Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Well, we certainly aren’t wanting for negativity on the board tonight.

No, I don’t think results have been good enough, and yes, I’m concerned. In particular, I’m concerned that it’s blindingly obvious that we need better players in midfield, and CL doesn’t appear to agree.

The thing is, I’m not sure that getting rid of him right now would be helpful. Anyone we brought in would still have Levein’s team, and the fans would expect things to improve immediately. If we were going to get rid of him, we needed to do it before the season began.

I’m not sure I like the group stages for the LC. Prior to this, we’d have played a maximum of one tie, and as long as we won, people would have forgotten about it. Instead, we’ve played 4 ties against clubs for whom this will have been one of their biggest games of the season. If we don’t shine in every game, everyone gets upset.

If we sign at least one credible midfield starter, I’ll be a lot happier than I am now.

100%

The midfield is my concern as well. 

It needs addressed quickly and properly. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

This is issue for me. As I understand it the sessions are taken by Fox and MacPhee. Daly I’m told can’t run a session so for me any change needs a complete clear out.

However I’d also like Levein to keep his role as in the academy. 

I like MacPhee as an analyst / set pieces , I like Craig Levein as a figurehead but relying on Daly and Fox makes no sense when as I said people in Tynecastle have the opinion Fox and Daly are useless baffles me. 

16 minutes ago, 1953 said:

She has freely admitted that she doesn't know how to run the football side and that's why CL is there. I kinda think that Mrs B has been hoping that everything can hang on until the FOH take over the majority shareholding but it's going to be close the way feelings are running after Wednesday and today.

Incompetence and wrong priorities.

As it stands We are going into an spl season without a midfield = grotesque levels of incompetence... 

what happened to the money from our cup run and freed up wages ?

cctv / murals / women’s football / restaurant??? 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Why is Ann Budge happy to let our loyal fans suffer. By not acting on the management of our 

club she is harming all the good work that has gone on off the pitch.

Rumour is craig levein is anne budge

Edited by J80MBO

Jambof3tornado

1st time I've seen us since the cup final.

Fukkin shocking display. No composure and constantly punting the ball to uches head!!

Pack yer fukkin back Craig , yer done.

16 minutes ago, Jodami said:

And we didn't concede anywhere near as many careless goals. Whatever it is it's not working, a group of inexperienced coaches needs a tracksuit manager on the training ground every single day communicating the finite details of what they want (think the Arsenal back 4 roped together) or a DoF brings in experienced coaches who can be trusted to execute. 

I think I probably suspect similar, mate. How you keeping by the way?

Robbo-Jambo
19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s what I’m starting to think. When Levein ran the whole show as manager, he didn’t allow us making the same mistakes over and over again.

Maybe it would help if he showed up on the training ground more than twice a week to watch his three muppets in action. 😏

Phil Dunphy
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is getting knocked out "big time"? 

:trippin:

I didn’t say that. Why I did say was that treating qualifying from a group with East Fife, Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir and Dundee United by the way of a bonus point win over Utd is smalltime. 

I hope that helps. 

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Shining in one game would be a start...

I’m not arguing. I said I didn’t think results were good enough.

I just think that in the current environment (which I recognise is all on CL) we needed 4 ties against lower league opposition before the league season starts about as much as a hole in the head.

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Levein is regarded as a bit of a joke within the confines of football (I work in football in case anyone else questions it)

I've held it together for months but can't hold it no more. Regardless of what happens today.

I dont care what we have done today tbh. If we ever want to move forward, we must do something else. Craig Levein is not and never will be!

Any chance of a job?

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s got to go. 

There is no optimism for the season ahead. 

We’re going to end up hating him. 

End up! I’m there

He should have been the stop gap. How he’s managed to get onto the third year of his contract I’ll never know. He seems to have settled on 442 but doesn’t have the players for this formation

Cruyff Turn
46 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He has to go its beyond mental now.

No much of a battalion ur ye? 

😁

18Jambo_dave74

Enough is enough, today was appalling...again.

Today’s away support reminded me of the Cathro days - frustrated, angry and bored.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think I probably suspect similar, mate. How you keeping by the way?

I'm okay thanks mate. It's half time, loose gall stones removed yesterday and sent home. Back in on Tuesday for the actual gall bladder removal. 

Thought the club would come to my aid in my time of need... 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Starts one recognised striker against East Fife really says it all 

That's all 

JamboAl1965

bottom line for me is not whether he's good, bad or indifferent, its the level of toxicity that this is creating and its potential impact for lasting damage.

Five to One

Battling with what our realistic targets are for this season. Recruitment has been decent, if nothing special , but it’s not being reflected on the park. When should we as fans expect a return on our FoH investment and above average ST sales? 

We have a very good infrastructure in place and I really thought we would kick on once the new stand was built. Am I expecting significant progress too quickly? Do we need to be more patient or are we being short changed? 

My other concern is that Levein is being left behind by new up and coming managers with a more progressive approach. Perhaps the likes of Levein and Wright have had their day?

Just now, Old Castle Rock said:

Starts one recognised striker against East Fife really says it all 

That's all 

Then when it goes 1-1, he takes 1 striker off to replace him with another. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, j.jonah.jamieboy said:

Qualified yes, seeded no. 

should've blown these teams away to ensure easier draw

never know though we might get a money spinning tie away to old firm 

We should be seeded but several teams did not blow "these" teams away, it's the cup if there wasn't upsets then even we would never win any cup. 

The only thing that changed from yesterday to today is that we qualified for the next round. 

This has now lead to more calls for CL's head and several more threads, some complete drivel about him as well. 

Bizarre imo. 

You can't actually discuss anything on here now without it coming down to this, even after we got through to the next round. 

BervieJambo
22 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s what I’m starting to think. When Levein ran the whole show as manager, he didn’t allow us making the same mistakes over and over again.

I’m suspicious of this too... are Daly/MacPhee actually doing pretty much all of the job with the first team with Levein acting as a figurehead to take all the flak? If so, it would explain a lot of the mistakes which you wouldn’t expect from Levein’s past experiences, but it’s a very risky strategy to pursue.

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

I said it before the cup final, that Craig should resign at the end of the season gracefully...and I stand by that.

We’re sleepwalking to becoming completely and utterly mediocre...the style of football hasn’t changed since the days of Robbie, slow ponderous shite.

Simple question, is it fun to watch Hearts play football?

Is it ****. It's thoroughly depressing. 

What's more there seems to be a large element of the support who believe that this kind of mediocrity is acceptable for Heart of Midlothian. 

I just don't get it.

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

When he said he doesn’t try and do everything anymore, and delegates things... that’s what is glaring to me. When he was a self-confessed “control freak”, we got the job done. I’m totally unconvinced about the people he is delegating to.

Whether he's delegating or not unfortunately the buck still stops with him with football matters.

There might be a bit of truth in what you're saying but ultimately he's the head honcho for the football side of the business so he's either responsible for the people employed to make those decisions or he's responsible for making the decisions himself.  At this stage i just think we're so far past levein turning this around and for the good of the team he needs to look at appointing a successor sooner rather than later.  

She trusts that idiot Levein to the hilt. Anyone who believed her ‘he’s not bombproof’ shite is a fool. Levein’s future is in Levein’s hands, and he won’t give up his last decent job.

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Whether he's delegating or not unfortunately the buck still stops with him with football matters

Personally, I’m more concerned about making sure we address the issues that need addressed and we don’t just also launch the overseer because he’s their line manager. He is doing a good job in other areas, and I’d sooner we didn’t just rip up all the good stuff out of petulant anger and frustration.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Cathro? Rix? Stupid post.

Plus multiple unknown puppet, interim unheard of Lithuanians.  Some people embarrassing themselves on this thread!! 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I didn’t say that. Why I did say was that treating qualifying from a group with East Fife, Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir and Dundee United by the way of a bonus point win over Utd is smalltime. 

I hope that helps. 

So qualifying is small time?

Helps in no way at all tbh. 

Makes no sense to me. 

We qualify we move on, that's what generally happens or used to. 

You discuss the positives, the negatives and what you think would help improve the side for the next round and upcoming games. 

Not on here tho, qualifying means the manager should be sacked. 

j.jonah.jamieboy
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We should be seeded but several teams did not blow "these" teams away, it's the cup if there wasn't upsets then even we would never win any cup. 

The only thing that changed from yesterday to today is that we qualified for the next round. 

This has now lead to more calls for CL's head and several more threads, some complete drivel about him as well. 

Bizarre imo. 

You can't actually discuss anything on here now without it coming down to this, even after we got through to the next round. 

Youre going to have to point out the "drivel"  I've spouted about anyone.

Im only pointing out we've given ourselves a harder tie in the next round and thats fact.

If youre happy witht the manner in which we qualified then good in happy for you mate

We have been debating Levein’s future since at least last December. Incredible that some eight months on things have not changed. Whether you are a Levein in or out person, his position is fast becoming untenable - the extreme reaction to all results now only proves this. The team needs to be free of this negativity and needs a fresh direction. 

28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I feel it just might be better if he just became a director and a new manager was given total control

of the playing squad and only accountable to the full board not a DOF.

No chance. Would still have influence. He needs to go along with all of the coaching staff.

We need a clean start.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

We won the group and even if we had lost today, which we did not would have gone through as one of best 2nd place teams.

Folk have to remember the smaller teams love a challenge with the bigger teams, so they are harder to wear down.

How come we struggle to put any performance in against the team's that are above us ?

Those who resent AB’s attempt to tackle anti-social at the behaviour at football didn’t miss their opportunity today with that pathetic ‘we’re in the wrong hands’ ditty.

There was even one clown bemoaning the development of the revenue generating lounges, claiming ‘we used to be a football club, now we’re a catering company’.

There are literally only 2 dots to join...

If the players were a let down today, some of the fans were a disgrace.

Holyrood_Hearts

No disrespect to the OP but I think he’s way off here. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, j.jonah.jamieboy said:

Youre going to have to point out the "drivel"  I've spouted about anyone.

Im only pointing out we've given ourselves a harder tie in the next round and thats fact.

If youre happy witht the manner in which we qualified then good in happy for you mate

The drivel was in general, not you. 

Yes, although time will tell if it is actually harder. 

Not happy at all, we need to address the midfield and our strikers better get their act together. 

Not one person has said they're happy, you can be unhappy but not actually think sacking CL is the answer to, well everything. 

Plenty to actually talk about, but as usual it's just several posters re hashing the same points across multiple threads when the only thing that has changed, the only thing that has changed is that we've qualified for the next round. 

The biggest mistake Ann Budge made was to give Levein free rein.  She is emotionally invested in him as her choice of expert and will find it very difficult to sack him.

She has even said that she wouldn't make that decision herself and would wait for Levein to sack himself.  Any sign of that?

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Why is Ann Budge happy to let our loyal fans suffer. By not acting on the management of our 

club she is harming all the good work that has gone on off the pitch.

Loyal fans?????, 😀😀😀😀

Has anything the OP has posted previously with regards to rumours etc ever came true?

Maybe what he hears is worth FA?

47 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

People still sticking up for Levein is cringe worthy. No other manager would have been given this much time.

Fth

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, Jambo83x said:

We have been debating Levein’s future since at least last December. Incredible that some eight months on things have not changed. Whether you are a Levein in or out person, his position is fast becoming untenable - the extreme reaction to all results now only proves this. The team needs to be free of this negativity and needs a fresh direction. 

A new man should have been in well before the start of this season enabling him to bring in his own players. 

Head in sand as usual at Tynie at the moment. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we live in hope. 

I have to admit since April I have felt completely shit about it,  but reality is been longer than that. 

Naismith miracle to turn it round but that statement itself tells us the plans are poor 

Just now, Ari Gold said:

Has anything the OP has posted previously with regards to rumours etc ever came true?

Maybe what he hears is worth FA?

Fair point, well made.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Personally, I’m more concerned about making sure we address the issues that need addressed and we don’t just also launch the overseer because he’s their line manager. He is doing a good job in other areas, and I’d sooner we didn’t just rip up all the good stuff out of petulant anger and frustration.

What other areas do you think we are doing well in?

I think the academy is starting to produce some cracking players so credit to Levein for putting an emphasis on that as soon as he arrived.  I'm not sure how much he has to do with the womens team but its good to see a bit of investment put into there too.

I think that's where it stops for me though, before i'd say i would be happy for him to go back upstairs but now i'm not so sure.  As a director of football his decision to give Cathro a job has stunted the first team hugely, we've still not really come back properly from the mess he created.  All down to personal opinions but i don't feel our recruitment is good enough still and there don't seem to have been any changes to the scouting department to change that.  (That we've heard of anyway but i'd imagine this would be made public considering the criticism they're getting lately).

For me it's just the end of the road for him, maybe he was the guy we needed at the time of admin to get us a bit of stability and help give Budge a bit of direction but now i just don't see how we move forward with him at the helm.  At the very least we need a new manager to replace him regardless of whether he goes back into his old role or not as Leveins talents no longer lie in management.

j.jonah.jamieboy
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The drivel was in general, not you. 

Yes, although time will tell if it is actually harder. 

Not happy at all, we need to address the midfield and our strikers better get their act together. 

Not one person has said they're happy, you can be unhappy but not actually think sacking CL is the answer to, well everything. 

Plenty to actually talk about, but as usual it's just several posters re hashing the same points across multiple threads when the only thing that has changed, the only thing that has changed is that we've qualified for the next round. 

No worries mate thought it was aimed at my comment :) 

Yeah we'll just have to wait and see who we get in the draw tomorrow, just disappointed with the whole thing to be honest. After Stenhousemuir I thought the boys might have given it a right good go today

I hate Celtic easily as much as Sevco. I think John Kennedy comes across as a repugnant Celtic-minded tosspot. 

Possibly a little off topic, but I’ve been holding it back for a while.

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

What other areas do you think we are doing well in?

I think the academy is starting to produce some cracking players so credit to Levein for putting an emphasis on that as soon as he arrived.  I'm not sure how much he has to do with the womens team but its good to see a bit of investment put into there too.

I think that's where it stops for me though, before i'd say i would be happy for him to go back upstairs but now i'm not so sure.  As a director of football his decision to give Cathro a job has stunted the first team hugely, we've still not really come back properly from the mess he created.  All down to personal opinions but i don't feel our recruitment is good enough still and there don't seem to have been any changes to the scouting department to change that.  (That we've heard of anyway but i'd imagine this would be made public considering the criticism they're getting lately).

For me it's just the end of the road for him, maybe he was the guy we needed at the time of admin to get us a bit of stability and help give Budge a bit of direction but now i just don't see how we move forward with him at the helm.  At the very least we need a new manager to replace him regardless of whether he goes back into his old role or not as Leveins talents no longer lie in management.

Second paragraph answers the first. The rest was just total shit imo.

David McCaig
24 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He should have been the stop gap. How he’s managed to get onto the third year of his contract I’ll never know. He seems to have settled on 442 but doesn’t have the players for this formation

Or the players to accommodate Souttar, Berra and Halkett either.

It should have been ten
59 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Give me your arguments for backing Levein I’m intrigued 

Give me your arguments for yet another thread on Levein.

I’m intrigued

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic