Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

When you start getting roundly booed like the last 2 games it's the beginning of the end. There is zero evidence of any lessons learned on addressing the issues of the second half of last season. 

It's an incredibly difficult situation to turn around, our early league games are very tricky, and pressure just increases. Agents are also well aware of the situation at clubs and this will not help us bring in the kind of quality lacking in our midfield. They will be wary about placing their clients in troubled waters. 

Quite honestly it's horrible because he has been a hero to many of us but now looks increasingly lost with every public utterance. This is the start of the end game and it's not going to be nice for anyone involved with the club. 

Edited by Jodami

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

tolcross lad
51 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dinosaurs who made probably the most progressive and risky managerial appointment in recent Scottish football history not that long ago. (OK, it didn't work, but still... it did feel quite refreshing and revolutionary at the time).

There was nothing progressive about it.We the fans were led by the nose into thinking it was.The man was a complete novice who should not have been anywhere near being head coach at Hearts.It is unbelievable that Levein allowed Cathro license to spend the playing budget.Levein was pressurised  to clear up the mess that his revolutionary appointment created.There were reasons that Levein did not want to return to the dugout and we are seeing them now.

Fareastjambo

What does Ann Budge see in Levein that many of us don’t?  He has a hold on this club like no one has ever had. She really has to act sooner rather than later. I won’t hold my breath though 

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I can't believe that we're a week away from the start of a new league season and we don't seem any better than last season. 

He's squandered the transfer window by failing to address the problems of last year.

Is anyone actually happy to continue with him in charge?

He's like a sad old injured horse that needs putting out of it's misery. The game looks like it's past him by and his best plan is to pin all of our hopes on Naismith. Again.

So disappointing.

You are right, it is incredible how Levein is still in a job. 

How some are defending him is baffling, their excuses are so short sighted. Major surgery is needed, Levein and his cohorts have to go before they inflict more damage on our club.

7 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Precisely. 

Same shit different season. Same 🤡🤡 apologists. It will soon be all over for Levein thank ****. No way he’ll survive this upcoming SPL fixture list. 

Agree.  Losing the derby will be the final straw and we will be rid of him.  Shame we will have lost so much time and money by then, should have happened after the Cathro debacle.  

gowestjambo

There is nothing more to be said apart from the fact he must be removed immediately. There is nothing good about this team. He has total control over team as DoF. The signings and tactics are his, the motivation (or lack of it) is down to him. He is unable to identify a good Footballer and has cost christ knows how much with his "Projects". We should have a settled team and be prepared for the season. We are totally reliant on Naismith working wonders, and if for any reason he does not sign, or gets injured we are goosed!

His demeanour after games shows he has zero passion, and is losing respect. We need a new Manager and Coaches pronto........

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

There is nothing more to be said apart from the fact he must be removed immediately. There is nothing good about this team. He has total control over team as DoF. The signings and tactics are his, the motivation (or lack of it) is down to him. He is unable to identify a good Footballer and has cost christ knows how much with his "Projects". We should have a settled team and be prepared for the season. We are totally reliant on Naismith working wonders, and if for any reason he does not sign, or gets injured we are goosed!

His demeanour after games shows he has zero passion, and is losing respect. We need a new Manager and Coaches pronto........

Exactly my sentiments been saying the same for a long time.

He will not walk away from the job as it is likely his last in football, we need Budge to realise he is not the man for the job but if she hasn't by now then I don't think she ever will, doesn't matter how bad it gets he'll dig his heels in and come up with more bullshit to pull the wool over the eyes of budge.

HEARTS FOREVER

Anyone know where our local Jambo pilot is?

No playing style. No striker. No midfield. No class. Levein out!

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not shambolic. We haven't even played our first choice team yet from the start. We've tried some things out, some players - like Halkett, Washington and Walker - have bedded in a bit. Effectively we've scraped through to the next round of the LC, as we've done many times before.

In defence, we have our first choice LB sorted and Halkett's giving Levein some thinking too in terms of our best back 4 right now. Defence looks good.

In midfield, Walker has shown he can bring something to the team but we have obvious problems in CM with Haring out. So it's just as well we're looking to sign one or two there. Everything there rests on who we sign and/or whether a Cochrane or Irving can establish themselves.

In attack, Washington's probably first pick when fit again, next to Naismith. Uche has started very disappointingly.

We haven’t played our first choice team yet??   Who’s missing apart from Haring - don’t say Naismith because right now he’s not a Hearts player yet!!!

Edited by Thomaso

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Folk still backing him :rofl:

Unfortunately it’s not a laughing matter - it’s feckin tragic!!!!

Class of 75

Even the EEN thinks we are a bang average team. How some folk can't see that is beyond me. 

Rocky jamboa
8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So we just sit back and suffer?

We are past knee jerk reactions - the fans are pig sick of the ongoing crap under Levein!

Yeah I agree. The football is boring to watch and a 5th, 6th then 6th place finish should be unacceptable. 

However, as long as 13k+ people keep renewing season tickets every year, nothing will change. It doesn't send out the message that the fans are fed up with things. Coming onto kickback after every bad defeat isnt going to change things. 

Although I admire Budge for what she's done, she's at the end of the day a business woman. She will get the same turnover this year as the same number of people are renewing so she thinks things are ok. She will therefore go for the easy option of keeping levein for her last year and avoiding any difficult decisions or jeopardising her friendship with levein. 

If and when he is eventually relieved of his position as Manager then he needs to leave the club completely. It would be pointless in my opinion keeping him as DOF and still on the board which I fear Budge might be temtpted to do. 

That would be no better than leaving him in his job as he could and would still have a major influence on all things football.

8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If the cap fits. 

I think it’s been a bit over the top. Had we been knocked out, some of it may be merited. 

The performances have been acknowledged, I acknowledged that in my post. 😀 I don’t think anyone can deny that it has been poor and I’m certainly not denying that.

It’s still fairly early doors though. Yeah on paper we should be wiping the floor with these sides but this League Cup Group thing has changed how we prepare for the season.

In years gone by we’d still have been playing friendlies at this point, still working on things and experimenting, and generally, we would be nowhere near our peak form/readiness going into the start of a League Season. That has changed and we have less weeks to prepare with a pre-season now before the actual season begins. So while folk are getting themselves all worked up on these games, I don’t think it actually tells us that much about what level we will be at in the coming weeks. 

The atmosphere isn’t healthy at the moment but Hearts fans are fickle as feck. If we’re sitting in the top 4 after 5-10 league games and through to the Quarter Finals of the League Cup, all these posters that only appear when things are going badly, will be back under their rocks just waiting to pounce on the next opportunity. I shouldn’t have to point this out,  but most of them didn’t like Levein before he was even the manager.

Levein today could have done and said anything after the match and many of the same folk would have went mental about it. He said it was shit and we needed to improve, what was he meant to say? Yet the same posters are leading their agenda driven assault on Levein every chance they get. It’s these folk that are infecting the place with their doom and gloom. Putting pressure on the manager and the team before the start of the League season is negative.

It is far too soon for all this nonsense. We can acknowledge how poorly we’ve performed but we also have qualified. We can only expect better but at least have the pragmatism to give it a wee bit longer than July before deciding the season is over and we’re all feckin doomed. :laugh2:

From my own personal stand point, I am not saying the season is over in July, I know that comment wasn’t exclusively aimed at me. Am worried that we have seen a continuation of the lethargy that has plagued us for a few seasons now. I’d be 100% in your camp if this was a new manager, it’s not tho. All the same weaknesses and flaws are there for everyone to see. That’s what annoys people the most. We don’t seem to have moved forward at all. We need a goal keeper, Levein doesn’t think we do. Until the Haring injury progression, he didn’t think we needed a midfielder, our strikers haven’t scored yet he doesn’t want Lafferty. His comments about not being bothered about results like yesterday, telling the press pre derby at tynie that mikey Smith would only last 60 minutes and having no replacement on the bench make me question if he fully grasps what’s going on. His “I don’t know how to sort it” comment after the killie defeat as well. He seems to be deliberately antagonising the fans, like he did towards the end of his Scotland career when the pressure was mounting. We seem to be heading one way and one way only and that’s total revolt from the fans. It’s no longer a small minority in the stands wanting Levein out. Clear as day yesterday what the travelling fans thought. Ross County at home could be poison if we don’t perform at Aberdeen. 

11 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

If CL cared for the club in the way he claims to, he would step down and allow someone else to take over DoF role and allow them to appoint a manager who is not afraid to actually go out and play football, employ different tactics and play to our strengths and with tempo.

I said the same months ago and was repeatedly told by a CL backer that why would he walk and forego his compensation.

My response is that the Club has been very good to and for CL. It is now at a point where his blinded arrogance and the stranglehold he has over AB is disrespecting the Club and us the fans. If he had real respect for both, and to demonstrate the attributes of a Hearts legend, he should make the decision for AB and go.  

The control and power he has been able to gain at the Club is the root of the problem and it must end soon for the Club’s and fans sake.

Rocky jamboa
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

If and when he is eventually relieved of his position as Manager then he needs to leave the club completely. It would be pointless in my opinion keeping him as DOF and still on the board which I fear Budge might be temtpted to do. 

That would be no better than leaving him in his job as he could and would still have a major influence on all things football.

I would be happy him continuing as DOF, purely because of the work he's done on the youth side. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...

People on here full of optimism after the cup final. Shouting me down for suggesting he should have been binned.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I would be happy him continuing as DOF, purely because of the work he's done on the youth side. 

How about head of youth development 

Edited by Who_put_the_ball_in...

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Yeah I agree. The football is boring to watch and a 5th, 6th then 6th place finish should be unacceptable. 

However, as long as 13k+ people keep renewing season tickets every year, nothing will change. It doesn't send out the message that the fans are fed up with things. Coming onto kickback after every bad defeat isnt going to change things. 

Although I admire Budge for what she's done, she's at the end of the day a business woman. She will get the same turnover this year as the same number of people are renewing so she thinks things are ok. She will therefore go for the easy option of keeping levein for her last year and avoiding any difficult decisions or jeopardising her friendship with levein. 

Wont get the same turnover as we wont get an easy run to a final.

You could easily be right with your last line and putting off any decision but I think even after paid off Ann will remain involved, at least I hope so.

I wonder how his health will stand up to the pressure that he is now under? He clearly cares about the club and thinks it's going in the right direction but ultimately the fans are the judges and it looks like the verdict is in. Can't say I am looking forward to the new season as the atmosphere will be toxic if Craig stays.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

People on here full of optimism after the cup final. Shouting me down for suggesting he should have been binned.

I said before that game that I wanted him gone whether we won the final or not. This is why.

Sadly, too many in our support don’t understand football.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I said before that game that I wanted him gone whether we won the final or not. This is why.

Sadly, too many in our support don’t understand football.

Exactly cup final would have been the perfect opportunity for him to bow out. Instead he has hung around and buggered up another season.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Exactly cup final would have been the perfect opportunity for him to bow out. Instead he has hung around and buggered up another season.

He should have gone long before the cup final. Loads of us have been saying it.

3 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I wonder how his health will stand up to the pressure that he is now under? He clearly cares about the club and thinks it's going in the right direction but ultimately the fans are the judges and it looks like the verdict is in. Can't say I am looking forward to the new season as the atmosphere will be toxic if Craig stays.

Your first sentence is indeed a concern. A major one.

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Unfortunately it’s not a laughing matter - it’s feckin tragic!!!!

Only one or two and they're related. 

1 hour ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Hahaha. What a 🤡 you are. A delusional, sycophantic, happy clapping, bullshitter. Constantly and continually excusing the total ineptitude and incompetence of a man who has, along with Granny Budge, divided the Hearts support. A Hearts support who have backed the club to the hilt time and again and shown amazing collective patience given the complete and utter on field dross that they’ve witnessed. Make no mistake things are going to get very ugly very soon for these pair of charlatans. Today was another nail in their coffin and given the upcoming fixtures and both the horrendous results and performances throughout 2019 they are going to see the full vitriol of a long increasingly disillusioned and angry support. They’ve brought every ounce of that on themselves and if they had any dignity whatsoever they would take steps to change things with immediate effect to avoid what’s going to happen. 

For the avoidance of any doubt, I would also like a change of manager as quickly as possible.

However, how any Hearts fan can get to the stage where they’re calling Ann Budge a charlatan and condescending names like Granny Budge, I find absolutely astonishing. The ‘granny’ you refer to was the one who stood up in our darkest days and ploughed her own money into buy the club to allow FOH to pay her back. That ‘granny’ will help deliver us fan ownership, to avoid proper charlatans like Romanov or Robinson nearly killing us ever again. If you want to look at the whole club as it stands today and simply compare it to what she bought, the woman’s done an unbelievable job. And you want her gone? Are you mad? When all is said and done, our club (off the field) has never been as well run in your entire lifetime.

Train your guns on the manager by all means but the only thing Ann Budge can be accused of is being too loyal to him. That doesn’t warrant the vitriol she gets. I’m confident that when she knows 100% that he’s lost the fan base, he’ll be told his time is up. I personally don’t think he’ll see it through to the Hibs game in September. 

credit card

I couldn't be bothered going to Methil. A game on a Saturday, a 3pm kick off, just up the road and one where (if we knock a few goals in) we could then get another non-seeded "easy" team next ......and I didn't want to go. That decision is enough for me to realise that it's solely because Levein is still in charge. He is a Jambo through and through but enough is enough - for his own good it is time to step aside. Since the turn of the year how about this for 10 measures?:

Fight 1/10

Keeper 4/10

Defence 5/10

Midfield 4/10

Strikers 2/10

Passion 3/10

Entertainment 2/10

Atmosphere 3/10

Subs impact 3/10

Coaching staff 1/10

A report card that means a good 10 out of ten chance of a good skelping from yer Dad when he gets back hame fae work!

Still going to Pittodrie though

....maybe by then we might have someone else in charge.

The guy continues his policy of signing forwards with a dreadful record of goals to games ratio and wonders why our conversation rate is laughable. 

The best hope apart from Budge removing him is to stick Naismith right up top , it's a no brauner so I don't expect Levein to do it . 

Inch Hearts
16 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Poor OP, a guy that's managed his country "a joke" - aye ok

However as much as I like Levein his time is up as head coach

Are you trying to suggest that he wasn’t a joke figure ridiculed by everyone as manager of the national side?  Even hearts fans ripped him when Scotland manager and the majority never wanted him back after Scotland taking into consideration also he walked out on hearts first time around. 

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Are you trying to suggest that he wasn’t a joke figure ridiculed by everyone as manager of the national side?  Even hearts fans ripped him when Scotland manager and the majority never wanted him back after Scotland taking into consideration also he walked out on hearts first time around. 

If you talk to any non jambo bout Levein at Scotland and all they say is 4 6 0, national embarrassment!

Maroon Sailor
6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Possible Budgement Day II on Monday morning me thinks.

Won't happen that way.

Levein will make the decision on his future

William H. Bonney
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Did we progress in the lc, yes or no? 

By the skin of our teeth. From a group that contained east fife, Cowdenbeath and stenhousemuir.  

Its hardly something to be proud of. In fact it’s ****ing tragic to use that as a form of defence for not getting rid of levein. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Won't happen that way.

Levein will make the decision on his future

Correct the director or football will take the head coach for a chat.

38 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

You should still support the club through season tickets. Fans need to be more vocal at matches. If everyone sings Levein out or there are sizeable protests before/after game then Budge will have to listen.

The Old Tolbooth
47 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

From my own personal stand point, I am not saying the season is over in July, I know that comment wasn’t exclusively aimed at me. Am worried that we have seen a continuation of the lethargy that has plagued us for a few seasons now. I’d be 100% in your camp if this was a new manager, it’s not tho. All the same weaknesses and flaws are there for everyone to see. That’s what annoys people the most. We don’t seem to have moved forward at all. We need a goal keeper, Levein doesn’t think we do. Until the Haring injury progression, he didn’t think we needed a midfielder, our strikers haven’t scored yet he doesn’t want Lafferty. His comments about not being bothered about results like yesterday, telling the press pre derby at tynie that mikey Smith would only last 60 minutes and having no replacement on the bench make me question if he fully grasps what’s going on. His “I don’t know how to sort it” comment after the killie defeat as well. He seems to be deliberately antagonising the fans, like he did towards the end of his Scotland career when the pressure was mounting. We seem to be heading one way and one way only and that’s total revolt from the fans. It’s no longer a small minority in the stands wanting Levein out. Clear as day yesterday what the travelling fans thought. Ross County at home could be poison if we don’t perform at Aberdeen. 

Great post, there's more I could add but you've nailed the jist of it. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Is it me or is kickback starting to sound more and more like arsenal fan tv? 

"Man I've been saying it for years bruv"

"Wenger out fam! You understand me?"

Etc etc.

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Think it's pretty clear the support is gone,the question is how do we rid Heart of Midlothian Football Club of Craig Levein?

Incredible that folk are calling for Levein's head already, as well as eachothers going by another thread.

We've topped the group and the league season hasn't even started yet. Over reaction from some Hearts fans these days is a disgrace.

They aren't playing terrible, chances are still being created they just aren't being finished off. I'd like to think Naismith fills that void. 

Crisis? Come on now.

2 minutes ago, Rafferty51 said:

Incredible that folk are calling for Levein's head already, as well as eachothers going by another thread.

We've topped the group and the league season hasn't even started yet. Over reaction from some Hearts fans these days is a disgrace.

They aren't playing terrible, chances are still being created they just aren't being finished off. I'd like to think Naismith fills that void. 

Crisis? Come on now.

“Already?”

People have been calling for his head for months!

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Is it me or is kickback starting to sound more and more like arsenal fan tv? 

"Man I've been saying it for years bruv"

"Wenger out fam! You understand me?"

Etc etc.

They were right though, and the new manager is still clearing up the mess he left.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Rafferty51 said:

Crisis? Come on now.

:lol:

clueless

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Its frightening that some folk can't see past his BS. We are ****ing woeful.

Just get the feeling that rather than gearing up for an exciting new season we’re gearing up for a tame shrug of the shoulders and the writing off of yet another season as a period of transition. 

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

I don't think it would be fair on him or the other staff because even if he had no involvement in anything outside of the Academy he would be accused of it.

It would also restrict the applicants for the vacancy as many would not want to be involved with him. Despite the fact he has a lot of fans on here he is not well liked within the footballing community which they would be if he was still DOF.

Would you still want him on the Hearts Board?

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, Rafferty51 said:

Crisis? Come on now.

🤣🤣🤣 incredible.

10 minutes ago, Rafferty51 said:

Crisis? Come on now.

It may surprise you to know that a large number of the people who posted on here are not just calling for his head now they have been doing so for quite some time.

You can't seriously think that our current midfield is going to do anything in the SPL other then be totally overrun.

Fire_At_The_Disco

If we make the tragic start to the league season that everyone is predicting I reckon  he will be gone, hopefully this means the back room staff go with him. We need a fresh start with new ideas and a steady course. This honking mediocrity can’t be allowed to go on. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic