• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’ll keep that in mind next time we play in Glasgow. 

:gok:

Edited by Yoda

10 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Levein should and will stay.  Got us to a cup final and semi final last season despite having a really bad year of injuries.

Unbeaten so far this season.

No way are Hearts going to sack him at this stage of the season. 

Unreal

30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

“Not bomb proof” Spring 2019.  

“If things aren’t going well Craig will be the first to knock my door...” Summer 2016. 

East Fife 1 - Hearts 1 (East Fife win on pens) Summer 2019. 

I expect Budge will be receiving a knock on the door tonight...........

*mods feel free to merge with any the other many threads of a similar nature. 

How long is remaining of the 5 year retirement plan...

Very very few injuries to key players (Haring apart) can be used as an excuse for these recent performances. Naysmith will certainly add something but other than that we have no real depth in the squad. The system and or the urgency are both found wanting. As for recruitment Halkett is the only one out of how many that show promise. It’s just not acceptable anymore.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You’ll not find a Hearts fan that disagrees with you.

I bet you will on here 

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

It became relevant to the discussion when you said CC was wrong.

Ultimately why should I believe you over him? I know who he works for a what he does. You’ve just pulled a ‘been places, done things’.

You believe who you want. I’m not going to get into it. Never have on here in nigh on 20years and never will. 

Im aware of CC and as I said normally no issue with him but from my knowledge what he said is not accurate. I did also say liked and respected two very different things. Craig is a hard man to like at times. 

Some of the excuses going around are staggering. We have become a bunch of softies. 

This type of form was never acceptable for any Hearts manager in the past so why is it acceptable now?

So much potential at this club with a more open mind to who we could employ and with a different outlook.

We’re wasting as much money (playing side) being in the black as we did being in the red , in the past.  

Robbo-Jambo
22 minutes ago, campbell said:

Or you could have just posted this on the other threads rather than wanting to get a little bit of the limelight! You do realise we have qualified, surely that’s the objective in these early (pre season) league cup games 

Words fail me. 

In fact there are no words. 

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Uche is living off last season.  Truth is he’s returned to pre season miles off the pace in terms of fitness and massively ineffective.  Vanacek was publicly humiliated for similar.

I was rewatching the united game earlier and noticed a comment craigan made about uche that he hardly trains all week and only comes in on a Thursday.

they were slating his fitness the whole game and thought he was blowing after ten minutes

Just now, E6 Inc said:

Genuine question, do you think we've got better since last year?

Because in 2019 I think we've won a grand total 10 games, including draws again a league two side and getting beaten by bottom 6 prem teams. So unless you think we've improved since the end of the year we wont be doing anything in the league or the cups.

Finally a conversation, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to answer since I’m an undercover hibs fan. However I will answer, I think we've stayed much the same, we are clearly light in the middle which means we are unable to dominate games, something that needs to be addressed very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Come on fanboys, list your excuses for this one. I’m all ears.

The “we still won the group” argument seems to be a favourite today.

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Don’t think she’s even been to drama school.

I think she has, defending Levein with a straight face

2 minutes ago, suds66 said:

I like freedom of speech, I welcome it - I don't like hubz.

Good thing I’m not “hubz” then 

Sexton Hardcastle

Any sane person knows we will not sack him a week before the season starts. Maybe we should learn from the Cathro episode but we all know it won’t.

He will get until at least the October internationals and by that time we will be in the top six doing enough.

get used to it.

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Words fail me. 

In fact there are no words. 

I count 9 in that post 

Phil Dunphy

As much as I want a change in management, could not give less of a **** what some Celtic employees think of anyone associated with Heart Of Midlothian Football Club. 

Mind you, I wouldn’t say I wouldn’t come back to watch Hearts due to sectarianism and continue to collect a pay check from a club like Celtic, like. Just me though. 

Holyrood_Hearts

What the **** will it take for Budge to sack him or Levein to resign. We’ve been honking since last November yet we stumble from one bad result to another.

We all know he should’ve left after the cup final & sticking by him and giving him this season is only going to waste more time. Unless things improve dramatically, there’s no way he should stay.

1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

I bet you will on here 

😂 i think they are getting fewer. The problem is specifying where the problem lies when we don’t know fully how much is done by MacPhee , Daly , Fox or Levein. End of Levein needs to take responsibility for it but I know for a fact certain people at Tynecastle share my disdain for Fox and Daly. That suggests to me at least a part of the problem lies there and whilst Levein is DoF even if he doesn’t remain Head Coach he needs to deal with that. 

Shooter McGavin

People genuinely defending him by saying “aye well at least we won our group”

a group containing Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir, Dundee Utd & of course, East Fife. 

How f****** far have we fell? 

8 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Are you serious mate? We are Heart of Midlothian FFS.  We should be seeing these teams off with minimal difficulty. 

The fact that this kind of result was not a surprise to anyone who's watched us the last 8/9 months says it all. There are shite excuses being trotted out every week. I've never known anything like it in 36 years watching Hearts. Sure we've had bad results in the past but it was never acceptable to either the players, managers or fans. People dont seem to give a toss anymore. We've lost quite a bit dig and passion the last 3/4 years and loads of people don't seem to care. 

Yep. There are a load of people on here who gleefully champion this mediocrity and fall over themselves to shut down anyone who wants us to do better.

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Any sane person knows we will not sack him a week before the season starts. Maybe we should learn from the Cathro episode but we all know it won’t.

He will get until at least the October internationals and by that time we will be in the top six doing enough.

get used to it.

It doesn’t work that way. The club can only survive with the aid of the supporters. CL has lost the support and Tynecastle is more like a morgue than a fortress. 

Edited by Prof

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

a group containing Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir, Dundee Utd & of course, East Fife. 

These are the people that continually walk into walls.

26 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Get this loser out of our club!

I'm not saying where CC works but it is not for Hearts.

;) 

36 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

“Not bomb proof” Spring 2019.  

“If things aren’t going well Craig will be the first to knock my door...” Summer 2016. 

East Fife 1 - Hearts 1 (East Fife win on pens) Summer 2019. 

I expect Budge will be receiving a knock on the door tonight...........

*mods feel free to merge with any the other many threads of a similar nature. 

Budge might get a knock at the door, but she'll ignore it and turn up the telly.

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

get used to it.

We won’t be top six in October. 

No chance. 

1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What the **** will it take for Budge to sack him or Levein to resign. We’ve been honking since last November yet we stumble from one bad result to another.

We all know he should’ve left after the cup final & sticking by him and giving him this season is only going to waste more time. Unless things improve dramatically, there’s no way he should stay.

Budge loves him and won’t sack him and he’s far too arrogant to resign.

we’re stuck with him I’m afraid :(

Just now, campbell said:

Finally a conversation, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to answer since I’m an undercover hibs fan. However I will answer, I think we've stayed much the same, we are clearly light in the middle which means we are unable to dominate games, something that needs to be addressed very quickly. 

I'm just not sure how you can defend where we are right now if you think we stayed the same as the team that has been absolutely crap for about 9 months.

Our CM has been weak since coming up for the championship and we've managed to get rid of Djoum, Edwards and soon to be Lee. Levein has been in charge of that the whole time.

Hampden Demolition

Anyone still backing Levein needs to get a grip and get their eyes tested. We are going absolutely no where but backwards. Good signings, same shite as last season. It’s not a coincidence.

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

“Glorified friendlies” and “still in pre-season” are tipped to feature strongly this evening.

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

No we didnae.

4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

It became relevant to the discussion when you said CC was wrong.

Ultimately why should I believe you over him? I know who he works for a what he does. You’ve just pulled a ‘been places, done things’.

Why the aggression bud? If it relevant then the OP should be on here right now letting us have the benefit of what his football  pedigree is... not giving a glib reference to the fact "HE WORKS IN FOOTBALL AND KNOWS PEOPLE THAT THINK CL IS A TWAT" I paraphrase but that is what he is suggesting... and it is pure shite! I am no CL apologist but lets keep it real and not start inventing things that are patently untrue... you are not appointed to major football management post for being a twat!

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Why is he regarded as a bit of a joke? I thought he was a well respected manager.

By whom. He was sacked as Scotland manager due to his pedantic boring football tactics. 

Tokyo Drifter

This: we were boring as hell under him first time round, but also moderately successful. We're still boring as hell but we've lost the moderately successful bit.

Just going to toss it out there, but has everyone considered the possibility that it’s not actually Levein’s methods that responsible for the mistakes?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

9 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Some of the excuses going around are staggering. We have become a bunch of softies. 

This type of form was never acceptable for any Hearts manager in the past so why is it acceptable now?

This is a great question. I can only assume it all stems from the admin stuff.

Its blind loyalty. Backing the management no matter what.

Edited by PnG

ford donald
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I am beginning to doubt Budge's ability as a chairperson, CL is well past his sell by date,pathetic he is still in charge.

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

As much as I want a change in management, could not give less of a **** what some Celtic employees think of anyone associated with Heart Of Midlothian Football Club. 

Mind you, I wouldn’t say I wouldn’t come back to watch Hearts due to sectarianism and continue to collect a pay check from a club like Celtic, like. Just me though. 

Good post. I suppose anyone with a moral compass knows that club is toxic atm. And not just with sectarianism. 

Edited by Homme

Bobby Tomaschek

200 pages and his time’s still not up! If the football wasn’t so terrible I’d almost be impressed by that kind of staying power...

It should have been ten
8 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Can you blame the OP

For starting another thread on the subject when there’s plenty others? Yes.

1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

I'm just not sure how you can defend where we are right now if you think we stayed the same as the team that has been absolutely crap for about 9 months.

Our CM has been weak since coming up for the championship and we've managed to get rid of Djoum, Edwards and soon to be Lee. Levein has been in charge of that the whole time.

Well I’m surely Neilson and Cathro would say other wise! 

I think the quality we have isn’t massively lower than killie, Hibs and Aberdeen imo obviously, all teams have lost players and replaced with a bit of unknowns so I think we will be competitive, yes the end last 6 months have been very poor and injuries only excuses so much of this but I’m willing to see what we can do with what looks like a better forward line on paper, I’m certainly not going to lose my mind over league cup games 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic