Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

12 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Much better. If you even bothered to look.

It was a question, not a statement.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just going to toss it out there, but has everyone considered that it’s not actually Levein’s methods that responsible for the mistakes?

Mothy, that would then suggest he has completely lost the players which would be a compelling reason to remove him. If you are suggesting it's the coaches then I wouldn't be surprised at that at all. Every single one of them needs removed from the club. 

Always assumed it was the bairns at Motherwell he put the cones out for, tbh. Dunno where I got that from 🤷‍♂️

Be nice if he could come back on, clear up a few things and defend his stance.

I’m not holding my breath.

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just going to toss it out there, but has everyone considered the possibility that it’s not actually Levein’s methods that responsible for the mistakes?

Obviously you have. Can you expand?

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yes, we did.

East Fife are top of the table I've just looked at. 

Edited by ri Alban

Bazzas right boot

Sacked for qualifying for the next round. 

Cannae see it. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Always assumed it was the bairns at Motherwell he put the cones out for, tbh. Dunno where I got that from 🤷‍♂️

Be nice if he could come back on, clear up a few things and defend his stance.

I’m not holding my breath.

He might be there now. But he definitely told me he was involved at Celtic at one point. 

Sexton Hardcastle

On a slightly related tangent given a lot of people wanted him to get the job, do St Johnstone fans want Tommy Wright punted at this stage of the season? Had a similar shite start.

“Snowflake” a term coined by a far-right simpleton to describe people who don’t like seeing leaders of countries bullying the vulnerable. As far as I’m concerned, anyone who parrots the patter of a racist right wing velcro-enthusiast agrees with the idiot who coined the phrase. 

In simple terms, it’s the calling card of the hard of thinking arsehole.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Is his record any better than cathro ?

Far better. 

Folk not differentiating between getting knocked out at the group stages and qualifying from them must be a new level of stupidity. 

Staggering actually. 

19 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

U OK HUN? XX

Gorgie will never rule unless Ann Budge acts and employs a management team that knows what they are doing.

Ann has heads of departments in the club and there’s one that is letting everyone down including the fans.

17 minutes ago, campbell said:

Again no trolling, I put up my opinion and was called a hibs fan for doing so! I then stated I knew it would get that reaction from Middle aged men who would be raging over it and so far I’ve been correct that 

Have you some issues regarding middle age Hearts supporters ??

You do seem to be a bit special .

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

He might be there now. But he definitely told me he was involved at Celtic at one point. 

Aye fair enough, it’ll be me that’s mistaken. 👍🏻

I know now he used to make out he was ITK with some things Sellick but had thought he worked elsewhere and was getting the ‘info’ second hand.

4 minutes ago, campbell said:

Well I’m surely Neilson and Cathro would say other wise! 

I think the quality we have isn’t massively lower than killie, Hibs and Aberdeen imo obviously, all teams have lost players and replaced with a bit of unknowns so I think we will be competitive, yes the end last 6 months have been very poor and injuries only excuses so much of this but I’m willing to see what we can do with what looks like a better forward line on paper, I’m certainly not going to lose my mind over league cup games 

Bar our CM I would agree our quality could be up there but our tactics and motivation are miles off. Just need to look at the results as evidence.

All Hearts fans will be happy we are through but I'd expect 99.99% will be concerned by the manner.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

East Fife are top of the table I've just looked at. 

East Fife finished with 8 points and we finished with 9.

East Fife beat Stenhousemuir and Dundee United (6 points) and drew with us (1 point and a bonus point for winning the shootout)

they lost to Cowdenbeath.

We beat Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir (6 points) and drew with Dundee Utd (1 point and a bonus point) and East Fife (1 point).

Edited by iantjambo

If he stays it will be another season of boring football designed not to win games but not to lose goals in games.especially away from home.

Football is supposed to be entertaining, we expect to be entertained and up off our seats cheering, but it rarely happens under Levein.

How many chances does he get

GorgieRules22
53 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Right on cue :facepalm:

Give me your arguments for backing Levein I’m intrigued 

TweedbankJambo

Someone needs to leave kickback open on her phone and ram it in her face so she has to look. Come on Ann, if your so business minded you should see where this is heading.. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cannae see it. 

Blinkers off and now you can see clearly now rain has gone.

Just now, Whatever said:

Aye fair enough, it’ll be me that’s mistaken. 👍🏻

I know now he used to make out he was ITK with some things Sellick but had thought he worked elsewhere and was getting the ‘info’ second hand.

Maybe it was another poster that linked Motherwell its def come up somewhere on here in relation to the op. Suppose its not overly relevant. 

The Internet
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

On a slightly related tangent given a lot of people wanted him to get the job, do St Johnstone fans want Tommy Wright punted at this stage of the season? Had a similar shite start.

They've had a much worse start. 

tolcross lad

Levein tenure as DOF and manager is failing.There is no jam tomorrow .Ann Budge needs to act in the interests of our club and not Levein.

Famous 1874

Because I think she is clueless regarding the football side of things, hence Levein controls the whole football department.

Most worrying thing is that she said at the end of last season is that he is doing a very good job. She denies that he is bulletproof but he talks as if he is under no pressure at all. 

Her trust in Levein is her downfall and I can’t see him leaving whilst she is in charge, unfortunately. 

46 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Christophe Berra returned to hearts because Levein is such a joke figure. He loves a laugh apparently.

Using this theory, Christophe Berra actually returned to Hearts because of Cathro. Which shows while he’s maybe a great centre half, he’s about as good a judge of manager as Levein is. 

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They've had a much worse start. 

Any idea on the consensus?

Phil Dunphy
53 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Just wrote this in the match thread but I'll stick it here as it is more on topic.

On FB i have alot of DU fans and their chairman came out and said the fans will get a Q&A session and also get it reassured to them that their result against E.F is completely unacceptable.

Us? We are getting the piss took out of us. We have just smashed shirt sale records, we are all still pledging and giving the club 1.4m a year is it? And the product on the park is no better than part timers from Stenhousemuir - in fact, there was more fight and passion from them than us.

Frightening times. I dread to think what the first few away games have in store because they are hard ties even for the best teams.

You answered your own question. The money is still rolling in. Shirts are selling, season tickets are being renewed and pledges are still coming in. 

If that stopped, you could bet things would change quick sharp. 

Just now, sadj said:

Maybe it was another poster that linked Motherwell its def come up somewhere on here in relation to the op. Suppose its not overly relevant. 

The point is he made a damning statement which he backed up with his I work in football crap ... then f's off... that is piss poor and the act of a shitebag ... in my opinion.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

At least Tommy Wright and St Johnstone have the excuse of a mutch smaller budget to spend on the team than us. 

You got a free jacket with a badge on it. Congratulations!

By the way, I'm seriously doubting our managers position, but to start talking pish about other people "in the game" ridiculing our manager, you're full of wind and piss. 

Are you not the same tube who stopped supporting the club because of a tiny wee minority of numpties?

🤔

Phil Dunphy
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cannae see it. 

Aye, because this is all about the group stage of the League Cup. 

Well done on completely missing the point. 

gowestjambo
49 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s a section of support who are sitting waiting on this mystical 90 minutes where we blossom, break from our cocoon into something much greater. 

Its as clear as daylight we severely lack. We rarely win games with plenty left in the tank, in fact, we rarely win these days.  We struggle to do the key things with any level of efficiency. 

The drive for the TEAM to succeed needs to start at the top and work its way down. Pressure needs applied. I don’t mean the financial backing, I mean rhetoric, meetings where the bosses put demands on the manager. I don’t think that exists. 

The lack of Leadership from the Management is laughable. If a team reflects the manager, then its no wonder it is slow boring pedestrian stuff. More worrying is that we seem to have a number of Fans that defend this woeful style of Football.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Aye, it's me that's missing the point. 😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You answered your own question. The money is still rolling in. Shirts are selling, season tickets are being renewed and pledges are still coming in. 

If that stopped, you could bet things would change quick sharp. 

Yep. Quite poor from the club really. Something needs addressed but sadly they will continue to ban fans who voice their opinion at the ground.

If you don’t want levein gone.

your clueless. Over the last 9 months would you gave Cathro the same time. Their records can’t be far apart

On 26/07/2019 at 12:13, Jenks said:

I'd love to see who others would replace Levein with? Somebody that would come to Hearts.....??

Andrew Robertson / Barry Ferguson

Souness DOF

5 minutes ago, Iamborg said:

Have you some issues regarding middle age Hearts supporters ??

You do seem to be a bit special .

Aww thanks that’s really kind of you 

in regards to your first comment I apologise I’m making an assumption here based on the fact that old guess have seen a lot worse hearts teams and the majority of younger people just wouldn’t get that mad and if they did they wouldn’t be on kickback they would be on Twitter or Facebook 

maroonedinbriz

I'm not on the know, but at the time following Cathro's sacking nobody wanted the job with a DoF.  Suddenly she puts forward her man who was in front of our noses all the time. Did she persuade him to do a job he didn't really want? Maybe feels guilty after the heart attack.

Who_put_the_ball_in...

People still sticking up for Levein is cringe worthy. No other manager would have been given this much time.

49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’ll keep that in mind next time we play in Glasgow. 

👍

sandylejambo

I'm not really interested on how other teams are worse, we are shit and it all goes back to Levein, he has to go or maybe Mrs Budge is being to loyal and maybe its time for her to step down, I hope not but if she continues to back Levein maybe she should,.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, it's me that's missing the point. 😂😂😂😂

Well you clearly are if you think this is about the League Cup group. And not about the fact we’ve even toiling since November. 

The Internet
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Any idea on the consensus?

No but losing to montrose and forfar, can't imagine they're happy. 

Those that are hoping that Levein resigns, is there any evidence that he has previous history for resigning for the good of a football club or team?

Who_put_the_ball_in...
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Aye let’s me sure we are Tom Kite all the time.

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

East Fife finished with 8 points and we finished with 9.

East Fife beat Stenhousemuir and Dundee United (6 points) and drew with us (1 point and a bonus point for winning the shootout)

they lost to Cowdenbeath.

We beat Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir (6 points) and drew with Dundee Utd (1 point and a bonus point) and East Fife (1 point).

👍 Thank God for cowdenbeath. Or is it. We could be in trouble, next round.

I would like to know the OP's football credentials. Coaching at U20/First Team level with a pro club or mickey mouse job with the SFA putting the bibs and cones out?

Thought he wisnae coming back after the Murrayfield semi anyway? Why would he care?

FWIW I think its time for CL to go, its clearly not working

38 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Done many great things.

But, the set up with “the autonomous” Mr Levein after the cathro catastrophe reeks of nepotism and shows she doesn’t understand how to run the football side of things. 

She has freely admitted that she doesn't know how to run the football side and that's why CL is there. I kinda think that Mrs B has been hoping that everything can hang on until the FOH take over the majority shareholding but it's going to be close the way feelings are running after Wednesday and today.

Robbo-Jambo
25 minutes ago, campbell said:

I count 9 in that post 

Long trip back last night aye? 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic