Statement from Budge

kila

2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I don't think I've ever heard Ann defend the Hearts support (as a whole, I'm not talking about the neds).

We seem to just bend over.

I have little doubt today's statement is in response to Wee Nicols's grandstanding yesterday.

By comoarison with the other clubs, Hibs especially, we have been treated disgracefully over this.

But we not only take it, we stoke it by playing up problems.

The wee dick that threw the coin is responsible for all this as far as I’m concerned. Had he not done that te media attention would have been on Lennon’s behaviour, Bobby being punched, and a few smoke bombs being thrown. Largely the attention would have been outside Gorgie though. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

KingRudi_2012
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

BRB lads. Just paying a little visit to the twitterverse?

Never been on Twitter myself. I wouldn't mind a summary of the thoughts of Hearts fans on their if you don't mind ?

3 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Imo it was a perfect opportunity to highlight the behaviour of both sets of fans from the recent derby, Old firm fans who sing sectarian songs and damage the stadium, and also the Aberdeen fan who assaulted Jimmy Dunne.

We all know she was quite right to say what she has re the Hearts fans but it leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth that she hasn’t mentioned the other fans guilty of, imo, worse behaviour. Acknowledge it and make mention of looking at future away allocations should it continue. Nothing more than that.

Only Mrs Budge will know why she chose not to.

That kind of whataboutery never leads to anything constructive and it's a very, very Old Firm thing to do. (Just look at social media. Twitter is basically people shouting counter accusations at each other over and over again.) Rise above it, accept blame where appropriate, acknowledge the wider issues, take steps to change, communicate those, move on. Job done by Budge.

It’s astonishing that those who actually caused this whole sequence of events are pretty much forgotten about when the finger pointing starts. 

?

3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I just had a wee chat with 2 delightful lads on the gorgie loyal page. 

I encountered them tonight also. Enlightened fellows.?

5 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Good stuff from Miss Budge. 

Can`t wait for the complete ban of Celtic and Rangers fans.

A. Indefinite Bans

- Singing or chanting of any song or flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent.  

Let`s hope she is good to her word.

Very much this.

Why do we have a huge police force at high level games doing absolutely naff all to curb away, or our supports, ILLEGAL behaviour. Get that part in order ! We're paying for them, at their insistence, as to police numbers there!

Police should be a deterrent, standing in the corner of school and new stand, watching the game, ain't no help to maintaining order, amongst an excitable group of people.

2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Never been on Twitter myself. I wouldn't mind a summary of the thoughts of Hearts fans on their if you don't mind ?

They all think you are a prick. That's it in a nutshell I'm afraid brother. No way to suger coat it.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

The wee dick that threw the coin is responsible for all this as far as I’m concerned. Had he not done that te media attention would have been on Lennon’s behaviour, Bobby being punched, and a few smoke bombs being thrown. Largely the attention would have been outside Gorgie though. 

Absolutely this. That prick has caused all of this. I’d suggest those pissed off with the sanctions direct their ire at this *****, when identified. 

number witheld

The age of the folk on Twitter not agreeing with the statement. The folk who think we should moan about the away support before sorting out our own problems. The folk that think Ann just reacted to sturgeons statement. The folk who bring union flags to football matches. The folk that want Ann budge to bugger off, and obv take her money with her. Hahahahahahaha

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, redm said:

It’s astonishing that those who actually caused this whole sequence of events are pretty much forgotten about when the finger pointing starts. 

?

Of course they haven't been but in media terms we're now almost exclusively talking about one person.

KingRudi_2012
Just now, Notts1874 said:

They all think you are a prick. That's it in a nutshell I'm afraid brother. No way to suger coat it.

The Twitter posse read Kickback ?? I feel a lot more important now ?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That kind of whataboutery never leads to anything constructive and it's a very, very Old Firm thing to do. (Just look at social media. Twitter is basically people shouting counter accusations at each other over and over again.) Rise above it, accept blame where appropriate, acknowledge the wider issues, take steps to change, communicate those, move on. Job done by Budge.

Hearts players were assaulted.

Hibs fans threw coins.

Our stadium was damaged when Celtic visited and they sung sectarian songs.

All inside Tynecastle stadium. 

It should be acknowledged from Hearts because it sure as hell won’t be by the aforementioned clubs.

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, number witheld said:

The age of the folk on Twitter not agreeing with the statement. The folk who think we should moan about the away support before sorting out our own problems. The folk that think Ann just reacted to sturgeons statement. The folk who bring union flags to football matches. The folk that want Ann budge to bugger off, and obv take her money with her. Hahahahahahaha

You think she didn't react to Sturgeon's statement?

Still if only one coin hadn't been thrown we'd not be criticised at all eh?

KingRudi_2012
4 minutes ago, redm said:

?

This is all as a result of the statement from Budge. She couldn't just let the Police do their jobs though, she always has to get involved. Slagging off the people who are paying her back to the tune of 120k a month and pumping millions into Hearts a year is not a good idea.

Walter Bishop

I think a mention in the statement that these rules apply to BOTH home and away fans and all this aggro could have been avoided. 

Sadly it appears to me again its aimed at Hearts fans only,.

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I take Films of action on the pitch and then do a zoom around of the fans at same time 

Taking films of action on the pitch is not allowed, for a start. 

Still curious as as to how your camera manages to catch people in the act to the extent that the club has found them useful.  Quite a feat. 

3 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Hearts players were assaulted.

Hibs fans threw coins.

Our stadium was damaged when Celtic visited and they sung sectarian songs.

All inside Tynecastle stadium. 

It should be acknowledged from Hearts because it sure as hell won’t be by the aforementioned clubs.

I thought it had been acknowledged in the original joint statement? This is the follow up to say what Hearts plan to do about it.

number witheld
3 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

No it’s not as straight forward as that. 

number witheld

Which bit of sort ourselves out and then we can start throwing stones don’t folk get? 

Obv stone throwing not allowed....

Edited by number witheld

EastSideJambo
6 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Don't hold your breath.

To some, it's imperative that we continue to take the Old Firms money.

Wouldn't need to take their wedge if our fans could step into the breach 

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I think a mention in the statement that these rules apply to BOTH home and away fans and all this aggro could have been avoided. 

The rules surely apply to everyone in the stadium. If every Hibs, Rangers or Celtic fans stands in the away end I assume the club will be banning them from future games???

7 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

If Lennon had not been hit by a coin we would have received a fraction of the criticism, and a tiny fraction at that. 

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

The rules surely apply to everyone in the stadium. If every Hibs, Rangers or Celtic fans stands in the away end I assume the club will be banning them from future games???

You reckon? I just dont see that ever happening. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought it had been acknowledged in the original joint statement? This is the follow up to say what Hearts plan to do about it.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3

I see no acknowledgement of our player being assaulted?

Today’s statement was indeed to say what Hearts plan on doing about it but did I miss the part about potentially not selling the first 2 rows of tickets to away fans so this cannot happen again? 

Haven’t had time to read all 10 pages but my tuppence worth...

The statement is designed to give the club the power, if they need it, to pick out the arseholes and deal with them. Majority of good fans, standing or otherwise will be fine to go about their business as they normally do. It’s a statement for Hearts fans so away end won’t be affected. 

Final thought is for the guys who use standing at the football as some sort of badge of honour. Hahaha sad sacks. Like the folk who define themselves by being tall, growing a beard or always standing at the same part of the bar.

ps yes I’m 5ft 5, can’t grow a beard and cannae get near the bar. 

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Quite.

22 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Imo it was a perfect opportunity to highlight the behaviour of both sets of fans from the recent derby, Old firm fans who sing sectarian songs and damage the stadium, and also the Aberdeen fan who assaulted Jimmy Dunne.

We all know she was quite right to say what she has re the Hearts fans but it leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth that she hasn’t mentioned the other fans guilty of, imo, worse behaviour. Acknowledge it and make mention of looking at future away allocations should it continue. Nothing more than that.

Only Mrs Budge will know why she chose not to.

To be fair to Ann, she did highlight and condemn the incidents from the derby from both sides. The joint statement after the derby.

Singing or chanting of any song or flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent.  

Don't we all want this  ?

And if other clubs supporters indulge that is for them to examine.

I don't want Hearts used for any of the above purposes.

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

You reckon? I just dont see that ever happening. 

I’m sceptical too. But she’s laid down the law today, so I expect it to be enforced equally for everyone in the stadium. If it is then fantastic. If a blind eye is turned to the behaviour and conduct of away fans then the club has opened itself up to criticism from its own fans.

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

To be fair to Ann, she did highlight and condemn the incidents from the derby from both sides. The joint statement after the derby.

I beg to differ but that’s by the by. 

Today’s statement was to tell us the potential consequences to misbehaving Hearts fans.

What are the consequences to the away support should they continue to misbehave?

Why not make mention of that?

Edited by El Diez

36 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

You really think that will work?

How will they be forced?

A riot on the pitch after a national cup final, assaulting Hearts players and throwing hails of missiles at them - not problems up til now. Why would they become so?

It’s like a section of the Hearts support have decided en masse to follow the teachings of Gandhi. 

We can sit there in a state of blissful moral superiority whilst the rest of Scottish football takes the piss. 

As petty as it sounds, a large section of Hearts fans are not going to accept these measures being applied if they are not also being applied to visiting supporters. 

36 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

What you are missing is Ann has power over the whole of Tynecastle and she only chooses to mention our fans. Where was her condemnation of the actions of Hibs fans in her statement? After all they are guests at Tynecastle and should also abide by our rules.

The reality is that she is going to town on a support who have pumped 10s of millions from our own pockets into the club to keep it alive and enabled certain individuals to profit to the tune of several million from the New Stand.

That’s some accusation there.care to elaborate and tell us who made millions from the new stand.

...a bit disco
17 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

This is all as a result of the statement from Budge. She couldn't just let the Police do their jobs though, she always has to get involved. Slagging off the people who are paying her back to the tune of 120k a month and pumping millions into Hearts a year is not a good idea.

Gracious me!

That is an absolute whopper.

Just now, El Diez said:

Today’s statement was to tell us the potential consequences to misbehaving Hearts fans.

What are the consequences of the away support should they continue to misbehave?

I've been saying as such earlier in this thread, bud. Keep the punters onside by stating they are going to take action across the board. She didn't so hey ho, i'm not going to lose my shit over it.

As regards the joint statement, she condemned the incidents, maybe not all specifically, but she did. Let's not split hairs here !

1 hour ago, henry said:

We’d be the only club in the world that banned national flags if that was the case. Can only be flags with political or religious slogans. Fair enough. 

It does my head in when people come out with wide-sweeping statements like this without even doing the minimum of research. Feels like American fake news :)

Anyway, from http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/what-are-the-rules-for-flags-and-banners-at-football-premier-league-football-league

"The club does not allow any national flags of a nation not competing in the specific match." - both Man City & Man Utd. I'm sure there are many others if you search around.

Edited by redjambo

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, obua said:

That’s some accusation there.care to elaborate and tell us who made millions from the new stand.

The main contractor for our New Stand will point you in the right direction.

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Gracious me!

That is an absolute whopper.

Pissing off your customers is not a sensible idea.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, obua said:

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Go on then obua.

The floor is yours.

number witheld
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s like a section of the Hearts support have decided en masse to follow the teachings of Gandhi. 

We can sit there in a state of blissful moral superiority whilst the rest of Scottish football takes the piss. 

As petty as it sounds, a large section of Hearts fans are not going to accept these measures being applied if they are not also being applied to visiting supporters. 

Absolute pish. Who in Scottish football would be taking the piss, really who? The

mindless idiots in other teams support. Sake. 

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

You made the accusation, back it up. 

Strong statement with good sentiment but the proof will be in how they enforce it.

Old firm need banned en masse and I hope people use the reporting line to report their behaviour every time they visit.

They also need to clarify what songs and flags are banned as the statement is very loose on that and a little all over the shop. Also interesting that it extends to political songs and flags. I'm guessing there will be no remembrance at Tynecastle this year and certainly no union flags as part of it?

Fingers crossed that it isn't all just talk and the club back it up with action against both home and away fans who break the rules

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

Absolute pish. Who in Scottish football would be taking the piss, really who? The

mindless idiots in other teams support. Sake. 

Thats football. 

More Hearts fans will stand tomorrow than usual. Guaranteed. 

11 minutes ago, El Diez said:

What are the consequences to the away support should they continue to misbehave?

Agree but it’ll always come down to policing. Can the club dictate to the police?

They crap it when the OF are in town and even to an extent with Hibs. Would rather break up the situ and diffuse it.  

Let them walk away.  

Even the most rubberheided of a Hearts fan being nicked by a steward or copper (if you see one) for minor or slightly more boisterous of offences would go peacefully as not to embarrass themselves on their own patch in front of their own supporters. (Already have with their actions but I hope you get my drift).

Policing needs to be equal across the board. 

Edited by Debut 4

Scnorthedinburgh
4 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Company build something and make profit, shock horror.

No carrilion jokes please.

Was the company to build the stand at a loss?

KingRudi_2012
Just now, Smithee said:

You made the accusation, back it up. 

A Hibs fan made a lot of money from our New Stand development is all I am willing to say.

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Company build something and make profit, shock horror.

No carrilion jokes please.

Was the company to build the stand at a loss?

It is more the choice of contractor and attached cost I have an issue with.

• cosanostra locked this topic