Statement from Budge

kila

KingRudi_2012
3 minutes ago, Jenks said:

No , a standing section was looked at by the club ! Isn't possible right now. Face facts.

Point taken however I have never heard a peep from Ann about standing from away fans. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

It's a fairly childish way to look at problem behaviour – not being willing to change unless the other children do too.

How can Hearts hope to enforce no standing on away supporters when some of OUR OWN FANS refuse to comply. 

By standing, these home fans are handing a massive free pass to away fans to do so too!

Thanks for that. 

Good grief......!

Just now, Hearts_fan said:

It seems some people may have a psychological problem with authority, and as Tynecastle has been their "safe space" they simply can't handle being told what to do there.

This. 

34 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

No, no really..But whats good for the Goose..Surely all should adhere to the rules at Tynecastle not just the home support or do you condone the two cheeks behaviuour  and leave them to themselves  ?? 

I don't think we should make our standard of behaviour in line with how the arse cheeks behave, if they damage our stadium they pay for it. 

To even attempt to try and bring them into this argument is pathetic as far as I'm concerned, our support has made a complete arse of things for a lot of people and have now cost us money that should be going on other things.

The remedy is rather simple, sit in your seat and enjoy the game and leave all the other Shit for the playground where it belongs, when that's achieved maybe a discussion about how away fans behave might be warrented.

Just now, maroonexile said:

You’ll not get an answer on here. The most passionless and wooden supporters in the land.

You are not a Hearts supporter now, even if you once were. That is evident from the way you continually slag off our support and club at any opportunity. Just give up the pretence and please go back to supporting whichever club you fancy supporting now, rather than continually coming on here to have a go at Jambos who care about their club.

6 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Between you and him I know who the players would rather have behind them.

Kickback against passion.

That's funny.....we can all get behind them without being a moron pal but you guys crack on.

Let's face it, there are some horrible scum out there who attach themselves to our club, you know the type on Twitter, profile plastered with a certain flag and their Bio lauding their support for UKIP / BREXIT / TOMMY ROBINSON, re-tweeting racist pish, Northern Irish pish yada yada yada, this has to be be the prime focus of Budge to finally rid ourselves of them. They are at the root of most of the issues she talks about, particularly sectarianism and racism, and some of them aren't kids either.

6 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Unfortunately Hearts responsibility. In my opinion.

If something had been worse than occurred it would have been down to Hearts to explain why Celtic fans got in to the opposition end. Dodgy tickets or not Hearts (club) are responsible for Hearts stands and occupants. In fairness there would be a disagreement as its an unusual set of circumstances but ultimately we would have to take responsibility as measures are in place to stop this sort of thing happening although in this instance some people have bypassed it somehow. 

Cheers.

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You are not a Hearts supporter now, even if you once were. That is evident from the way you continually slag off our support and club at any opportunity. Just give up the pretence and please go back to supporting whichever club you fancy supporting now, rather than continually coming on here to have a go at Jambos who care about their club.

This. Put it on ignore. The guy's a troll. Occasionally people quote him so sometimes its hard to avoid his drivel though.

KingRudi_2012
3 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

You’ll not get an answer on here. The most passionless and wooden supporters in the land.

I used to think we were quite a united support with a siege mentality as well. Not anymore though ?

Just now, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

This. Put it on ignore. The guy's a troll. Occasionally people quote him so sometimes its hard to avoid his drivel though.

Sorry about that. :)

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The problem with rules is that you have to make them enforceable, or you shouldn't really be making them at all. The current issue at Tynie isn't to do with folk standing, so including that in the raft of measures risks alienating a lot of people as well as removing the focus from the real issues. If folk see that the club is powerless to make a large part of a section sit down then that immediately casts doubts in folks' minds on their ability to police other measures. I don't know who advised Ann to include the standing in the raft of measures, but I feel it is misguided - that's not what the issue here is all about. By all means she could tackle that issue in the future, but not here and now when there are far more important problems to deal with. Just my opinion though.

Knowing nothing maybe the police or security team gave advice on issues they thought important.

Standing is an old one did man u not issue a similar thing on standing at one point

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Let's face it, there are some horrible scum out there who attach themselves to our club, you know the type on Twitter, profile plastered with a certain flag and their Bio lauding their support for UKIP / BREXIT / TOMMY ROBINSON, re-tweeting racist pish, Northern Irish pish yada yada yada, this has to be be the prime focus of Budge to finally rid ourselves of them. They are at the root of most of the issues she talks about, particularly sectarianism and racism, and some of them aren't kids either.

Top post. This is the real issue, and the statement makes a good start in addressing it

Just now, KingRudi_2012 said:

I used to think we were quite a united support with a siege mentality as well. Not anymore though ?

The vast majority of us are united. The minority appear to shout the loudest on here though at times.

Turn up to Tynecastle, cheer on your team, sing some songs but don’t be a ***** and respect employees of the club.

If you can’t do that then wtf is wrong with you....

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I travel for hours to every home game, and have taken annual leave to go to Cove, Dundee and St Johnstone (next). I’ll just take your word for it that it’s not genuine then. 

They care are that much that they sit for 90 minutes in absolute silence. And have the audacity to criticise the players? 

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Image result for round of applause gif

5 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Ach don’t concern yourself, I’m away.

SpruceBringsteen
8 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Correct.

Literally nothing in that statement to get even remotely upset about - unless you're an absolute arsehole.

Italian Lambretta
12 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Point taken however I have never heard a peep from Ann about standing from away fans. 

Safe standing should have been a priority before roof top restaurants and escalators. 

3 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I will continue to stand at games whether Budge likes it or not ? 

It was sitting behind someone like you that made my (late) father decide he'd go to no more matches because he simply could no longer jump up and down.

Well done you.

KingRudi_2012
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Safe standing should have been a priority before roof top restaurants and escalators. 

Spot on. The club has missed a trick with this. The minute Celtic got theirs we should have went full steam ahead to evaluate getting it done at Tynie.

Just now, maroonexile said:

I travel for hours to every home game, and have taken annual leave to go to Cove, Dundee and St Johnstone (next). I’ll just take your word for it that it’s not genuine then. 

They care are that much that they sit for 90 minutes in absolute silence. And have the audacity to criticise the players? 

Aye well, perhaps, but from your constant and continuing negative attitude towards the club and our fans, you appear to have a perception of Hearts that seemingly doesn't actually match up to how the club really is. I can only assume that you are a long-time supporter who is finding it difficult to embrace how life and society has changed in the last 30-40 years.

Anyway what's with this "absolute silence" shite? No-one has said that we have to stop making noise. That's ridiculous.

Also, we help pay the players' wages, we can criticise them if we want. ;)

Life is simple if you abide by the rules. 

If you are asked not to do something, don't do it!!

If you do do it, don't moan if you are taken to task about doing it.

If you are thinking about doing it, think about what might happen if you do!!

It's like dealing with small children sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Whats Brexit or UKIP got to do with it? I’ve seen some rubbish written but that takes the biscuit. 

KingRudi_2012
Just now, 4marsbars said:

It was sitting behind someone like you that made my (late) father decide he'd go to no more matches because he simply could no longer jump up and down.

Well done you.

I am not in a section where fans sit or want to sit. If I was in a seated section I would sit. 

19 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Cut their allocation ,  increase stewarding and pass the cost onto the visiting club fans. 

Home fans - if it's a problem , it should take a few  minutes to get video of the miscreants followed by a warning letter then rescind their STs. It's really not difficult. 

I would be happy to see Celtic and the Rangers's allocations cut.

I'd also back any move to enforce sitting on all Hearts fans.

Just now, henry said:

Whats Brexit or UKIP got to do with it? I’ve seen some rubbish written but that takes the biscuit. 

Well if you dont understand the context, what can I say......

Would’ve been good if Budge had said that there is a desire among some fans to stand at football and that the club would look into accommodating those supporters where it was possible. Looking after your costumers is no1 priority. 

Scnorthedinburgh
2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I am not in a section where fans sit or want to sit. If I was in a seated section I would sit. 

Think you will find it is s seated section no matter what you say.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

You're a ST holder in an all seater stadium.

Therefore...

6 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Spot on. The club has missed a trick with this. The minute Celtic got theirs we should have went full steam ahead to evaluate getting it done at Tynie.

Never going to happen at Tynie so not worth wasting energy asking for it. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

KingRudi_2012
Just now, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Think you will find it is s seated section no matter what you say.

Officially yes but in reality it is not.

26 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

An official standing section is the way forward. Hopefully one day this can become a reality so we can put debates like this to bed.

cheerio, cheerio, cheerio........

haveyouheard 22

I would never stand up if those behind me could not see, no way . I have a cracking seat but lets face it, its easy to see why many do stand up and get animated.Was there any complaints when we were smashing Celtic and Hibs in massive games in Glasgow as all most all Hearts fans stood celebrating and singing 

Hearts should be looking for a sit down area to help those who toil to see when others stand up 

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, stotty said:

Would love to know what Ann privately thinks about Lennon's antics. 

I think Ann's views are very different to those of Levein if you get what I am saying.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

It would be unprecedented for a club to ban a whole section of fans for standing given it goes on at just about every ground in the country.

Better message the club instead of kickback then ??

been here before

See me? Im hard as ****. Ive got a season ticket in Section N. I dont care what Budge says, she sants Tynecastle to be a library. Well thats alright for sweetie rustlers but no me and my radge Section N standing up mates.

See if stewards try to make me or my radge Section N standing up mates then we'll just laugh at them or tell them to bolt cause we're mental like that. Hard as **** in our wee standing up gang when faced wi 18 year old lassies on basic wages. Im sitting for no *****.

Anyone not approving of this is welcome to meet us at Mathers before the game to discuss football.

So bolt.

2 minutes ago, henry said:

Would’ve been good if Budge had said that there is a desire among some fans to stand at football and that the club would look into accommodating those supporters where it was possible. Looking after your costumers is no1 priority. 

It's already been pointed out that the club looked at this but it wasn't a viable option.

Ann Budge could release a statement wishing everyone a merry Christmas and it would still be criticised.

Scnorthedinburgh
1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Officially yes but in reality it is not.

So you will accept the sanctions in the statement if they get applied to you at one point?

Fair enough at least your not blind to what your doing.

15 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

They care that much they put their hard earned cash into the club just like you. I dont see the problem here, if you dont act like an arsehole then this changes nothing but if you are a bellend who stands when its a seated area and throws shit then you’re not going to like this statement.

12 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

A standing section with no seats is a great idea. I much prefer standing at football, especially when it's cold. You just know that it will draw in all the arseholes in our support though sadly. So I suppose that makes it a doubly good idea as the police etc know where they are.

People standing in other areas just need to have some respect, and I think that's who Budge is aiming this at. Is there someone old, young or obviously unwilling to stand behind me? If yes, don't stand. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with unofficial standing sections like I think Hibs fans do at the back of their new stand, and I'm pretty sure the club wouldn't crack down on those unless they were causing trouble. That's why I don't have an issue with standing in the away end if it's the entire away support, which it often is as they are a different type of supporter. I don't think standing in itself is a bad thing, it's just standing in front of someone sitting is obviously out of order and causes confrontations.

Or you can make a "sitting optional" section so folk know that if they buy a ticket there there might be people standing around them.

8 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

You are in a seated section, the club has never said its for standing, its not been agreed to be standing and the fact there is a ****ing seat there suggests its not for standing.

Whether you like it or not these are the facts.

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

So, it's seated then...?

There are seats but the fans in the section have never sat in them both in the Old Main stand and now the New Stand. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Never going to happen at Tynie so not worth wasting energy asking for it. 

Never say never.

2 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Life is simple if you abide by the rules. 

If you are asked not to do something, don't do it!!

If you do do it, don't moan if you are taken to task about doing it.

If you are thinking about doing it, think about what might happen if you do!!

It's like dealing with small children sometimes.

I think this continued use of children remarks does the debate no favours and demeans it.

Patronising comments to anyone with critical observations of this statement doesn't help.

It's not even a question of standing or not, it's the potentially ridiculous situation in the future where the whole Roseburn will be standing, singing sectarian songs and waving flags and there doesn't seem to be a will to do something tangible about it.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think this continued use of children remarks does the debate no favours and demeans it.

Patronising comments to anyone with critical observations of this statement doesn't help.

It's not even a question of standing or not, it's the potentially ridiculous situation in the future where the whole Roseburn will be standing, singing sectarian songs and waving flags and there doesn't seem to be a will to do something tangible about it.

That's because you set your own standards in life. We had standards at Tynecastle, those standards have been pissed all over and the club are sick of it. Is it really that difficult to understand without bringing away supporters into the debate.

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

You are in a seated section, the club has never said its for standing, its not been agreed to be standing and the fact there is a ****ing seat there suggests its not for standing.

Whether you like it or not these are the facts.

The club has to take the stance that fans are unable to stand at Tynecastle officially. I get that. Every club in the country is the same due to H & S rules. However, threatening to ban fans for it is despicable. Name me the last club that threatened to ban fans for standing in an all seater stadium? Why Hearts fans are being treated in this way is what I do not get and I can only put it down to over zealousness from Budge.

• cosanostra locked this topic