Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Second paragraph answers the first. The rest was just total shit imo.

Fair enough if that's what you think but for me the work with the academy isn't enough to offset the last 3 seasons of shite.  

If that's where his skills lie then he should be academy director, not director of football or manager as overall i don't think he's been good enough in either of those roles.  It's a daft argument, i think we've all nailed our colours to the mast on what we think about Levein.  Just need to wait and see what he plans to do as the criticism from the fans clearly makes no difference to him.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

First round of league games is the acid test if we’re toiling he’ll go. 

The window is still open until end of August we’ll see a couple of new signings plus Naismith I hope they’re good!!

Phil Dunphy
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So qualifying is small time?

Helps in no way at all tbh. 

Makes no sense to me. 

We qualify we move on, that's what generally happens or used to. 

You discuss the positives, the negatives and what you think would help improve the side for the next round and upcoming games. 

Not on here tho, qualifying means the manager should be sacked. 

Carrying the same form from last November should see him sacked.

Scraping through to the next round as some kind of achievement? You'd be better off supporting Livingston mate. They're more than match your low, low standards.

On 22/04/2019 at 19:57, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What action should she take Frank?

Stupid question. 

It's utterly pointless having one person as both director of football and head coach. The whole point of having that structure is so that there's a segregation of duties and that no one individual is making recruitment and other strategic football decisions. 

In the latter half of last season, I was in favour of CL leaving the club, the cup final and the summer mellowed me a bit, but there just seems to be a total lack of positive energy and momentum around the club.

Putting a hypothetical scenario out there, say that the club replaced Levein with say Paulo Sergio, you would immediately get an air of positivity and most of the fans would be back on side.

That is the most compelling reason for a change, because the current mood and direction of travel is one of stagnation.

30 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Loyal fans?????, 😀😀😀😀

Surely you're not questioning hearts fans loyalty

Class of 75
16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

First round of league games is the acid test if we’re toiling he’ll go. 

The window is still open until end of August we’ll see a couple of new signings plus Naismith I hope they’re good!!

The problem is even if he brings in a couple of good players he will ruin them 

Forever Hearts
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The drivel was in general, not you. 

Yes, although time will tell if it is actually harder. 

Not happy at all, we need to address the midfield and our strikers better get their act together. 

Not one person has said they're happy, you can be unhappy but not actually think sacking CL is the answer to, well everything. 

Plenty to actually talk about, but as usual it's just several posters re hashing the same points across multiple threads when the only thing that has changed, the only thing that has changed is that we've qualified for the next round. 

You have a losers attitude so it's no surprise you back Levein and his abysmal, negative, mind numbing football to the hilt. Wake up ffs. 

I was stupid enough to think that with 3 games under our belts, this would be the one where we showed a bit of sparkle and produced an encouraging performance and result.

Stupid and wrong.

I'm angry.  Wish levein was.

Seems like the cup final performance saved his job. I thought either he would move back upstairs or freshen up the back room staff with someone else learning the ropes - Neil McCann, Gary Naismith etc

siegementality
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Why the aggression bud? If it relevant then the OP should be on here right now letting us have the benefit of what his football  pedigree is... not giving a glib reference to the fact "HE WORKS IN FOOTBALL AND KNOWS PEOPLE THAT THINK CL IS A TWAT" I paraphrase but that is what he is suggesting... and it is pure shite! I am no CL apologist but lets keep it real and not start inventing things that are patently untrue... you are not appointed to major football management post for being a twat!

No aggression here. Just asking a few questions.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

No he isn't.  On the other hand you post is a ****ing joke.

I may be moved to a position of Levein needs to move on, but he still is a legend and gets my respect.

All about opinions. Mine might be shite in yours, but I am sadly not joking. He is genuinely a laughing stock as a manager. 

The Comedian
1 hour ago, leginten said:

“Glorified friendlies” and “still in pre-season” are tipped to feature strongly this evening.

They were serious enough for Levein to bag wee Cathro, though. 

Utterly tired of the whole set-up and the predictions of jam tomorrow, it will amount to nothing.

Make it stop.

1 hour ago, Anderson5 said:

Using this theory, Christophe Berra actually returned to Hearts because of Cathro. Which shows while he’s maybe a great centre half, he’s about as good a judge of manager as Levein is. 

He actually stated when he came back that Craig Levein was a "big factor".

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

A laughing stock by whom?

The great and the good of Scottish football? Scottish football is a laughing stock. 

Scottish football is indeed a laughing stock. Worst standard in my lifetime.

Levein is a laughing stock in the eyes of fans of many rival teams, many parts of the media and - most importantly - increasing sections of our own support. He’s making our team worse. 

16 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

The problem is even if he brings in a couple of good players he will ruin them 

Well if he does and he gets punted or leaves then we better hope the replacement gets the best out of them. We have good players so any good manager would be delighted to take that over.

1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

Is it ****. It's thoroughly depressing. 

What's more there seems to be a large element of the support who believe that this kind of mediocrity is acceptable for Heart of Midlothian. 

I just don't get it.

We've become the pinkest, fluffiest club and supporters in The SPL... Embarrassing and cringeworthy. Although many of today's happy clappers have never heard a chant of "what a load of rubbish" those of us that remember the 70s and 80s know we're well beyond the point currently where that chant would be heard a few times

letsalldothebeattie

Levein needs to go and go quickly before he completely ruins the club. He’s already started ruining it but something needs to give from him or from Budge 

After 5 years of giving our all,  our fans deserve a management of our team to deliver on the pitch.

Many fans have had enough of excuses and failure it’s time to repay our fans with a team that 

makes us proud to travel and support our team all over the country. Time for our board to think 

of the paying public who’s loyalty can never be questioned but the product on the pitch is just 

nowhere good enough. You the board are letting our fabulous support down time to act for the 

good of the club, team and fans.

Edited by mitch41

kingantti1874

I don’t think he can redeem himself, half of the support will never accept him even if he was to win a trophy. 

Hes become deeply divisive - like hearts very own boris Johnson.. he’s got to move on..

FWIW I actually blame his acceptance of handing over training to daly and co, we didn’t play like this in his first spell, we just didn’t, and DUFc didn’t play like this either. His desire to be hands off has killed him

17 minutes ago, gedster said:

We've become the pinkest, fluffiest club and supporters in The SPL... Embarrassing and cringeworthy. Although many of today's happy clappers have never heard a chant of "what a load of rubbish" those of us that remember the 70s and 80s know we're well beyond the point currently where that chant would be heard a few times

Careful. A simpleton will be along waving the word “entitlement” at you any second now.

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

Careful. A simpleton will be along waving the word “entitlement” at you any second now.

Yeah and that simpleton probably still gets dressed by his mother in the morning

Tynecastle Valhalla

Is this for budge ?

she’s  great for hearts and I hope stays on 

been here before

'This topic has been moved to one of the other numerous threads on Ann Budge/Craig Levein'

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think he can redeem himself, half of the support will never accept him even if he was to win a trophy. 

Hes become deeply divisive - like hearts very own boris Johnson.. he’s got to move on..

FWIW I actually blame his acceptance of handing over training to daly and co, we didn’t play like this in his first spell, we just didn’t, and DUFc didn’t play like this either. His desire to be hands off has killed him

👍🏻

Thought Police

You realise that the club won’t be run by Kickback polls right?

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

'This topic has been moved to one of the other numerous threads on Ann Budge/Craig Levein'

Getting ridiculous 🙈 how many threads do ya need on the same thing. Not even seen a Clare is shit thread tonight for them all

The team selected by public vote on kickback?

I for one, welcome our new arsehole overlords.

Just now, Thought Police said:

You realise that the club won’t be run by Kickback polls right?

What worries me is people who put their money in and think that means they will be able to get their ideas implemented. I bought shares in Apple so I should be able to design the new iphone , I bought shares in Sainsbury so I will be the new manager of Sainsbury Murrayfield. 

Just now, Martin_T said:

The team selected by public vote on kickback?

I for one, welcome our new arsehole overlords.

😂😂😂 **** me can you imagine.

hes shite , hes shite , hes no even at the club anymore

aye but that poster said he was aright so i want him in the team , phone his new club and tell them he’s playing for us on Saturday. Oh here btw that Hibs midfield is better than ours so we will play them the day and I want Lafferty up top with Cummings because eh I hink they’ll

dae ok likesay

1 minute ago, sadj said:

What worries me is people who put their money in and think that means they will be able to get their ideas implemented. I bought shares in Apple so I should be able to design the new iphone , I bought shares in Sainsbury so I will be the new manager of Sainsbury Murrayfield. 

:lol: 

been here before
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Getting ridiculous 🙈 how many threads do ya need on the same thing. Not even seen a Clare is shit thread tonight for them all

All started by the same half dozen or so frothing heidbangers.

Edited by been here before

207 pages.

Think I'll start a charity sweep on how many it reaches before Levein finally concedes that the tide is coming in.

Edited by Busby8

3fingersreid

I’ve not passed comment on Craig Levein as to wether he should stay or go but I have read many many posts and posts that are now becoming more and more aggressive about his tenure . I would never say a manager should be sacked on the basis of one game , that would be stupid beyond belief , however his history has to be looked at and as of now CL record of first team results simply isn’t good enough. 

The work he has done at the academy is the stuff of dreams given the youngsters coming thru and that’s where I now think he should be . 

I’m told his record is comparable to cathros and I can’t remember too many voices defending him ( been told not double checked) 

I’m reading on other posts Hearts fans squaring up to each other , that isn’t good to hear , the divisions in the support has now got to the point it’s sad . 

I don’t think any manager will ever get the backing of 100% of the support but for them to be a success I’d take a stab in the dark that he’d need to have around 70% of the fans behind him , I wouldn’t like to guess what he’s got backing him at the minute . 

Ive always said a team is a reflection of the manager and whilst CL has a very good sense of humour he does come across dour and cautious . 

I’ll also add the players have to step up and work hard , they represent the finest club in football and whilst I don’t expect victory every game I bloody well expect effort in everyone , they are not blameless in this situation 

Didn't mean this to be so long I’m just so bloody frustrated at the product on the pitch at present , especially when the off field product is so good . 

Walter Bishop

"Give him 6 months" 

"He needs another transfer window"

"He deserves until xmas" 

How much longer can these excuses be acceptable? The guy is in the most comfortable job in Scottish football and it is really now starting to become a joke. He knows he is untouchable and he is now throwing it in our faces with his delusional post match comments. 

We have gone backwards since he took over from Cathro and it will only get worse. 

2 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

I sometimes wonder if the 90 minutes of football is a hindrance for Budge? 

She seems to revel in every other aspect of the club. "That's football" seems to he her response to any underwhelming performances on the park.

This has nothing to do with CL being manager though does it really?

For what it is worth I fully agree with you in what you are saying. A lot of people will not agree with what I am saying here BUT AB is happy to see " her investment" delivering on target! It would only be the most naive person not to recognise this. She made a commitment to buy, something we were all grateful for make no mistake ! However knowing that if all went to plan she would be taking away either her wedge of dosh or if it went slightly askew she would have the club it was really a win win situation as after the dust had settled and the debts paid the club was always still going to be worth more than she put in. However I have always suspected that she would be happy to leave with her slice... and that looks like a certainty as things are going well and when she has finished her project she can hold her head high and give over the club to the fans... and I say well done her!

No point in Levein going unless his backroom staff go to. Levein doesn’t take training and I suspect McPhee has quite a significant role to play in what tactics and team selection we adopt.

last season was terrible in the league, but the cup final performance bought the management some time. However, we really needed to hit the ground running this season or the fans would turn. We haven’t done so in the LC, so next weekend is huge. Another inept performance at Pittodrie and the discontent will rapidly grow.

Benny Factor
6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

"Give him 6 months" 

"He needs another transfer window"

"He deserves until xmas" 

How much longer can these excuses be acceptable? The guy is in the most comfortable job in Scottish football and it is really now starting to become a joke. He knows he is untouchable and he is now throwing it in our faces with his delusional post match comments. 

We have gone backwards since he took over from Cathro and it will only get worse. 

When Cathro was sacked, you wouldn't have thought that was possible,  but he's managed it!

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

When Cathro was sacked, you wouldn't have thought that was possible,  but he's managed it!

Sorry, I want Craig to leave now but this simply is not true. Ian cathro has the worst record in the history of the club, this is based on fact not a subjective view..  leveins record is nowhere near it. 

Walter Bishop

Anyone backing Levein now chooses to do so over the club imo. He cannot continue.

12 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

No point in Levein going unless his backroom staff go to. Levein doesn’t take training and I suspect McPhee has quite a significant role to play in what tactics and team selection we adopt.

last season was terrible in the league, but the cup final performance bought the management some time. However, we really needed to hit the ground running this season or the fans would turn. We haven’t done so in the LC, so next weekend is huge. Another inept performance at Pittodrie and the discontent will rapidly grow.

Little scenario - league form shit - Cup Final coming up - CL puts all other duties aside and takes proper charge of first team affairs. We compete despite not being at full strength. Cup Final ends go back to where we were before. Performances go back to how they were. Sums up Daly and Dix for me and the fact CL should only be DoF as its two big jobs to be Head Coach and DoF and shouldn’t be done by one person. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Where are all the clowns trying to defend him now? 

Away to join the circus.

53 minutes ago, gedster said:

There's something in this, particularly since coming out of admin - or the Budge/Levein era. I've been watching Hearts since 1983 and we have had some of the most embarrassing results in the last 5 years. Two cup losses to part time teams - Peterhead and East Fife (albeit on pens). I only remember one other in the previous 30 years, Montrose in 1986. A European defeat to Maltese minnows. I don't remember a single Euro defeat to such a small team ever before. Two cup defeats to Hibs. Almost unimaginable after 4-0, 5-1, 22 in a row, 17 in a row etc. 5-0 to Livingston. Defeats of that magnitude to smaller SPL teams only come about once a decade I.e. 6-1 v Motherwell, 6-2 v St Mirren. The club in an immensely strong financial position, thanks to benefactors both large and small. Why are we making excuses?

Phil Dunphy
22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Using his name isn't on.

I'm pretty sure that was previously his username, tbf.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, jambocub said:

How come we struggle to put any performance in against the team's that are above us ?

Maybe you have the answer to that, all i know is we are through to the next stage of the cup, goodnight .

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Think you could possibly do a better job at both, particularly the latter. 

29 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

There's something in this, particularly since coming out of admin - or the Budge/Levein era. I've been watching Hearts since 1983 and we have had some of the most embarrassing results in the last 5 years. Two cup losses to part time teams - Peterhead and East Fife (albeit on pens). I only remember one other in the previous 30 years, Montrose in 1986. A European defeat to Maltese minnows. I don't remember a single Euro defeat to such a small team ever before. Two cup defeats to Hibs. Almost unimaginable after 4-0, 5-1, 22 in a row, 17 in a row etc. 5-0 to Livingston. Defeats of that magnitude to smaller SPL teams only come about once a decade I.e. 6-1 v Motherwell, 6-2 v St Mirren. The club in an immensely strong financial position, thanks to benefactors both large and small. Why are we making excuses?

In truth we have morphed into a less malodorous version of Hibs over the last five years. All the stuff we used to mock them for - bumbling, incoherent, clueless managers, humiliating European exits, deflection of unacceptable results by talking about something else (new stand, healthy financial position), soiling the shorts in derbies and then pretending that the derby doesn’t really matter, acceptance of crushing mediocrity because we’re not “entitled” to be any better, production of flimsy excuses on an industrial scale - is now our property.

Sad times.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic