Tynecastle, the team that day:

Doyle

Hickey Berra Halkett White

Clare Irving Whelan Mulraney 

Henderson Washington 

On the bench that day were Naismith Meshino Uche Damour Dicamona

So that was 3 first teamers on the bench probably because we did not think they would last a full game and Haring, Walker and Souttar also missing.  I think Haring is a bigger miss than most people realise

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

At the end of this season his contract is up as manager & also the FOH will have fulfilled its main goal of fan ownership. 

Will FOH members get a vote as to whether AB stays on as CEO? It’s a big No from me. 

Any stupidity like offering CL any contract will see my FOH DD cancelled. 

There will be no vote by FoH members on whether AB and/or CL leave. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think thats correct but members vote on who represents them on the board.I believe that an egm can be called if FOH members want to usurp their representatives(400 members ? can make it happen)Ultimately providing fans are involved they are in control.If the football performance continues as is there is no way I  see our current reps keeping Levein there Budge may require different consideration but she is currently losing FOH membership support.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

In theory we should be beating these teams just as in theory Rangers should be thrashing us .  These things happen.  Naismith did not look match fit and with hindsight maybe should not have played.  He was subbed at HT and Uche followed 15 mins later.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So that was 3 first teamers on the bench probably because we did not think they would last a full game and Haring, Walker and Souttar also missing.  I think Haring is a bigger miss than most people realise

Rangers had a blip against Us, they won’t be dropping points in all of their next 8 games. That’s where the frustration has built. Despite the injuries especially this season we have had good teams out and failed to beat very poor opponents. Yet when the pressure builds we pull a result like Easter Road and Sunday out the bag. To me that tells us the players are capable but something is going wrong on the training pitch that we look poor unless we have to get a result.

I’ve said before on here if CL is having limited involvement with the first team training then he needs an experienced coaching staff around him. Perhaps that’s the change that’s required in the short term if there is no intention of all of them being removed.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Rangers had a blip against Us, they won’t be dropping points in all of their next 8 games. That’s where the frustration has built. Despite the injuries especially this season we have had good teams out and failed to beat very poor opponents. Yet when the pressure builds we pull a result like Easter Road and Sunday out the bag. To me that tells us the players are capable but something is going wrong on the training pitch that we look poor unless we have to get a result.

I’ve said before on here if CL is having limited involvement with the first team training then he needs an experienced coaching staff around him. Perhaps that’s the change that’s required in the short term if there is no intention of all of them being removed.

If that is the case I agree entirely that something needs to be done.   However, we have made some mistakes that have cost goals/points but we must accept these things happen in the heat of the match for and against us -- we scored a goal on Sunday from a mistake from a seasoned professional wanted by some decent English clubs

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If that is the case I agree entirely that something needs to be done.   However, we have made some mistakes that have cost goals/points but we must accept these things happen in the heat of the match for and against us -- we scored a goal on Sunday from a mistake from a seasoned professional wanted by some decent English clubs

Most players make mistakes, that’s football but rarely do they continue to make the same mistakes week in and week out. By the same token decent coaches and managers don’t allow the same mistakes to be made and if they do they’re not in a job long. 

We’ve not won at home since March, despite having strong teams capable of beating most teams in the league. Kilmarnock turned up with an injury hit team as did Motherwell and they both beat us, against Kilmarnock we left our strikers on the bench. Multiple  times CL has made unforced changes early in games such has been the performance, in the majority of cases it’s been too little too late as the opposition have the initiative and a goal or two. It’s poor tactics that have clearly been devised during the week so someone is getting it badly wrong!

The excuses have to stop and we have to start putting a winning run together, if that’s without these players then it’s time we adapted to not having them and play to our strengths.

Having watched the reserves today there are no principles of play.We have 1 rep in the Scotland u16s.Its either a con job or Leveins delusions. 

Just now, tolcross lad said:

Having watched the reserves today there are no principles of play.We have 1 rep in the Scotland u16s.Its either a con job or Leveins delusions. 

How many Hearts players should be in the U16's Scotland Squad?

Do we have a made up figure that we're aiming for?

Two wins in the League Cup and Craig Levein becomes a managerial Club Legend (he already is one as a player).

Who is to say it's not going to happen after Sundays performance and the likelihood of two or three players back from injury?

Go Craig! Go Hearts!

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Your a big fish on here Dave have them reapply for their jobs live on KB 🤓

1 minute ago, tolcross lad said:

Work it out for yourself.

No, you tell us. 

You seem to think it's ok to have a go at the club with no basis in reality. 

So what are the standards of the U16's that we demand to prove it a success?

5 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

As I said work it out for yourself.

So you admit to having no rationale behind your lame attack on the club. 

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

FTFY

So you don't want Hearts to win the League Cup?

I find that to be strange behaviour.

14 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Your a big fish on here Dave have them reapply for their jobs live on KB 🤓

😳😄🤷🏼‍♂️

On 20/10/2019 at 21:05, Spoleto said:

Two LC wins and we have a new Club Legend. 

After todays performance we know we can do it!

New, aye?  See your post below.

On 21/10/2019 at 14:29, Morgan said:

Och, away with you.

CL is already a club legend.

:greggy: 

19 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Two wins in the League Cup and Craig Levein becomes a managerial Club Legend (he already is one as a player).

Who is to say it's not going to happen after Sundays performance and the likelihood of two or three players back from injury?

Go Craig! Go Hearts!

Thought he was going to be a new club legend (according to your post on Sunday evening at 21.05?)

31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

New, aye?  See your post below.

:greggy: 

Thought he was going to be a new club legend (according to your post on Sunday evening at 21.05?)

👍 :lol: 

i am  sure he’ll come up with some shite how you know what he meant really!!

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

Except it doesn't hit Mrs Budge in the pocket. ..it hits the team you support.

So does all the signings we’ve spunked good money on in wages! Players that  have left for f all or with a decent pay off in terminating their contract.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-gameplan-revealed-management-change-approach-upcoming-matches-818136?amp

Maybe a Peebles job from me but nice to see he’s reverting back to basics....only plenty on here have been saying it should’ve been happening ages ago instead of being too tactical. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic