Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Ok, I misread. Apologies. I thought tis were calling him a joker. 

You meant he is a joker, but sarcastically. 

I wasn't thinking too much about every word tbh.

He's hopeless is the main thing to take away from what I was saying. We're absolutely crap, no signs of anything other than a continuation of the garbage we witnessed last season after our freak start.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Randy Marsh
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Stephen Robinson has a great track record developing young players and identifying signings. He also had them punching above their weight in reaching 2 Cup Finals beating Rangers at Hampden on the way and , last season, when things didn't start well, he changed course and style of play, overseeing a great unbeaten run. Would be an ideal candidate in my opinion. 

Robinson also operates on a fraction of the budget Levein has at his disposal.  His team just breezed through a far tougher League Cup group than we had.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Stephen Robinson has a great track record developing young players and identifying signings. He also had them punching above their weight in reaching 2 Cup Finals beating Rangers at Hampden on the way and , last season, when things didn't start well, he changed course and style of play, overseeing a great unbeaten run. Would be an ideal candidate in my opinion. 

You need punched in the vagina Enzo , Robinson was so close to out the door his office was packed up. Turnbull saved him , playing all his youths together who had won the Youth Cup etc together saved him. He has developed zero of that Motherwell squad. Cups as everyone tells us are pure luck with draws etc. Moult is what got them past Rangers and Rangers were still a shitshow then. You are normally sensible in your insanity but Robinson is up there with Wright. Heckinbottom is a torn faced prick who if hibs have a bad run will turn red and explode like a killer tomato after George Clooneys been at it. McInnes was interested but stayed at Aberdeen his style of play is as bad as Leveins has been the last 12 months or so. Alessio was hailed on here as a god and his players are handing in transfers and their background staff are disappearing and resigning. 

There is not one Premiership manager worth a shout. Not sure about lower leagues or candidates from down south though 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I was wondering who this season's Tommy Wright or Alan Archibald would be 😂

How about you deal with why you think Robinson would not be suitable? FYI, Tommy Wright finished just behind us last season and has a great record there, on a fraction of our budget. Oh, and he has won a trophy and qualified for Europe. Pound for pound he is well ahead of Levein.

On 23/02/2019 at 16:55, Heartsofgold said:

There is no excuse, none, for that performance today. Once again too many loose passes no one making runs to create space for others. There comes a time when the number of individual errors mount up till they are no longer individual and are systemic instead. 

The OP from last February!!!

And we have not improved one bit, in fact we have regressed - how the Levein apologists can show face on here is beyond reason!

There is no excuse, none, for that performance today. Once again too many loose passes no one making runs to create space for others. There comes a time when the number of individual errors mount up till they are no longer individual and are systemic instead. 

And we have not improved one bit, in fact we have regressed - how the Levein apologists can show face on here is beyond reason!

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, sadj said:

You need punched in the vagina Enzo , Robinson was so close to out the door his office was packed up. Turnbull saved him , playing all his youths together who had won the Youth Cup etc together saved him. He has developed zero of that Motherwell squad. Cups as everyone tells us are pure luck with draws etc. Moult is what got them past Rangers and Rangers were still a shitshow then. You are normally sensible in your insanity but Robinson is up there with Wright. Heckinbottom is a torn faced prick who if hibs have a bad run will turn red and explode like a killer tomato after George Clooneys been at it. McInnes was interested but stayed at Aberdeen his style of play is as bad as Leveins has been the last 12 months or so. Alessio was hailed on here as a god and his players are handing in transfers and their background staff are disappearing and resigning. 

There is not one Premiership manager worth a shout. Not sure about lower leagues or candidates from down south though 

You're normally pretty sensible Sadj but you need a dose of your medicine. So Robinson was saved by his own decisions. He decided to play the youngsters and developed them at first team level, he decided to change the style of play lsst season, he was saved by players he signed....that makes him a good manager in my book. 

No point in us producing good young players only for them to regress under Levein at first team level.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

How about you deal with why you think Robinson would not be suitable? FYI, Tommy Wright finished just behind us last season and has a great record there, on a fraction of our budget. Oh, and he has won a trophy and qualified for Europe. Pound for pound he is well ahead of Levein.

I think we can do better than Robinson, but either way I don't want a manager change until the end of the season so I don't care right now. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're normally pretty sensible Sadj but you need a dose of your medicine. So Robinson was saved by his own decisions. He decided to play the youngsters and developed them at first team level, he decided to change the style of play lsst season, he was saved by players he signed....that makes him a good manager in my book. 

No point in us producing good young players only for them to regress under Levein at first team level.

😂😂 dont make me take this to the fans fighting thread 😈😂

It wasn’t saved by the players he signed but it was a last chance saloon no other options roll of the dice throw the kids in. Turnbull is a phenomenal talent and carried them. He changed the system as he didn’t have a choice. Whether he regresses to the old style is an interesting thing to watch. He is not a manager I rate though. As i said none of the premiership managers are ones id take. Gerrard aside. I think fresh ideas from outside Scotland can be difficult too ie Alessio , Heckingbottom but maybe a Scot from down south. Will it fix things. Who knows you know my opinion is it needs to be two jobs and Daly and Fox are ****ing useless but a replacement head coach 🤷🏻‍♂️ Im not clued up enough on whos out of work or we can afford. There would be candidates , McInnes was willing to take a paycut if he moved on from Aberdeen but he got another rise to stay. 

Burrows is superb at Motherwell and has fixed the Dempster mess and moved Motherwell forward. How much influence he has I don’t know but I’d imagine there is a good team around him and they do a lot for Motherwell their academy has produced a lot of good youngsters , ours will hopefully follow suit but doesn’t solve things just now

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we can do better than Robinson, but either way I don't want a manager change until the end of the season so I don't care right now

Whats the reasoning for that?

Saw Levein was trending on  Twitter thought there  was some good news,  sadly I was wrong.

52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Brilliant stuff. 

In a day that we qualified for the next round of the cup, fans want our manager and owner removed from the club. 

JKB at it's finest. 

The best thing about a poor result is the absolute volume of shite posted on here. 

Just waiting on someone to suggest we should knock down Tynecastle as well and we'll just start again. 

Laughable post from levein’s chief apologist and hubz biggest fan. Away and fling sh1te at yourself

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, sadj said:

Whats the reasoning for that?

I think Levein is as capable of having a decent season as anyone we are likely to bring in at this late stage. I don't think last season or the start to this season necessarily means we'll have a bad season. Hibs, Killie and Aberdeen have all toiled as badly as us so far, so I do have confidence we have the squad to mount a challenge for 4th minimum, given Aberdeen are still a fair bit ahead of us.

I also think he's doing good work with the youngsters and I like the idea of spending this season doing a thorough search for the next man and do a nice planned handover at the end of the season. The alternative is a frantic search for a new manager after the season has started with a very limited choice. Realistically if we don't have anyone in mind now, we'd have Daly and McPhee in charge. I"m OK with that to see how it goes the rest of this season, but I doubt it would be a popular move. Some folk seem to want an "exciting" name like Heckingbottom or the Killie guy but if that's our level of possible replacement I'd rather stick with Levein one more season.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we can do better than Robinson, but either way I don't want a manager change until the end of the season so I don't care right now. 

We should have had a manager change at the start of this season FFS!!

So you’re happy to sit through another season of negative dire football under Levein just like the last two!!

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We should have had a manager change at the start of this season FFS!!

So you’re happy to sit through another season of negative dire football under Levein just like the last two!!

I enjoy watching Hearts no matter what. Sorry if that offends you.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I think Levein is as capable of having a decent season as anyone we are likely to bring in at this late stage. I don't think last season or the start to this season necessarily means we'll have a bad season. Hibs, Killie and Aberdeen have all toiled as badly as us so far, so I do have confidence we have the squad to mount a challenge for 4th minimum, given Aberdeen are still a fair bit ahead of us.

I also think he's doing good work with the youngsters and I like the idea of spending this season doing a thorough search for the next man and do a nice planned handover at the end of the season. The alternative is a frantic search for a new manager after the season has started with a very limited choice. Realistically if we don't have anyone in mind now, we'd have Daly and McPhee in charge. I"m OK with that to see how it goes the rest of this season, but I doubt it would be a popular move. Some folk seem to want an "exciting" name like Heckingbottom or the Killie guy but if that's our level of possible replacement I'd rather stick with Levein one more season.

Daly no just no absolutely no!!!! 

Fair enough , reasoned sensible attitude whilst understanding the frustrations

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Brilliant stuff. 

In a day that we qualified for the next round of the cup, fans want our manager and owner removed from the club. 

JKB at it's finest. 

The best thing about a poor result is the absolute volume of shite posted on here. 

Just waiting on someone to suggest we should knock down Tynecastle as well and we'll just start again. 

And what a pile of pure “shite” that is!! 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I enjoy watching Hearts no matter what. Sorry if that offends you.

I love watching Hearts.

I am offended at the shambolic state my team is in under Levein - you should be offended too!!

Must get away from the regime that has developed into indifference within the club and replace it with some passion before the season starts in earnest. 

pharmaceutical01

Levein is not a stupid man. After the run of results at the end of last season, he must have known that the team had to hit the ground running this season. It hasn’t happened and he must know his time is limited. I would expect him to be going to Budge with suggestions for a replacement before it gets any worse.

Just now, pharmaceutical01 said:

Levein is not a stupid man. After the run of results at the end of last season, he must have known that the team had to hit the ground running this season. It hasn’t happened and he must know his time is limited. I would expect him to be going to Budge with suggestions for a replacement before it gets any worse.

Levein is not a stupid man - he is an arrogant man who believes he is never wrong!!

He will never fall on his sword and as a full Board Director he will not be easy to shift!

This will bet messy - just ask the SFA!

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Who here actually wants him to stay?

The usual half dozen or so JKB Levein apologists on here who have rained abuse on anybody on here for the last couple of years who dared not to toe their line!

pharmaceutical01

Even arrogant men know when to shift if it means clinging onto some power he must know his time is up / he never wanted the job in the first place

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

I agree. I think a poor run in the first few league games will force the board’s hands. He needs to get better performances in the next few games. 

indianajones

Just home from a nice day out on the river. 

Glad i was there to be honest as i'd have probably had a melt down after that result earlier. 

We are a complete and utter joke of a football club at the moment. The way this guy is untouchable is laughable and an absolute embarrassment.

Ann - you are only delaying the inevitable here. Do your job and do it now. 

52 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The end of the season. Is that regardless of how we play and how many points we pick up? If not, where would you draw the line?

Edited by amadjambo

Cruyff Turn

The pant wetting on this Forum tonight is unreal. Folk are just waiting to pounce at every single opportunity. It’s not just constructive criticism or, stating disappointment, it’s a full blown meltdown. 

Results and performances haven’t been anywhere near what we expect, no one can deny that, but we’re through to the next round and that is what ultimately matters.

We need to improve and we need to start the league as well as we can. The season is over 40 games long and a lot can change very quickly especially when key players come back from injury, new players are signed and teams start to hit form.

We’re at least 5 or 6 games away yet from being able to truly judge how things will pan out. We know Aberdeen and Hibs will be our biggest rivals for top 3/4 so we need to keep the pace with them early doors.

The fact is that this club is more than just the 1st team, and while that is how the club’s performance will be judged by supporters, on the whole we are moving forward. Off the pitch we’re sorted and we are producing good young players from the Academy who need to be supported.

Ripping up the whole thing and starting again is feckin madness. It might come to the point where Levein needs to leave the 1st team dugout and move back upstairs but what we have in place on the whole is good and it is working. Hickey, C.Smith, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald are all evidence of this.

A bit of patience and a touch of decorum is needed at the moment. 

Let’s just cool the feck down and see how it goes. Everyone concerned will know that we haven’t been near good enough so far and I’m pretty sure they are aware that they need to up their game starting next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The pant wetting on this Forum tonight is unreal. Folk are just waiting to pounce at every single opportunity. It’s not just constructive criticism or, stating disappointment, it’s a full blown meltdown. 

Results and performances haven’t been anywhere near what we expect, no one can deny that, but we’re through to the next round and that is what ultimately matters.

We need to improve and we need to start the league as well as we can. The season is over 40 games long and a lot can change very quickly especially when key players come back from injury, new players are signed and teams start to hit form.

We’re at least 5 or 6 games away yet from being able to truly judge how things will pan out. We know Aberdeen and Hibs will be our biggest rivals for top 3/4 so we need to keep the pace with them early doors.

The fact is that this club is more than just the 1st team, and while that is how the club’s performance will be judged by supporters, on the whole we are moving forward. Off the pitch we’re sorted and we are producing good young players from the Academy who need to be supported.

Ripping up the whole thing and starting again is feckin madness. It might come to the point where Levein needs to leave the 1st team dugout and move back upstairs but what we have in place on the whole is good and it is working. Hickey, C.Smith, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald are all evidence of this.

Let’s just cool the feck down and see how it goes. Everyone concerned will know that we haven’t been near good enough so far and I’m pretty sure they are aware that they need to up their game starting next weekend.

👍🏻

Can't believe people think it would be a good idea to sack Levein now, based on an away draw to East Fife and qualifying for the next round of the cup.

He needs to be given until Christmas and then we can make a better assessment. I think people are forgetting how well we started last season before we were hit with injuries.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Great post.

2 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Can't believe people think it would be a good idea to sack Levein now, based on an away draw to East Fife and qualifying for the next round of the cup.

He needs to be given until Christmas and then we can make a better assessment. I think people are forgetting how well we started last season before we were hit with injuries.

Are you for real????

The fans frustration and anger is not just because of that horrendous result today!

Its as a result of the dire negative football we have suffered under Levein for the last two seasons with NO sign of improvement!

siegementality
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Brilliant stuff. 

JKB at it's finest. 

For someone who wasn’t going to post on this thread again as “theres no point” you just can’t seem to help yourself.

I remember many moons ago Robinson, then Romanov, planted a full time poster on the site to propagate positivity. You are the Levein equivalent of those posters. Anyone would think you were being paid to post - understandable given the hundreds of post you put up every day defending Levein. Just as well me and you know you’re a train driver eh.  Choo, choo 🚂

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Here we go again with the “pant wetting” shite!!!

At least come up with something original FFS!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

For someone who wasn’t going to post on this thread again as “theres no point” you just can’t seem to help yourself.

I remember many moons ago Robinson, then Romanov, planted a full time poster on the site to propagate positivity. You are the Levein equivalent of those posters. Anyone would think you were being paid to post - understandable given the hundreds of post you put up every day defending Levein. Just as well me and you know you’re a train driver eh.  Choo, choo 🚂

Your posts are now a little weird. 

They ha e a stalkery feel to them. 

A little unnerving tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I like your posts and you always seem reasonable. There is always hysteria after bad results, given the atmosphere around the club it will always be magnified. We do however need to acknowledge what we have seen in the past week tho. Today we’ve been beaten or failed to beat East Fife, East Fife. On Wednesday, at home, we struggled to beat Stenhousemuir. I don’t think what we’ve seen on here tonight is that over the top, of course there has been some total guff spotted, even some square go’s handed out as well 😂. Am not pant wetting here but I genuinely think we are now in cathro territory. Before everyone starts greeting, I don’t mean the football on show, I mean the atmosphere around the club. The board have to seriously consider how we go forward, not just for Levein but for the players. Every missed placed pass, every questionable substitution, every dropped point, every post match interview etc etc is going to get the same reaction as today. That’s not healthy for a football club. Something has to change for the sake of everyone. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, busby1985 said:

I like your posts and you always seem reasonable. There is always hysteria after bad results, given the atmosphere around the club it will always be magnified. We do however need to acknowledge what we have seen in the past week tho. Today we’ve been beaten or failed to beat East Fife, East Fife. On Wednesday, at home, we struggled to beat Stenhousemuir. I don’t think what we’ve seen on here tonight is that over the top, of course there has been some total guff spotted, even some square go’s handed out as well 😂. Am not pant wetting here but I genuinely think we are now in cathro territory. Before everyone starts greeting, I don’t mean the football on show, I mean the atmosphere around the club. The board have to seriously consider how we go forward, not just for Levein but for the players. Every missed placed pass, every questionable substitution, every dropped point, every post match interview etc etc is going to get the same reaction as today. That’s not healthy for a football club. Something has to change for the sake of everyone. 

What we have seen in the last week is the club progress in the league cup. 

Something certain folk miss out when discussing the results and removing the manager. 

Smith&Weston

The fact of the matter is our midfield is shocking and our strikers can’t score goals = recipe for disaster.  Naismith will make a big difference but still at least 2 other short of an acceptable team.  Levein and only Levein to blame for that.  We have won 4 games since March.  3 x against lower league teams.  Not what I expect from a Hearts team, no matter who is in charge.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Something certain folk miss out when discussing the results and removing the manager. 

Factually that is correct but you know that’s not the full story. If this was Levein’s first few games then he’d be given leeway. This isn’t tho. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

What we have seen is a team failing to beat a piss poor DU at home, a ineffective 2-0 win against the mighty Cowdenbeath, relying on a defender to get us out of jail with two late goals at home to ....wait for it....Stenhousemuir, and finally scraping a draw at East Fife before losing on penalties!!

Something YOU and your fellow Levein apologists seemed to have missed when discussing the abysmal performances of our team under our current Manager!

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Factually that is correct but you know that’s not the full story. If this was Levein’s first few games then he’d be given leeway. This isn’t tho. 

Exactly - the past dire two seasons under Levein has been wiped from their minds!

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Think Levein has lost a large percentage of the fans. A significant minority despise Levein and revel in our many defeats and poor performances. Away games are virtually unwatchable to be honest I  was at about half a dozen last year and can't remember a good performance. As you say we are in Cathro territory.

siegementality
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Your posts are now a little weird. 

They ha e a stalkery feel to them. 

A little unnerving tbh. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Pretty hard not to notice the shite you post. We’ve endured nearly 29,000 of them.

The fact is I have a good memory and can remember you wanting Hibs to win the cup, arguing with me that Connor Sammon would be a good player for Hearts 😂😂 

No ones stalking you. You’re a stand out because of your unrelenting positivity toward someone who is an abject failure. How many posts today in support of Levein? Couple of hundred?

You’re a stand out because your posts make you sound like a complete clown. The irony is that the man that you spend so much time defending is going to show you up for the clown you are. Levein will be emptied before the seasons out and you’ll be on her 10 seconds before he’s sacked saying it’s not going to happen.  Choo, choo 🚂🚂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

siegementality
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The same league cup we had to play the group stages in due to the pish poor performance and league finish of the team last season.

26 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

True, it’s been less than a year since we won the October Premier League trophy and already people are getting on Leveins back. 

10 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Think Levein has lost a large percentage of the fans. A significant minority despise Levein and revel in our many defeats and poor performances. Away games are virtually unwatchable to be honest I  was at about half a dozen last year and can't remember a good performance. As you say we are in Cathro territory.

No true Hearts fan would revel in their teams poor performances or defeats - many however are growing to despise Levein for his total mis-management of our team!

Edited by Thomaso

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

True, it’s been less than a year since we won the October Premier League trophy and already people are getting on Leveins back. 

What trophy?? 

Rocky jamboa

Levein should have went as manager (happy for him to stay as DOF) a long time ago. The football has been $h!t for 3 seasons now.

However, I dont understand the seethe and levein out comments after every bad result.  I've accepted hes not going anywhere anytime soon so prepared for him to get the first 6-10 games to see how we do. If we get off to a crap start, he should go to save us from another torturous season. If he doesn't bring in at the very least a very good central midfielder, we will struggle again this season and battling for top six will be (again) all we're playing for. However, I'm not overly bothered about these league cup games as they're effectively glorified friendlies to get the fitness up. 

Also, as long as we are selling 13k+ season tickets each season, nothing will change. I stopped my season ticket 2 years ago as wasnt enjoying it. If more people did the same, or even held off buying, it would maybe have forced a change. The club are taking our loyalty for granted by charging us top whack for the garbage we've had to endure. However, as long as folk do it, nothing will change. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What we have seen is a team failing to beat a piss poor DU at home, a ineffective 2-0 win against the mighty Cowdenbeath, relying on a defender to get us out of jail with two late goals at home to ....wait for it....Stenhousemuir, and finally scraping a draw at East Fife before losing on penalties!!

Something YOU and your fellow Levein apologists seemed to have missed when discussing the abysmal performances of our team under our current Manager!

So, we progressed on the cup, glad we agree on something. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic