Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Well you clearly are if you think this is about the League Cup group. And not about the fact we’ve even toiling since November. 

There should be No need for a new thread then.  Yet still.... 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

38 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It seems a fair point to assume you wouldn't be trolling fans of the club you claim to support. 

Awww I get it, if you say it enough times it must be true. Let me break it down for you in bitesize points as you appear to be struggling 

1. I put my opinion on a open forum 

2. 3/4 people who didn’t agree with this called me a hibs fan, swearing at me in the process. 

3. I pointed out that these people had no proof or reason to believe I was a hibs fan, at this point I stated that I was enjoying getting a response like this cause it’s typical of many of the posters on this forum ( maybe this is where you have taken the trolling comment from) this however isn’t trolling as I’m entitled to put forward my opinion and can’t be held responsible for other feeling on it. 

4 here we are still having a conversation about me trolling people

hope this helps 

Edited by campbell

24 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Much better. If you even bothered to look.

Who isn’t better than Cathro. Ann just might look at our management and think we’ll Cathro isn’t

as bad as Levein maybe no one will complain even though we play a style of football that is 

driving our fans mad.

16 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Mothy, that would then suggest he has completely lost the players which would be a compelling reason to remove him. If you are suggesting it's the coaches then I wouldn't be surprised at that at all. Every single one of them needs removed from the club. 

That’s what I’m starting to think. When Levein ran the whole show as manager, he didn’t allow us making the same mistakes over and over again.

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Long trip back last night aye? 

Nah I work quite close to my flat 

1 minute ago, campbell said:

Awww I get it, if you say it enough times it must be true. Let me break it down for you in bitesize points as you appear to be struggling 

1. I put my opinion on a open forum 

2. 3/4 people who didn’t agree with this called me a hibs fan, swearing at me in the process. 

3. I pointed out that these people had no prove or reason to believe I was a hibs fan, at this point I stated that I was enjoying getting a response like this cause it’s typical of many of the posters on this forum ( maybe this is where you have taken the trolling comment from) this however isn’t trolling as I’m entitled to put forward my opinion and can’t be held responsible for other feeling on it. 

4 here we are still having a conversation about me trolling people

hope this helps 

You look like you have extensive letter writing experience... 

AlphonseCapone
29 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I was rewatching the united game earlier and noticed a comment craigan made about uche that he hardly trains all week and only comes in on a Thursday.

they were slating his fitness the whole game and thought he was blowing after ten minutes

How would Craigan know? Guy talks shite. All for criticising those that need it but let's not take twats like Craigan as beacons of truth. 

bajthejambo

I sometimes wonder if the 90 minutes of football is a hindrance for Budge? 

She seems to revel in every other aspect of the club. "That's football" seems to he her response to any underwhelming performances on the park.

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There should be No need for a new thread then.  Yet still.... 

It’ll no doubt get merged. 

However trying to paint qualifying for the next round as some kind of achievement is extremely small time. 

Just now, Jodami said:

You look like you have extensive letter writing experience... 

Again keep repeating your angle on it and someone might listen, why don’t you contact a mod as well if you’re so sure! It’s incredible that you’re calling me out for trolling yet are trolling another member yourself! Astonishing. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I feel there will be action shortly and it won’t be on the field. 

New michelen star chef for the sky Lounge? 

I can't really take another season of this. I've wanted to believe in Levein and he has brought some good memories but most of his managerial rein + the Cathro nightmare has been totally unacceptable.

He's had his time and it's run out. Doesn't matter how many players he signs, the same things seem to happen. Need a fresh change in personality and style at the helm.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s what I’m starting to think. When Levein ran the whole show as manager, he didn’t allow us making the same mistakes over and over again.

And we didn't concede anywhere near as many careless goals. Whatever it is it's not working, a group of inexperienced coaches needs a tracksuit manager on the training ground every single day communicating the finite details of what they want (think the Arsenal back 4 roped together) or a DoF brings in experienced coaches who can be trusted to execute. 

10 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Those that are hoping that Levein resigns, is there any evidence that he has previous history for resigning for the good of a football club or team?

Hasn't resigned in his puff. Left us and United for other jobs. Sacked by Leicester and the national team 

32 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Loyalty. A get out for her would be to get him back to the role of DOF. 

I feel it just might be better if he just became a director and a new manager was given total control

of the playing squad and only accountable to the full board not a DOF.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It’ll no doubt get merged. 

However trying to paint qualifying for the next round as some kind of achievement is extremely small time. 

Is getting knocked out "big time"? 

:trippin:

Everybody Loves Baz!

I'll admit myself that Craig should go after todays result. The only problem I have is I can only think of Robinson from Motherwell or Graham Alexander at Salford (I know, no chance) who I would like to have a go at managing us.

I also think Nigel Adkins could be a shout, and Roberto Di Matteo is without job just now,  but no doubt outwith our reach.

200 pages of people losing their shit, but not a lot of alternatives being given?

At least some will be happy at the demise of our team just so they can be correct about Levein.

3 minutes ago, campbell said:

Again keep repeating your angle on it and someone might listen, why don’t you contact a mod as well if you’re so sure! It’s incredible that you’re calling me out for trolling yet are trolling another member yourself! Astonishing. 

Not really my thing to be contacting authorities to tell them that other people are breaking the law. 

Budge is failing the most loyal support in the land by not removing this dinasaur of a manager. She obviously has no respect for the most important part of any football club the supporters. A support that have dug so deep over the last 5 years and continue to do so. Yet again nearly 13000 of us have bought season tickets in the hope things would improve on last season. If you can't see it Anne then you can go too and take Levein and his minions with you. 

Haringshairband
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

:lol: first laugh since full time.

28 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just going to toss it out there, but has everyone considered the possibility that it’s not actually Levein’s methods that responsible for the mistakes?

He has implemented the infrastructure in terms of coaching staff/academy/all background stuff as DoF, and now is directly managing a team that he's built over the last couple seasons.  How can it not be his responsibility?

Byyy The Light
32 minutes ago, sadj said:

😂 i think they are getting fewer. The problem is specifying where the problem lies when we don’t know fully how much is done by MacPhee , Daly , Fox or Levein. End of Levein needs to take responsibility for it but I know for a fact certain people at Tynecastle share my disdain for Fox and Daly. That suggests to me at least a part of the problem lies there and whilst Levein is DoF even if he doesn’t remain Head Coach he needs to deal with that. 

This is issue for me. As I understand it the sessions are taken by Fox and MacPhee. Daly I’m told can’t run a session so for me any change needs a complete clear out.

However I’d also like Levein to keep his role as in the academy. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, Barack said:

As I say, I'm not on board with Levein now.

However, you really have to stop listening to John Kennedy, or whatever other Celtic ***** is telling you, CC.

That's what I thought. Some clowns that think they're better than everyone else because they have laid out cones for Celtic.

Craig Levein has actually had a great career and achieved what the majority of managers never will. Took Hearts to the group stages and transformed Dundee United.

He's certainly no joke but he is past it and needs to go.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The chef would fine for the first course but he/she would under cook the rest. And forget to order the main course. 

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

It doesn’t take an in-the-know football insider to know Levein is a ****ing joke.

No he isn't.  On the other hand you post is a ****ing joke.

I may be moved to a position of Levein needs to move on, but he still is a legend and gets my respect.

I applaud what Levein and Budge have achieved in getting the club back to a working order but we're stuttering in the first team, and he's not got the excuse of not having it all his own way. Levein has been given everything to get it right and its not looking likely at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I feel it just might be better if he just became a director and a new manager was given total control

of the playing squad and only accountable to the full board not a DOF.

Works for me. 😇

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Not really my thing to be contacting authorities to tell them that other people are breaking the law. 

Breaking the law hahahaha oooh that’s a belter, you’ve taken this result badly mate, I suggest a cold beer and a dark room 

32 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

This: we were boring as hell under him first time round, but also moderately successful. We're still boring as hell but we've lost the moderately successful bit.

Is getting to a semi final and a final in the same season not "moderately successful" for Hearts anymore?

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Is getting to a semi final and a final in the same season not "moderately successful" for Hearts anymore?

It is, in my book.

j.jonah.jamieboy
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sacked for qualifying for the next round. 

Cannae see it. 

Qualified yes, seeded no. 

should've blown these teams away to ensure easier draw

never know though we might get a money spinning tie away to old firm 

Hearts of Vladland

FWIW, I have spoken to 2 of our players who feel that Levein and his tactics are holding the players back, and they both said that a lot of the players feel the same way.

There really isnt much more to say in defence of craig. I think we can be quite a harsh support but at the same time we set high standards. We have supported our team over the past seven years through a lot of heartache albeit with a few highs. We got behind Robbie and although the football became very dire the vitriol was a bit ott. When cathro came in we were almost unanimous in support of the visionary appointment but when it was obvious it wasn't to be we rightly turned. I think we have given Craig the benefit of the doubt and almost continually forgive him as a wayward son who we love but who keeps letting us down. But the reality is, if this wasn't craig levein the clammer to get him out would be deafening. Im a glass half full guy but there cant be anyone who is optimistic with him in charge. Dont know who the next guy should be but is he really going to be worse? With our infrastructure and a foundation to build from it isnt pant wetting anymore to say please Craig...give us a little boost ahead of season and call it a day. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Sometimes you do wonder what it’ll take for people to open their eyes. We are shite, Levein is shite, our recruitment is shite, our levels of ambition are shite. It really is that simple.

I honestly hope that when FOH take control of the club, none of the fans who’ve backed Levein to the hilt are anywhere near the coal face. To say they know nothing about football would be like saying water is wet. Truly baffling.

Chuck Berry

Seriously, who didn't see this coming? he should never have been given the job, he should have been sacked after his first season. He's untouchable and he is completely incapable of turning this around.

Well, we certainly aren’t wanting for negativity on the board tonight.

No, I don’t think results have been good enough, and yes, I’m concerned. In particular, I’m concerned that it’s blindingly obvious that we need better players in midfield, and CL doesn’t appear to agree.

The thing is, I’m not sure that getting rid of him right now would be helpful. Anyone we brought in would still have Levein’s team, and the fans would expect things to improve immediately. If we were going to get rid of him, we needed to do it before the season began.

I’m not sure I like the group stages for the LC. Prior to this, we’d have played a maximum of one tie, and as long as we won, people would have forgotten about it. Instead, we’ve played 4 ties against clubs for whom this will have been one of their biggest games of the season. If we don’t shine in every game, everyone gets upset.

If we sign at least one credible midfield starter, I’ll be a lot happier than I am now.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sometimes you do wonder what it’ll take for people to open their eyes. We are shite, Levein is shite, our recruitment is shite, our levels of ambition are shite. It really is that simple.

I honestly hope that when FOH take control of the club, none of the fans who’ve backed Levein to the hilt are anywhere near the coal face. To say they know nothing about football would be like saying water is wet. Truly baffling.

Agree with that but does it really need another thread? 

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Well, we certainly aren’t wanting for negativity on the board tonight.

No, I don’t think results have been good enough, and yes, I’m concerned. In particular, I’m concerned that it’s blindingly obvious that we need better players in midfield, and CL doesn’t appear to agree.

The thing is, I’m not sure that getting rid of him right now would be helpful. Anyone we brought in would still have Levein’s team, and the fans would expect things to improve immediately. If we were going to get rid of him, we needed to do it before the season began.

I’m not sure I like the group stages for the LC. Prior to this, we’d have played a maximum of one tie, and as long as we won, people would have forgotten about it. Instead, we’ve played 4 ties against clubs for whom this will have been one of their biggest games of the season. If we don’t shine in every game, everyone gets upset.

If we sign at least one credible midfield starter, I’ll be a lot happier than I am now.

Shining in one game would be a start...

MacPhee should go with him.  Central to the appalling Cathro-MacPhee and Levein-MacPhee eras.  The other 3 coaches can go too - a goalie coach who brought in Zlamal and Doyle and the worst manager in Cowdenbeath's  history in particular. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree with that but does it really need another thread? 

Yes m8 it most certainly does 

7 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Hasn't resigned in his puff. Left us and United for other jobs. Sacked by Leicester and the national team 

Teams managed:

Cowdenbeath (Left to join us)

Hearts (Left for Leicester)

Leicester (sacked)

Raith (Left to join Dundee Utd)

Dundee Utd (Left for Scotland job)

Scotland (sacked)

Hearts 

He won’t jump. He’ll need to be pushed.

You can have the players and facilities but if your owner decides to give her backing at this time 

to a manager, which is the most important job in the club, who just hasn’t got the ability to manage

the team to a decent level we will never get anywhere. 

He’s got to go. 

There is no optimism for the season ahead. 

We’re going to end up hating him. 

9 minutes ago, Morph said:

He has implemented the infrastructure in terms of coaching staff/academy/all background stuff as DoF, and now is directly managing a team that he's built over the last couple seasons.  How can it not be his responsibility?

When he said he doesn’t try and do everything anymore, and delegates things... that’s what is glaring to me. When he was a self-confessed “control freak”, we got the job done. I’m totally unconvinced about the people he is delegating to.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic