• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

20 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Success on the park determines how successful a club we are. Not beating your fans with a stick for behaviour that is widesepread among football fans and caring what fans of other clubs think of us. 

FWIW I work in and live in Glasgow and we are universally hated by fans of all clubs. Nothing Ann says or does will change that.

At my recent plot ceremony, Ann spoke at length about the unbelievable improvement in our business dealings, investment and donations that are down to the reputational repair our club has been through. You should email the club and state your grievances and maybe she will reply with a more detail account of why our good reputation is of more importance to the club than your right to stand up and act a bit silly. ?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

7 minutes ago, henry said:

Other than the joint statement with Hearts I cant see anything on the hibs website about their fans behaviour. Dempster doesn’t criticise hibs fans and the Glasgow clubs don’t do it with their fans. Budge does and all it does is make matters worse for Hearts. 

How does it make matters worse? This statement is appreciated by a lot of Hearts fans, going by what I've seen so far.

2 minutes ago, munro9 said:

haha because people dont get "your" point they shouldnt post????? Maybe we should all run our posts past you before we submit them?

Cheerio. 

1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

It seems some people may have a psychological problem with authority, and as Tynecastle has been their "safe space" they simply can't handle being told what to do there.

25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

And neither they should.

Who needs society, eh?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

May my recent plot ceremony, Ann spoke at length about the unbelievable improvement in our business dealings, investment and donations that are down to the reputational repair our club has been through. You should email the club and state your grievances and maybe she will reply with a more detail account of why our good reputation is of more importance to the club than your right to stand up and act a bit silly. ?

Forgot about mystery benefactor..... 

24 minutes ago, henry said:

The UJ clearly doesn’t fall into political or sectarian. No national flags do. 

Which players or teams does waving the UJ around support? It's not a national flag in the context of football as the UK doesn't exist in football. There is no British league or national team and therefore no British footballers, as the nationalities of our players align with who they represent internationally. Same with rugby. In rugby you won't see a UJ flying at games though, because they don't have all the Old Firm pish that has polluted the sport of football in Scotland.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I couldn't care less what fans of other clubs think of us. 

Prospective sponsors and investors care how we are percieved. 

Is that not enough in itself to rid ourselves of the negative image, never mind the countless other reasons?

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

May my recent plot ceremony, Ann spoke at length about the unbelievable improvement in our business dealings, investment and donations that are down to the reputational repair our club has been through. You should email the club and state your grievances and maybe she will reply with a more detail account of why our good reputation is of more importance to the club than your right to stand up and act a bit silly. ?

You were singing the sash during the speech though. We couldn't hear a word over your bloody flute later on?

Nelly Terraces

Some people won't be happy until there's utter silence in the ground apart from a 'huzzah' & polite clapping when we score. And we applaud Celtic off after they've done us 5-0.

27 minutes ago, freddiemac said:

Just worried it has taken Ann Budge over a week to come out with this, i hope she wasnt influenced by nicola sturgeons disgraceful attitude to Hearts in parliament yesterday supporting neil lennon in a biased manner.

Better a deliberate thought out response than a knee-jerk press conference tirade. 

Personally I have no problem at all in Budge taking 8 days to consider all the facts, and legal and cultural implications.

john brownlee
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Safe standing should have been a priority before roof top restaurants and escalators. 

Mm, and here's no such thing as "safe standing, Liverpool, Manchester, Hillsboro, Ibrox to name a few who have had fans killed in stampedes, that's why all seater stadiums were introduced to the UK, not to keep "seaters" Happy.

i don't know how tall or big you are, or if you went to matches when you were knee high to a grasshopper. and as a final note there will be one day when you will need these escalators.

just think of others not as fortunate as yourself.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
58 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Abusive language that’s totally over the top ... using the c word when kids are present etc

i know anne will agree 

Dis she tell you that or have you just decided to be her spokesman? 

Have you posted your pictures yet? 

The White Cockade
Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Some people won't be happy until there's utter silence in the ground apart from a 'huzzah' & polite clapping when we score. And we applaud Celtic off after they've done us 5-0.

if our atmosphere is completely made up of coin chucking , flare throwing , Lee Rigby flags and Billy Boy songs we are in trouble

The majority of teams in the world can create an atmosphere without resorting to sectarian chanting but we can't?

18 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Yes Hearts fans threw coins and chucked pyro. Hibs fans threw a similar amount. I can guarantee you Dempster and Petrie will not issue a statement threatening to ban whole sections of fans. Coins and pyro are widespread at the moment in the Scottish game. 

A few young laddies flying Union and Ulster flags is not sectarian or breaking any rules. I would rather they were not flown but it is simply reflective of a societal issue. Hearts have not banmed the flying of national flags so no rules broken there.

We sing one song that can have sectarian lyrics of which the majority do not sing the sectarian version. If you were an outsider reading JKB you would think Tynie was a sea of bigotry for 90 minutes. It is not! Name me sectarian songs we sing other than Hello Hello?

You’re just not getting this are you, what other clubs do isn’t our concern. We put our house in order first. The actions of a few have created consequences for the rest of us. 

Its quite simple really we support Ann Budge show the nation we can behave and when Celtic Hibs or whoever turn up and act like arseholes we can turn the tables in them and force their club to admit they have problems

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Utterly wrong. I don't think there is a single person who wants a silent Tynecastle, and to suggest as much is completely ridiculous. 

The debate is clearly about not wanting to witness sectarian, hateful language and symbology, full-stop. 

Nowhere has any Hearts fan ever said no one is allowed to support the team.

5 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

True but this a small minority just like the hard core fenian blood squad is too.

The overwhelming majority want vocal support for the team without EDL and Ulster baw baggery.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling mistake

KingRudi_2012
7 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Prospective sponsors and investors care how we are percieved. 

Is that not enough in itself to rid ourselves of the negative image, never mind the countless other reasons?

Your theory does not stand up as the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland are the most bigotted and overtly political. 

Sponsors and investors do not look at fan behaviour when weighing up whether to invest in a club. They look at the return on their investment which is determined by succes on the pitch. You just need to look at the way Aberdeen's turnover has grown the last few years as evidence of this.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, farin said:

AB’s ears must be red hot. ?

It's not her ears that seem to be the focus of their attention.

KingRudi_2012
7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Probably the same people backing Budge on here who clapped the Tottenham goals at Tynie. 

5 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Your theory does not stand up as the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland are the most bigotted and overtly political. 

Sponsors and investors do not look at fan behaviour when weighing up whether to invest in a club. They look at the return on their investment which is determined by succes on the pitch. You just need to look at the way Aberdeen's turnover has grown the last few years as evidence of this.

Is it corporate sponsorship that makes Celtic and Rangers the two biggest clubs? Or is it their fan bases?

Have Aberdeen got a problem with sectarianism?

Edited by Hearts_fan

KingRudi_2012
16 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

At my recent plot ceremony, Ann spoke at length about the unbelievable improvement in our business dealings, investment and donations that are down to the reputational repair our club has been through. You should email the club and state your grievances and maybe she will reply with a more detail account of why our good reputation is of more importance to the club than your right to stand up and act a bit silly. ?

Reputational repair? Please tell me more as I don't see how our reputation is any different now to pre Budge taking over. I think she likes to think she has made us a family club though. 

I am not one for emailing my grievances. I do not think myself and Ann would have much common ground.

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Probably the same people backing Budge on here who clapped the Tottenham goals at Tynie. 

:lol:

Chat shit get banged, eh.

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

It's not her ears that seem to be the focus of their attention.

Nope. I've never been so offended.

MacDonald Jardine
13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You’re just not getting this are you, what other clubs do isn’t our concern. We put our house in order first. The actions of a few have created consequences for the rest of us. 

Its quite simple really we support Ann Budge show the nation we can behave and when Celtic Hibs or whoever turn up and act like arseholes we can turn the tables in them and force their club to admit they have problems

You really think that will work?

How will they be forced?

A riot on the pitch after a national cup final, assaulting Hearts players and throwing hails of missiles at them - not problems up til now. Why would they become so?

2 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I am not in a section where fans sit or want to sit. If I was in a seated section I would sit. 

Interesting. I’m not opposed to there being standing areas, by the way.

KingRudi_2012
16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What you are missing is Ann has power over the whole of Tynecastle and she only chooses to mention our fans. Where was her condemnation of the actions of Hibs fans in her statement? After all they are guests at Tynecastle and should also abide by our rules.

The reality is that she is going to town on a support who have pumped 10s of millions from our own pockets into the club to keep it alive and enabled certain individuals to profit to the tune of several million from the New Stand.

...a bit disco
Just now, farin said:

Its a dictatorship. :facepalm:

9BE9267D-FB55-451B-AF7C-E2DC9E746D23.thumb.jpeg.f0a8e53f4fa9d80991ae728a6c97a245.jpeg

That's one of the tamer ones as well.

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, farin said:

Its a dictatorship. :facepalm:

9BE9267D-FB55-451B-AF7C-E2DC9E746D23.thumb.jpeg.f0a8e53f4fa9d80991ae728a6c97a245.jpeg

Spencer and his mates go to every game and are entitled to their opinion. 

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

That's one of the tamer ones as well.

Spencer?? It couldn't possibly be could it???

5 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

You really think that will work?

How will they be forced?

A riot on the pitch after a national cup final, assaulting Hearts players and throwing hails of missiles at them - not problems up til now. Why would they become so?

And with all the talk about sectarianism over the past weeks, barely a mention was made of thousands of Celtic fans singing about Craig Levein being a “sad orange b******” last Saturday, or of thousands singing about building a bonfire with Rangers on top and the Jam Tarts in the middle.

We have been treated appallingly over the events of the Hibs match. Absolutely no balance to the reporting other than south of the border.

While I personally don’t see much wrong with Ann’s statement, I would have liked her to have addressed the media hysteria head on. Perhaps the club felt there was no point or nothing to gain though. They are probably right.

...a bit disco
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Surely not????

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Spencer and his mates go to every game and are entitled to their opinion. 

And we are entitled to say he is talking bollocks?

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Interesting. I’m not opposed to there being standing areas, by the way.

At away games where everyone sits I always sit down. I feel bad for you for your pal who had to stop going. Imo it is worse when everyone is seated as every time there is a flashpoint or we get close to scoring a goal everyone jumps up which has a domino effect.

Dedicated standing and seating sections are the way forward. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Absolutely no doubt in my mind :rofl:

Imo it was a perfect opportunity to highlight the behaviour of both sets of fans from the recent derby, Old firm fans who sing sectarian songs and damage the stadium, and also the Aberdeen fan who assaulted Jimmy Dunne.

We all know she was quite right to say what she has re the Hearts fans but it leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth that she hasn’t mentioned the other fans guilty of, imo, worse behaviour. Acknowledge it and make mention of looking at future away allocations should it continue. Nothing more than that.

Only Mrs Budge will know why she chose not to.

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Dedicated standing and seating sections are the way forward. 

Good suggestion, and one that has been and is being looked into.

At the moment though there is only a seating section. 

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

And with all the talk about sectarianism over the past weeks, barely a mention was made of thousands of Celtic fans singing about Craig Levein being a “sad orange b******” last Saturday, or of thousands singing about building a bonfire with Rangers on top and the Jam Tarts in the middle.

We have been treated appallingly over the events of the Hibs match. Absolutely no balance to the reporting other than south of the border.

While I personally don’t see much wrong with Ann’s statement, I would have liked her to have addressed the media hysteria head on. Perhaps the club felt there was no point or nothing to gain though. They are probably right.

I don't think I've ever heard Ann defend the Hearts support (as a whole, I'm not talking about the neds).

We seem to just bend over.

I have little doubt today's statement is in response to Wee Nicols's grandstanding yesterday.

By comoarison with the other clubs, Hibs especially, we have been treated disgracefully over this.

But we not only take it, we stoke it by playing up problems.

...a bit disco
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Good job said poster isnt around anymore.

Yup.

Good job.

KingRudi_2012
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It is him. Sorry Spencer lad. Sick of you hiding under East Side Jambo. 

Just now, KingRudi_2012 said:

It is him. Sorry Spencer lad. Sick of you hiding under East Side Jambo. 

:scenes:

Who'd have thought it. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

BRB lads. Just paying a little visit to the twitterverse?

I just had a wee chat with 2 delightful lads on the gorgie loyal page. 

• cosanostra locked this topic